Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2021, 06:16:54 PM »

Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2021, 06:19:08 PM »

Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
A gesture I'm sure they would've appreciated.

« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2021, 06:44:00 PM »

Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
A gesture I'm sure they would've appreciated.
Pops would have. Mom would tell me to put that damn thing out because it stinks.

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »

Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
A gesture I'm sure they would've appreciated.
Pops would have. Mom would tell me to put that damn thing out because it stinks.
CNS, sounds about right.

« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »

106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."

« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »

106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
On the news here they were saying how many folks in the northwest don't own a/c. I thought it was just you. I can't even fathom that.

« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2021, 07:30:32 PM »

106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
On the news here they were saying how many folks in the northwest don't own a/c. I thought it was just you. I can't even fathom that.
I can't imagine surviving without it, and I enjoy the heat.

« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2021, 08:21:57 PM »

106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
On the news here they were saying how many folks in the northwest don't own a/c. I thought it was just you. I can't even fathom that.
There's usually only about 15-20 days per year out here that AC is warranted, let alone needed.  This particular set of circumstances happens about every thousand years.  Even so, it's been maybe a week since I last used the gas fireplace in the family room to bring the temperature up to 70, and if the forecast is correct, I'm probably going to be doing that again tomorrow morning.

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2021, 08:24:52 PM »

108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2021, 08:46:07 PM »

108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
108, god damn.

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »

108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
108, god damn.
Back to 106 now.  On the downside.

I lived in Tucson for 25 years.  112 there is far more tolerable than 108 here.  The humidity here and the latitude conspire to make the experience of heat a whole different ballgame.  We're considerably farther north than y'all.  ;-)  Hell, at 47 degrees north, we're north of most of the population of Canada.  The geometry makes for more intense experience of the sun.

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2021, 09:02:01 PM »

My order of vacuum tubes arrived today.  Put new preamp tubes in the power amp, and it works flawlessly.  That means I got this amp (bottom unit in the picture) which is worth $500 minimum in the cosmetic condition it's in and maybe $600-$700 on a good day, for the $45 that three ECC83S tubes cost.  Gotta love that.

« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2021, 09:38:35 PM »

Cigar for Tony.

« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2021, 09:41:58 PM »

Vietnamese takeout for dinner.  None of us is in the mood to cook.  And believe it or not, little ol' out-in-the-sticks Enumclaw, which is in the heart of the only legislative district in Western WA that Trump can claim as his own, has a great little Vietnamese place owned by the loveliest people, God bless 'em.

« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »

108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
108, god damn.
Back to 106 now.  On the downside.

I lived in Tucson for 25 years.  112 there is far more tolerable than 108 here.  The humidity here and the latitude conspire to make the experience of heat a whole different ballgame.  We're considerably farther north than y'all.  ;-)  Hell, at 47 degrees north, we're north of most of the population of Canada.  The geometry makes for more intense experience of the sun.
No arguments here. I've was in Phoenix multiple times when my sister lived out there. The day she got married, it was in the high 90s and I was driving around with the windows down.  It was glorious. No comparison to summer here with the humidity on high.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11