« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2015, 09:31:46 AM »

Police had to don riot gear and deploy tear gas in Columbus last night?  Wonder how many of those dumbass troublemakers were actual students vs low life window of opportunity takers.

« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Morning CG how's the weather treating you today?
Colder than hell...-13 on the drive in with a -30 wind chill.
After seeing Oregon march down that first drive I really thought they were going to overwhelm Ohio St - man was I wrong.
+1 - man was I wrong too!  No bad luck, no significant bad calls just got the living duck poo kicked out of them.  AFter that first march they basically did nothing right.  And wow was their offensive line overwhelmed or what?????  But when you play up and down the west coast all year bad things tend to come in the "post season".
Yeah their O-line looked like JV compared to the D-Line of Ohio St...wow they played well.  I really wanted them to win their first national title, the monkey is just going to get heavier and heavier.
Going to be a serious step back without Mariota.  They will be top twenty, but definitely not top 5.
Agreed - I see them between 12-18 next year.
As every year I will not even think about them until maybe bowl season as in the world of big time football they really don't much matter as they show all year then fizzle when they have to come to the big leagues and play.  Just look at their record.
Didn't they win their previous 2 bowl games before the Nat'l Champ?  Overall I agree, but I am not an SEC worshiper - I think the Pac is legit and doesn't get enough respect.
Like the ACC, hard to get that respect with a performance like that.
If anything, this just showed the parity in college football more than a single dominant conference that everyone heard about all year.
Anyone else thinking they will go to an 8team playoff next year or the year after?
Record shows your parity statement is correct this year.   As to 8 Team Playoff - no way in hell is that going to happen anytime soon -  IMHO.
Well, contracts for four team system are for 11 more years, so some resistance there.  The other problem is that cost to fans of doing not one, but two or three bowl games is prohibitive.  Other than maybe TCU/FSU, think most agree that the top four were picked, and you had to go with an undefeated FSU.  If it went to 8 teams, we would be arguing about 9 and 10.
Very true - I see the same thing in College Hockey as they do 16 teams and it's a cluster fuck between 13-18 every year on who should be in.
I am pretty out of the loop on the contract, but I completely agree on the cost being a key point.  I like the FCS system.  Home field until the championship and the 'bowls' would be sponsored at the home venue if they wanted to keep them - I would rather see the Championship a bowl game but I see the money in bowls, and money talks
And the schools will fight it tooth and nail because after all they are all about academics not atheletics ::)
WE DIDN'T COME HERE TO PLAY SCHOOL! - Your National Champion QB

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »

If anyone has not given up on Fallen Angels they are on the Sister 10/$30.  With a few months in the humi I would actually call them a pretty decent $3 cigar.
Been giving those a hard look all morning. Pretty good cigar, IMFO.
And the Nicas for $4, buy 2 and use catsrule -  $3.32/ea  :D
Oh, hell.  This is going to be one of those kinds of days?

Morning, muchachos.
Mornin Raz!
Another good morning Raz.  Jump on those Nica's good cigars at $4-5 and mighty damn good at $3.32, I bought some on that deal several months ago.
Indeed.  I have 30 of them in my humidor at the moment.  But dammit, I was on the hunt for Asylum Toros.  I'm down to 3, all with a year on them.  Smoked one last night and really enjoyed it.
Keep an eye on the Famous bid site for those, saw a 5-pack go for $9

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2015, 09:37:24 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-state-win-costs-furniture-stores-1-5-million-article-1.2075625
That story looks familiar...
--Yeah, last one I heard about was a car dealership.  The key word in the story is that they worked with a company that underwrote the promotion.  Ashley is making money on the deal.

« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-state-win-costs-furniture-stores-1-5-million-article-1.2075625
That story looks familiar...
--Yeah, last one I heard about was a car dealership.  The key word in the story is that they worked with a company that underwrote the promotion.  Ashley is making money on the deal.
I just meant that I had posted the story like an hour ago.  8)

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2015, 09:39:44 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-state-win-costs-furniture-stores-1-5-million-article-1.2075625
That story looks familiar...
--Yeah, last one I heard about was a car dealership.  The key word in the story is that they worked with a company that underwrote the promotion.  Ashley is making money on the deal.
I just meant that I had posted the story like an hour ago.  8)
I'm with ya

« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2015, 09:40:03 AM »

Police had to don riot gear and deploy tear gas in Columbus last night?  Wonder how many of those dumbass troublemakers were actual students vs low life window of opportunity takers.
Get on their asses Bean!! ;D

« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-state-win-costs-furniture-stores-1-5-million-article-1.2075625
That story looks familiar...
--Yeah, last one I heard about was a car dealership.  The key word in the story is that they worked with a company that underwrote the promotion.  Ashley is making money on the deal.
I just meant that I had posted the story like an hour ago.  8)
Yeah I think everybody knew that except CG who is young and succeptable to pre-mature posting.

« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »

[...]
Nah, the SEC doesn't even bother trying to support that facade.

« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2015, 09:43:56 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio-state-win-costs-furniture-stores-1-5-million-article-1.2075625
That story looks familiar...
--Yeah, last one I heard about was a car dealership.  The key word in the story is that they worked with a company that underwrote the promotion.  Ashley is making money on the deal.
I just meant that I had posted the story like an hour ago.  8)
I'm with ya
I remember a Jewelry guy doing that a few years back.  Did free jewelry if it snowed like 2" or more on Christmas(with Insurance) - he said more people ended up coming in to return & upgrade what they had previously bought that he just made a killing on the deal.