Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »

The good news is we got a college football game on tonight - the bad news is someone could create and birth  a new baby before we have another college football game.
I guess there are probably worse uses for your time.  In seven years your Falls will be spent coaching him/her in the finer points of American football, then going to his High School games, and reading about his heroics and stats in the local newspaper/website.  Then spending money to go to all of his college football games, thanking God for his full sports/academic scholarshipk.  The big payback will be his large signing bonus for being a First Round draft pick, and the limo pickups to bring you to his home games.  So, not a bad way to spend your time between tomorrow and the beginning of the new season.
Good afternoon, SLY.
hello Sly....
Good afternoon, Tony and Flip ... lurking from time to time ... posting not often ... not a platinum poster ... more like a polished aluminum toaster ... I wish I could join you guys for the NJ herf ... Flip don't miss it (for those of us not close enough to attend), butter your wife up, make her feel good ... whatever it takes to make it ... then post about it, so the rest of us can enjoy vicariously.
you are right, Tony & little fish, will just talk about how they told each other to GFY all night, and maybe smoked a cigar.  Also I have not met Dave, but have been a recipient of some nice cigars he sent when Mike Weber came in 2013. That was the night I stupidly stood outside a closed restaurant in subfreezing weather.  Bad intel creates a flipsicle, film at 11.
I still need to meet Dave and enjoy a cigar together, from the CFest Sat. photos and the banter I feel like I've already met, but have missed him by only hours at CigarFest ...  have met and spent time with the rest ... good group, good company.  Tony, was real generous with the food at the Friday eve. tailgate last year. We had a lot of fun until the cold drove us back to warm up at the hotel.  Speaking of, I've got to get out of these wet boots and warm up my feet, maybe take a nap, so I can watch the foot a ball gama tonight a.

« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2015, 04:25:21 PM »

[...]
I only just posted that.  How did you see it so quickly?
I do not know ... not normally known as the swiftest kid on the block, Tony.  Read about your renter troubles ... my brother went through that a few times ... always too busy to stay on top of things and the renters would get way behind ... Glad you are able to get him outta there in a month's time (hopefully).  You should drop off a bouquet of flowers at his Mom's house, saying that you are happy to hear she is alive, since her son reported her dead and had attended the funeral.
Typical situation would be his poor mother probably gave him the money to pay the rent.
I should have been clear.  This guy is in his late 40s/early 50s.  But his brother was giving him half the rent money, I wouldn't doubt if his mother was given him the other half.  Alright guys, I have a spelling bee to get to.  See yuz.

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »

With that, time to be heading out.  Hope the game tonight matches the hype.
Go Oregon!  See ya Dave!
Ya know, I hope the Ducks get it done as well.  Never won it before and I'm afraid if they don't do it now, it will be a few years before they get another chance.  Going to be a couple of lean years after Mariota leave.... they will be good, but not top 10.

« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2015, 04:59:22 PM »

[...]
You participatin' ?

« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »

Almost time to head home - might smoke a cigar tonight while watching the game.  I'll sign off now so I don't forget, have a good night all.

GO DUCKS!

« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »

Almost time to head home - might smoke a cigar tonight while watching the game.  I'll sign off now so I don't forget, have a good night all.

GO DUCKS!
Have a good evening Yellow star.

« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »

In the recliner, tv tuned in, fire in the fireplace and 3-fingers of Fighting Cock poured (no vermouth).  Cold outside so no seagar.  Bring on the game!

« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2015, 07:15:22 PM »

Almost time to head home - might smoke a cigar tonight while watching the game.  I'll sign off now so I don't forget, have a good night all.

GO DUCKS!
Have a good evening Yellow star.
Roast Duck?  Buckeye Pie?
Logged

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »

Almost time to head home - might smoke a cigar tonight while watching the game.  I'll sign off now so I don't forget, have a good night all.

GO DUCKS!
Have a good evening Yellow star.
Roast Duck?  Buckeye Pie?
Buck the Ducks!

« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »

Heavy rain all day, going down into the mid 20s tonight, tomorrow's commute should be fun.

« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:49 PM »

Evening CB.  No straddling the fence now.

« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »

Heavy rain all day, going down into the mid 20s tonight, tomorrow's commute should be fun.
That combo could get nasty for sure.

« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »

Damn Ducks don't have on any crazy uniforms so how they going to run fast?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »

[...]
  Sheesh, Five hours later and still on the same page.  The banter needs a little rotorooter or prune smoothie.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »

Damn Ducks don't have on any crazy uniforms so how they going to run fast?
I agree ... they lost some pizzazz without those uniforms
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21