« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2015, 08:55:56 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
+1.  WTF is Chartreuse anyway?
I always thought it was a bright color but maybe it is another kind of Vermouth or something.

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:42 AM »

Mayor must be cleaning out the renter's toilet this morning. ::)

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
+1.  WTF is Chartreuse anyway?
I've only heard of chartreuse referenced as a color, never a flavor
I was just gonna say the same thing.

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »

Mayor must be cleaning out the renter's toilet this morning. ::)
Did he ever get them kicked out?

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2015, 08:58:22 AM »

OH yeah we are supposed to talk about Cigars here.    I got in one Short Story for the entire 3-day weekend.  Pretty pathetic performance I guess.
It's now been over 3 weeks since I've had one, so you're not doing too bad.
But I live "where the weather is nice".
True, but my biggest problem was probably the sickness. Finally over it, but it's supposed to get wicked cold again starting tonight. Maybe if the garage stays warm enough, I'll brave the conditions.

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2015, 09:00:34 AM »

OH yeah we are supposed to talk about Cigars here.    I got in one Short Story for the entire 3-day weekend.  Pretty pathetic performance I guess.
It's now been over 3 weeks since I've had one, so you're not doing too bad.
But I live "where the weather is nice".
True, but my biggest problem was probably the sickness. Finally over it, but it's supposed to get wicked cold again starting tonight. Maybe if the garage stays warm enough, I'll brave the conditions.
Illness is a forgivable sin.

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »

Mayor must be cleaning out the renter's toilet this morning. ::)
Did he ever get them kicked out?
Hell no the big puzzy went over there and fixed the toilet then came home with no rent from either one of them, a story that the party was a hoax from one and the other one's mother died.....  Now says his wife is going to evict them.

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:58 AM »

Mayor must be cleaning out the renter's toilet this morning. ::)
Did he ever get them kicked out?
Hell no the big puzzy went over there and fixed the toilet then came home with no rent from either one of them, a story that the party was a hoax from one and the other one's mother died.....  Now says his wife is going to evict them.
A great example of why I'd never want to own a rental property. I have a hard enough time keeping my house in order, to say nothing of another one that someone else lives in.

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
+1.  WTF is Chartreuse anyway?
A truly vile herbal liquor.  http://www.chartreuse.fr/green-chartreuse;fiche;3;uk.html  Used to do shots of it back in the day....no longer.  110 proof.

« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
+1.  WTF is Chartreuse anyway?
A truly vile herbal liquor.  http://www.chartreuse.fr/green-chartreuse;fiche;3;uk.html  Used to do shots of it back in the day....no longer.  110 proof.
HMMMM were there any on the list with hints of Strawberry Hill and MD 2020

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2015, 09:09:51 AM »

A man walks into his bedroom and sees his wife packing a suitcase. He asks, 'What are you doing?'
She answers, 'I'm moving to Nevada. I heard prostitutes there get paid $400 for doing what I do for you for free.
Later that night, on her way out, the wife walks into the bedroom & sees her husband packing his suitcase.
When she asks him where he's going, he replies, 'I'm coming too.
I  want to see how you live on $800 a year ..

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2015, 09:10:55 AM »

A man walks into his bedroom and sees his wife packing a suitcase. He asks, 'What are you doing?'
She answers, 'I'm moving to Nevada. I heard prostitutes there get paid $400 for doing what I do for you for free.
Later that night, on her way out, the wife walks into the bedroom & sees her husband packing his suitcase.
When she asks him where he's going, he replies, 'I'm coming too.
I  want to see how you live on $800 a year ..
LALTS

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2015, 09:11:36 AM »

The good news is we got a college football game on tonight - the bad news is someone could create and birth  a new baby before we have another college football game.

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »

I keep seeing notices of offices closed so people teleworking is there some ice/snow up towards the NorthEast this mornng?

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »

I keep seeing notices of offices closed so people teleworking is there some ice/snow up towards the NorthEast this mornng?
Snowing here now, but not too bad. Lots of schools closed a bit south of me, must've just missed the brunt of the storm up here by the lake.