« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2015, 08:44:16 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »

Morning Bean and Yellow Star.
Good mornin Dave.  I finally tried the ST 2XMAS, had it on tap since we don't have the bombers available here - one of the most complex beers with flavor layering I have ever had.  Really enjoyed it
Please Sir, remember this is a cigar discussion board.

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2015, 08:44:39 AM »

OH yeah we are supposed to talk about Cigars here.    I got in one Short Story for the entire 3-day weekend.  Pretty pathetic performance I guess.
It's now been over 3 weeks since I've had one, so you're not doing too bad.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2015, 08:46:05 AM »

Deadbeat cat.

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 08:48:11 AM »

Deadbeat cat.
Stole your chair and everything!

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:20 AM »

OH yeah we are supposed to talk about Cigars here.    I got in one Short Story for the entire 3-day weekend.  Pretty pathetic performance I guess.
It's now been over 3 weeks since I've had one, so you're not doing too bad.
But I live "where the weather is nice".

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
And doing a piss-poor job of it at that.

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2015, 08:50:45 AM »

Deadbeat cat.
Stole your chair and everything!
I think that is his guest chair, Dean has a chaise lounge. :)
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2015, 08:50:47 AM »

70° with thunderstorms moving in.
Better than cold and snow!

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
And doing a piss-poor job of it at that.
Did they eat the cigar or smoke it?

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:14 AM »

70° with thunderstorms moving in.
Better than cold and snow!
AMEN!!!!

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
+1.  WTF is Chartreuse anyway?

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »

As if being Monday and coming to work after a 3-day weekend of crappy weather with only one very small (but tasty) cigar was not bad enough my older brother sends me a text that he turned in his retirment papers Friday effective the end of March. :'(

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2015, 08:55:20 AM »

Looking through the Halfwheel top 25 for 2014.  Interesting read.  Top cigar is $500....sorry but for $500 I would expect a whole lot more than just a great smoke.

And they have Las Calaveras at #4 which I fully agree with...except for the description....."With unique flavors of crispy chicken skin, burnt butter, Chartreuse and cola syrup in its profile, along with excellent construction, it is easy to see why the Las Calaveras was included in our list this year. — Brooks Whittington."  My palate definitely has some catching up to do.... ::)
At this point, they're just making shit up.
+1.  WTF is Chartreuse anyway?
I've only heard of chartreuse referenced as a color, never a flavor