CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: 1/12/2015  (Read 52474 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 1/12/2015
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »

With that, time to be heading out.  Hope the game tonight matches the hype.
Go Oregon!  See ya Dave!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »

The good news is we got a college football game on tonight - the bad news is someone could create and birth  a new baby before we have another college football game.
I guess there are probably worse uses for your time.  In seven years your Falls will be spent coaching him/her in the finer points of American football, then going to his High School games, and reading about his heroics and stats in the local newspaper/website.  Then spending money to go to all of his college football games, thanking God for his full sports/academic scholarshipk.  The big payback will be his large signing bonus for being a First Round draft pick, and the limo pickups to bring you to his home games.  So, not a bad way to spend your time between tomorrow and the beginning of the new season.
Good afternoon, SLY.
hello Sly....
Good afternoon, Tony and Flip ... lurking from time to time ... posting not often ... not a platinum poster ... more like a polished aluminum toaster ... I wish I could join you guys for the NJ herf ... Flip don't miss it (for those of us not close enough to attend), butter your wife up, make her feel good ... whatever it takes to make it ... then post about it, so the rest of us can enjoy vicariously.
I only just posted that.  How did you see it so quickly?
I do not know ... not normally known as the swiftest kid on the block, Tony.  Read about your renter troubles ... my brother went through that a few times ... always too busy to stay on top of things and the renters would get way behind ... Glad you are able to get him outta there in a month's time (hopefully).  You should drop off a bouquet of flowers at his Mom's house, saying that you are happy to hear she is alive, since her son reported her dead and had attended the funeral.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2015, 04:05:40 PM »

With that, time to be heading out.  Hope the game tonight matches the hype.
Go Oregon!  See ya Dave!
Later DAve - GO DUCKS

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2015, 04:09:31 PM »

The good news is we got a college football game on tonight - the bad news is someone could create and birth  a new baby before we have another college football game.
I guess there are probably worse uses for your time.  In seven years your Falls will be spent coaching him/her in the finer points of American football, then going to his High School games, and reading about his heroics and stats in the local newspaper/website.  Then spending money to go to all of his college football games, thanking God for his full sports/academic scholarshipk.  The big payback will be his large signing bonus for being a First Round draft pick, and the limo pickups to bring you to his home games.  So, not a bad way to spend your time between tomorrow and the beginning of the new season.
Good afternoon, SLY.
hello Sly....
Good afternoon, Tony and Flip ... lurking from time to time ... posting not often ... not a platinum poster ... more like a polished aluminum toaster ... I wish I could join you guys for the NJ herf ... Flip don't miss it (for those of us not close enough to attend), butter your wife up, make her feel good ... whatever it takes to make it ... then post about it, so the rest of us can enjoy vicariously.
I do not know ... not normally known as the swiftest kid on the block, Tony.  Read about your renter troubles ... my brother went through that a few times ... always too busy to stay on top of things and the renters would get way behind ... Glad you are able to get him outta there in a month's time (hopefully).  You should drop off a bouquet of flowers at his Mom's house, saying that you are happy to hear she is alive, since her son reported her dead and had attended the funeral.
Typical situation would be his poor mother probably gave him the money to pay the rent.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »

Time for me and my GOLD stars to pack it up. Hazzuh!
Huzzah Big D.  Going to be having duck for dinner tonight?
Explain.  Somehow I don't see you preparing that for yourself this evening.  Oh sorry, didn't notice the question mark.  My bad.
http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state/columbus-restaurant-city-barbecue-is-making-smoked-duck-this-week-ahead-of-national-championship
DINNER!!!!!!
Amen to that!
Here is a video from that hunt, starts during our hunt: http://youtu.be/iFGNEj-Xun0?t=2m10s
Shaun, nice video.  What guns and rounds are you using?  So quiet ... just clicks ...
All of us had 12ga shotguns - I shoot a Remington 11-87 28", my dad shoots a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 with a 30" barrel, buddy was shooting a new Winchester semi-auto and I can't remember what the other 2 guys were shooting.
  I'm not much of a hunter, but have friends who are ... just amazed at how quiet they were.
P.S. I came on briefly to post on Sat. while watching the last bit of the NDSU game ... bantering a bit with TexDave who was posting updates ... great game ... a toast to you, Shaun, and the great state of N. Dakota.
That is right there were 3 or 4 of us bantering the Buffalo's along there.  Had us sweating it out the last 2 minutes!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »

Explain.  Somehow I don't see you preparing that for yourself this evening.  Oh sorry, didn't notice the question mark.  My bad.
http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state/columbus-restaurant-city-barbecue-is-making-smoked-duck-this-week-ahead-of-national-championship
DINNER!!!!!!
Amen to that!
Here is a video from that hunt, starts during our hunt: http://youtu.be/iFGNEj-Xun0?t=2m10s
Shaun, nice video.  What guns and rounds are you using?  So quiet ... just clicks ...
All of us had 12ga shotguns - I shoot a Remington 11-87 28", my dad shoots a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 with a 30" barrel, buddy was shooting a new Winchester semi-auto and I can't remember what the other 2 guys were shooting.
  I'm not much of a hunter, but have friends who are ... just amazed at how quiet they were.
P.S. I came on briefly to post on Sat. while watching the last bit of the NDSU game ... bantering a bit with TexDave who was posting updates ... great game ... a toast to you, Shaun, and the great state of N. Dakota.
That is right there were 3 or 4 of us bantering the Buffalo's along there.  Had us sweating it out the last 2 minutes!
I was feeling great about my bet until NI scored, then I was filled with joy 5minutes later :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

Hachoo see ya'll later I am going home and take a nap so I can maybe stay awake for the whole game.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »

DINNER!!!!!!
Amen to that!
Thanks Sly!  It was quite the game and damn fun to watch!  I think he had the audio turned down, they are loud, but not as quiet as the video portrays. 
How have things been going with you?
Good. The previous week, I went to a bunch of funerals, wakes & memorial services ...
hopefully that will die down.
Watched a good part of the first game yesterday, happy that Green Bay was victorious (my CiL is a part owner), though that was a heckuva effort by Dallas WR whatshisname on the call reversed incomplete pass.
Then enjoyed a pretty good cigar while watching the second game with the Broncos and Colts.
RP Honduran Classic natural toro (from the celebrity site).  Gave a JdN 1970 Antano Gran Consul to a smoking buddy just before the game with a warning that it is smooth, but pretty strong probably should be smoked after a
good meal. About 3/4 in he really started feeling it and said, now I know what you mean, I better slow down ... that thing lasted longer than my toro.  He had given me an Ashton Salute the previous week, which was awesome.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2015, 04:15:29 PM »

Hachoo see ya'll later I am going home and take a nap so I can maybe stay awake for the whole game.
Good plan - go Ducks!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »

Good idea, TR, think I'll do the same ... pretty wet and cold out there, my feet are just drying out and warming up.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »

Good afternoon, SLY.
hello Sly....
you are right, Tony & little fish, will just talk about how they told each other to GFY all night, and maybe smoked a cigar.  Also I have not met Dave, but have been a recipient of some nice cigars he sent when Mike Weber came in 2013. That was the night I stupidly stood outside a closed restaurant in subfreezing weather.  Bad intel creates a flipsicle, film at 11.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »

DINNER!!!!!!
So did you get the feathers off those birds?  We all know how you have a hard time finishing projects.
Wonder if he left the feet on.  ;)
Oh SHEESH - All we need now is Dad to show up! ::)
Why, will he try to put them in high heeled pumps?  ::)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »

Good afternoon, SLY.
hello Sly....
Typical situation would be his poor mother probably gave him the money to pay the rent.
Unless Mom is a collaborator, Tony letting his mom know could end up in sweet pay back, as nobody can fry your a** like your mom when she's mad.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

Good afternoon, SLY.
hello Sly....
Magic of the interwebz!
Yeah but I PM'd the Jersey guys.  SLY wasn't among those.
some of us read the older pages of banter. life does not start on the current page, Dave!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21