Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »

Good morning everyone.  I have the grandkids again today so this is just a short drive by.  Last fall while my wife, a friend, and I were sitting in my backyard, about 15 of these bird drones flew over my house.  They made a 90 degree right turn, flew down two houses and circled like buzzards.  I'm guessing they were about 250 to 300 foot up in the air.  One broke off from the group and flew down over us and circled.  I went inside to get my camera, but it few back to the other drones before I could get back outside.  I took a photo, but they just look like little dots.  They were quite, and all black.  They then few south for about 1/4 mile, and started circling again.  None of them ever flapped their wings.  Here's the closest photo that I can find that looked like the shapes we saw.  https://www.geek.com/news/silent-running-uav-looks-like-a-bird-capable-of-invisible-surveillance-1552049/
Hey BD!  Another great Bad Dad story.
It was the NSA, keeping tabs on Dad.

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »

Good morning guys. 70° and wet. EPC 2nd and coffee. Going over to the lady's house and try to put together some fancy pool ladder, then I have to load up the archives display for setting up tomorrow so it's in place for Saturday.

Mornin, Deano... How were you getting in and out of the pool before? Standing on a lawn chair?
One of those cheap ladders that came with the pool.

Oh, I see... you said "fancy"
ladder on hold, raining and buggy as all getout. sorting my archives display. I have a hell of a mess to sort from the guy before me.
Sloppy seconds.
Pretty sure that's what the lady and the redhead are getting.
Yeah, but Dean's good about cleaning up when the job is finished.

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »

Thought seriously about ordering a second Marlin rifle. Talked myself out of it. I'm thinking there will be a lot more firearms deals to come in the next few months.
What more than a 45/70 do you need?  Got an old trapdoor Springfield carbine.  Lots of fun to shoot.  The Army issued a 45/70 cartridge that was in effect a 45/55 because the recoil of the full 45/70 was too much in the lighter carbine which is what I shoot.  Nothing like a big ol' cloud of black powder smoke.

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:44 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light
Hmm...inspiration for when I finally get home tonight. Which will be late due to youngest son's band banquet.

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light
You found 12 of 'em all in one place?

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2017, 04:49:12 PM »

95 degrees feels like 102

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light
You found 12 of 'em all in one place?
Yep, and none of them named Comey.

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »

Thought seriously about ordering a second Marlin rifle. Talked myself out of it. I'm thinking there will be a lot more firearms deals to come in the next few months.
What more than a 45/70 do you need?  Got an old trapdoor Springfield carbine.  Lots of fun to shoot.  The Army issued a 45/70 cartridge that was in effect a 45/55 because the recoil of the full 45/70 was too much in the lighter carbine which is what I shoot.  Nothing like a big ol' cloud of black powder smoke.
You should get a new rifle and donate that old trapdoor to me. Out of the goodness of my heart, I'd give it a good home.
As for need, "What the hell does need have to do with anything?" - TexCarolinaDave

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light
You found 12 of 'em all in one place?
Yep, and none of them named Comey.
Or Trump, or McCain, or Schumer, or Pelosi...

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light
You found 12 of 'em all in one place?
Yep, and none of them named Comey.
Or Trump, or McCain, or Schumer, or Pelosi...
Honest politician is an oxymoron.

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »

95 degrees feels like 102
61 here. Feels like 58.

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »

Thought seriously about ordering a second Marlin rifle. Talked myself out of it. I'm thinking there will be a lot more firearms deals to come in the next few months.
hey, I need a favor. I'm looking for a .410 Mossberg pump. not the 'military style' with the hand grip, just a plain old pump. you seem to come across some great deals. could you keep an eye out for me?

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »

12 Honest Men ready to light
You found 12 of 'em all in one place?
Yep, and none of them named Comey.
Or Trump, or McCain, or Schumer, or Pelosi...
Honest politician is an oxymoron.
Well, Huey Long was pretty honest, as politicians go. "I appreciate your concerns. Write them on the back of a check and I'll make sure they are addressed."

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2017, 04:59:01 PM »

Thought seriously about ordering a second Marlin rifle. Talked myself out of it. I'm thinking there will be a lot more firearms deals to come in the next few months.
hey, I need a favor. I'm looking for a .410 Mossberg pump. not the 'military style' with the hand grip, just a plain old pump. you seem to come across some great deals. could you keep an eye out for me?
I'll put the word out.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9