CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 2/9/2017  (Read 11470 times)

Threebean

Re: 2/9/2017
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »

Morning Snowpocalypsers.  Sunny and mid-forties here.  Coffee and....just coffee going here.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »

« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2017, 11:36:32 PM »
Good deal for Raz on El Centurian box pressed coronas on cbid, $69 currently

That would have been a solid deal...
It held too, guy won the box for $67. Of course we don't know what his high bid was set at but still

True, but if there was interest, one could have pushed it up to their limit. Still a respectable deal at $80 or so... Alas, I had already spent my monthly budget on some El Osos. Once I saw inventory rapidly declining, I thought they may never come back. Had to pull the trigger... I had no other choice, right!?!  ;)
That's funny, you did the right thing, of course. I'd rather have the El Osos anyway

I thought so. I have taken to the Warped lines, but some are still a reach as far as price point for multiples... for example, even on the auction site, a 5pk of Colmena 44's went for $62. The only one I would say was a disappointment were the La Haciendas... and they weren't awful. The others were just better, imo.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 09:17:55 AM »

It held too, guy won the box for $67. Of course we don't know what his high bid was set at but still

True, but if there was interest, one could have pushed it up to their limit. Still a respectable deal at $80 or so... Alas, I had already spent my monthly budget on some El Osos. Once I saw inventory rapidly declining, I thought they may never come back. Had to pull the trigger... I had no other choice, right!?!  ;)
He got them for $75 delivered, that's nice

Indeed

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »

Morning Snowpocalypsers.  Sunny and mid-forties here.  Coffee and....just coffee going here.

Morning, Mark. About the same here... maybe partly-sunny. Looks like it has potential though...

sfish

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »

He got them for $75 delivered, that's nice

Indeed
It's a recent trend with that line, there are good bargains out there for a really good cigar

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 09:26:45 AM »

That's funny, you did the right thing, of course. I'd rather have the El Osos anyway
Still a good inventory of  El Oso Ursus 2016 LE at Atlantic for $100.  Grand Corona  5 5/8 x 46.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »

I thought so. I have taken to the Warped lines, but some are still a reach as far as price point for multiples... for example, even on the auction site, a 5pk of Colmena 44's went for $62. The only one I would say was a disappointment were the La Haciendas... and they weren't awful. The others were just better, imo.
Morning Steve.  Agree with the Warped line as does Ogie.  I do enjoy the La Haciendas however.  They were priced a bit lower than the rest of the line and luckily I was able to get a couple of boxes at a good price.  Sticker seems to have gone up with the rest of the line as of late.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 09:36:48 AM »

Still a good inventory of  El Oso Ursus 2016 LE at Atlantic for $100.  Grand Corona  5 5/8 x 46.

"specially blended exclusively for Atlantic"... just for the exclusive vitola, I'm guessing?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 09:39:12 AM »

"specially blended exclusively for Atlantic"... just for the exclusive vitola, I'm guessing?
That is correct sir.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 09:47:39 AM »

Morning Steve.  Agree with the Warped line as does Ogie.  I do enjoy the La Haciendas however.  They were priced a bit lower than the rest of the line and luckily I was able to get a couple of boxes at a good price.  Sticker seems to have gone up with the rest of the line as of late.

I have some optimism on revisiting... still have a few napping. I do seem to prefer El Oso, Futuro and/or the Flor del Valle though.

sfish

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:11 AM »

I also really like La Haciendas

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »

That is correct sir.

Sounds pretty much like a Tat Black CG... except for the nipple.  :P

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »

Another for raz to keep an eye on:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2511077/el-centurion-robusto-20/

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2515776/my-father-el-centurion-toro-box-pressed-box-of-20/

seems there's two ways they list these...
The robustos are practically toros 5.7x50

I'm guessing the "box-pressing" is a new for these. I'd like to try the H-2K-CT... You know, for my short list.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8