BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/11/2017
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Hey, Bret. You sleep in today?  ;D
Managed to make it till 5am today.

You'll get there eventually... then they'll change the clocks again.

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Hey, Bret. You sleep in today?  ;D
Managed to make it till 5am today.

You'll get there eventually... then they'll change the clocks again.
Ain't that the truth.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/11/2017
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »

good morning all!
Howdy, Sam.
Hi Tony.  keeps warming up out there today, it may be a cigar lunch!
Absolutely. I'm looking forward to taking down the Christmas lawn ornaments.
Sounds like a plan!  Took the tree down this weekend and no yard stuff so we're officially done with Christmas 2016!  just have to get all of this stuff back up into the attic....
Morning SS,  I also just lack that same final step of the attic.

I did have the old Santa in the yard and warden had a few items on the porch but those are all in the garage awaiting the attic drill also.
Morning TR.  The attic trip sometimes waits until February as it's in a back bedroom and we don't go back there too often, the out of sight out of mind thing kicks in.

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »

3 quality smokes at the Sister today

All day Mash but nothing exciting there now

CI Joe and the FU Suck

There's a Crowned Heads sampler that includes a couple Las Mareas that is code eligible... if anyone was interested in trying one.  ;)
Good morning, Steve. Found a Las Mareas I picked up at the b&m, while rooting around the humidor yesterday. It's on my short list of "to smoke". I've got a Room101 Big Payback connie, an AJF Bellas Artes, and an Omar Ortez Original before it.

That's quite the list you have going there, but it's only 4... Dean might have those checked off by noon. You just have to apply yourself.  ;)

Just checked out the mash. That's not too bad of a deal even without using the code. Also curious about the E.P. Carrillo La Alianza Rosado Unicos on there. Anyone?

I haven't had anything new from the line since the new wave... which was decent. I do keep a few La Historia's on hand though. I enjoy that one.

Wait, I've had the Seleccion Oscuro too. Liked that one as well
Both superior offerings.  Capa del Sol is a very worthwhile new offering, and don't forget EPC has done many of the Crowned Heads offerings.  Some years of the Short Run and LE may be the best however.

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:12 AM »

3 quality smokes at the Sister today

All day Mash but nothing exciting there now

CI Joe and the FU Suck

There's a Crowned Heads sampler that includes a couple Las Mareas that is code eligible... if anyone was interested in trying one.  ;)
Good morning, Steve. Found a Las Mareas I picked up at the b&m, while rooting around the humidor yesterday. It's on my short list of "to smoke". I've got a Room101 Big Payback connie, an AJF Bellas Artes, and an Omar Ortez Original before it.
IMHO the AJF is the best of the group, your choice as to smoke it first or last...
I may move the Las Mareas up before the OOO. But last? Do you know something I don't know? I'm not planning on having my last cigar for a few more years down the road.
Purchased a 5'r of Las Mareas a couple of months ago and smoked one of them, not bad by any means but I was not overly excited by it either.
Agree with that assessment, except on the negative side of meh for me.
I agree, have the La Careme to make up for it or even the lighter more subtle Luminosa.

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »

good morning all!
Howdy, Sam.
Hi Tony.  keeps warming up out there today, it may be a cigar lunch!

Howdy, Sammy. Warming up here as well. Supposed to be 68 here today. Which makes perfect sense since it was just snowing and sub 30's only 2 days ago... Thanks, AlGore
Hey BS!  Nice! I think we're supposed to get a taste of that tomorrow.  may just get 2 cigar lunches this week!
But back in the freezer for the weekend.

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:59 AM »

Morning Mr. Sam!

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:53 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Hey, Bret. You sleep in today?  ;D
Managed to make it till 5am today.
Need some light therapy or something there Raz.

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2017, 10:51:11 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Hey, Bret. You sleep in today?  ;D
Managed to make it till 5am today.
Need some light therapy or something there Raz.
Nah, just need to be more active in the evening, instead of falling asleep in my recliner in front of the TV. I usually have so many things going on that this isn't a problem. But there's been a lull.

Time to start preparing for my trip to Front Sight for President's Day weekend, I guess. Get back on the range.

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »

[...]

La Careme sounds good too, I'll add it to the list. But first the Big Payback connie. Heading out now to get that started.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/11/2017
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »

Morning Mr. Sam!
Morning Mr Dave!  no wonder everyone I talk to is sick.  18 degrees 1 day, 60 the next, then back to 20.

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »

[...]

Remember to lift with your legs!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/11/2017
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »

Went ahead and hit the Holt's 1 day Rocky deal.  looks like some of his better offerings, at least of what I've smoked of his.

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2017, 11:07:59 AM »

Went ahead and hit the Holt's 1 day Rocky deal.  looks like some of his better offerings, at least of what I've smoked of his.
Hard to go wrong for $2 per.