Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2017, 04:43:51 PM »

@ tcarblu - excellent deal on those Laranjas @ $4.35 each delivered.  Cheapest I have ever seen them by a dollar/stick or more.

With OY's code they became a steal with only buying 10!   Good work OY.
Hey guys, good afternoon. Thanks, Tex. Glad some of the BOTL's were able to take advantage, especially with the Oycode. Didn't have it when I placed my order yesterday, but will get 10 more today with code.

Dean and Mayor, sorry to hear about the physical problems, hope you both mend soon.
Afternoon Blu

You made a very good buy even without the code.
True dat, however, worth doubling up at theses prices, don't know when we will see this again, unless we are going down that road that started with Atlantic and the Room 101 deals at what we thought were real good prices, only to have others discount even further, so like you Tex, I just started cost averaging down on every great deal that came along, and now have a stock pile of some great cigars.
Absolutely worth doubling up.  If I did not already have a load of them I would be buying a bunch more.

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »

Friggin Pittsburgh with all the damn turnovers. Good enough to beat Miami but let's see how it goes the rest of the way.
All playoff games this weekend have been pretty shitty.  Whole lot of mediocre teams made it in somehow.
Agree, but Pretty shitty is better than what we would otherwise have to watch.
Just want the games to be competitive.

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2017, 05:05:55 PM »

Finally found the deal on a Connecticut made Winchester Model 70. 7mm WSM.

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »

Finally found the deal on a Connecticut made Winchester Model 70. 7mm WSM.

What, going with that puny 7mm WSM?  Need a 7mm Remington Magnum.

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2017, 07:09:13 PM »

Enjoying an AJF Bellas Artes.  Very tasty.
I have one that needs smoking. Maybe this week. Gonna have to build up to it though. May start with Room 101- The Big Payback or E.P. Carrillo New Wave.

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »

Well at least the Cowboys don't have to face the Giants again this year.

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »

Well at least the Cowboys don't have to face the Giants again this year.
And I don't have to worry about unnecessary traffic.

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2017, 09:30:40 PM »

Holy crap is it cold out! Glad I got the window in my tv room replaced. That one was drafty as an MFer.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2017, 09:54:42 PM »

[...]

Met with a BOTL at a B & M to puff, sip & watch NFL last night.
Since I had not tried the Laranja, I splurged and got one (BP toro Caixa)
for only $12+ (for one!), so now it's a shock to see them so much more affordable.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:00 PM »

[...]

Daves' fault ... for talking them up the last few months.

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2017, 09:58:38 PM »

Finally found the deal on a Connecticut made Winchester Model 70. 7mm WSM.

What, going with that puny 7mm WSM?  Need a 7mm Remington Magnum.
I need a lot of things. More guns. Money. Cigars. Sex. Whiskey. Motorcycles. Not necessarily in that order.

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »

[...]

You can't compare. Buying beer and drinking it at home is a whole lot cheaper too. I don't mind spending $10-12 for a single stick when I visit a b&m. They have to pay rent too.

Howdy,  SLY.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »

woohoo. going to get my abcess lanced. bbl.
I hope you are going to a medical facility.

nope. lady's daughter is a nurse. all the poking she did with a surgical needle in about 15 different place only resulted in blood, no pus. of course she went on to her mom how worried she is that it may be something more serious and that it being on my spine and close to the base of my brain stem, now the lady is scared and worried that I'm going to die before Wednesday. sheesh.
Dean, please keep us posted ... good news or bad. Will pray for you ... remember the Gospel starts with, "Repent ... " then, "... and believe the Good News." This is coming from someone who's not perfect and is daily need of repentance & growth in faith/grace.  If we want something special especially healing, sometimes we need to remove obstacles that may obstruct the flow of God's healing, love and mercy.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2017, 10:20:51 PM »

[...]

No, of course you're right, Tony.  My car broke down on Thursday night. It's in the shop since Friday ($$$$ ... hoping it'll be ready tomorrow, then I can turn in my rental car (more out of pocket expense).  I put a lot of money into it this past year and was thinking it was about set for a couple years (;) Mechanic thinks it's the transmission ... probably over $1,000.  (That's a lot of cigars, Cigarfest, vacation etc.).  I was prepared to pay $10 last night, but in view of what I just wrote, it was a strain.  I just paid a large amount in Annual dues for my K of C club (we have a large old home & it ain't cheap to keep up, so our dues are commensurate.  There i can bring my own cigars & booze (that i've already bought) to our little upstairs cigar lounge w/TV.  But my buddy wanted to go to the B&M (where I used to be a regular customer).  It was nice last night, met a few new and interesting BOTLs.  PS, there was a lot of hunting, gun, & military talk (we're near DC).

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »

[...]

Oh, I hear you on the expenses brother. That's why I hardly go to b&ms myself and make most of my cigar purchases online. Just saying I understand why their prices are higher and I feel they're justified. I'm sorry you're going through all that.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]