CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 08, 2014, 12:42:30 AM

Title: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on July 08, 2014, 12:42:30 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 12:43:36 AM
And here we are!  Thanks, Antnee.  Like I said on the other side, if you want to delegate the flip, I'll gladly do it for you.  Just offerin'.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 12:48:11 AM
And here we are!  Thanks, Antnee.  Like I said on the other side, if you want to delegate the flip, I'll gladly do it for you.  Just offerin'.
Much appreciated, Bret.  And I may take you up on the offer.  It really needs to be automated and the fact that it's a pain in the ass will motivate me to get it done already.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 12:49:20 AM
First day back to work in 2 weeks tomorrow so I'm officially hitting the rack.  G'night.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 12:55:34 AM
First day back to work in 2 weeks tomorrow so I'm officially hitting the rack.  G'night.
Sleep soundly.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:18:14 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:21:14 AM
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:30:13 AM
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:36:11 AM
Today is Tuesday, July 8, the 189th day of 2014. There are 176 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:36:35 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On July 8, 1889, The Wall Street Journal was first published. (Price of a copy: two cents.)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:37:06 AM
On this date:

Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:37:30 AM
In 1663, King Charles II of England granted a Royal Charter to Rhode Island.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:38:08 AM
In 1776, Col. John Nixon gave the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence, outside the State House (now Independence Hall) in Philadelphia.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:38:48 AM
In 1853, an expedition led by Commodore Matthew Perry arrived in Yedo Bay, Japan, on a mission to seek diplomatic and trade relations with the Japanese.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:39:32 AM
In 1907, Florenz Ziegfeld staged his first "Follies," on the roof of the New York Theater.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:40:11 AM
In 1914, jazz singer and bandleader Billy Eckstine was born in Pittsburgh.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:40:37 AM
In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson received a tumultuous welcome in New York City after his return from the Versailles (vehr-SY') Peace Conference in France.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:41:15 AM
In 1947, demolition work began in New York City to make way for the new permanent headquarters of the United Nations.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:41:38 AM
In 1950, President Harry S. Truman named Gen. Douglas MacArthur commander-in-chief of United Nations forces in Korea. (Truman ended up sacking MacArthur for insubordination nine months later.)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:42:05 AM
In 1962, just after midnight local time, Alitalia Flight 771, a DC-8, crashed as it was approaching Bombay (Mumbai), India, killing all 94 people on board.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:42:30 AM
In 1972, the Nixon administration announced a deal to sell $750 million in grain to the Soviet Union. (However, the Soviets were also engaged in secretly buying subsidized American grain, resulting in what critics dubbed "The Great Grain Robbery.")
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:43:01 AM
In 1989, Carlos Saul Menem was inaugurated as president of Argentina in the country's first transfer of power from one democratically elected civilian leader to another in six decades.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:43:23 AM
In 1994, Kim Il Sung, North Korea's communist leader since 1948, died at age 82.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:43:57 AM
Ten years ago: Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and his son Timothy were convicted in New York of looting the cable company and deceiving investors. (John Rigas was sentenced to 12 years in prison; Timothy Rigas, 17.) A Swedish appeals court threw out a life prison sentence for the convicted killer of Foreign Minister Anna Lindh, ruling that Mijailo Mijailovic (mee-EYE'-loh mee-EYE'-luh-vich) should receive treatment for his "significant psychiatric problems." (The Swedish Supreme Court later overturned the ruling and gave Mijailovic life in prison; in a 2011 newspaper interview, Mijailovic said he had faked mental illness during his trial in an attempt to get a less severe sentence.)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:44:21 AM
Five years ago: Group of Eight leaders, including President Barack Obama, pledged to dramatically cut greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 as they met in L'Aquila, Italy. South Korea blamed North Korea for cyberattacks targeting its websites as well as those in the U.S.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:45:06 AM
One year ago: Breaking their public silence, three women who'd been held captive in a Cleveland home for a decade issued a YouTube video; in it, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight thanked the public for the encouragement and financial support allowing them to restart their lives.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:45:35 AM
Today's Birthdays: Singer Steve Lawrence is 79. Actor Jeffrey Tambor is 70. Ballerina Cynthia Gregory is 68. Actress Kim Darby is 67. Children's performer Raffi is 66. Actress Anjelica Huston is 63. Writer Anna Quindlen is 62. Actor Kevin Bacon is 56. Actor Robert Knepper is 55. Rock musician Andy Fletcher (Depeche Mode) is 53. Country singer Toby Keith is 53. Rock musician Graham Jones (Haircut 100) is 53. Rock singer Joan Osborne is 52. Writer-producer Rob Burnett is 52. Actor Rocky Carroll is 51. Actor Corey Parker is 49. Actor Lee Tergesen is 49. Actor Billy Crudup is 46. Actor Michael Weatherly is 46. Singer Beck is 44. Country singer Drew Womack (Sons of the Desert) is 44. Actress Kathleen Robertson is 41. Christian rock musician Stephen Mason (Jars of Clay) is 39. Actor Milo Ventimiglia (MEE'-loh vehn-tih-MEEL'-yuh) is 37. Rock musician Tavis Werts is 37. Singer Ben Jelen (YEL'-in) is 35. Actor Lance Gross is 33. Actress Sophia Bush is 32. Rock musician Jamie Cook (Arctic Monkeys) is 29. Actor Jake McDorman is 28. Actor Jaden Smith is 16.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:46:07 AM
Thought for Today: "For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet and philosopher (1803-1882).

Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 02:47:06 AM
Rules for Bank Robbers
-------------------------

According to the FBI, most modern-day bank robberies are "unsophisticated
and unprofessional crimes," comitted by young male repeat offenders who
apparently don't know the first thing about their business.  This information
was included in an interesting, amusing article titles "How Not to Rob a Bank,"
by Tim Clark, which appeared in the 1987 edition of The Old Farmers Almanac.

Clark reported that in spite of the widespread use of surveillance cameras,
76 percent of bank robbers use no disquise, 86 percent never study the bank
before robbing it, and 95 percent make no long-range plans for concealing the
loot.  Thus, he offered this advice to would-be bank robbers, along with
examples of what can happen if the rules aren't followed:

1. Pick the right bank.  Clark advises that you don't follow the lead of the
fellow in Anaheim, Cal., who tried to hold up a bank that was no longer in
business and had no money.  On the other hand, you don't want to be too
familiar with the bank.  A California robber ran into his mother while making
his getaway.  She turned him in.

2. Approach the right teller.  Granted, Clark says, this is harder to plan.
One teller in Springfield, Mass., followed the holdup man out of the bank and
down the street until she saw him go into a restaurant.  She hailed a passing
police car, and the police picked him up.  Another teller was given a holdup
note by a robber, and her father, who was next in line, wrestled the man to the
ground and sat on him until authorities arrived.

3. Don't sign your demand note.  Demand notes have been written on the back
of a subpoena issued in the name of a bank robber in Pittsburgh, on an envelope
bearing the name and address of another in Detriot, and in East Hartford,
Conn., on the back of a withdrawal slip giving the robber's signature and
account number.

4. Beware of dangerous vegetables.  A man in White Plains, N.Y., tried to
hold up a bank with a zucchini.  The police captured him at his house, where he
showed them his "weapon."

5. Avoid being fussy.  A robber in Panorama City, Cal., gave a teller a note
saying, "I have a gun.  Give me all your twenties in this envelope."  The
teller said, "All I've got is two twenties."  The robber took them and left.

6. Don't advertise.  A holdup man thought that if he smeared mercury ointment
on his face, it would make him invisible to the cameras.  Actually, it
accentuated his features, giving authorities a much clearer picture.  Bank
robbers in Minnesota and California tried to create a diversion by throwing
stolen money out of the windows of their cars.  They succeeded only in drawing
attention to themselves.

7. Take right turns only.  Avoid the sad fate of the thieves in Florida who
took a wrong turn and ended up on the Homestead Air Force Base.  They drove up
to a military police guardhouse and, thinking it was a toolbooth, offered the
security men money.

8. Provide your own transportation.  It is not clever to borrow the teller's
car, which she carefully described to police.  This resulted in the most
quickly solved bank robbery in the history of Pittsfield, Mass.

9. Don't be too sensitive.  In these days of exploding dye packs, stuffing
the cash into your pants can lead to embarrassing stains, Clark points out,
not to mention severe burns in sensitive places--as bandits in San Diego and
Boston painfully discovered.

10. Consider another line of work.  One nervous Newport, R.I., robber, while
trying to stuff his ill-gotten gains into his shirt pocket, shot himself in
the head and died instantly.  Then there was the case of the hopeful criminal
in Swansea, Mass., who, when the teller told him she had no money, fainted.
He was still unconscious when the police arrived.

In view of such ineptitude, it is not surprising that in 1978 and 1979, for
example, federal and state officers made arrests in 69 percent of the bank
holdups reported.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 02:55:03 AM
Good morning, Chip.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 02:58:42 AM
A'ight.  I'm going to bed. G'night Chip.  G'night, Banter.  Catch you in the morning.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 03:04:56 AM
Good morning, Chip.
Good morning/evening Bret.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 03:05:38 AM
A'ight.  I'm going to bed. G'night Chip.  G'night, Banter.  Catch you in the morning.
Sorry I missed ya, I was catching up on last nights banter.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 03:06:13 AM
Time for me to hit the road guys, enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 04:27:33 AM
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 04:39:53 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Short stack on July 08, 2014, 04:54:24 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning hope you are well
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 05:27:54 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning hope you are well
So far so good.  Enjoy your day and smoke one for me!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 05:48:51 AM
6 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 05:53:55 AM
Morning all.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 06:00:09 AM
Morning all.
Good Tuesday Morning LSU, Short Stack and Golfing Dave.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 06:25:57 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.  Hope this Tuesday jam is treating everyone well.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 06:27:51 AM
Good morning Dave, Native and Tony.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 06:34:01 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.  Hope this Tuesday jam is treating everyone well.
Morning Tony.  Usual slow Jam but better than Two-Turd-Tuesday.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 06:35:03 AM
Vacation time is up just a travel day today and air travel is certainly no vacation.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 06:36:07 AM
Good morning Dave, Native and Tony.
Great morning to you, sir.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 06:37:06 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.  Hope this Tuesday jam is treating everyone well.
Morning Tony.  Usual slow Jam but better than Two-Turd-Tuesday.
100% agree.  Good luck getting back into the grind today.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 06:39:32 AM
Look who graces us with his company.....morning Antnee.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 06:39:46 AM
Morning Dave and Chip.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 06:40:57 AM
Morning Dave and ShortStack too!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 06:44:19 AM
Jam is really hopping along this morning!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 08, 2014, 06:45:09 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 06:52:42 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good luck with that!  Have a good one Dean.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 06:58:07 AM
Morning 3d and Travellin Dave.  Good luck with your Nuts Dean
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 06:59:31 AM
Look who graces us with his company.....morning Antnee.
Just so that we're clear...  Not by choice.
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 07:00:56 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 07:12:56 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 07:20:00 AM
 7 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 6 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 07:20:28 AM
Got to head to the airport enjoy the Jam and have a good day everyone.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 07:21:17 AM
 8 Room 101 305 Robusto
         10/34.99
 7 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 6 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 07:26:25 AM
Got to head to the airport enjoy the Jam and have a good day everyone.
Good travels Dave.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 07:33:54 AM
Good morning men, Tuesday jams are trying to derail Grievance Tuesdays, can't have that!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 07:44:51 AM
Good morning men, Tuesday jams are trying to derail Grievance Tuesdays, can't have that!
Well, get cracking fishy.  PM for you also.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 07:49:24 AM
Good morning Dave, Fish, Chip, RF, and anyone else who I missed.  IT'S BITCHIN TUESDAY!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 07:50:04 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 07:50:52 AM
Good morning, Shaun and Scott.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 07:55:12 AM
Good morning men, Tuesday jams are trying to derail Grievance Tuesdays, can't have that!
Well, get cracking fishy.  PM for you also.
Already replied - Bite Me!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 07:55:55 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
Read: He'll be there at 7:15.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 07:56:02 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
I'm picturing a blind man with a bow and arrow from 200 yards out
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 07:58:30 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 08:01:50 AM
Good morning, Shaun and Scott.
Good morning Tony!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 08:02:50 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
Read: He'll be there at 7:15.
But I'm AIMING...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 08:03:54 AM
Good morning, Shaun and Scott.
Morning Tony, Shaun
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 08:09:04 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
Read: He'll be there at 7:15.
I'll count that as a win.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 08:11:12 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 08:11:13 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
Read: He'll be there at 7:15.
I'll count that as a win.
Who wins, really?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 08:11:56 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
Yup, one person I feel totally safe with if he had a gun.
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
I'm picturing a blind man with a bow and arrow from 200 yards out
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 08:13:10 AM
Time to go get the dog for our walk, BBL
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 08:19:27 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
You're lucky.  Dave eliminated the guesswork for you.  I have to come up with something to bring.  If I bring Flip, does that count as bringing an old goat?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 08:21:06 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
I'll check, will bring it if available. Anything else you want to try?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 08:22:13 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
You're lucky.  Dave eliminated the guesswork for you.  I have to come up with something to bring.  If I bring Flip, does that count as bringing an old goat?
Qualifies as a goat and a nag
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 08, 2014, 08:26:55 AM
Good morning losers
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 08:30:55 AM
Good morning losers
Morning Fred, you tick turd
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 08:32:04 AM
Good morning losers
Hey asshole, welcome to bitchin' Tuesday!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 08:35:17 AM
Good morning losers
Howdy, Bob.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 08:56:00 AM
Did anyone else notice that Fuente cigars are no longer offered on CBid?  I won a box of V Meliano #4s and was looking around to add cigars on to my order and didn't see any Fuentes...did they get sick of the $45 Sharks and $65 BBMFs?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 08:57:50 AM
Did anyone else notice that Fuente cigars are no longer offered on CBid?  I won a box of V Meliano #4s and was looking around to add cigars on to my order and didn't see any Fuentes...did they get sick of the $45 Sharks and $65 BBMFs?
No
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 09:12:09 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 09:13:47 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 09:18:19 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 09:20:12 AM
Good morning losers
Morning Hemorrhoid
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 08, 2014, 09:24:15 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
Good cigar, not so good price. I paid $54 elsewhere when they first came out. I'm not going to pay $60 now, when I know they are trying to get rid of them.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 09:25:52 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Did the extra spice hurt your ovaries? ;)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 09:28:43 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Did the extra spice hurt your ovaries? ;)
Ohh man, those is fightin' wordz!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 09:31:29 AM
Good morning to all ! .
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 09:39:26 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Did the extra spice hurt your ovaries? ;)
LMFAO!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 09:42:09 AM
 9 Diesel Hair of the Dog Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Room 101 305 Robusto
         10/34.99
 7 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 6 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 09:44:24 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Did the extra spice hurt your ovaries? ;)
Ohh man, those is fightin' wordz!
It's Tuesday Bitches!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:47:53 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
You're lucky.  Dave eliminated the guesswork for you.  I have to come up with something to bring.  If I bring Flip, does that count as bringing an old goat?
I think that would work
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:48:26 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
I'll check, will bring it if available. Anything else you want to try?
Sure, always open to trying new things.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 09:48:32 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Did the extra spice hurt your ovaries? ;)
Wait, did he actually smoke it through his vajay-jay?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:49:26 AM
Good morning losers
It's fucking summer, we're trying to forget that winter!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 09:50:07 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
I'll check, will bring it if available. Anything else you want to try?
Sure, always open to trying new things.
I'll find some stuff
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:51:13 AM
Good morning losers
Morning Hemorrhoid
Can't you just feel the love... :-*
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 09:51:39 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
I'll check, will bring it if available. Anything else you want to try?
Sure, always open to trying new things.
We'll probably be out of beer by the time Tony arrives, I'll buy a 40oz of Steel Reserve for him
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:52:58 AM
Oliva Serie V Maduro Double Robusto (5"x54) - box of 10 for $59.95 plus free shipping!
Tim Blythe
Sales Manager

Cigar.com
Tel 800.357.9800
Fax 888.792.2442
tblythe@cigar.com
That seems like a pretty good deal.
I didn't like the '13 when it first came out, little too spicy and full bodied for me...but I smoked one last week and it really mellowed out.  The 2nd half still had some good spice, but I have to believe in another 3-4 months it will be smooth all the way through.
IMHO, GFY, etc, etc, etc...
Did the extra spice hurt your ovaries? ;)
Wait, did he actually smoke it through his vajay-jay?
Maybe instead of yellowstar, he should be known as Monica.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:56:04 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
I'll check, will bring it if available. Anything else you want to try?
Sure, always open to trying new things.
We'll probably be out of beer by the time Tony arrives, I'll buy a 40oz of Steel Reserve for him
I think I have enough, but he can always have some of my son's Mike's or a Hala Kahiki pineapple beer.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 09:59:32 AM
good morning guys. just driving by before I try to find my nuts.
Good morning, Deano.  Good luck with your nuts today.  May they treat you well and not swell.
Still good for Thursday Antnee?  What time do you think you'll make it down?
All looks swell for Thursday.  I'm aiming for 5.
So Dave, how would you like to pass the time this go-round until Tony blows into town claiming traffic, GPS screwed him, couldn't find the house, had to service the website blah, blah, blah...
I think we have enough to keep us entertained.  Might you be able to bring a six pack of some Goat?
You're lucky.  Dave eliminated the guesswork for you.  I have to come up with something to bring.  If I bring Flip, does that count as bringing an old goat?
I think that would work
I'm catching up on emails, etc. And it turns out I have a mandatory meeting on Thursday that goes until 4:30.  Therefore, I'm looking at an ETA of 5:45 now and I won't be able to pick up Flip.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:01:32 AM
[...]
Sounds perfect for Tony
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:03:10 AM
[...]
I checked back through my emails and it turns out you're a mess
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 08, 2014, 10:12:22 AM
Good morning losers
Morning Hemorrhoid
Can't you just feel the love... :-*
I'm pissed CBid is still "processing" my weekend order. The motherfuckers took my money fast enough.  The cocksuckers better not ship it sure post after they took $8 for shipping.  Sons of bitches!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:15:31 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:17:26 AM
[...]
It's bad when the rationalizing starts two days in advance.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:18:41 AM
[...]
Exactly Bret, when this was planned 3 weeks ago. Just call him Dan!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:20:43 AM
[...]
Hey! Go easy! He drove a lot this week.

Oh, wait, that was to get back from vacation. To hell with it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:21:26 AM
[...]
At that time you should pick up a pizza
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:22:58 AM
LTG - 24 last night?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 10:23:33 AM
[...]
I have stuff for the grill, that way it's a lot more flexible for late arrivals.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 10:24:42 AM
[...]
Tell them you have a family commitment.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:25:04 AM
Good morning losers
Morning Hemorrhoid
Can't you just feel the love... :-*
I'm pissed CBid is still "processing" my weekend order. The motherfuckers took my money fast enough.  The cocksuckers better not ship it sure post after they took $8 for shipping.  Sons of bitches!
And the Cigar Deals app hasn't worked for a week. Sonsabitches.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 10:32:06 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 10:36:21 AM
LTG - 24 last night?
Very much, yes. Cannot imagine how they're gonna wrap this up in 1 more hour, but it's liable to be pretty epic.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 10:36:47 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Look what the cat drug in...and with Antnee worthy excuses!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 10:37:55 AM
[...]

On all fairness, it was to get to vacation also.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 10:38:42 AM
[...]
Probably two of them if you wanna eat too.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 10:40:22 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 10:42:18 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Great morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 10:42:47 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Good morning Dave ! .
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 10:43:12 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Look what the cat drug in...and with Antnee worthy excuses!
High praise, indeed.  But about had it with rebooting the network.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 10:43:25 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Dusty!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 10:43:56 AM
Good Morning Mouseketeers...!!!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 08, 2014, 10:44:26 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:44:27 AM
LTG - 24 last night?
Very much, yes. Cannot imagine how they're gonna wrap this up in 1 more hour, but it's liable to be pretty epic.
I asked my wife if it said it was a 2 hour finale, looks like a Chinese fire drill next week
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 10:45:12 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
\\\\Morning DD!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 10:45:46 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:45:51 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Not today, amigo. It's Tuesday.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:47:14 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 10:49:05 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
There we go with the advanced math again...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 10:49:43 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Dusty!
Dave!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 10:50:46 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Not today, amigo. It's Tuesday.
It's the thought that counts....right? No? Then GFY .......
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:50:57 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
With a half-French hyphenated name, how could it possibly be good?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 10:51:25 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
Mornin' Joe.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:51:36 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
There we go with the advanced math again...
Fishmatic.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
\\\\Morning DD!
\\\\Howdy Scott!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 10:53:36 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
There we go with the advanced math again...
Advanced English as well.  Now he just needs to come up with a term for the phenomena.  Bitchin' Tuesday doesn't quite cut it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 10:55:03 AM
LTG - 24 last night?
Very much, yes. Cannot imagine how they're gonna wrap this up in 1 more hour, but it's liable to be pretty epic.
I asked my wife if it said it was a 2 hour finale, looks like a Chinese fire drill next week
LALTS, no doubt. Still only supposed to be an hour, so it's gonna be a hell of an hour.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 10:55:51 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 10:56:00 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
With a half-French hyphenated name, how could it possibly be good?

Even the label was ugly, shoulda known.  At least I can say I've tried it.  It was a Dan recommendation.  Happy Tuesday, Bret.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:56:07 AM
Good morning gentlepeople.
Not today, amigo. It's Tuesday.
It's the thought that counts....right? No? Then GFY .......
My thoughts don't count.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 10:56:38 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
Mornin' Joe.

Hey there, Dave.  Hot enough out there for ya?  Been brutal here lately.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 10:57:19 AM
LTG - 24 last night?
Very much, yes. Cannot imagine how they're gonna wrap this up in 1 more hour, but it's liable to be pretty epic.
I asked my wife if it said it was a 2 hour finale, looks like a Chinese fire drill next week
LALTS, no doubt. Still only supposed to be an hour, so it's gonna be a hell of an hour.
So you're saying that fishy's wife is talking out of her ass?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 11:00:30 AM
LTG - 24 last night?
Very much, yes. Cannot imagine how they're gonna wrap this up in 1 more hour, but it's liable to be pretty epic.
I asked my wife if it said it was a 2 hour finale, looks like a Chinese fire drill next week
LALTS, no doubt. Still only supposed to be an hour, so it's gonna be a hell of an hour.
Sure will, lock the doors and put the kids to bed!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 11:00:30 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
Mornin' Joe.

Hey there, Dave.  Hot enough out there for ya?  Been brutal here lately.
Got home yesterday to a balmy 78ş degrees. Outflow from storms to the west cooled things down nicely. Other than that, yes, hot....with showers.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 11:01:29 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
With a half-French hyphenated name, how could it possibly be good?

Even the label was ugly, shoulda known.  At least I can say I've tried it.  It was a Dan recommendation.  Happy Tuesday, Bret.
Right backatcha, Joe.  Your day is half-complete.  Get your AJ shot done and you can coast the rest of the day.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 11:02:13 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
Morning Joe, a shitty recommendation from Dan? Your fault. Try the Grapefruit Slam, it's excellent :-)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 11:04:38 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
With a half-French hyphenated name, how could it possibly be good?

Even the label was ugly, shoulda known.  At least I can say I've tried it.  It was a Dan recommendation.  Happy Tuesday, Bret.
Right backatcha, Joe.  Your day is half-complete.  Get your AJ shot done and you can coast the rest of the day.

Saving that for the next new Diesel release.  Can't wait.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 11:08:04 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
With a half-French hyphenated name, how could it possibly be good?

Even the label was ugly, shoulda known.  At least I can say I've tried it.  It was a Dan recommendation.  Happy Tuesday, Bret.
Right backatcha, Joe.  Your day is half-complete.  Get your AJ shot done and you can coast the rest of the day.

Saving that for the next new Diesel release.  Can't wait.
Info should be released shortly. The anticipation is killing me. ;)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 11:08:35 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 11:08:39 AM
Morning, all.  Had a few beers and cigars with my brother last night, let's grieve.  Stone Enjoy By:  great.  Stone Cali-Belgique:  garbage.
Morning Joe, a shitty recommendation from Dan? Your fault. Try the Grapefruit Slam, it's excellent :-)

Maybe he liked it better warm.  Morning, Scott.  Saw that Stone is releasing a coffee milk stout.  Low ABV (under 5%) which is kinda weird but I'll try it.  Also think it'll be in 6-packs, too.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 11:11:24 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
There we go with the advanced math again...
Advanced English as well.  Now he just needs to come up with a term for the phenomena.  Bitchin' Tuesday doesn't quite cut it.
Gynecomouthia?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 11:11:26 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Let's hope so!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Let's hope so!

It's off to a rough start...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 11:23:59 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Let's hope so!

It's off to a rough start...
No lie...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 11:24:34 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
There we go with the advanced math again...
Advanced English as well.  Now he just needs to come up with a term for the phenomena.  Bitchin' Tuesday doesn't quite cut it.
Gynecomouthia?
Hmmm, sounds like one really bad type of halitosis.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 11:31:53 AM
MFin meetings...SHEESH!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 11:38:18 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Let's hope so!

It's off to a rough start...
No lie...
Indeed.  The Corona email with the VSG deal caught my eye, but pricing was nothing to get worked up about. Might as well support my local B&M at those rates.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 11:40:07 AM
Happy Birthday Bean....
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:45:36 AM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 11:46:16 AM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
FB
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 11:54:07 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Don't you gift yourself every other day of the year?  Time for the warden to step up!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 11:56:06 AM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 11:56:25 AM
GFY, girls. It's that time of the week.
That time of the month!
Our monthly cycle happens four days a month. And they're consecutive, just not adjacent.
There we go with the advanced math again...
Advanced English as well.  Now he just needs to come up with a term for the phenomena.  Bitchin' Tuesday doesn't quite cut it.
Gynecomouthia?
Hmmm, sounds like one really bad type of halitosis.
Little bit of fish breath never hurt anybody.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 11:57:31 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Don't you gift yourself every other day of the year?  Time for the warden to step up!
Her contribution is to look the other way when the motorcycle and cigar goodies appear.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 11:58:29 AM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
Happy Birthday bud!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 11:58:53 AM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Don't you gift yourself every other day of the year?  Time for the warden to step up!
Her contribution is to look the other way when the motorcycle and cigar goodies appear.
Can't be upset about that. Happy bday, Mark.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 12:10:51 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:12:56 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
You really believe that 39 bullshit?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:14:03 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
Lookin' in that rear view mirror again??  Glad you can remember back that far.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 12:14:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
Happy birthday Markie Mark! Tres Frijoles!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 12:15:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
You really believe that 39 bullshit?
Him and Jack Benny, right...?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 12:18:26 PM
Happy Birthday Mark.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:18:35 PM
Morning mofos.  F'n internet access working like schitt here.  F'n Time Warner.
Happy F'n Birthday, Mark! ;D
Thanks Dave.  Maybe the jam will give me an opportunity to gift myself.
Let's hope so!

It's off to a rough start...
No lie...
Indeed.  The Corona email with the VSG deal caught my eye, but pricing was nothing to get worked up about. Might as well support my local B&M at those rates.
Very rarely see any real deal at Corona.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 12:19:28 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
You really believe that 39 bullshit?
I guess I did.  Sheesh on me.  Bean?  You're not a punk kid.  You're just a punk.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 12:20:02 PM
Atlanta Airport is sure a nice place to sit for an hour or so.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:21:11 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Yes it is!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:21:55 PM
Atlanta Airport is sure a nice place to sit for an hour or so.
Once you're in it that is....and unless you have to make a connection at one of the other terminals.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 12:22:53 PM
Had a $10 gift card....grabbed a couple 'V" samplers.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 12:24:18 PM
Atlanta Airport is sure a nice place to sit for an hour or so.
Once you're in it that is....and unless you have to make a connection at one of the other terminals.

In which case it's a nice place to walk for an hour or so.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 12:24:19 PM
I think I'll watch a little tv... Naked and Afraid....
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 12:24:29 PM
Atlanta Airport is sure a nice place to sit for an hour or so.
Once you're in it that is....and unless you have to make a connection at one of the other terminals.
From E to C.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 12:24:38 PM
Atlanta Airport is sure a nice place to sit for an hour or so.
I hate that airport!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 12:24:38 PM
Had a $10 gift card....grabbed a couple 'V" samplers.

You always have $10 gift cards!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 12:25:08 PM
Happy Birthday Mark!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:25:35 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
You really believe that 39 bullshit?
Him and Jack Benny, right...?
Yea, something like that.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 12:25:47 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
You really believe that 39 bullshit?
I guess I did.  Sheesh on me.  Bean?  You're not a punk kid.  You're just a punk.
An old punk at that.  Though as long as CB is around to anchor that end of the curve, I'm forever young.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:27:09 PM
I think I'll watch a little tv... Naked and Afraid....
Hopefully the grandkids aren't there....that will scare them for sure.  But what are you afraid of?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:28:49 PM
Good to see Short Stories up.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 12:30:32 PM
14 Oliva Serie 'V' Sampler 5 ct Box
         1/27.50
13 Liga Privada Undercrown
           5/27.50
12 Rocky Patel Signature
         10/34.99
11 CAO Italia
         10/34.99
10 Tres Reynas
          5/27.50
 9 Diesel Hair of the Dog Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Room 101 305 Robusto
         10/34.99
 7 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 6 Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
 5 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto
          5/22.50
 4 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Ave Maria Immaculata Toro
          5/27.50
 2 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
         10/39.99
          5/24.50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 12:31:43 PM
15 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
         5/20.50
[...]
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 12:32:24 PM
Good to see Short Stories up.

No offense.  Love these, smoke much better than the larger Best Sellers, IMO.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 12:32:58 PM
Good to see Short Stories up.
Dammit, I missed them.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 12:33:14 PM
Gotta go run some lunchtime errands.  BBL.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 12:36:12 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Thanks Antknee and BD.  Yep, outed by facebook I guess. 39 isn't a bad age to be.   ;)
You're just a punk kid.  But happy birthday anyway.

Jayzus.  I turned 39 just after I went to work for the state.  Now I'm 49.
You really believe that 39 bullshit?
Him and Jack Benny, right...?
Mr. Beaner?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 12:37:13 PM
Atlanta Airport is sure a nice place to sit for an hour or so.
I hate that airport!
As do most including me.  They do have a place with the best fried chicken in GA but wrong damn terminal for me today and did not have time dammit.   The only good thing about this place.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:38:55 PM
Updates great as always Chip.  thanks!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 12:43:55 PM
You'll be happy to know that the Dodge Viper is back in production after a two-month hiatus, and the first stores selling pot for recreational use in Washington opened at 8am PST. Happy buying!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 12:49:21 PM
You'll be happy to know that the Dodge Viper is back in production after a two-month hiatus, and the first stores selling pot for recreational use in Washington opened at 8am PST. Happy buying!
Hope someone is happier than I am
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:50:33 PM
Got a profile pic up for you JWacky.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 12:52:30 PM
You'll be happy to know that the Dodge Viper is back in production after a two-month hiatus, and the first stores selling pot for recreational use in Washington opened at 8am PST. Happy buying!
Adds a whole new perspective on the highways and byways of Washington.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 12:52:50 PM
Got a profile pic up for you JWacky.

Nice!  I have that one saved on my desktop, too.  Keep forgetting to switch 'em out since I have them turned off.  Love the old Granger tobacco ads!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 12:54:04 PM
You'll be happy to know that the Dodge Viper is back in production after a two-month hiatus, and the first stores selling pot for recreational use in Washington opened at 8am PST. Happy buying!
Adds a whole new perspective on the highways and byways of Washington.

Bunch of people going 55 mph in their Vipers in the fast lane... nope, the guy with both hands at 10 and 2 driving under the speed limit and rigidly staring straight ahead isn't high at all.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 12:55:34 PM
Cain Daytonas sure clog things up.  I had a #4 over the weekend, always enjoy these in that vitola, but the larger sizes do nothing for me.  Don't even taste like the same cigar.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 12:56:48 PM
Had a $10 gift card....grabbed a couple 'V" samplers.

You always have $10 gift cards!
Cause I buy crappy cigar deals that come with 'incentives'.  :o
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 12:58:12 PM
Cain Daytonas sure clog things up.  I had a #4 over the weekend, always enjoy these in that vitola, but the larger sizes do nothing for me.  Don't even taste like the same cigar.
Agreed...smaller the better with this line
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 12:58:13 PM
I think I'll watch a little tv... Naked and Afraid....
Hopefully the grandkids aren't there....that will scare them for sure.  But what are you afraid of?
Well done Dave, well done.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 12:58:13 PM
Well time to depart but they fucked up the fuel paperwork so we will sit a while
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 12:59:44 PM
Well time to depart but they fucked up the fuel paperwork so we will sit a while
WTF?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 01:02:55 PM
I think I'll watch a little tv... Naked and Afraid....
Hopefully the grandkids aren't there....that will scare them for sure.  But what are you afraid of?
Well done Dave, well done.
Is that the name of the show or you describing yourself.  If the latter we are all scared!!!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 01:03:45 PM
I think I'll watch a little tv... Naked and Afraid....
Hopefully the grandkids aren't there....that will scare them for sure.  But what are you afraid of?
Well done Dave, well done.
Is that the name of the show or you describing yourself.  If the latter we are all scared!!!

From what I know of BD... both.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 01:03:50 PM
Had a $10 gift card....grabbed a couple 'V" samplers.

You always have $10 gift cards!
Cause I buy crappy cigar deals that come with 'incentives'.  :o
And clearly, they're working.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 01:04:09 PM
Happy Birthday Bean....
It's not on the "official" calendar, but I'll bite anyway.  Happy birthday, Mark.
Yes it is!
How did I miss it?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 01:05:30 PM
On the way BBC from home
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: TRO on July 08, 2014, 01:09:49 PM
Happy Birthday Mark!!! and many many more!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 01:22:07 PM
Had a $10 gift card....grabbed a couple 'V" samplers.

You always have $10 gift cards!
Cause I buy crappy cigar deals that come with 'incentives'.  :o
And clearly, they're working.
Clearly....
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 01:41:45 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Light the end furthest from your mouth
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 01:42:51 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 01:44:16 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Light the end furthest from your mouth
Ohh you hush!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 01:44:23 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Actually that's the one cigar I'm most intrigued about right now, has to be great. I'll have to get NJDave to pick a few up by Thursday :-)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 01:44:58 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
Will do...very excited to try it!  I have been doing that too, trying to smoke 1 'new' and 1 'old' from the humi to clean out the singles drawer of odds and ends...it's getting pretty damn low
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 01:46:22 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
I need to restock the Tat PCRs, one of my go-to smokes. Love those and smoking through them fast.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 01:46:49 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
Will do...very excited to try it!  I have been doing that too, trying to smoke 1 'new' and 1 'old' from the humi to clean out the singles drawer of odds and ends...it's getting pretty damn low

I've been trying to give cigars away at the whiskey tastings/herfs... nobody will take the Diesel UCs.  Can't blame 'em.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 01:47:25 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
I need to restock the Tat PCRs, one of my go-to smokes. Love those and smoking through them fast.

That's easy to do!  I really like the Tat Petite Tatuajes, too.  Very quick smoke.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 01:54:22 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
I need to restock the Tat PCRs, one of my go-to smokes. Love those and smoking through them fast.

That's easy to do!  I really like the Tat Petite Tatuajes, too.  Very quick smoke.
They've been out of stock at the ocean lately
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 01:55:45 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 01:58:40 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 01:59:59 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 02:00:52 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff
Alright went through the motions and it works as "economy" shipping at checkout
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 02:01:53 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Yes and no, 10% off the 5/30 pricing so not a great deal
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:02:08 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff
Alright went through the motions and it works as "economy" shipping at checkout

Which is exactly what the banner says it'll do.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 02:02:19 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?

None from me... let us know what you think.  Haven't bought much 'new' lately, been smoking through various odds and ends that've gotten lost/forgotten in the humidor.
Will do...very excited to try it!  I have been doing that too, trying to smoke 1 'new' and 1 'old' from the humi to clean out the singles drawer of odds and ends...it's getting pretty damn low

I've been trying to give cigars away at the whiskey tastings/herfs... nobody will take the Diesel UCs.  Can't blame 'em.
I dont mind em, but they have to be fresh, don't like 'aged' ones
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 02:03:27 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Got some Melanios from the mash and catsrule did not work. Is it Catsrule or Catsrule17?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 02:05:13 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Got some Melanios from the mash and catsrule did not work. Is it Catsrule or Catsrule17?
Minimum $50 purchase, catsrule
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:05:41 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Got some Melanios from the mash and catsrule did not work. Is it Catsrule or Catsrule17?

catsrule ... for purchases over $50.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 02:06:37 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:06:43 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Got some Melanios from the mash and catsrule did not work. Is it Catsrule or Catsrule17?
Minimum $50 purchase, catsrule

I love that CATS group on Facebook - I can list a bunch of shitty cigars for $2-$3 each and they're sold almost instantly.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 02:08:01 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Got some Melanios from the mash and catsrule did not work. Is it Catsrule or Catsrule17?
Minimum $50 purchase, catsrule
Ahh....thats where I fucked up. Oh well, Jason wanted some too so I was able to use JULY40 and got the same discount.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:08:14 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.

LOL, nice way to end that post, trying to cover up some of the complaining!  Crazy when places are that slow to actually process things, though.  Isn't that their business?  When I won that fiver through a Facebook contest from them I also got trash can packaging.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 02:08:43 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
Got some Melanios from the mash and catsrule did not work. Is it Catsrule or Catsrule17?

catsrule ... for purchases over $50.
Thanks Joe and Shaun
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 02:09:58 PM
[...]

Complain and cover my ass.....thats how I roll!  8)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 02:19:21 PM
[...]

Haha! I haven't ever bought anything from them that I can remember...but these shipping talks make me hesitant...but as long as they arrive fine.  I would just prefer that they didn't use my cigars for a kickball beforehand  ;D
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 08, 2014, 02:21:18 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 02:21:44 PM
Hazzuh!
Can you leave if you were never here?
See ya Davey!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 02:26:30 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, Dave!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 02:26:39 PM
Hazzuh!
Can you leave if you were never here?
See ya Davey!
Right? The white shadow
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 02:38:12 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 02:41:29 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, Dave!
Have a good afternoon Dave
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:42:27 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
That's slightly better - $4.75/stick shipped - than I've been getting.  I paid $4.86/stick shipped from CigarFed, and $4.90/stick shipped from CigarBid.

Of course, all of these are better than what I paid for the first one I smoked ($11 at the b&m) or the first five I ordered ($6.26/stick shipped from CAYP).
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 02:47:44 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 02:48:32 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 02:52:54 PM
Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something?

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:53:50 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.

But if you would've tried it and hated it, at least you only would've been out $11.  So there's that.  Also as has been stated in the past, your taxes are fucking crazy.  NRs aren't even $11 at B&Ms here!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:55:00 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 02:56:14 PM
[...]

And also - NR bundles are $112.05 at Famous after the catsrule coupon.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 02:57:07 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.
I'm a My Father slut...and I like Crowned Heads...it sounds like a winner, haha.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 02:57:36 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 02:57:37 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.

But if you would've tried it and hated it, at least you only would've been out $11.  So there's that.  Also as has been stated in the past, your taxes are fucking crazy.  NRs aren't even $11 at B&Ms here!
Indeed. And in this case, since I work for the agency that does all the anti-tobacco campaigns, some of the tax flowed back into my paycheck.  So wasn't complaining about the b&m price - particularly because my eyes were telling me I wasn't going to like them.  So buying one seemed to be a safe gamble.  Good thing I don't often listen to my eyes.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 03:00:23 PM
[...]

But you have to backorder.

Edit:  Or buy two ten-packs and a five-pack.  $117.84 after discount.  Dammit.  I hate you, Joe.  But still in the $4.71/stick range.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 03:01:18 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.
I'm a My Father slut...and I like Crowned Heads...it sounds like a winner, haha.
Sounds like a good, old fashioned double-teaming. Enjoy
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 03:01:47 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.
Now, now Tardy Boy
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:02:05 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.
Hey, there he is!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 03:02:56 PM
[...]

So backorder and smoke something else in the mean time!  Actually didn't even notice that part about it.  What's a few extra bucks over a bundle/box of cigars, anyway?  I'd hit 'em a few times on the Jam/Cigar Monster before biting the bullet with an entire bundle so I'm set for a while on 'em.  Maybe I'll have one tonight.  Seems like some sort of discussion always influences my cigar choice, which is strange considering that this is a cigar forum.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 08, 2014, 03:04:13 PM
Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 03:05:43 PM
Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.

Looks like one of the most uninteresting places in the country:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naco,_Arizona

Later, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:05:44 PM
[...]

I am still hesitant to try one.  They have a similar wrapper in comparisons sake to the LP9 right? (I'm a T52 guy, don't like the 9)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:06:01 PM
Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.
See ya Dave!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 03:06:17 PM
[...]

Revised my earlier post.  $117ish if you buy two ten-packs and a five-pack.  Still, I'm not going to sweat a difference of about 10-15 cents a stick.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 03:06:35 PM
Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.
Nogales?  Remember to brake for illegals.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 03:08:02 PM
OK, there is a Naco. Same advice applies, if not more so.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 03:08:05 PM
[...]

IMHO, a very, very different cigar than the LP9 I had last week.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 03:10:27 PM
Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.

Looks like one of the most uninteresting places in the country:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naco,_Arizona

Later, Dave.
What do you mean, it has the oldest continuously operating golf course in AZ.  That's fuukin' fascinating.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 03:11:49 PM
[...]

I will disagree a little bit, here.  I think there are definite similarities to the LP9.  I think the LP9 is a much better cigar than the NR but it should be considering the price difference.  I think the NR is a true "poor man's" LP9, which is what the Undercrown was pitched as initially.  Not that it's a cheap cigar by any means.

And I would certainly say that the NR is closer to the LP9 than the T52.

IMO, no offense, etc.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 03:11:54 PM
19 CLE Corojo Robusto
          5/22.50
18 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 1959 Robusto
         10/37.50
17 601 La Bomba Warhead Limited Edition Toro
         10/32.50
16 Cain Daytona
         10/37.50
[...]
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:12:28 PM
[...]

Hrmmm...or maybe I will wait until they release different vitolas...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 03:12:32 PM
Gotta drive to Naco....shit. See y'all later.

Looks like one of the most uninteresting places in the country:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naco,_Arizona

Later, Dave.
What do you mean, it has the oldest continuously operating golf course in AZ.  That's fuukin' fascinating.

Cheap summer greens fees, I bet.  Happy Birthday, BTW.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 03:13:17 PM
Sorry for the sketchy recaps today guys but one of the girls working today got a phone call telling her that her mother had passed.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 08, 2014, 03:14:54 PM
Since Mother Nature hates me and rained everywhere around me but at my house it's time to go cut some more %#*^%# ^*}%^*+ grass.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 03:16:02 PM
[...]

You'd know better than I.  I've only had the one LP9, and thought it much subtler, perhaps more refined.  But the NR seems to have some different flavor qualities as well.  I could be wrong.  Like I said, I've only had one LP9.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 03:18:12 PM
[...]

It's all subjective, anyway.  All the more reason for someone to buy a single and try it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:23:34 PM
[...]

Enablers! ;)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:26:37 PM
At least we are taking about cigars today!  So, what beers or spirits have you guys had lately?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 08, 2014, 03:29:10 PM
At least we are taking about cigars today!  So, what beers or spirits have you guys had lately?

Too many spirits to list with the 'tasting'/bottle share over the weekend...

Beer highlights from the past week are Port Brewing "Board Meeting", Stone Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard, and Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 03:40:16 PM
At least we are taking about cigars today!  So, what beers or spirits have you guys had lately?

Too many spirits to list with the 'tasting'/bottle share over the weekend...

Beer highlights from the past week are Port Brewing "Board Meeting", Stone Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard, and Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.
I hope we get that Sculpin in our area.  I will pick some up when I get some Surly...hopefully later this week, just need to trek over to MN.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 04:00:45 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 04:05:21 PM
Looks like it's back now.  Not that it I was going to hit the AB's, but still.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 04:06:33 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 04:21:40 PM
Sorry for the sketchy recaps today guys but one of the girls working today got a phone call telling her that her mother had passed.
That's awful.  Sorry to hear it.  I was just about to complain how much work sucks but I guess things could always be worse.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:24:41 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 04:25:20 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Me too.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 04:25:58 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
Mikey!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: sfish on July 08, 2014, 04:26:26 PM
Horny Goat secured for Dave's, shelf empty but I spotted a case on the rack and some dude got it down. Also asked if I had the SBJ and agreed this is better
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 04:27:38 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 04:28:04 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Thanks dd.  How's things down Houston way?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 04:28:34 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
CB fault ! .
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:29:26 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
Mikey!
Razz!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Thanks dd.  How's things down Houston way?
Hot and ugly , I miss Fredricksburg ,  all is good mark , how about you?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:33:03 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Just like a tooth ache?  Afternoon CG.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 04:33:24 PM
Riot in Brazil tonight...down 5-0 in the first 30min... 4 goals in 5min for Germany
http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html (http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 04:33:59 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Just like a tooth ache?  Afternoon CG.
Nah, like a fat kid loves cake!  How's it goin?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:34:19 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Thanks dd.  How's things down Houston way?
Hot and ugly , I miss Fredricksburg ,  all is good mark , how about you?
Knew this chick once that was hot and ugly - Sweaty Betty.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 04:34:31 PM
Riot in Brazil tonight...down 5-0 in the first 30min... 4 goals in 5min for Germany
http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html (http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html)
that's not good at all .
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 08, 2014, 04:35:58 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Thanks dd.  How's things down Houston way?
Hot and ugly , I miss Fredricksburg ,  all is good mark , how about you?
Knew this chick once that was hot and ugly - Sweaty Betty.
Now that don't sound good at all ! .
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 04:39:17 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Thanks dd.  How's things down Houston way?
Hot and ugly , I miss Fredricksburg ,  all is good mark , how about you?
Knew this chick once that was hot and ugly - Sweaty Betty.
You knew her in the Biblical sense?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 04:40:13 PM
Riot in Brazil tonight...down 5-0 in the first 30min... 4 goals in 5min for Germany
http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html (http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html)
They may have to smuggle the Germans out of the country.  The keeper for Brazil better go with them.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:40:50 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Just like a tooth ache?  Afternoon CG.
Nah, like a fat kid loves cake!  How's it goin?
Nice summer weather.  Gettin some thunderstorms but nothing outta hand.  Haven't had a weather warning/alert in a long time which is fine with me.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:42:58 PM
Anyone else getting an error message on the jam?
Its been happing to me off and on .  happy bday mark ! .
Thanks dd.  How's things down Houston way?
Hot and ugly , I miss Fredricksburg ,  all is good mark , how about you?
Knew this chick once that was hot and ugly - Sweaty Betty.
You knew her in the Biblical sense?
I don't kiss and tell besides that would be TMI for most of the BOTL.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 04:44:13 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Just like a tooth ache?  Afternoon CG.
Nah, like a fat kid loves cake!  How's it goin?
Nice summer weather.  Gettin some thunderstorms but nothing outta hand.  Haven't had a weather warning/alert in a long time which is fine with me.
We have had a lot of rain this year, been dry for a week or so which is a nice change.  Good cigar weather!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 04:47:20 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Just like a tooth ache?  Afternoon CG.
Nah, like a fat kid loves cake!  How's it goin?
Nice summer weather.  Gettin some thunderstorms but nothing outta hand.  Haven't had a weather warning/alert in a long time which is fine with me.
We have had a lot of rain this year, been dry for a week or so which is a nice change.  Good cigar weather!
Indeed!  Nothing like a tasty brew and a cigar while grilling out in this nice weather
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 04:48:35 PM
Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Yes.
I missed you CB :)
Just like a tooth ache?  Afternoon CG.
Nah, like a fat kid loves cake!  How's it goin?
Nice summer weather.  Gettin some thunderstorms but nothing outta hand.  Haven't had a weather warning/alert in a long time which is fine with me.
We have had a lot of rain this year, been dry for a week or so which is a nice change.  Good cigar weather!
Indeed!  Nothing like a tasty brew and a cigar while grilling out in this nice weather
A.MEN!  Lots of grilling so far this year...and it's a hell of a lot nicer than doing it in the rain!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 05:05:11 PM
New Ashton cigar, sounds sexy...HABABANO!

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/17691?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CA_newswatch_070814%20(1) (http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/17691?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CA_newswatch_070814%20(1))
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 05:20:48 PM
Afternoon all, made it home from the vacation.  Plane even got here 10 minutes early.  If you like summer at 96 degrees and sunny it is nice here.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 05:23:39 PM
I'm out for the night, ya'll have a good one!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 08, 2014, 05:26:19 PM
I'm out for the night, ya'll have a good one!
Beer:30 or suicide commute?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 08, 2014, 05:31:09 PM
I'm out for the night, ya'll have a good one!
Beer:30 or suicide commute?
Haha...cigar:30 in 1hr!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2014, 05:34:10 PM
I'm out for the night, ya'll have a good one!
Beer:30 or suicide commute?
Haha...cigar:30 in 1hr!
HC Maduro lit and a Rounder Beer to sip here.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 05:34:50 PM
Slow death by meeting here.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: KC on July 08, 2014, 05:39:25 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 05:46:34 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 05:52:32 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
Good thing we have Uncle Tony to police this place if needed.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 05:53:50 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
Good thing we have Uncle Tony to police this place if needed.
Afternoon Mark.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 06:08:29 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
Good thing we have Uncle Tony to police this place if needed.
Afternoon Mark.
Hey Mr. Reed.  You must really be liking this weather.  Good motorcycle riding weather until about 11 am, then time to retreat into the A/C.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 06:14:40 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
Good thing we have Uncle Tony to police this place if needed.
Afternoon Mark.
Hey Mr. Reed.  You must really be liking this weather.  Good motorcycle riding weather until about 11 am, then time to retreat into the A/C.
Loving it, haven't been out today but the a/c is keeping it nice here.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: KC on July 08, 2014, 06:19:26 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
I think it's just one guy, two names.  It's atsushi/hanshammer/chestercopperpot again.  Same M.O.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 06:21:01 PM
Troll alert next door!  kgone is back again.
KC, looks to be a couple of them.
I think it's just one guy, two names.  It's atsushi/hanshammer/chestercopperpot again.  Same M.O.
Questions and such looked familiar.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: KC on July 08, 2014, 06:28:06 PM
Questions and such looked familiar.-----jr-----Exactly.  Never introduces himself as a long time lurker, first time poster, or anything like that. Acts like he's been here for years.  And in some ways, he has.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2014, 06:28:32 PM
Adios, mofos, time to get some dinner with the warden.  Enjoy the rest of the jam.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 06:31:53 PM
Questions and such looked familiar.-----jr-----Exactly.  Never introduces himself as a long time lurker, first time poster, or anything like that. Acts like he's been here for years.  And in some ways, he has.
Yep, I'm just ignoring him myself.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 06:32:27 PM
Adios, mofos, time to get some dinner with the warden.  Enjoy the rest of the jam.
Later Mark.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 07:03:23 PM
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 08, 2014, 07:22:17 PM
Indeed.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 07:24:55 PM
Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 07:34:01 PM
Sorry guys, I'm dealing with an application for a position closer to home.  Trying to maybe get rid of the commute.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 08, 2014, 07:37:57 PM
Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.

No smokes for me yet.  Doing some random garbage work, making a few shekels.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 07:54:24 PM
Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.

No smokes for me yet.  Doing some random garbage work, making a few shekels.
Smoked a Sencillo Black on the way home.  Wasn't impressed.  Trains have been all screwed up today.  Still enough daylight to give the grass a quick mow.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 08, 2014, 08:00:21 PM
Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.

No smokes for me yet.  Doing some random garbage work, making a few shekels.
Smoked a Sencillo Black on the way home.  Wasn't impressed.  Trains have been all screwed up today.  Still enough daylight to give the grass a quick mow.

Never had the Black.  That was a Nestor P. smoke, right?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:07:04 PM
Indeed.
Evening Will,been dead here for nearly an hour.

No smokes for me yet.  Doing some random garbage work, making a few shekels.
Smoked a Sencillo Black on the way home.  Wasn't impressed.  Trains have been all screwed up today.  Still enough daylight to give the grass a quick mow.

Never had the Black.  That was a Nestor P. smoke, right?
Yes, the Black was Nestor, the Platinum Christian Eiroa. I used to get the Plat very cheap--good cigar. I never had the Black.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:16:39 PM
I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:22:31 PM
http://halfwheel.com/las-calaveras-edicion-limitada-2014-lc550/59398

http://www.crownedheads.com/las-calaveras-edicion-limitada-2014/

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/Crowned-Heads-Las-Calaveras-El-2014.asp
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 08:23:04 PM
I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
Howdy Ken,that a DPG cigar?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:23:53 PM
I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
It is 5x50
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 08:24:32 PM
http://halfwheel.com/las-calaveras-edicion-limitada-2014-lc550/59398

http://www.crownedheads.com/las-calaveras-edicion-limitada-2014/

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/Crowned-Heads-Las-Calaveras-El-2014.asp
Never mind,spoke too fast.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:25:29 PM
I will need to smoke the Las Calaveras, due to me looking at at it and deciding the dreadful price tag that was affixed to the band needed to be removed and completely tore the band off, and I would have forgot what this was if I put it back in the Humi. It looks like a myriad of other robustos with a dark Colorado colored wrapper. I think it is 5.5" I will check. Cigar is clipped, about to fire it up.
Howdy Ken,that a DPG cigar?
Yes. But is a Crowned Heads Cigar. Read:
LAS CALAVERAS EL 2014 Wrapper: Ecuador Habano Oscuro (8th priming) Binder: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua A total of 3,000 boxes (72,000 cigars) of Las Calaveras EL 2014 were produced at the My Father Cigars S.A. factory in Esteli, Nicaragua, under the supervision of Jose “Pepin” Garcia and Jaime Garcia. The Garcia family has garnered a reputation as makers of some of the world’s "best cigars, including Cigar Aficionado magazine’s “Cigar of the Year 2012.” Las Calaveras is packaged in 24-count boxes, each containing 3 rows of 8 cigars. Las Calaveras EL 2014 is available in 3 vitolas.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 08:30:25 PM
[...]
Sounds like a winner.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:35:36 PM
The Concept
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras was inspired by “La Calavera Catrina,” a zinc etching by Mexican printmaker and illustrator, Jose Guadalupe Posada.

The image depicts a female skeleton dressed only in a hat, and has become an icon of the Mexican Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead.  The holiday focuses upon gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember those who have died.

Beginning with the Edicion Limitada 2014, Las Calaveras will be an annual release that is a respectful homage to those who have passed away in the year before, and is intended to be a celebration of their lives and remembrances, rather than a mourning or a symbol of sadness and death.  Each year, we all lose a friend or loved one, or know of someone who has endured that same loss. In today’s fast-paced world, it is all too easy to forget the fragile nature that is life.  Often, in the race to gain material success, we lose sight that our true legacy are the lives we touch and the love we leave behind once we pass on.  It is in this spirit that Las Calaveras pays tribute to those who have touched our lives and shared their love.

With each year’s annual limited release, the blend and presentation of Las Calaveras will be altered.  What will remain the same, however, is the spirit behind the cigar.  We hope that with this annual remembrance, we will choose to celebrate–rather than mourn–the lives of those who have so graciously shared their legacies with us.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:46:09 PM
Well, either i killed it, or it was already dead, and I've been keeping it from passing to the after-life by talking too much(typing)!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 08:49:04 PM
Well, either i killed it, or it was already dead, and I've been keeping it from passing to the after-life by talking too much(typing)!
Ken, it's been like this all day,very strange for a Jam day.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 08:50:55 PM
Well, either i killed it, or it was already dead, and I've been keeping it from passing to the after-life by talking too much(typing)!
Ken, it's been like this all day,very strange for a Jam day.
over at the CI banter??
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 08:54:37 PM
Well, either i killed it, or it was already dead, and I've been keeping it from passing to the after-life by talking too much(typing)!
Ken, it's been like this all day,very strange for a Jam day.
over at the CI banter??
I've been on both today, usual kids were here, had a troll over on the banter but over all been very quiet.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2014, 09:02:04 PM
Riot in Brazil tonight...down 5-0 in the first 30min... 4 goals in 5min for Germany
http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html (http://www.espnfc.com/gamecast/383242/gamecast.html)
They may have to smuggle the Germans out of the country.  The keeper for Brazil better go with them.
Pretty darn close to the truth.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 09:03:49 PM
Las Calaveras: just about an inch in to this fine smoke. It is very good, and when I can get a better explanation, I will write it here and there. It has some tastes similar to the older 601 Green, although milder in a way. Not a pepper bomb by any means. Perfect burn, and draw is excellent. In fact you really don't have to try to get any smoke! No need to double puff this one! The website says blended by Jon Huber(Owner of Crowned Heads), but made at My Father in Esteli. Very good so far. Getting into the second third.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 09:33:49 PM
Las Calaveras: just about an inch in to this fine smoke. It is very good, and when I can get a better explanation, I will write it here and there. It has some tastes similar to the older 601 Green, although milder in a way. Not a pepper bomb by any means. Perfect burn, and draw is excellent. In fact you really don't have to try to get any smoke! No need to double puff this one! The website says blended by Jon Huber(Owner of Crowned Heads), but made at My Father in Esteli. Very good so far. Getting into the second third.
Okay, these are very expensive. I'm about at the halfway point, and now the cigar is really getting good. But, my God they are expensive! More than most My Fathers, and more than Herrera Esteli. And more expensive than Epernays! Hope some deals can be had! It is a good cigar, maybe better than good. I'm not sure if it's $215 a box good. I will smoke a couple more before I make that statement.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Geo on July 08, 2014, 09:53:34 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 09:56:57 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Evening Geo. I like them too, even though I'm not particularly enamored of box-pressed cigars.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 09:58:07 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 09:59:54 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Evening Geo. I like them too, even though I'm not particularly enamored of box-pressed cigars.
Bret,the cigar is so good I tend to forget all about the BP.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Geo on July 08, 2014, 10:00:55 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Evening Geo. I like them too, even though I'm not particularly enamored of box-pressed cigars.
Likewise, Raz…something about a flat cigar doesn't feel right in the hand...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Geo on July 08, 2014, 10:03:16 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 10:05:31 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Both are good choices in my opinion George.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 10:10:33 PM
This is what one reviewer found in the Las Calaveras Cigar: Barnyard, oak, Worcestershire sauce, sunflower seeds, wet leather and saltiness. Creamy potatoes, followed by the meatiness, which is now like a roasted sausage and big acidic leather notes. Gigantic grapefruit and twang note. Crispy note—which I can best describe as chicken skin. Meatiness is still there along with burnt butter, all dominated by the grapefruit note. Red pepper flake. I found a pretty decent maduro cigar with a great draw. I guess I'm not cut out for cigar reviewing!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Geo on July 08, 2014, 10:17:29 PM
This is what one reviewer found in the Las Calaveras Cigar: Barnyard, oak, Worcestershire sauce, sunflower seeds, wet leather and saltiness. Creamy potatoes, followed by the meatiness, which is now like a roasted sausage and big acidic leather notes. Gigantic grapefruit and twang note. Crispy note—which I can best describe as chicken skin. Meatiness is still there along with burnt butter, all dominated by the grapefruit note. Red pepper flake. I found a pretty decent maduro cigar with a great draw. I guess I'm not cut out for cigar reviewing!
Roasted sausage!….sheesh
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Geo on July 08, 2014, 10:22:02 PM
Think I'm gonna stop by next door then call it a night…have a good evening, men
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 10:24:41 PM
Good evening gents...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 10:25:00 PM
Think I'm gonna stop by next door then call it a night…have a good evening, men
G'nite George.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 10:26:25 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Both are good choices in my opinion George.
Is the FDLA the Flor de Las Antillas by My Father...?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 10:29:03 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Both are good choices in my opinion George.
Is the FDLA the Flor de Las Antillas by My Father...?
Yes.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 10:29:15 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 10:34:48 PM
Evening gents, burning an FDLA have discovered I really like this cigar…
Howdy George,very good cigar you will enjoy them.
Howdy Johnny, yeah picked up a fiver on the Mash for 22.50 and let them sit for about a week…very tasty. Tried the La Antiguedad last week and enjoyed, but like FDLA better at this point...
Both are good choices in my opinion George.
Is the FDLA the Flor de Las Antillas by My Father...?
Yes.
Thanks, I have to get my cigar slang down correctly. :)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 10:35:34 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 10:39:21 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 10:42:11 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Glad to hear it... :)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 10:58:52 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 11:02:51 PM
Evening, amigos.  FdlA toro, and bourbon.  Okay, BD.  Pop Quiz.  What am I smoking?
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 11:03:37 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
Tony, I am seeing , but no animation, just xtml.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:03:39 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
Guess I should have worded that differently Tony, you're right, don't sound good at all! lol
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 11:04:30 PM
Evening, amigos.  FdlA toro, and bourbon.  Okay, BD.  Pop Quiz.  What am I smoking?
Ha, Ha! Bret. I know, a cigar!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 11:05:19 PM
Evening, amigos.  FdlA toro, and bourbon.  Okay, BD.  Pop Quiz.  What am I smoking?
Ha, Ha! Bret. I know, a cigar!
oh, BD. Thought you meant anyone.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:05:41 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
Tony, I am seeing , but no animation, just xtml.
Must be a Tapatalk issue.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:07:02 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
Guess I should have worded that differently Tony, you're right, don't sound good at all! lol
Nah Johnny, I'm just being a dick.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:10:50 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
Guess I should have worded that differently Tony, you're right, don't sound good at all! lol
Nah Johnny, I'm just being a dick.
That's a given,but that post was a sucky one for sure.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 11:15:37 PM
Evening, amigos.  FdlA toro, and bourbon.  Okay, BD.  Pop Quiz.  What am I smoking?
Ha, Ha! Bret. I know, a cigar!
Correct!  Give that man a cookie.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:16:59 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:18:55 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 11:19:01 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
LMAO..... Geez, I can't even say hi without causing a problem...
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 11:20:49 PM
Evening, amigos.  FdlA toro, and bourbon.  Okay, BD.  Pop Quiz.  What am I smoking?
Ha, Ha! Bret. I know, a cigar!
Was that the correct answer...??
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:21:28 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:21:52 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
LMAO..... Geez, I can't even say hi without causing a problem...
It's no problem BD,I forgot to check who was lurking and Tony caught me in a Fuck up!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:22:09 PM
Good evening gents...
Howdy BD.
Are you taking good care of Texas for us jr....?
BD, I like to think so,between Me and Mark and Tx Dave we have things pretty well in hand.
Sounds like you're describing a circle jerk to me.
LMAO..... Geez, I can't even say hi without causing a problem...
Fucking troublemaker!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:24:01 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
That would help but I keep an eye on the clock so no real big problem for me.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 11:26:54 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Howdy, Tony! Like you said, we will get there. Relax, and smoke a cigar!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:34:32 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Howdy, Tony! Like you said, we will get there. Relax, and smoke a cigar!
Another one?  In the same week?  LOL!
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:38:10 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Howdy, Tony! Like you said, we will get there. Relax, and smoke a cigar!
Another one?  In the same week?  LOL!
Careful,that may be a shock to your system.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 11:39:36 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Howdy, Tony! Like you said, we will get there. Relax, and smoke a cigar!
Another one?  In the same week?  LOL!
Tony, you are just a busy man! But, I am on my days off. I am on my 3rd. cigar today. I smoke 1-3 on my days off, and NONE when I'm offshore for 14 days! Such is life!(I stole that from Will)
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 08, 2014, 11:45:01 PM
I'm heading for bed... Good night everyone.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 08, 2014, 11:45:55 PM
I'm heading for bed... Good night everyone.
G'night, BD.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 08, 2014, 11:46:56 PM
I'm heading for bed... Good night everyone.
G'nite BD,don't leave in a huff.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:49:53 PM
Speaking of Tapatalk, Johnny...  Have you tried it?  You had asked about a better interface for mobile browser.  It takes some getting used to, but I like it.
Yep Tony, already have it functioning on my phone,works perfect,thanks.
Slowly but surly, we'll get there.  Next, I've got to automate this darn flip.
Howdy, Tony! Like you said, we will get there. Relax, and smoke a cigar!
Another one?  In the same week?  LOL!
Tony, you are just a busy man! But, I am on my days off. I am on my 3rd. cigar today. I smoke 1-3 on my days off, and NONE when I'm offshore for 14 days! Such is life!(I stole that from Will)
I ain't busier than anyone else, I just bitch louder.  Thursday, I plan to smoke at least 4.  I'm gonna be driving to an alternate office and therefore starting early.  Then I'm meeting up with some of our Jersey BOTL for a herf after work.  But that's not typical for me.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2014, 11:50:49 PM
I'm heading for bed... Good night everyone.
Later BD, heading out after the flip myself.  Howdy, Bret.
Title: Re: 7/8/2014
Post by: glassken on July 08, 2014, 11:57:41 PM
[...]
yes, I have heard about that upcoming herf! I would love to join y'all! That would be a hoot! I would probably have to bring a good bit of money, though. For bail. Don't know how NJ would take me. Probably, pretty well.