CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 28, 2021, 12:46:39 AM

Title: 6/28/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on June 28, 2021, 12:46:39 AM
Happy Monday! Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 01:11:42 AM
One more day to get through of this infernal pressure system.  Sometime overnight tomorrow night it's going to collapse, and there will be a 50-degree drop in temperature.  That's what the meteorologists say.  That should be interesting.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 05:36:45 AM
Morning, boyos.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 05:47:14 AM
One more day to get through of this infernal pressure system.  Sometime overnight tomorrow night it's going to collapse, and there will be a 50-degree drop in temperature.  That's what the meteorologists say.  That should be interesting.
That's just crazy. Can't say I've ever experienced anything like it.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 05:47:40 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, LTG
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:21:50 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Lionheart (box-press) toro (5.5"x55) - 10 / $39.99
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:28:47 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $73.00

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $30.50

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $55.00
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:29:13 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:45:51 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:49:47 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:49:55 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 06:53:06 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:54:11 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:54:35 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Morning, Deano. How you feeling?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:58:31 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:59:06 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 07:02:45 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Morning, Deano. How you feeling?
still hobbling around waiting for medical records from NY.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 07:02:56 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 07:04:24 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 07:18:27 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
That's amazing. I guess it's just like riding a bike.

Edit: damn autocorrect
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 07:20:15 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Morning, Deano. How you feeling?
still hobbling around waiting for medical records from NY.
That's strange. Haven't you been in Florida for about 10 years already?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 07:29:31 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Morning, Deano. How you feeling?
still hobbling around waiting for medical records from NY.
That's strange. Haven't you been in Florida for about 10 years already?
my surgeon is concerned about me having a reaction to anaesthesia. apparently back during my 2nd lung surgery in 2003 I had a seizure in the recovery room. it's fucked up. I think he's just covering his ass. there are other anaesthesia they can use.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 07:42:22 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 07:44:12 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 07:45:45 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Morning, Deano. How you feeling?
still hobbling around waiting for medical records from NY.
That's strange. Haven't you been in Florida for about 10 years already?
my surgeon is concerned about me having a reaction to anaesthesia. apparently back during my 2nd lung surgery in 2003 I had a seizure in the recovery room. it's fucked up. I think he's just covering his ass. there are other anaesthesia they can use.
With the number of malpractice suits these days, we shouldn't be surprised.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 07:47:39 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 07:49:22 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
That's amazing. I guess it's just like riding a bike.

Edit: damn autocorrect
I got a new putter since the last round, and it worked like an absolute champ.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 07:50:00 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
My dad is the same way. Even when there are maintenance guys around, he gets all out of sorts.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 07:55:01 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago. 😂
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 07:57:19 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
That's amazing. I guess it's just like riding a bike.

Edit: damn autocorrect
I got a new putter since the last round, and it worked like an absolute champ.
what did you get? I have 4 expensive putters but always end up using my $25 MG Golf blade I bought years ago before they went out of business.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 08:04:05 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago.
Congrats to the young couple! I hope you are very happy.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 08:20:48 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago.
Congrats to the young couple! I hope you are very happy.
co-habitating isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 08:27:16 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
That's amazing. I guess it's just like riding a bike.

Edit: damn autocorrect
I got a new putter since the last round, and it worked like an absolute champ.
what did you get? I have 4 expensive putters but always end up using my $25 MG Golf blade I bought years ago before they went out of business.
https://www.golfgalaxy.com/p/odyssey-white-hot-rx-5-black-putter-2020-20odym2020whthtrxptrc/20odym2020whthtrxptrc

I've been using an old el cheapo myself for the last year or so (not counting the lost year). I had another Odyssey back in the day, but I really like the straight shaft models. (TWSS) The el cheapo was the same style, but it was too light. This one has a bit more heft (sheesh, TWSS again), which makes it easier to keep on line while I putt.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 08:27:40 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago.
Congrats to the young couple! I hope you are very happy.
co-habitating isn't all it's cracked up to be.
We thought for sure you'd remember that after you left NY.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 08:38:26 AM
[...]

I have the Odyssey White Hot #7 that looks like vampire teeth and the old Two Ball, an old old MacGregor with original leather grip, and TaylorMade Monte Carlo.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 08:39:49 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago.
Congrats to the young couple! I hope you are very happy.
co-habitating isn't all it's cracked up to be.
We thought for sure you'd remember that after you left NY.
I'm old and forgetful. she's welcome to leave anytime she wants.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 09:16:12 AM
[...]

Those putters that look like vampire teeth are something else. I think that would distract the hell out of me. But then again, I've never been a very good putter. Lol
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 09:24:18 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
Did you go out with your old man again? Does Nate ever golf with you?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 09:25:52 AM
[...]

I liked it because when you set it down to address the ball it squared itself on the green. it's very light and only good on quick greens (my opinion), but the 'teeth' work great picking up the ball. 😅
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 09:33:44 AM
[...]

Yeah, my new one is dipped in the back, which is good for scooping. Great feature to have. :D
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 09:35:18 AM
@LuvTooGolf, was there golf on Friday?
Yes sir, there was.
This was the view from the first tee.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210628/892afb3de2ea820c76526047eec68913.jpg)
Pretty enough. How did you do?
Relatively well. 82 on a par 71.
Did you go out with your old man again? Does Nate ever golf with you?
Went with the old man. Nate isn't a huge fan of getting up early for golf. In fact, we're doing a round of midnight golf sometime in July. Holes and flags lit up with glowsticks, golf balls that light up, great fun.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 09:48:48 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 09:49:25 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Not that the new ones are anything worth waiting for.   :-\
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 09:50:33 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Good morning, ClemsonDave. We tried our best on this non-jam Monday.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 09:52:25 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Not that the new ones are anything worth waiting for.   :-
Oof! No joke...
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 09:54:36 AM
Morning PloddingAlongTony, GolfinDave, MeltingRaz and GoodToSeeYouDean.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 09:57:51 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago.
Congrats to the young couple! I hope you are very happy.
co-habitating isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Not when you're used to being on your own.
Better than married however...
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
good morning Dave, Brett, and Tony.
Good morning, Dean. Any golfing by you?

hacked my way through 18 holes yesterday in 93° weather like an old crippled man. we had the course to ourselves. never saw another soul.
That's my favorite kind of golfing. I'm not good regardless but when it's crowded and I feel rushed, I'm even worse.
it gets frustrating. having no achilles tendon and constant pain tends to take the fun out of it.
It's good to keep active. Speaking of which, are you still dating the widow? I'm pretty sure that's where we left off.
dating? ha.
she moved in a few months ago.
Congrats to the young couple! I hope you are very happy.
co-habitating isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Not when you're used to being on your own.
Better than married however...
indeed.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:13:10 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Good morning, ClemsonDave. We tried our best on this non-jam Monday.
Page 4 before 10.  Deano has really put a charge in the banter!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:17:29 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Not that the new ones are anything worth waiting for.   :-
Oof! No joke...
Just for the sake of PWing, new Sis deals are as follows:

Black Ops Berserker Toro
(6.0"x50)Pack of 10
$27.50
MSRP : $136.50 | 80% OFF

5 Vegas Triple-A Box-Press (Robusto)
(5.5"x55)Pack of 10
$34.99
MSRP : $80.00 | 56% OFF

La Perla Habana WIDE Torpe
Nicaragua
More Details
GREAT CIGARS AT A GREAT PRICE!do
(5.5"x62)Pack of 10
$39.99
MSRP : $106.00 | 62% OFF
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:18:52 AM
And CI having a Summer Kickoff Mega-Flash sale which looks like a collection of Tuesday deals...

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/shop/summer-kickoff-mega-flash-sale-21/2039680/
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:22:12 AM
Today is Monday, June 28, the 179th day of 2021.
There are 186 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlights in History:

On June 28, 1940, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Alien Registration Act, also known as the Smith Act, which required adult foreigners residing in the U.S. to be registered and fingerprinted.

On this date:

In 1838, Britain’s Queen Victoria was crowned in Westminster Abbey.

In 1863, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln appointed Maj. Gen. George G. Meade the new commander of the Army of the Potomac, following the resignation of Maj. Gen. Joseph Hooker.

In 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife, Sophie, were shot to death in Sarajevo (sah-ruh-YAY’-voh) by Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip (gavh-REE’-loh PREEN’-seep) — an act which sparked World War I.

In 1919, the Treaty of Versailles (vehr-SY’) was signed in France, ending the First World War.

In 1950, North Korean forces captured Seoul (sohl), the capital of South Korea.

In 1951, a TV version of the radio comedy program “Amos ‘N’ Andy” premiered on CBS. (It was the first network TV series to feature an all-Black cast, but came under criticism for racial stereotyping.)

In 1964, civil rights activist Malcolm X declared, “We want equality by any means necessary” during the Founding Rally of the Organization of Afro-American Unity in New York.

In 1978, the Supreme Court ordered the University of California-Davis Medical School to admit Allan Bakke (BAH’-kee), a white man who argued he’d been a victim of reverse racial discrimination.

In 2000, seven months after he was cast adrift in the Florida Straits, Elian Gonzalez was returned to his native Cuba.

In 2010, Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., the longest-serving senator in the nation’s history, died in Falls Church, Virginia, at 92. The Supreme Court ruled, 5-4, that Americans had the right to own a gun for self-defense anywhere they lived.

In 2013, tens of thousands of supporters and opponents of Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi rallied in Cairo, and both sides fought each other in the country’s second-largest city of Alexandria, where two people — including an American — were killed and scores injured. The four plaintiffs in the U.S. Supreme Court case that overturned California’s same-sex marriage ban tied the knot, just hours after a federal appeals court freed gay couples to obtain marriage licenses in the state for the first time in 4 1/2 years.

In 2019, avowed white supremacist James Alex Fields, who deliberately drove his car into a crowd of counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing a young woman and injuring dozens, apologized to his victims before being sentenced to life in prison on federal hate crime charges.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 10:23:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:23:30 AM
Ten years ago: Taliban fighters raided an international hotel in Kabul and killed 10 people on the eve of a conference to discuss plans for Afghan forces to take over security when international troops left by the end of 2014.

Five years ago: House Republicans concluded their $7 million, two-year investigation into the deadly attacks in Benghazi, Libya, with fresh accusations of lethal mistakes by the Obama administration but no “smoking gun” pointing to wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton, who said the report “found nothing, nothing to contradict” the findings of earlier investigations. Three suicide bombers armed with assault rifles stormed Istanbul’s Ataturk airport, killing 44 victims and wounding nearly 150; no one claimed responsibility, but Turkish officials said they suspected the Islamic State group. Death claimed Pat Summitt, the most successful coach in major college basketball history, at age 64; former pro football coach Buddy Ryan at age 85; and pioneering rock guitarist Scotty Moore at age 84.

One year ago: A St. Louis couple, Mark and Patricia McCloskey, waved guns at protesters who marched on their private street amid the national racial injustice demonstrations. (The McCloskeys, who were initially indicted on felony charges including unlawful use of a weapon, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges and agreed to give up the weapons they used during the confrontation.) President Donald Trump tweeted approvingly of a video showing one of his supporters chanting “white power,” a racist slogan associated with white supremacists. (Trump later deleted the tweet, and the White House said he had not heard “the one statement” on the video.) Trump denied that he’d been made aware of the conclusions of U.S. intelligence officials that Russia had offered bounties to militants for killing U.S. troops in Afghanistan. The world surpassed two coronavirus milestones – 500,000 confirmed deaths, 10 million confirmed cases, while also hitting another high mark for daily new infections. California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered bars that had opened in seven counties to immediately close, and urged bars in eight other counties to do the same, amid the rapid spread of the coronavirus in parts of the state.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:25:49 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good day HunkeredDownInTheACRaz.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:27:02 AM
Global Warming....time to pass up the next guitar and get some AC for the house.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:29:21 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Comedian-movie director Mel Brooks is 95.
Former Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., is 87.
Comedian-impressionist John Byner is 84.
Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is 83.
Rock musician Dave Knights (Procul Harum) is 76.
Actor Bruce Davison is 75.
Actor Kathy Bates is 73.
Actor Alice Krige is 67.
College and Pro Football Hall of Famer John Elway is 61.
Jazz singer Tierney Sutton is 58.
Actor Jessica Hecht is 56.
Rock musician Saul Davies (James) is 56.
Actor Mary Stuart Masterson is 55.
Actor John Cusack is 55.
Actor Gil Bellows is 54.
Actor-singer Danielle Brisebois is 52.
Jazz musician Jimmy Sommers is 52.
Actor Tichina Arnold is 52.
Actor Steve Burton is 51.
Entrepreneur Elon Musk is 50.
Actor Alessandro Nivola (nih-VOH’-luh) is 49.
Actor Camille Guaty is 45.
Rock musician Tim Nordwind (OK Go) is 45.
Rock musician Mark Stoermer (The Killers) is 44.
Country singer Big Vinny Hickerson (Trailer Choir) is 38.
Country singer Kellie Pickler is 35.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 10:30:29 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, SittinOnAnIceBlockRaz.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 10:32:53 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good day HunkeredDownInTheACRaz.
Morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 10:33:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, SittinOnAnIceBlockRaz.
Morning, Golfin' Dave.

Not much ice to be had out here.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:36:25 AM
Holt's Stars and Stripes Super Sale

https://www.holts.com/
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:37:47 AM
Summer liquidation at Cigar King.

https://www.cigarking.com/?utm_source=Cigar+King&utm_campaign=4fb7daa616-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_06_COPY_1239&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_32c136a61b-4fb7daa616-259976701&mc_cid=4fb7daa616&mc_eid=4dde6845d1
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 10:40:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 10:51:46 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Good morning, ClemsonDave. We tried our best on this non-jam Monday.
Page 4 before 10.  Deano has really put a charge in the banter!
positive or negative?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 10:58:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 11:01:27 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
It definitely sounds like something. Not something I'd like to experience, though. We get enough rapid temp changes here on the lake, but not sure we've ever gotten a 50 degree change so quickly.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 11:12:32 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
the 16 year old Greta Thonberg was right! Holy shit.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 11:15:23 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Good morning, ClemsonDave. We tried our best on this non-jam Monday.
Page 4 before 10.  Deano has really put a charge in the banter!
positive or negative?
With you Dean, always positive!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 11:17:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Heat domes, polar vortexes...sheesh!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 11:19:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Is seems you had more snow than usual this past winter.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 11:21:27 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
the 16 year old Greta Thonberg was right! Holy shit.
Yeah...not.  I'm really getting tired of hearing that out here.  I'm not a climate-change denier.  But this is a natural, if exceedingly rare, circumstance.

It is, however, a taste of what climate-change could lead to.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 11:37:04 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
the 16 year old Greta Thonberg was right! Holy shit.
Yeah...not.  I'm really getting tired of hearing that out here.  I'm not a climate-change denier.  But this is a natural, if exceedingly rare, circumstance.

It is, however, a taste of what climate-change could lead to.
trust me, I agree. although we (man) do tend to contribute to alot of issues, I believe it's just Mother Nature's natural sequences.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 11:37:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Is seems you had more snow than usual this past winter.
Yup.  Most of it was in the highlands, but yeah.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 11:52:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Feels like you should challenge yourself to smoke a cigar somewhere in between.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 11:54:51 AM
[...]

A lot more so than people seem to want to think, yes.  There has been an unmistakably enormous spike in the levels of atmospheric carbon since the dawn of the industrial revolution.  That's true, we can see it in the soil cores, and it's not a good thing.  There has not, however, been a demonstrably correlative increase in temperatures.  We've had these kinds of temperature increases without human interference and that also can be seen in the soil cores.  So while it's true that pumping carbon into the atmosphere at a fantastic rate is not good for the planet or its inhabitants, it is far from established that humans are the cause of the current temperature levels.  We could be, and Occam's Razor would suggest we are contributing, but it just isn't established that the temperature increases are not on a cyclic upswing.  The sheer tonnage of what we do not understand about our own planet, let alone the cosmos, is enough to create a supermassive black hole.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 11:55:00 AM
It's stifling here now at a RealFeel of 96°. I can only imagine.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 11:57:28 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Feels like you should challenge yourself to smoke a cigar somewhere in between.
Well, it'll be a rapid drop, but will probably be over the course of a coupla-three cigars.  Which wouldn't be bad either, if I took tomorrow off work...
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 12:01:25 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Feels like you should challenge yourself to smoke a cigar somewhere in between.
Well, it'll be a rapid drop, but will probably be over the course of a coupla-three cigars.  Which wouldn't be bad either, if I took tomorrow off work...
Sounds like a plan is percolating.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 12:02:42 PM
It's stifling here now at a RealFeel of 96°. I can only imagine.
about what I have here.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 12:05:27 PM
lunch!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 12:07:06 PM
lunch!
Well...smoke it, don't eat it.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 12:07:37 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Feels like you should challenge yourself to smoke a cigar somewhere in between.
Well, it'll be a rapid drop, but will probably be over the course of a coupla-three cigars.  Which wouldn't be bad either, if I took tomorrow off work...
Sounds like a plan is percolating.
Always.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 12:42:48 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
the 16 year old Greta Thonberg was right! Holy shit.
Yeah...not.  I'm really getting tired of hearing that out here.  I'm not a climate-change denier.  But this is a natural, if exceedingly rare, circumstance.

It is, however, a taste of what climate-change could lead to.
Agree fully.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 12:44:04 PM
lunch!
Fine Parrothead partaking!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 12:45:19 PM
lunch!
Fine Parrothead partaking!
Which reminds me, time for me to make some selections.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 12:49:32 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive.

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
Feels like you should challenge yourself to smoke a cigar somewhere in between.
Well, it'll be a rapid drop, but will probably be over the course of a coupla-three cigars.  Which wouldn't be bad either, if I took tomorrow off work...
Sounds like a plan is percolating.
Yea, he's a regular Mr. Coffee!
[drip system, not percolation....I know...sheesh]
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 01:04:53 PM
It's stifling here now at a RealFeel of 96°. I can only imagine.
about what I have here.
Supposed to be 111 here today.  It's 90 now, at 10am.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 01:05:07 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 01:05:49 PM
[...]

The coffee can't tell the difference.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 01:07:41 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 01:08:13 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
Fine selections for both of you.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 01:15:17 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
Fine selections for both of you.
Completely agree.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 01:16:40 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
Literally cooking.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2021, 01:31:16 PM
lunch!
It's nice eto see you enjoy a cigar. Did you quit for a while Dean
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 01:34:21 PM
Good afternoon, Rick. Nice to see you on here again so soon.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 01:35:29 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
Literally cooking.
Specifically, braising.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 02:01:09 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
I'm happy with my balmy 89.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 02:04:49 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
I'm happy with my balmy 89.
88 feels like 100 here right now. Hadn't even realized, since I haven't been outside since early this morning. Not gonna complain though, when people are literally cooking elsewhere. I'll leave that to the wife, who will complain as soon as she steps outside and probably until about halfway to the grocery store. :D
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 02:05:38 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
Literally cooking.
Specifically, braising.
speaking of which, I have a pot roast simmering on the stove since 11am. will be adding potatoes and carrots around 5pm, eating around 6pm.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 02:06:57 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
Literally cooking.
Specifically, braising.
speaking of which, I have a pot roast simmering on the stove since 11am. will be adding potatoes and carrots around 5pm, eating around 6pm.
Damn.  Now I'm hongry.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 02:06:57 PM
Just finished up the Olympic qualifiers for track and field in usually cool Oregon...moved afternoon activities to the night to avoid the 110 degree temps, 150 on the track.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 02:08:19 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
Literally cooking.
Specifically, braising.
speaking of which, I have a pot roast simmering on the stove since 11am. will be adding potatoes and carrots around 5pm, eating around 6pm.
Sounds perfect.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 02:08:39 PM
lunch!
It's nice eto see you enjoy a cigar. Did you quit for a while Dean
Hey Rick, glad to have you drop in!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 02:09:18 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
I'm happy with my balmy 89.
88 feels like 100 here right now. Hadn't even realized, since I haven't been outside since early this morning. Not gonna complain though, when people are literally cooking elsewhere. I'll leave that to the wife, who will complain as soon as she steps outside and probably until about halfway to the grocery store. :D
I have the hot tub set at 90° in the garage and a little doggie pool on the back patio. plenty of ways to stay cool here, thermostat set at 78°.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 02:09:43 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
I'm happy with my balmy 89.
88 feels like 100 here right now. Hadn't even realized, since I haven't been outside since early this morning. Not gonna complain though, when people are literally cooking elsewhere. I'll leave that to the wife, who will complain as soon as she steps outside and probably until about halfway to the grocery store. :D
Hope she's not picking up ice cream.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 02:10:53 PM
Hope Mr. Oy drops in for a page 8 day.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 02:11:42 PM
lunch!
It's nice eto see you enjoy a cigar. Did you quit for a while Dean
gave up cigars and cigarettes for quite awhile when I was in the hospital in November. when the cancelled my surgery last month I said "fuck it!"
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 02:12:03 PM
Just finished up the Olympic qualifiers for track and field in usually cool Oregon...moved afternoon activities to the night to avoid the 110 degree temps, 150 on the track.
Worse than Death Valley.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 02:12:36 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
I'm happy with my balmy 89.
88 feels like 100 here right now. Hadn't even realized, since I haven't been outside since early this morning. Not gonna complain though, when people are literally cooking elsewhere. I'll leave that to the wife, who will complain as soon as she steps outside and probably until about halfway to the grocery store. :D
I have the hot tub set at 90° in the garage and a little doggie pool on the back patio. plenty of ways to stay cool here, thermostat set at 78°.
I think you can just call it a tub at that temp.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 02:13:17 PM
Just to prove someone always has it worse:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hotter-human-body-handle-pakistan-095120213.html

Also, 126?! Fook!
I'm happy with my balmy 89.
88 feels like 100 here right now. Hadn't even realized, since I haven't been outside since early this morning. Not gonna complain though, when people are literally cooking elsewhere. I'll leave that to the wife, who will complain as soon as she steps outside and probably until about halfway to the grocery store. :D
Hope she's not picking up ice cream.
Let's face it, all the frozen stuff will be in danger at these temps.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 02:17:58 PM
Speaking of grocery shopping, just about time to brave the heat and the people at Walmart. I know which one is worse. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 02:19:28 PM
Speaking of grocery shopping, just about time to brave the heat and the people at Walmart. I know which one is worse. Hazzuh!
Later, Dave. Stay cool.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 02:20:39 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
on to #2.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 02:38:59 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
on to #2.
Do you have a fan on that porch?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 03:17:27 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 03:48:12 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
on to #2.
Do you have a fan on that porch?
Two
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 03:48:43 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
You give up too easily.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 03:49:30 PM
Think I'll join Dean.
on to #2.
Do you have a fan on that porch?
Two
That's perfection. Does it keep the mosquitoes away?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 03:58:51 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 04:33:28 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
You give up too easily.
Seriously.  LTG Huzzahs during one of my daily meetings, then I take lunch, then I'm back.  Of course, usually everybody starts to disappear then.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 04:33:54 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 04:44:21 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
You give up too easily.
Seriously.  LTG Huzzahs during one of my daily meetings, then I take lunch, then I'm back.  Of course, usually everybody starts to disappear then.
Exactly. I still have a bit to complete but I've officially logged off for now.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 04:44:55 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 04:47:38 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2021, 04:56:53 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
making bread is a PITA. better off buying it.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 04:58:54 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
making bread is a PITA. better off buying it.
Couldn't agree more. Especially since there is an abundance of good bread in the area.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 05:06:04 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
You're trying to make the rest of look bad, aren't you?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 05:48:35 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 05:56:05 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
I did. But in the end, it didn't really matter in the overall outcome. Switzerland/France was arguably a more thrilling game. The reigning champs lost in penalty kicks.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 05:57:29 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
It was the ninth own goal in the tournament. I believe equal to the number of own goals in the history of the tournament. WTF?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 05:59:14 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
It was the ninth own goal in the tournament. I believe equal to the number of own goals in the history of the tournament. WTF?
Really sloppy play at times, not sure what the cause is.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 05:59:51 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
I did. But in the end, it didn't really matter in the overall outcome. Switzerland/France was arguably a more thrilling game. The reigning champs lost in penalty kicks.
Xhaka is a stud, sucks that Arsenal will be losing him this summer.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:07:35 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
It was the ninth own goal in the tournament. I believe equal to the number of own goals in the history of the tournament. WTF?
Really sloppy play at times, not sure what the cause is.
Might be a simple case of the guys not regularly playing together as a team, but some of these have just been bad.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:11:34 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
It was the ninth own goal in the tournament. I believe equal to the number of own goals in the history of the tournament. WTF?
Really sloppy play at times, not sure what the cause is.
Might be a simple case of the guys not regularly playing together as a team, but some of these have just been bad.
But that's always been the case, no?
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:12:55 PM
It appears LTG took the banter with him. Oh well, it was a good run.
I'm busy cooking.
Watching the roast cook?
crusty Italian bread. homemade.
Making bread now too?

I'm gonna have to figure out what's for dinner myself. I want to sit in front of the TV a bit and watch a little European Cup. Then I'll go check to see if I have anything I can throw on the grill.
You see that own goal for Spain? Oof.
It was the ninth own goal in the tournament. I believe equal to the number of own goals in the history of the tournament. WTF?
Really sloppy play at times, not sure what the cause is.
Might be a simple case of the guys not regularly playing together as a team, but some of these have just been bad.
But that's always been the case, no?
Definitely, which is what makes it so perplexing.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:16:54 PM
Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:19:08 PM
Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
A gesture I'm sure they would've appreciated.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 06:44:00 PM
Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
A gesture I'm sure they would've appreciated.
Pops would have. Mom would tell me to put that damn thing out because it stinks.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 06:50:17 PM
Today would have been my parents' 63rd wedding anniversary. If it cools down a bit I'll be out there smoking one for them.
A gesture I'm sure they would've appreciated.
Pops would have. Mom would tell me to put that damn thing out because it stinks.
CNS, sounds about right.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 07:10:08 PM
106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2021, 07:22:59 PM
106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
On the news here they were saying how many folks in the northwest don't own a/c. I thought it was just you. I can't even fathom that.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 07:30:32 PM
106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
On the news here they were saying how many folks in the northwest don't own a/c. I thought it was just you. I can't even fathom that.
I can't imagine surviving without it, and I enjoy the heat.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 08:21:57 PM
106 here, as we approach the hottest part of the day.  Fortunately, the design of my tri-level house keeps the family room cooler than the rest of the house, and I've been running two fans in here since last night, so it's fairly tolerable.  But I am really ready for this thing to end.  As a friend of mine put it, "It's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell..."
On the news here they were saying how many folks in the northwest don't own a/c. I thought it was just you. I can't even fathom that.
There's usually only about 15-20 days per year out here that AC is warranted, let alone needed.  This particular set of circumstances happens about every thousand years.  Even so, it's been maybe a week since I last used the gas fireplace in the family room to bring the temperature up to 70, and if the forecast is correct, I'm probably going to be doing that again tomorrow morning.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 08:24:52 PM
108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 08:46:07 PM
108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
108, god damn.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 08:58:00 PM
108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
108, god damn.
Back to 106 now.  On the downside.

I lived in Tucson for 25 years.  112 there is far more tolerable than 108 here.  The humidity here and the latitude conspire to make the experience of heat a whole different ballgame.  We're considerably farther north than y'all.  ;-)  Hell, at 47 degrees north, we're north of most of the population of Canada.  The geometry makes for more intense experience of the sun.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 09:02:01 PM
My order of vacuum tubes arrived today.  Put new preamp tubes in the power amp, and it works flawlessly.  That means I got this amp (bottom unit in the picture) which is worth $500 minimum in the cosmetic condition it's in and maybe $600-$700 on a good day, for the $45 that three ECC83S tubes cost.  Gotta love that.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 09:38:35 PM
Cigar for Tony.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: razgueado on June 28, 2021, 09:41:58 PM
Vietnamese takeout for dinner.  None of us is in the mood to cook.  And believe it or not, little ol' out-in-the-sticks Enumclaw, which is in the heart of the only legislative district in Western WA that Trump can claim as his own, has a great little Vietnamese place owned by the loveliest people, God bless 'em.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 28, 2021, 10:01:49 PM
108 outside now.  Currently in my family room it's about 80.  So while it's warm, it isn't exactly unbearable.
108, god damn.
Back to 106 now.  On the downside.

I lived in Tucson for 25 years.  112 there is far more tolerable than 108 here.  The humidity here and the latitude conspire to make the experience of heat a whole different ballgame.  We're considerably farther north than y'all.  ;-)  Hell, at 47 degrees north, we're north of most of the population of Canada.  The geometry makes for more intense experience of the sun.
No arguments here. I've was in Phoenix multiple times when my sister lived out there. The day she got married, it was in the high 90s and I was driving around with the windows down.  It was glorious. No comparison to summer here with the humidity on high.
Title: Re: 6/28/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2021, 10:44:56 PM
Cigar for Tony.
Another AJ