CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 27, 2017, 12:00:08 AM

Title: 1/27/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on January 27, 2017, 12:00:08 AM
Happy Friday!  Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about?  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 05:18:51 AM
Crickets today!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 05:23:47 AM
Today is Friday, Jan. 27, the 27th day of 2017. There are 338 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:

On Jan. 27, 1967, astronauts Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom, Edward H. White and Roger B. Chaffee died in a flash fire during a test aboard their Apollo spacecraft. More than 60 nations signed a treaty banning the deploying of nuclear weapons in outer space.

On this date:

In 1756, composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born in Salzburg, Austria.

In 1880, Thomas Edison received a patent for his electric incandescent lamp.

In 1901, opera composer Giuseppe Verdi died in Milan, Italy, at age 87.

In 1913, the musical play "The Isle O' Dreams," featuring the song "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" by Ernest R. Ball, Chauncey Olcott and George Graff Jr., opened in New York.

In 1944, during World War II, the Soviet Union announced the complete end of the deadly German siege of Leningrad, which had lasted for more than two years.

In 1945, during World War II, Soviet troops liberated the Nazi concentration camps Auschwitz and Birkenau in Poland.

In 1951, an era of atomic testing in the Nevada desert began as an Air Force plane dropped a one-kiloton bomb on Frenchman Flat.

In 1973, the Vietnam peace accords were signed in Paris.

In 1977, the Vatican issued a declaration reaffirming the Roman Catholic Church's ban on female priests.

In 1984, singer Michael Jackson suffered serious burns to his scalp when pyrotechnics set his hair on fire during the filming of a Pepsi-Cola TV commercial at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

In 1998, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, on NBC's "Today" show, charged the sexual misconduct allegations against her husband, President Bill Clinton, were the work of a "vast right-wing conspiracy."

In 2001, 10 people were killed when a plane bringing people home from Oklahoma State University's basketball game against Colorado crashed in a field outside Denver.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 05:24:21 AM
Ten years ago: Tens of thousands of anti-war demonstrators marched in Washington, D.C., calling for the U.S. to get out of Iraq. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi led a congressional delegation to Pakistan, where she met with President Gen. Pervez Musharraf. Serena Williams won her third Australian Open singles title, routing Maria Sharapova 6-1, 6-2. Kimmie Meissner and Evan Lysacek won their first national titles at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Spokane, Washington.

Five years ago: Addressing students at the University of Michigan, President Barack Obama issued a warning to the nation's colleges and universities, threatening to strip their federal aid if they "jack up tuition" every year and give the money instead to schools showing restraint and value. A federal judge in Seattle sentenced "Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore to 6½ years in prison for his infamous two-year, international crime spree of break-ins and boat and plane thefts. (Harris-Moore was transferred from prison to a work-release facility in Sept. 2016.) Former Boston Mayor Kevin H. White died at age 82.

One year ago: The Ferguson, Missouri, Police Department agreed to overhaul its policies, training and practices as part of a sweeping deal with the Justice Department following the 2014 fatal police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown. As he honored four people for risking their lives to protect Jews, President Barack Obama warned during a visit to the Israeli Embassy in Washington that anti-Semitism was on the rise and that an attack on any faith was an attack on all faiths.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 05:25:05 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor James Cromwell is 77. Actor John Witherspoon is 75. Rock musician Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) is 73. Rhythm-and-blues singer Nedra Talley (The Ronettes) is 71. Ballet star Mikhail Baryshnikov is 69. Latin singer/songwriter Djavan is 68. Political commentator Ed Schultz is 63. Chief U.S. Justice John Roberts is 62. Country singer Cheryl White is 62. Country singer-musician Richard Young (The Kentucky Headhunters) is 62. Actress Mimi Rogers is 61. Rock musician Janick Gers (Iron Maiden) is 60. Actress Susanna Thompson is 59. Political and sports commentator Keith Olbermann is 58. Rock singer Margo Timmins (Cowboy Junkies) is 56. Rock musician Gillian Gilbert is 56. Actress Tamlyn Tomita is 54. Actress Bridget Fonda is 53. Actor Alan Cumming is 52. Country singer Tracy Lawrence is 49. Rock singer Mike Patton is 49. Rapper Tricky is 49. Rock musician Michael Kulas (James) is 48. Actor-comedian Patton Oswalt is 48. Actor Josh Randall is 45. Country singer Kevin Denney is 41. Tennis player Marat Safin is 37. Neo-soul musician Andrew Lee (St. Paul & the Broken Bones) is 31. Rock musician Matt Sanchez (American Authors) is 31. Actor Braeden Lemasters is 21.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 05:26:04 AM
Thought for Today: "If we die, we want people to accept it... We are in a risky business and we hope that if anything happens to us, it will not delay the program. The conquest of space is worth the risk of life." - Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom (1926-1967).
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 05:51:26 AM
chirp chirp.
good morning Dave. quiet Friday.
54° and probably won't get out of the 60's today.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 06:14:47 AM
chirp chirp.
good morning Dave. quiet Friday.
54° and probably won't get out of the 60's today.
Luckily for you that will only last a day or two.
We'll be lucky to crack 40, and be happy about that.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 06:15:23 AM
Time to be heading to the airport.
Hold down the fort Dean.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:18:34 AM
Morning Dave and Dean

33 degrees here and a high in the low 50's today.  Too cold for power washing but I have pruning to take care of then will have to haul the limbs to the recycle dump.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:18:58 AM
Time to be heading to the airport.
Hold down the fort Dean.
Enjoy the ride home!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 06:21:10 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:31:36 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Morning Golf, New Schedule?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 06:34:51 AM
good morning Dave and Dave. happy Friday.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 06:35:42 AM
Morning Dave and Dean

33 degrees here and a high in the low 50's today.  Too cold for power washing but I have pruning to take care of then will have to haul the limbs to the recycle dump.
you can't burn outdoors there?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:39:39 AM
Morning Dave and Dean

33 degrees here and a high in the low 50's today.  Too cold for power washing but I have pruning to take care of then will have to haul the limbs to the recycle dump.
you can't burn outdoors there?
Hell No!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 06:41:06 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Morning Golf, New Schedule?
CNS, not yet. Still don't have a start date confirmed, though, initial date I heard was 2/6, so that's what I'm thinking.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 06:53:46 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Morning Golf, New Schedule?
CNS, not yet. Still don't have a start date confirmed, though, initial date I heard was 2/6, so that's what I'm thinking.
That's pretty quick, good luck OverqualifiedDave!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 06:54:13 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 06:54:35 AM
Morning Dave and Dean

33 degrees here and a high in the low 50's today.  Too cold for power washing but I have pruning to take care of then will have to haul the limbs to the recycle dump.
you can't burn outdoors there?
Hell No!
no?
huh.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 06:55:07 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday!
morning Scott.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 07:02:01 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Morning Golf, New Schedule?
CNS, not yet. Still don't have a start date confirmed, though, initial date I heard was 2/6, so that's what I'm thinking.
That's pretty quick, good luck OverqualifiedDave!
They want me over there quick, and I'm sure my manager has no objections to me leaving sooner rather than later. Lol
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 07:11:45 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday!
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
Not important but there is a Jam and a Mash today ::)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 07:21:16 AM
Not important but there is a Jam and a Mash today ::)
At least the Tempus are finally gone.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 07:30:20 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Morning Golf, New Schedule?
CNS, not yet. Still don't have a start date confirmed, though, initial date I heard was 2/6, so that's what I'm thinking.
That's pretty quick, good luck OverqualifiedDave!
They want me over there quick, and I'm sure my manager has no objections to me leaving sooner rather than later. Lol
Have you worn out your welcome?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 07:34:49 AM
Morning Dean, Dave.
Morning Golf, New Schedule?
CNS, not yet. Still don't have a start date confirmed, though, initial date I heard was 2/6, so that's what I'm thinking.
That's pretty quick, good luck OverqualifiedDave!
They want me over there quick, and I'm sure my manager has no objections to me leaving sooner rather than later. Lol
Have you worn out your welcome?
No, my manager has.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 07:43:07 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 07:58:12 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 08:01:38 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning, ChillySteve.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:02:12 AM
Not important but there is a Jam and a Mash today ::)
What, you don't need a Nestor Miranda backpack?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:04:32 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning Steve, got a gift from the gods yesterday, son's hockey game scheduled for Sunday 6AM was moved to Saturday 4:45PM. Of course that's after an 8AM basketball game and 2:00 baseball practice but at least Sunday is clear
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 08:05:26 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 08:08:15 AM
Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:08:56 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning, ChillySteve.

Morning, Dave... So, does the new job come with a big corner office with giant windows, cabinet humidor and stocked wet bar?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:11:06 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning Steve, got a gift from the gods yesterday, son's hockey game scheduled for Sunday 6AM was moved to Saturday 4:45PM. Of course that's after an 8AM basketball game and 2:00 baseball practice but at least Sunday is clear

Hey, you'll take it! You can't have a quick smoke at baseball practice, or are you still on the coaching staff?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:11:38 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:12:20 AM
Good morning, boys.

Howdy, Mayor...   ;D

[edit] disregard that last part... it was a mistake.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 08:13:33 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning, ChillySteve.

Morning, Dave... So, does the new job come with a big corner office with giant windows,  cabinet humidor and stocked wet bar?
That info was supposed to be kept internal...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 08:13:54 AM
Good morning, boys.

Howdy, Mayor... you running around or rubbing one out today?  ;D
Yup
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 08:14:04 AM
Good morning, boys.
Morning, Bossman.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:18:41 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning, ChillySteve.

Morning, Dave... So, does the new job come with a big corner office with giant windows,  cabinet humidor and stocked wet bar?
That info was supposed to be kept internal...

Haha... was one of my favorite parts when watching Mad Men... smoking and drinking in the office. WHAT!?!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 08:24:53 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 08:26:56 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning, ChillySteve.

Morning, Dave... So, does the new job come with a big corner office with giant windows,  cabinet humidor and stocked wet bar?
That info was supposed to be kept internal...

Haha... was one of my favorite parts when watching Mad Men... smoking and drinking in the office. WHAT!?!
Ahh, the good old days!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:27:44 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.

Excellent. I don't smoke that many, but they are solid. They seem to get very good reviews... especially for their price point.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 08:28:08 AM
Good morning, boys.
Mornin' Tony!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 08:37:20 AM
Good morning, boys.

Howdy, Mayor... you running around or rubbing one out today?  ;D
Yup
Nope. Staying put. Need to put the studying hat back on.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 08:39:19 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Hi Sam. Curious to hear back regarding your thoughts on the Montecristo Platinum after you smoke it.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 08:45:18 AM
Not important but there is a Jam and a Mash today ::)
What, you don't need a Nestor Miranda backpack?
What if I send my kids into school with that? Do you think there would be an issue?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 08:50:35 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:53:03 AM
G'Morning, Banter... Brrr, a little chilly out this morning. Probably close to a 25-30 degree change from last night, but it IS Friday, so we have that going for us... which is nice.
Morning Steve, got a gift from the gods yesterday, son's hockey game scheduled for Sunday 6AM was moved to Saturday 4:45PM. Of course that's after an 8AM basketball game and 2:00 baseball practice but at least Sunday is clear

Hey, you'll take it! You can't have a quick smoke at baseball practice, or are you still on the coaching staff?
Yeah I coach baseball and help at basketball...I wish they'd let you smoke at hockey, I don't coach that
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:54:43 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.
La-la-la-la, I don't hear you! Buy a Milwaukee sawzall and have it for the rest of your life
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 08:56:58 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:57:34 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Hi Sam. Curious to hear back regarding your thoughts on the Montecristo Platinum after you smoke it.
Yeah, we don't care about your thoughts prior to smoking it
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:59:06 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Well, the name can fool you but this is a Harbour Freight staple, they make everything (cheap). It may catch fire in your hands, that would be my concern
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:01:22 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
The term "Sawzall" is like "Band Aid", it's a Milwaukee patent so technically everything else is a reciprocating saw. If you don't like my tool rants, GFYs it's what I do  :)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:02:07 AM
Where's shank, LHCs are jamming
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 09:03:20 AM
Commies!

http://halfwheel.com/new-york-seeks-new-protocols-mail-order-tobacco/139854?utm_content=bufferf501b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 09:06:42 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Well, the name can fool you but this is a Harbour Freight staple, they make everything (cheap). It may catch fire in your hands, that would be my concern

Yeah, we have them here too. They are indeed "cheap". There's usually also a coupon for a free tape measure or work gloves for just showing up.  ::)

...also, it is Chicago Electric

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-Amp-Heavy-Duty-Variable-Speed-Rotating-Handle-Reciprocating-Saw-62370.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTgwMzMxNTQiLCJza3UiOiI2MjM3MCIsImlzIjoiMTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTA5ODMifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 09:13:49 AM
The Page is a Scorcher!

(http://cdn.cigarpage.com/skin/frontend/brandshopper/CigarPage/images/cp-animated-scorcher-banner-1.gif)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:13:51 AM
[...]

Milwaukee Sawzall for $99 (12 AMP BTW), good luck cutting through a birthday cake with that Chicago P.O.S.

http://www.redtoolstore.com/products/milwaukee-6519-31-12-amp-sawzall-reciprocating-saw-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=15135130438&gclid=Cj0KEQiA_KvEBRCtzNil4-KR-LIBEiQAmgekFwDUSOZ-spAwryRvjllzoE3h9J2jE2gzVc9XNnf_rDAaAokg8P8HAQ
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:14:30 AM
The Page is a Scorcher!
Holy shit, it's the cigar sale trifecta!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:17:51 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
Ahhhh, thanks for that info.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 09:18:36 AM
The Page is a Scorcher!
Holy shit, it's the cigar sale trifecta!
(https://media.giphy.com/media/mpYstSDYP9YAM/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 09:21:33 AM
[...]

LALTS! birthday cake... that's funny
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 09:29:15 AM
[...]

Those are indeed nice, but may be overkill (especially Tony ;) Dean may find other uses) if you're not doing some real demo. He's talking about cutting roots. Equivalent being, buying a $500 Stihl chainsaw to cut dirt that just ends up ruining it.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:33:44 AM
[...]

I know but once you have one you'll find a lot of things you can do with it and after all, Tony IS Italian, just sayin'... ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:34:38 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
The term "Sawzall" is like "Band Aid", it's a Milwaukee patent so technically everything else is a reciprocating saw. If you don't like my tool rants, GFYs it's what I do  :)
For the amount I will be using it, it doesn't make sense. $20 for an occasionally used tool is fine. But if I need to buy a compressor too, it's a whole nutha ball of wax.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:37:27 AM
The Page is a Scorcher!

(http://cdn.cigarpage.com/skin/frontend/brandshopper/CigarPage/images/cp-animated-scorcher-banner-1.gif)
The perfect storm!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 09:37:42 AM
He should get there in a minute...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:40:21 AM

[...]

My wife laughed too. She said, just buy the Milwaukee. Then again, spending my money has never been a problem for her.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 09:52:23 AM

[...]

You could always get a 18v lithium combo set... give you some more options.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:01:37 AM
Where's shank, LHCs are jamming

...and still going
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:02:57 AM
Where's shank, LHCs are jamming

...and still going

Man O' War Armada (Gordo) (6.5"x56)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:05:48 AM

[...]

I don't trust cordless tools. Convenient, yes but with the amount I use them they don't seem worth it or powerful enough.

Edit: Replaced my cordless trimmer with a gas one. Replaced my cordless drill with a corded one. Granted the latter wasn't lithium but just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:08:03 AM
sHEESH! You'd think it'd be slower on a Friday...  phone's rinning off the hook!  I mean, I sell doors for Christ's sake, how come som many people need doors all of a sudden?
Sorry, cutting into my banter time.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:08:36 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Hi Sam. Curious to hear back regarding your thoughts on the Montecristo Platinum after you smoke it.
ok, will do.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:09:40 AM
sHEESH! You'd think it'd be slower on a Friday...  phone's rinning off the hook!  I mean, I sell doors for Christ's sake, how come som many people need doors all of a sudden?
Sorry, cutting into my banter time.
The nerve!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:10:20 AM
Not important but there is a Jam and a Mash today ::)
What, you don't need a Nestor Miranda backpack?
What if I send my kids into school with that? Do you think there would be an issue?
they would probably have to go after school to re-education classes.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:11:18 AM
good morning all!  it's Friday!  (just in case you hadn't noticed)

Morning, Sam! How'd that Punch work out for ya?
Morning Steve.  Was good, thanks!  I've had them before and like then for a nice change.
Hi Sam. Curious to hear back regarding your thoughts on the Montecristo Platinum after you smoke it.
Yeah, we don't care about your thoughts prior to smoking it
Not a problem since there usually aren't too many thoughts either way here.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:11:35 AM

[...]

You're not supposed to put everything in your mouth!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:11:52 AM
sHEESH! You'd think it'd be slower on a Friday...  phone's rinning off the hook!  I mean, I sell doors for Christ's sake, how come som many people need doors all of a sudden?
Sorry, cutting into my banter time.
The nerve!
Exactly!  Don't think I haven't voiced my displeasure...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 10:14:33 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:15:30 AM

[...]

You're so predictable.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:15:42 AM
[...]

The Milwaukee is a very decent "Sawsall" (I have had one for 15 years) and if you plan to use one (Even just occasionally) i'd recommend it.  if this is a one & done, buy the cheapest one you can find.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:19:05 AM

well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap reciprocating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

[...]

I can understand that. I don't like most garden tools in the cordless variety, but I had to pick up a hedge trimmer for the Ryobi 18v because the warden was going through too many extension cords.  :o

I have been pretty happy with most of the tools in that line. Even used the reciprocating saw to cut out a few door frames when I replaced them.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:19:42 AM
Morning, muchachos.
What's up, my good man?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:20:25 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hey Raz!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:21:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 10:22:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
What's up, my good man?
Interest rates and the Dow. Not much else.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 10:23:25 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hey Raz!
Mornin' Sam.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 10:24:25 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret
Howdy, Steve.

Sorry to miss bantering yesterday. I was violently ill. Today I'm really tired.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:36:04 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret
Howdy, Steve.

Sorry to miss bantering yesterday. I was violently ill. Today I'm really tired.

Sounds aweful. You dragged into work today, I guess?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 10:37:32 AM
Looks like we got our first Joe whoops! of the day.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 10:39:24 AM
Looks like we got our first Joe whoops! of the day.
And now the Armadas are back, still with a full bar. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:40:13 AM
Looks like we got our first Joe whoops! of the day.
Musta missed it.  What happened?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 10:40:21 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 10:41:54 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Damn, sounds better than the chicken soup & 1/2 ham samwich I have!  Morning Mark.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 10:44:03 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret
Howdy, Steve.

Sorry to miss bantering yesterday. I was violently ill. Today I'm really tired.

Sounds aweful. You dragged into work today, I guess?
Yeah.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:47:12 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!

Sure, rub it in... or out. Whatever the case may be.

Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 10:49:52 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!

Sure, rub it in... or out. Whatever the case may be.

btw, what's a hippo egg?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 10:50:50 AM
Looks like we got our first Joe whoops! of the day.
Musta missed it.  What happened?
Just came up with the whoops screen for a few minutes. Came back shortly with the same deal it already had up.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 10:52:41 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Sure, rub it in... or out. Whatever the case may be.
btw, what's a hippo egg?
Cream cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in sausage wrapped in bacon.  Invented at a meat market in Hutto, TX, who's HS mascot are the Hutto Hippos.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ykJVi4OfyJ4/UgUF1EAjiTI/AAAAAAAAhWc/PUz7fDg5ebk/s1600/planet-weidknecht-hippo-eggs-6.JPG)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 10:53:45 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Sure, rub it in... or out. Whatever the case may be.
btw, what's a hippo egg?
Cream cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in sausage wrapped in bacon.  Invented at a meat market in Hutto, TX, who's HS mascot are the Hutto Hippos.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ykJVi4OfyJ4/UgUF1EAjiTI/AAAAAAAAhWc/PUz7fDg5ebk/s1600/planet-weidknecht-hippo-eggs-6.JPG)
And here I was thinking it was just gonna be a really big egg.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:00:43 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Sure, rub it in... or out. Whatever the case may be.
btw, what's a hippo egg?
Cream cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in sausage wrapped in bacon.  Invented at a meat market in Hutto, TX, who's HS mascot are the Hutto Hippos.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ykJVi4OfyJ4/UgUF1EAjiTI/AAAAAAAAhWc/PUz7fDg5ebk/s1600/planet-weidknecht-hippo-eggs-6.JPG)

That does look yummo. Looks like ya'll are getting some good use out of that new grill. Best... Purchase... Ever... and great for Team Building exercises!  ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Sure, rub it in... or out. Whatever the case may be.
btw, what's a hippo egg?
Cream cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in sausage wrapped in bacon.  Invented at a meat market in Hutto, TX, who's HS mascot are the Hutto Hippos.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ykJVi4OfyJ4/UgUF1EAjiTI/AAAAAAAAhWc/PUz7fDg5ebk/s1600/planet-weidknecht-hippo-eggs-6.JPG)
That does look yummo. Looks like ya'll are getting some good use out of that new grill. Best... Purchase... Ever... and great for Team Building exercises!  ;)
Yep, it's the first (and only) item on my performance ladder improvement plan.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 11:06:27 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:06:34 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Damn, I wanna work there.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:08:18 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Damn, I wanna work there.
The commute would be shit.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:10:47 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:10:52 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
And now another one up. WTF?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:11:27 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:11:32 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Damn, I wanna work there.
The commute would be shit.
I was thinking I'd leave the wife and kids behind.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:11:56 AM
Man 'O War Armada lull on the Jam.

Morning, all! Eagerly awaiting my Oliva Connecticut petite coronas for a morning smoke! First batch of V tubos should be here tomorrow, and another on Monday or Tuesday. I did see the first batch was in Vernon, CA (20 miles away or so) yesterday afternoon. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll show a day ahead of schedule.

I see I was paged for the LHCs. Haha. With the Cusano magnums on the way, I probably wouldn't spring for more knock-arounds. But thanks for the heads up!

What do folks have going on today???
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:12:07 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Damn, I wanna work there.
The commute would be shit.
I was thinking I'd leave the wife and kids behind.
Well, see now you're thinking.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 11:12:07 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
The term "Sawzall" is like "Band Aid", it's a Milwaukee patent so technically everything else is a reciprocating saw. If you don't like my tool rants, GFYs it's what I do  :)
For the amount I will be using it, it doesn't make sense. $20 for an occasionally used tool is fine. But if I need to buy a compressor too, it's a whole nutha ball of wax.
i have that reciprocating saw, and some new blades, in my garage, as well as a compressor and nail gun from the basement renovation.  Save the receipt, they have a garentee on their tools, will gladly replace.  now my buddy burnt out my electric drill, using it to mix cement for under the new tile in five gallon buckets.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:12:51 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.

PC is out... Trump is IN!  :-X
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:14:27 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.

Last door on the left. Kittens and coloring books on the table. Please feel free to sooth yourself... wait
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:15:09 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 11:15:22 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Yep, usually between 2 & 5 pm.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:16:59 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Yep, usually between 2 & 5 pm.

After 7 pm PST or so I usually find myself by...myself.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:17:14 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Yep, usually between 2 & 5 pm.
Boom!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 11:17:17 AM
Olivas on sale at Cigarplace.  from "g's" to "v's" and some connies and MBIII's to boot.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:17:17 AM
[...]

There you go Tony. Just borrow Flip's. He has a great Warranty plan.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:17:46 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
No need, I'm gonna check out Steve's self-soothing room. ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:20:10 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
No need, I'm gonna check out Steve's self-soothing room. ;)

CNS... just put a sock or something on the doorknob.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:21:27 AM
Olivas on sale at Cigarplace.  from "g's" to "v's" and some connies and MBIII's to boot.
Seems like the Place has good prices on the MBIIIs as well, if anyone is so inclined.

http://cigarplace.biz/all-brands/oliva-cigars/oliva-master-blends-3.html?utm_source=Cigar+Place+Newsletter+List&utm_campaign=7954f0a4f9-Retail_Rebellion_2017_01_26_10am_2b1hr&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_efb7fdc687-7954f0a4f9-195662101&mc_cid=7954f0a4f9&mc_eid=b7a7194ea4
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:21:41 AM
Looking at the Nub Club Cameroon sampler again. If ya double up and use the $10 off it comes out to 16 cigars for $42. That's $2.62 a piece. I think folks said 8 for 26 was a good deal. With the coupon it's awesome, no? Of course, then I have 16 cigars I haven't tried, but that's not so unusual for me. Hah.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:21:54 AM
[...]

I don't have a particular project for it at the moment.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:21:56 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
No need, I'm gonna check out Steve's self-soothing room. ;)

CNS... just put a sock or something on the doorknob.
Good thing I'm wearing 2!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:23:26 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
No need, I'm gonna check out Steve's self-soothing room. ;)
For your own protection don't touch anything in there. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:23:51 AM
[...]

Huh... I'd have thought there was something on that short list.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:24:27 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:25:16 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
No need, I'm gonna check out Steve's self-soothing room. ;)
For your own protection don't touch anything in there. Just sayin'.

If you can't touch "anything", what's the damn point. Sheesh.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:25:51 AM
Looking at the Nub Club Cameroon sampler again. If ya double up and use the $10 off it comes out to 16 cigars for $42. That's $2.62 a piece. I think folks said 8 for 26 was a good deal. With the coupon it's awesome, no? Of course, then I have 16 cigars I haven't tried, but that's not so unusual for me. Hah.
What's up, Jordan? Actually sounds like a tempting deal.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:25:54 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?

Not to point out the obvious here, but a "Chicago Pneumatic" probably requires an air compressor... just sayin'
sorry, Chicago Electric.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:26:33 AM
[...]

Cigar cutter?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:29:21 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:30:51 AM
Looking at the Nub Club Cameroon sampler again. If ya double up and use the $10 off it comes out to 16 cigars for $42. That's $2.62 a piece. I think folks said 8 for 26 was a good deal. With the coupon it's awesome, no? Of course, then I have 16 cigars I haven't tried, but that's not so unusual for me. Hah.
What's up, Jordan? Actually sounds like a tempting deal.

Just chillin', Tony! No class on Fridays. I do have a filing to finish and more to prepare for. Contemplating taking the FJR out into the twisties now that the rain has let up! It's a little cool, but I've got warm clothes.

How you doing?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 11:31:53 AM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:32:17 AM
Good morning, Shank... aka.Jordan
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:32:22 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.

he can always use it like this:
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 11:33:15 AM
I think TR set me up with that enable.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
nice Sam, thank you.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:35:11 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
For $20, I may still bite. $26.99 is a different story.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:35:39 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.

he can always use it like this:

LOL... that is quite the accessory. Definitely not OEM
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:35:55 AM
Good morning, Shank... aka.Jordan

Morning to you, BYS! How's Ga today?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 11:37:34 AM

You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Back out to the lobby, go down the hall to the left. There's a door marked GFY. That's the safe zone.

Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:37:57 AM
You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
I can create a separate thread for you.
No need, I'm gonna check out Steve's self-soothing room. ;)
For your own protection don't touch anything in there. Just sayin'.
We're waaaay too late for that.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 11:38:23 AM
Morning men.  We have another cookout planned at the shop for lunch.  I picked up Rib-eye's, bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp, jalapeno sausage, hippo eggs from the local meat market.  Yummo!
Damn, I wanna work there.
The commute would be shit.
I was thinking I'd leave the wife and kids behind.
Well, see now you're thinking.
Which usually just gets him in trouble.

Oh wait, that's me...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Back out to the lobby, go down the hall to the left. There's a door marked GFY. That's the safe zone.
And that's exactly what I did in there, too.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
Looking at the Nub Club Cameroon sampler again. If ya double up and use the $10 off it comes out to 16 cigars for $42. That's $2.62 a piece. I think folks said 8 for 26 was a good deal. With the coupon it's awesome, no? Of course, then I have 16 cigars I haven't tried, but that's not so unusual for me. Hah.
What's up, Jordan? Actually sounds like a tempting deal.

Just chillin', Tony! No class on Fridays. I do have a filing to finish and more to prepare for. Contemplating taking the FJR out into the twisties now that the rain has let up! It's a little cool, but I've got warm clothes.

How you doing?
Never been better. Thanks for asking.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:40:00 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
For $20, I may still bite. $26.99 is a different story.
you can always grab a flyer in store and tear out the coupon for $19.99
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:41:29 AM

You pipe smokers need to get in on the pipe rest offered at the Page.  One minute left!
I don't believe it is politically correct to call people pipe smokers, no matter what they identify as.
Does this banter have a quiet forum? I need some alone time now.
Back out to the lobby, go down the hall to the left. There's a door marked GFY. That's the safe zone.
And that's exactly what I did in there, too.
TMI
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:42:29 AM
Good morning, Shank... aka.Jordan

Morning to you, BYS! How's Ga today?

It's all good in the neighborhood.
Temps dropped about 25° last night, but it's really where we're supposed to be. Been a little spoiled the past week and a half with 60-70°
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 11:44:01 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
For $20, I may still bite. $26.99 is a different story.
you can always grab a flyer in store and tear out the coupon for $19.99

You didn't get the free tape measure... or was it the magnetic parts bowl?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:46:08 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
For $20, I may still bite. $26.99 is a different story.
you can always grab a flyer in store and tear out the coupon for $19.99

You didn't get the free tape measure... or was it the magnetic parts bowl?
I got more free tape measures and flashlights than I'll ever use.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:48:03 AM
only 55° and going to play hell getting into the 60's. at least Monday and Tuesday will be ideal for busting concrete, cutting roots, and pouring concrete.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 11:50:18 AM
CCom selling Padron #3000 for $6.60 per single. I can get them at the ABC store for $6.29. go figure.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:58:18 AM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
For $20, I may still bite. $26.99 is a different story.
you can always grab a flyer in store and tear out the coupon for $19.99
That's a heck of a list of coupons but I didn't see the reciprocating saw in there. No big deal.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 12:02:50 PM
CCom selling Padron #3000 for $6.60 per single. I can get them at the ABC store for $6.29. go figure.

Well, their name does practically spell "commies"
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 12:07:41 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 12:10:21 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10

Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 12:11:36 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10

Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 12:11:45 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 12:18:15 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10

Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.

Hmm, what browser are you using? Maybe it's this dumbass Chrome.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 12:18:16 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
As does mine.  He's not doing it right.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 12:27:00 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
As does mine.  He's not doing it right.
even mine flips automatically.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 12:27:30 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
As does mine.  He's not doing it right.

Apparently not... But I see there is a little lag now. Maybe because I have about 30 tabs open split between 2 different browsers.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 12:29:08 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Looks pretty damn tasty.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 12:29:46 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
As does mine.  He's not doing it right.

Apparently not... But I see there is a little lag now. Maybe because I have about 30 tabs open split between 2 different browsers.
Lol, that might be your problem. I'm using IE here at work.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 12:31:22 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)

who all you feeding Mark?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 12:33:55 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Looks pretty damn tasty.

Indeed...  Okay, I'm hungry now.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 12:44:28 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 12:48:04 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 12:53:53 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
As does mine.  He's not doing it right.
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 12:56:37 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Having another company picnic?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 12:59:13 PM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.

he can always use it like this:
No wonder all the ladies are calling MrFixItDean...the man with all sorts of tools, electric, battery and manual too!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 12:59:33 PM
well, off to Home Depot to pick up a toilet, the Harbor Freight for a cheap recipricating saw for tree roots in that driveway. Chicago Pneumatic, was $49.97, now $27.99, with Super Coupon $19.99. if it cuts roots better than swinging an axe it's worth it.

I need a sawzall too. Where do you get the super coupon?
either in the back of the catalog or on their webpage: http://m.harborfreight.com/savings_coupons.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Welcome back, Dean. No worries. Tony has already lost interest.
this might make a good cigar carrier / storage option
http://www.harborfreight.com/50-Cal-Metal-Ammo-Can-63181.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMzg5MjkxMTUiLCJza3UiOiI2MzE4MSIsImlzIjoiMTIuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTE4MzQifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A (http://www.harborfreight.com/50-Cal-Metal-Ammo-Can-63181.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMzg5MjkxMTUiLCJza3UiOiI2MzE4MSIsImlzIjoiMTIuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTE4MzQifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 12:59:37 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 12:59:55 PM
inch telephone poles on scorcher for 50.oo for 10
Having to click on "next deal" is getting annoying. They should just flip it for us like the commie sprinter.  ;)
Mine flips automatically.
As does mine.  He's not doing it right.
TWSS
Too easy. Welcome back.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 01:01:05 PM
[...]

Saw that and thought the same.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 01:25:58 PM
Meat sweats lull?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 01:29:20 PM
Meat sweats lull?
just going for lunch now myself.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 01:30:37 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 01:46:13 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 01:47:24 PM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
Had to go back and dig through my email receipts. I bought two of these samplers for $119 and change with FS from Holt's just before Christmas.

That would be the best deal I can remember on MBIIIs.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 01:48:59 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
Seriously. I think it's attributable to the industrial pollution.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 01:50:31 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 01:55:37 PM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
Had to go back and dig through my email receipts. I bought two of these samplers for $119 and change with FS from Holt's just before Christmas.

That would be the best deal I can remember on MBIIIs.
caught 1 at a 59.99 price & 1 at 69.99.  still have quite a few buried.  had one a couple of nights ago and the rest hasn't done them any harm :)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 01:56:18 PM
AJF sampler up now...wouldn't be a bad one for shank to check out.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 01:56:38 PM
had a 101 Uncle Lee for lunch.  for what I bought them for, not bad.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 27, 2017, 01:56:54 PM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html (http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html)
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
Had to go back and dig through my email receipts. I bought two of these samplers for $119 and change with FS from Holt's just before Christmas.

That would be the best deal I can remember on MBIIIs.
Yep, been available for $59.99 with free shipping.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 01:56:57 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
Seriously. I think it's attributable to the industrial pollution.
What industry?  We're the Garden State.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 01:57:35 PM
had a 101 Uncle Lee for lunch.  for what I bought them for, not bad.
Yea, that's the general concensus.  Mr. Bean has really taken a liking to them.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 01:58:23 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 01:58:25 PM
AJF sampler up now...wouldn't be a bad one for shank to check out.
Very true!  sparks a question.  anyone notice that the Fallen Angel with the newer label does not taste the same as the original with the colorful label or is it just me?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 01:59:33 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:00:02 PM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html (http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html)
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
Had to go back and dig through my email receipts. I bought two of these samplers for $119 and change with FS from Holt's just before Christmas.

That would be the best deal I can remember on MBIIIs.
Yep, been available for $59.99 with free shipping.
Good afternoon CB.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 02:04:32 PM
AJF sampler up now...wouldn't be a bad one for shank to check out.
Very true!  sparks a question.  anyone notice that the Fallen Angel with the newer label does not taste the same as the original with the colorful label or is it just me?
Haven't had one with the newer label yet. But not hard to believe.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 02:07:55 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:11:53 PM
Oval connies scorchin
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 02:13:44 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 27, 2017, 02:14:22 PM
http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html (http://www.holts.com/samplers/featured-samplers/oliva-master-blends-monster-deal.html)
one of the best MBIII deals I've come up on.
Had to go back and dig through my email receipts. I bought two of these samplers for $119 and change with FS from Holt's just before Christmas.

That would be the best deal I can remember on MBIIIs.
Yep, been available for $59.99 with free shipping.
Good afternoon CB.
Look who's behind door #3!  Afternoon Sam I Am.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 02:14:39 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
I smoke a lot and CHEAP.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 27, 2017, 02:14:45 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 02:15:19 PM
cb's in the house.
hi Mike.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 27, 2017, 02:17:00 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
I smoke a lot and CHEAP.
Smoke a lot of cheap seegars.  What's the word on the lump Dean?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 02:18:22 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
I just buy the deals that get discussed here.

Edit: Also, I have my staples...like Cuarentas, which I stock when I can get them for $3.00 a stick, and Nica Rusticas which I buy anytime I find them under $4 a stick.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 02:24:24 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
I'm sure you're right with that one.  The rest of you are just jealous.   ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 02:26:35 PM
AJF sampler up now...wouldn't be a bad one for shank to check out.
Very true!  sparks a question.  anyone notice that the Fallen Angel with the newer label does not taste the same as the original with the colorful label or is it just me?
Strange with that label.  Originally it was put out on a variation of Fallen Angel....I forget the actual name, then it was used for all Fallen Angels.  I only have ones with the original label.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 02:27:32 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
I smoke a lot and CHEAP.
Smoke a lot of cheap seegars.  What's the word on the lump Dean?
still waiting to hear on the surgeon.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 02:27:33 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
I'm sure you're right with that one.  The rest of you are just jealous.   ;)
Yes...I jealously guard whatever resources I have that keep me out of Jersey. I even had to think carefully about marrying a woman whose dad was from Jersey. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 02:27:34 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
But not to be confused with Cheapy-Cheapo.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 02:28:51 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
I'm sure you're right with that one.  The rest of you are just jealous.   ;)
Yes...I jealously guard whatever resources I have that keep me out of Jersey. I even had to think carefully about marrying a woman whose dad was from Jersey. ;-)
Your wife would probably not like that idea too much either.... :o
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 02:29:14 PM
Off for some errands and an appointment, BBL.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 02:29:21 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Having another company picnic?
Yep, fed the crew.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 27, 2017, 02:31:10 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
I'm sure you're right with that one.  The rest of you are just jealous.   ;)
Yeah, doubly jealous of you, from NJ and a Dave.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 27, 2017, 02:31:40 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
I smoke a lot and CHEAP.
Smoke a lot of cheap seegars.  What's the word on the lump Dean?
still waiting to hear on the surgeon.
Here's to hearing good news.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 27, 2017, 02:32:16 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Having another company picnic?
Yep, fed the crew.
But did he feed this crew?   NNNOOOOOooooo!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 02:34:47 PM
Good to be back in NJ!
you will only hear someone actually from NJ say that....
I'm sure you're right with that one.  The rest of you are just jealous.   ;)
Yes...I jealously guard whatever resources I have that keep me out of Jersey. I even had to think carefully about marrying a woman whose dad was from Jersey. ;-)
Your wife would probably not like that idea too much either.... :o
Yeah, yeah. That's who I'm talking about, smartass. The warden's dad came from Newark, her mom from Buffalo. Real good places to be "from."
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 02:35:37 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Having another company picnic?
Yep, fed the crew.
But did he feed this crew?   NNNOOOOOooooo!
All he feeds us is bullschitt.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 02:37:47 PM
Speaking of the Uncle Lees...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:49:36 PM
Eye pokers jamming. Those things look weaponized.
been up a loooooong time too. looking for a deal to get free shipping on my EPC 2nds and Super Premiums.

the Padron #3000's did it.
Well, at least someone made a purchase today.
I smoke a lot of cigars and can't afford top shelf, though I keep a bunch on hand for the occasional treat, otherwise it's the cheap go to cigars.
right there witcha!
I don't feel so different now. thanks Sam.
Hell, that's me too. Not because I smoke a lot, just because I'm cheap. Lol
I just buy the deals that get discussed here.

Edit: Also, I have my staples...like Cuarentas, which I stock when I can get them for $3.00 a stick, and Nica Rusticas which I buy anytime I find them under $4 a stick.
This is scary.  same attitude here.  definitely like the Nicas' and usually wait until they are sub $4.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:50:51 PM
AJF sampler up now...wouldn't be a bad one for shank to check out.
Very true!  sparks a question.  anyone notice that the Fallen Angel with the newer label does not taste the same as the original with the colorful label or is it just me?
Strange with that label.  Originally it was put out on a variation of Fallen Angel....I forget the actual name, then it was used for all Fallen Angels.  I only have ones with the original label.
Wish that's all i had.  I may be off, but the newer ones don't seem to be as good.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:51:55 PM
Time to eat.
(http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/pargerous/DSCN1041.jpg)
Having another company picnic?
Yep, fed the crew.
But did he feed this crew?   NNNOOOOOooooo!
HAH!  'zactly!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 27, 2017, 02:53:30 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:54:19 PM
Speaking of the Uncle Lees...
yep.  month ago they were $34.95 w/ free ship at Holts.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 02:54:31 PM
Hazzuh!
Have a good weekend Dave!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 27, 2017, 02:56:21 PM
Hazzuh!

Later, FancyPants
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 03:16:14 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 03:21:33 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 04:00:45 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 04:04:54 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 04:06:32 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.
I think the Monte White is more like the Serie O.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 04:07:10 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.
Yeah, I better quit taking days off or he'll catch me.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 04:11:09 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 04:13:04 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 04:14:54 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled
that as tarts - that was a picture!).
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 27, 2017, 04:22:08 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled
that as tarts - that was a picture!).
Would they then be considered infused?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 04:27:20 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled
that as tarts - that was a picture!).
Would they then be considered infused?
The tarts or the tobacco leaves?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: ss2 on January 27, 2017, 04:32:09 PM
ok folks, it's that magic time of the day where I get to say have a great weekend!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 04:43:14 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled
that as tarts - that was a picture!).

Ah. Cool. I had no idea. THat's what keeps them more mild? Lack of direct light?

Also, finally a NICE day to be outside to have a cigar! Clear skies, about 70. Beautiful! Oliva G robusto just finished off. Nice.

I've been enjoying a lot of fuller cigars lately, but it's nice to just have something a little more mellow. I can handle the fuller ones, but they do kick it to me sometimes! Especially if not on a full stomach!

Did I mention I'm looking forward to these short Oliva connies showing up? Now all I need is a good deal on some more Gs! Haha. I see the tins of petite coronas up on the mash. I'll probably see how the connies are first...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 04:43:42 PM
ok folks, it's that magic time of the day where I get to say have a great weekend!

Have a good weekend, Ss2!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 04:44:40 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 04:59:23 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:00:46 PM
Got up close to 60 this afternoon and I figured out how to smoke cigars while power washing so got a good bit of smoking and cleaning done today.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:02:55 PM
[...]

Somebody has G's up pretty regularly
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:06:56 PM
Looks like a lot of big name golfers are going to miss the cut today.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 05:09:56 PM
Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled
that as tarts - that was a picture!).
Would they then be considered infused?
No, infusing happens during fermentation of the harvested leaf, when the leaf can absorb strong aromatics to which it is exposed. Shade growing just keeps the growing leaves thinner and more elastic. And the shade is created by a light, translucent fabric. So, it's not really shade, per se, but diffused light in which the tobacco is grown.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:10:16 PM
Time to pour me a glass of heart elixer.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 05:11:33 PM
Got up close to 60 this afternoon and I figured out how to smoke cigars while power washing so got a good bit of smoking and cleaning done today.
Afternoon, MultiTaskingTex.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 05:17:56 PM
[...]

the Olivia CR's are some really good connies, you should like them, nice change of pace or good first smoke of the day.  do not have one after a full bodied cigar.  much like have a dry red wine after a sweet white one. Just not done.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 05:23:31 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

I think he makes it up as he goes.  8)
I was deserving of a star, so I got one. It would be cool to see a second show up at some arbitrary number, though.  Lie 217.  ???

How ya doin, Dave?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 05:25:27 PM
[...]

Yes! That's my plan. A good morning/afternoon /everyday cigar that is quality but not overpowering.  A daily full bodied is a bit much for me. I think I like the fuller smokes a couple times a week.   ;)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:26:48 PM
Afternoon and Evening as appropriate Raz and Flip
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:28:01 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

I think he makes it up as he goes.  8)
I was deserving of a star, so I got one. It would be cool to see a second show up at some arbitrary number, though.  Lie 217.  ???

How ya doin, Dave?
Doing ok, pretty productive day of work around the house.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 05:31:01 PM
The perfect storm took us to 18. Not to shabby for a Friday.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 05:36:02 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

I think he makes it up as he goes.  8)
I was deserving of a star, so I got one. It would be cool to see a second show up at some arbitrary number, though.  Lie 217.  ???

How ya doin, Dave?
Doing ok, pretty productive day of work around the house.

Yes. I notices pressure washing has been on the agenda for a couple days. It feels good to do some odd jobs around the house when the weather warms up a bit. Sometimes I purposely find something manual and mostly mindless to do when I've had too much school stuff.  :)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 05:37:30 PM
The perfect storm took us to 18. Not to shabby for a Friday.

Like, as in degrees? You guys having a snowstorm up there?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 05:42:43 PM
The perfect storm took us to 18. Not to shabby for a Friday.

Like, as in degrees? You guys having a snowstorm up there?
nope, have a botl Oyam I belive who used to celebrate the
18th
page....
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on January 27, 2017, 05:43:41 PM
take care guys, be leaving soon.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 05:50:17 PM
take care guys, be leaving soon.

Have a good one!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:51:49 PM
take care guys, be leaving soon.
Later Flip, kind of late for you to be leaving
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 05:53:24 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

I think he makes it up as he goes.  8)
I was deserving of a star, so I got one. It would be cool to see a second show up at some arbitrary number, though.  Lie 217.  ???

How ya doin, Dave?
Doing ok, pretty productive day of work around the house.

Yes. I notices pressure washing has been on the agenda for a couple days. It feels good to do some odd jobs around the house when the weather warms up a bit. Sometimes I purposely find something manual and mostly mindless to do when I've had too much school stuff.  :)
And I am not even half way done pressure washing yet.  I also did a lot of tree and shrub pruning today but I get to use the chainsaw for some of that and I like chainsawing.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:01:39 PM
[...]

Chainsawing IS fun! I've had the opportunity to do some on an occasion or two. Do you have a lot of shrub and brush around your place?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 06:03:52 PM
[...]

Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:05:56 PM
[...]

No brush but a lot of shrubs and several trees that require trimming up every year
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 06:10:38 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

I think he makes it up as he goes.  8)
I was deserving of a star, so I got one. It would be cool to see a second show up at some arbitrary number, though.  Lie 217.  ???

How ya doin, Dave?
Doing ok, pretty productive day of work around the house.

Yes. I notices pressure washing has been on the agenda for a couple days. It feels good to do some odd jobs around the house when the weather warms up a bit. Sometimes I purposely find something manual and mostly mindless to do when I've had too much school stuff.  :)
I hear that.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:11:46 PM
This is a pretty good deal for a setup like this, isn't it?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5939339427.html

Or, bigger is better?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5940430543.html

Or, a smaller one. If that's what works.   :D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/5939525291.html
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 06:13:25 PM
Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?
Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank
Not even.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 06:13:29 PM
This is a pretty good deal for a setup like this, isn't it?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5939339427.html

Or, bigger is better?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5940430543.html

Or, a smaller one. If that's what works.   :D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/5939525291.html
There's no such thing as too big. TWSS.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 06:14:42 PM
Got up close to 60 this afternoon and I figured out how to smoke cigars while power washing so got a good bit of smoking and cleaning done today.
I'm impressed. I could not do that.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:16:34 PM
This is a pretty good deal for a setup like this, isn't it?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5939339427.html

Or, bigger is better?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5940430543.html

Or, a smaller one. If that's what works.   :D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/5939525291.html
There's no such thing as too big. TWSS.

I was going to make a joke about the small one being perfect for a tighter space, maybe somewhere out back...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:23:20 PM
This is a pretty good deal for a setup like this, isn't it?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5939339427.html

Or, bigger is better?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5940430543.html

Or, a smaller one. If that's what works.   :D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/5939525291.html
There's no such thing as too big. TWSS.

I was going to make a joke about the small one being perfect for a tighter space, maybe somewhere out back...
Small one is tooooo small and will not be enough to satisfy her for long.  1st one has more drawers which is much better if you have mostly singles.  Excellent prices if they are legit.  Dial hygrometers look nice but are useless so you would need a $10 acurite digital from Walmart
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:24:48 PM
Got up close to 60 this afternoon and I figured out how to smoke cigars while power washing so got a good bit of smoking and cleaning done today.
I'm impressed. I could not do that.
I could teach you
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:25:34 PM
This is a pretty good deal for a setup like this, isn't it?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5939339427.html

Or, bigger is better?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/app/5940430543.html

Or, a smaller one. If that's what works.   :D

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/5939525291.html
There's no such thing as too big. TWSS.

I was going to make a joke about the small one being perfect for a tighter space, maybe somewhere out back...
Small one is tooooo small and will not be enough.  1st one has more drawers which is much better if you have mostly singles.  Excellent prices if they are legit.  Dial hygrometers look nice but are useless so you would need a $10 acurite digital from Walmart

I was thinking the first one, too. Most of my cigars are loose. And I already have the digital! It's held up fine for several years now. Salt-tested when new and it was bang on then. It probably still is.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:27:13 PM
They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 06:34:34 PM
[...]

That seems like a rather personal question.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 06:38:09 PM
They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:39:04 PM
$10 almost everything on it large pPizza Hut for dinner and warden is picking it up on her way home so I don't have to drive drunk.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:41:03 PM
They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.

Just due to the population size? They're always the same brand, though. The one add says "open box" but I suspect they're buying 'em in bulk from China.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:41:47 PM
$10 almost everything on it large pPizza Hut for dinner and warden is picking it up on her way home so I don't have to drive drunk.

Smart. Lol. I think the little one and I might go to Red Robin in a minute or ten.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 06:47:00 PM
They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.

Just due to the population size? They're always the same brand, though. The one add says "open box" but I suspect they're buying 'em in bulk from China.
Population size, relative wealth, one of the best wine regions in the world, and greater proportion of wine snobs. Up here, it's more about beer than wine.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:50:44 PM
They have been running these adds for months. Seems legit, aside from the fact that they provide an email only for contact. I may check it out in more detail when the weather warms up. I may buy it if I can do it in person, or verify legitimacy somehow.
Probably a profitable sideline. Pick up used wine storage refrigerators, build them out, and sell for twice the price. Easier to do in Cali, lots and lots of those fridges.

Just due to the population size? They're always the same brand, though. The one add says "open box" but I suspect they're buying 'em in bulk from China.
Population size, relative wealth, one of the best wine regions in the world, and greater proportion of wine snobs. Up here, it's more about beer than wine.
It all makes sense. My last job before returning to school was as an equipment rep up in Sonoma County. I spent at least 1 day a week driving through the Dry Creek, Alexander, and Sonoma Valley wine areas. Beautiful countryside, and great clients. Very friendly people up there. I do miss it.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 06:58:06 PM
[...]

It is nice up there.  I lived in Three Rivers at the entrance to Sequoia National Park for about 7 months when they were rebuilding the park road.  Took a couple of long weekend trips up to the wine country.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 06:58:34 PM
Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 06:58:43 PM
[...]

Also a matter that a wine fridge is not much needed in western WA. Mean average temp around 38°. It can get warm in the summers, but easy to find a dark place in most houses where the wine won't overheat.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 07:01:36 PM
[...]

Nice. I need to get up to the National Park region for a motorcycle tour sometime soon...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 07:13:10 PM
Alright, all. Headed out for dinner with my munchkin. Catch you guys later!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 27, 2017, 07:16:51 PM
Alright, all. Headed out for dinner with my munchkin. Catch you guys later!
Enjoy.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 07:46:52 PM
Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 08:15:00 PM
Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.
He is in California and they don't allow that.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 08:20:48 PM
Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
make sure you're armed. a lot of crazies out there waiting to rip someone off.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 08:23:44 PM
Emailed the fridge guy. Turns out it's legit. I asked to come and check it out in person and they responded with an address for a warehouse in Sante Fe Springs and said to come Mon or Tues.
Bring a weapon with you.
He is in California and they don't allow that.
that's right, they only allow criminals to carry guns.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 27, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
I'm beat, calling it a day. see ya'll tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 08:39:14 PM
I'm beat, calling it a day. see ya'll tomorrow.
Good night Dean'O
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 08:48:59 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 08:57:28 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:07:10 PM
Can anyone compare the HN to something a little more mainstream I might have had?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
Made myself a Pizza Napoletana from scratch. Buon apetito!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/ac35ffaf421166af552bb246bf732681.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:12:09 PM
Can anyone compare the HN to something a little more mainstream I might have had?
Don't look at the light, Shank... He's Evil.

But seriously, I can't help you here. Haven't had an HN in a while but since you're not crazy about the MCIIs anyway, Room 101 may not be in your flavor profile.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:18:05 PM
Solid reasoning. Probably better ways to spend my money. I did really enjoy the G again today. I've had several over the years, and it's one that has grown on me. Thinking seriously about the Nubs before the mash is over.

What do you guys think is a good price on G robustos? I think $2 is probably OK. Not sure if they are available for that often (with a discount code, somewhere).

My only hesitation with the Nubs is the one review I read the guy said his 460 lasted nearly 2 hours. That's a little more than I'm usually willing to dedicate to a cigar. :)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:24:04 PM
Solid reasoning. Probably better ways to spend my money. I did really enjoy the G again today. I've had several over the years, and it's one that has grown on me. Thinking seriously about the Nubs before the mash is over.

What do you guys think is a good price on G robustos? I think $2 is probably OK. Not sure if they are available for that often (with a discount code, somewhere).

My only hesitation with the Nubs is the one review I read the guy said his 460 lasted nearly 2 hours. That's a little more than I'm usually willing to dedicate to a cigar. :)
I think the nubs are a good deal. They do take deceivingly long to smoke because of the thick ring guage. Couldn't tell you a good price for the Gs because I haven't bought them in forever. I think I paid $1.50 each for them in 2009, but I could just be talking out my ass. Dwgbryant can probably give you a better idea in the morning. I believe he smokes them regularly.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:29:53 PM
Cool.  The "cigarrillo" tins are on. They are the same size as the petit Corona at 4x38. Somehow I feel like the are smaller due to the name and the tin. Ha. They come to 1.26 ea. Im sure that is not that stellar a deal, tho.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:37:19 PM
Cool.  The "cigarrillo" tins are on. They are the same size as the petit Corona at 4x38. Somehow I feel like the are smaller due to the name and the tin. Ha. They come to 1.26 ea. Im sure that is not that stellar a deal, tho.
Are we still talking Gs?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:38:22 PM
Heh. Ya.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:42:01 PM
Heh. Ya.
Never mind, I found them. Same size as the Oliva Connecticut Reserve Petit Corona. The only issue is that it's a large quantity.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:44:10 PM
Ya. Slightly cheaper per cigar. More of em. Ha. I just wonder how them being so much smaller affects the taste..
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:44:23 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 27, 2017, 09:45:42 PM
@shank, did you see this?   I have no idea if these are a good deal or a bad deal I don't smoke either of them.

http://www.cigarpage.com/dead-letters-o-and-g-turned-to-alphabet-soup.html
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:46:28 PM
My advice would be to slow down. From what I can tell, you like Oliva and are meh on Room101. Smoke what you bought down, maybe save a few for aging, and be patient. New deals come all the time.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 09:47:11 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:49:02 PM
Ya. Slightly cheaper per cigar. More of em. Ha. I just wonder how them being so much smaller affects the taste..
You will really taste the wrapper which is arguably the most flavorful leaf. A lot of the guys on here, including me, enjoy the smaller ring guages for that reason. Plus, I'd personally rather smoke two smaller cigars than one big one.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:49:40 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
You enabling bastard.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:53:44 PM
Tony: Ya. I should slow down. I keep telling myself it's the last order until I smoke what I've got. Buying is in some ways more fun than smoking. You are right, though.  I've enjoyed most Olivas. The least favorite of what I've had since revisiting cigars have been 101s. I'd probably buy the Gs if not for another $~65 or so. Ya. I'm outta control haha.

TexRed: I did check it out. Nothing that was particlarly enticing price-wise.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 09:54:23 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good
What were your thoughts on the Drew Estate Liga Privada Papi Chulo?
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 09:55:54 PM
I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: sfish on January 27, 2017, 10:24:03 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good
What were your thoughts on the Drew Estate Liga Privada Papi Chulo?
Papas Fritas? Have you been drinking? I like them but the Tats are my favorite small cigar by far
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:24:44 PM
I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.
That happens sometimes. Haven't had a Gran Habano in a long time but tastes change too.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:25:28 PM
Room 101 HN Papi Chulo boxes $89.99 CI flash sale
I thought you were on a buying hiatus?
I'm not buying them, truth be told I'm not a fan of the HN series. The MCII's are a superior cigar IMO, just throwing it out for the HN fans
Best cigar out there that size IMO are the Tat Petit Cazadores, no real contest although the Chupa Cabra was very good
What were your thoughts on the Drew Estate Liga Privada Papi Chulo?
Papas Fritas? Have you been drinking? I like them but the Tats are my favorite small cigar by far
I knew it didn't look right.  Hahaha.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 10:33:49 PM
I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.
That happens sometimes. Haven't had a Gran Habano in a long time but tastes change too.

Ya. I can't remember what all I had once upon a time. The 3 Siglos was a staple for a while for me. THen they switched to the 3 SLS, which I hadn't had. Of this sampler I've had the Corojo 5, the connie, and the Aztec. None were quite what I hoped.

The La Palina Classic I just fired up IS quite nice, though!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:42:27 PM

I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.
That happens sometimes. Haven't had a Gran Habano in a long time but tastes change too.

Ya. I can't remember what all I had once upon a time. The 3 Siglos was a staple for a while for me. THen they switched to the 3 SLS, which I hadn't had. Of this sampler I've had the Corojo 5, the connie, and the Aztec. None were quite what I hoped.

The La Palina Classic I just fired up IS quite nice, though!

I enjoy the La Palinas too but they're a bit pricey. I gave up on Gran Habano a while back. I think I still have an old 3 Siglos hidden somewhere and I'll put it on my short list.  😉
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 10:48:59 PM

I've got plenty to smoke and enjoy. Nearly all my stash right now is quality stuff. Worst of the lot are probably the Gran Habano samplers.  I remembered the line being better than it is.
That happens sometimes. Haven't had a Gran Habano in a long time but tastes change too.

Ya. I can't remember what all I had once upon a time. The 3 Siglos was a staple for a while for me. THen they switched to the 3 SLS, which I hadn't had. Of this sampler I've had the Corojo 5, the connie, and the Aztec. None were quite what I hoped.

The La Palina Classic I just fired up IS quite nice, though!

I enjoy the La Palinas too but they're a bit pricey. I gave up on Gran Habano a while back. I think I still have an old 3 Siglos hidden somewhere and I'll put it on my short list.  😉

I picked up this fiver a week or so ago for 17.50 at the encouragement of banterers. Sometimes ya gotta treat yo' self! Haha
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 10:54:54 PM

[...]

$3.50 each is a great deal.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 10:59:21 PM

[...]

Had I known they were this good I'd have bought 2!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:00:41 PM
...hah.... there I go. There will be others. :) I still have soooo many I haven't even tried or have had only 1 or 2 of...
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:03:18 PM
Alright, I'm putting it in writing so it's binding: no buying cigars for "a while." I've got plenty to work with for now. :)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:18:54 PM
Alright, I'm putting it in writing so it's binding: no buying cigars for "a while." I've got plenty to work with for now. :)
I'll believe it when I see it.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:25:10 PM
Alright, I'm putting it in writing so it's binding: no buying cigars for "a while." I've got plenty to work with for now. :)
I'll believe it when I see it.

I HAVE held off on both the $4 Laranjas and the G shorties... It's a good thing the V double robo tubos are gone, though, or I'd probably have a third box of those coming. Wedding buddy (who is in Canada) was asking about sending him cigars today. He's who I had the second box in mind for. Not sure I'll give him the box, but I will be taking a selection when I head up for his bach.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:26:19 PM
Oh, and the Nub cammies. If I can get through another 35 minutes I won't have to worry about relieving myself of another $42 to famous for now...  ::)
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
Oh, and the Nub cammies. If I can get through another 35 minutes I won't have to worry about relieving myself of another $42 to famous for now...  ::)
Stand strong, brother.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:32:59 PM
Lol. I'm already waffling. But will they show up again??? WILL THEY? Is this moment a once-in-a-lifetime event! Hah! The cigar marketing is some of the best around, IMO. They do a great job at creating urgency!!!!
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:47:53 PM
Lol. I'm already waffling. But will they show up again??? WILL THEY? Is this moment a once-in-a-lifetime event! Hah! The cigar marketing is some of the best around, IMO. They do a great job at creating urgency!!!!

Nah. I can pass on fat ring gauge long smokes. ;) I think it does me better to look in the humi for what I can smoke next rather than what I should buy next. lol
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 27, 2017, 11:48:50 PM
Lol. I'm already waffling. But will they show up again??? WILL THEY? Is this moment a once-in-a-lifetime event! Hah! The cigar marketing is some of the best around, IMO. They do a great job at creating urgency!!!!
No joke. Just trust that a good deal will always be forthcoming.
Title: Re: 1/27/2017
Post by: shank on January 27, 2017, 11:54:04 PM
Now, when these tubos show, should I loosen the caps when I put em in the humi, or leave em as is?