CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 22, 2014, 12:00:06 AM

Title: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on November 22, 2014, 12:00:06 AM
Don't be a turkey!  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a beverage of your choice and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 12:21:49 AM
Nobody here either, think the mother ship has picked up all the stragglers.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 12:38:39 AM
Nobody here either, think the mother ship has picked up all the stragglers.
Hey Johnny, hope all is well.  I've had a chill in my bones all day.  Hope I'm not coming down with something.  So don't be offended but I'm gonna call it a night.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: SLY on November 22, 2014, 12:44:42 AM
Nobody here either, think the mother ship has picked up all the stragglers.
Hey Johnny, hope all is well.  I've had a chill in my bones all day.  Hope I'm not coming down with something.  So don't be offended but I'm gonna call it a night.
Goodnight, Tony.  Hope you feel better.
Earlier, after I was on for a bit with Scott, CB and 2H, my phone started flipping out and kept me from responding ... so my apologies, guys. P P P P P
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 12:45:46 AM
Nobody here either, think the mother ship has picked up all the stragglers.
Hey Johnny, hope all is well.  I've had a chill in my bones all day.  Hope I'm not coming down with something.  So don't be offended but I'm gonna call it a night.
No offence taken, Tony, probably headed that way myself soon.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 01:36:52 AM
I gave up on them next door, just gonna wait here for Chip.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:06:42 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:08:31 AM
Today is Saturday, Nov. 22, the 326th day of 2014. There are 39 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:09:10 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Nov. 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated while riding in a motorcade in Dallas; Texas Gov. John B. Connally, in the same open car as the president, was seriously wounded. Suspected gunman Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:09:59 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:13:21 AM
1718, English pirate Edward Teach — better known as "Blackbeard" — was killed during a battle off present-day North Carolina.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:13:49 AM
1862, Giuseppe Verdi's opera "La Forza del Destino" had its world premiere in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:14:18 AM
In 1914, the First Battle of Ypres during World War I ended with an Allied victory against Germany.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:15:31 AM
In 1928, "Bolero" by Maurice Ravel (rah-VEL') had its premiere at the Paris Opera.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:16:20 AM
In 1935, a flying boat, the China Clipper, took off from Alameda, California, carrying more than 100,000 pieces of mail on the first trans-Pacific airmail flight.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:16:53 AM
In 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Chinese leader Chiang Kai-shek (chang ky-shehk) met in Cairo to discuss measures for defeating Japan. Lyricist Lorenz Hart died in New York at age 48.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:17:35 AM
1954, the Humane Society of the United States was incorporated as the National Humane Society.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:18:01 AM
In 1965, the musical "Man of La Mancha" opened on Broadway.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:18:26 AM
In 1967, the U.N. Security Council approved Resolution 242, which called for Israel to withdraw from territories it had captured the previous June, and implicitly called on adversaries to recognize Israel's right to exist.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:19:56 AM
In 1975, Juan Carlos was proclaimed King of Spain.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:20:24 AM
In 1989, Rene Mouawad was killed by a bomb after only 17 days as president of Lebanon.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:21:06 AM
In 1990, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, having failed to win re-election of the Conservative Party leadership on the first ballot, announced her resignation.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:21:54 AM
Ten years ago: Tens of thousands of demonstrators jammed downtown Kiev, denouncing Ukraine's presidential runoff election as fraudulent and chanting the name of their reformist candidate, Viktor Yushchenko, who ended up winning a revote the following month. Iran said it had frozen all uranium enrichment programs; President George W. Bush said he hoped the statement was true but added, "there must be verification."
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:25:03 AM
Five years ago: Iran said it had begun large-scale air defense war games aimed at protecting its nuclear facilities from attack. Michael Jackson posthumously won four American Music Awards; Taylor Swift was named artist of the year; Adam Lambert's sexually provocative performance drew complaints.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:25:28 AM
One year ago: On the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the city of Dallas paused to honor the fallen leader.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:26:21 AM
Today's Birthdays: Movie director Arthur Hiller is 91. Actor Robert Vaughn is 82. Actor Michael Callan is 79. Actor Allen Garfield is 75. Animator and movie director Terry Gilliam is 74. Actor Tom Conti is 73. Singer Jesse Colin Young is 73. Astronaut Guion Bluford is 72. International Tennis Hall of Famer Billie Jean King is 71. Rock musician-actor Steve Van Zandt (a.k.a. Little Steven) is 64. Rock musician Tina Weymouth (The Heads; Talking Heads; The Tom Tom Club) is 64. Retired MLB All-Star Greg Luzinski is 64. Rock musician Lawrence Gowan is 58. Actor Richard Kind is 58. Actress Jamie Lee Curtis is 56. Alt-country singer Jason Ringenberg (Jason & the Scorchers) is 56. Actress Mariel Hemingway is 53. Actor Winsor Harmon is 51. Actor-turned-producer Brian Robbins is 51. Actor Stephen Geoffreys is 50. Rock musician Charlie Colin is 48. Actor Nicholas Rowe is 48. Actor Michael K. Williams is 48. Actor Mark Ruffalo is 47. International Tennis Hall of Famer Boris Becker is 47. Country musician Chris Fryar (Zac Brown Band) is 44. Actor Josh Cooke is 35. Actor-singer Tyler Hilton is 31. Actress Scarlett Johansson is 30. Actor Jamie Campbell Bower is 26. Singer Candice Glover is 25. Actor Alden Ehrenreich is 25.

Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:28:16 AM
Thought for Today: "Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals." — Dorothy Height, American civil rights activist (1912-2010).

Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 04:30:22 AM
The Jar
-------------------------

Take Care of the Big Rocks First A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him.

When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, rocks about 2" in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full? They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks.
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous - yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar - effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, and your children - Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your house, and your car.
The sand is everything else. The small stuff."

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the rocks first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 05:34:35 AM
Sheesh time.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 05:43:41 AM
Morning Chip.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 05:58:27 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 06:09:45 AM
Morning LSU & Golf.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 06:09:49 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 06:16:33 AM
Morning LSU & Golf.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 06:17:46 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
Pack up the family and move down south, it looks like Dean is getting plenty of smokes in.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 06:23:28 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
I had the first one in about 10 days yesterday myself.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 06:24:18 AM
Got some heavy storms and rain predicted for here today.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 06:31:08 AM
Got some heavy storms and rain predicted for here today.
My mother said it was going to be bad there today and coming my way tonight and Sunday, good side is I should have a quiet day at work Sunday.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 06:33:30 AM
Got some heavy storms and rain predicted for here today.
My mother said it was going to be bad there today and coming my way tonight and Sunday, good side is I should have a quiet day at work Sunday.
Nice to get a quiet day at work.  What you got lined up for entertainment today?

I guess your Mother is ready to get home by now.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 06:34:34 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 06:34:56 AM
Good Saturday morning Chip, Dave and Dave!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 06:36:00 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 06:36:46 AM
Good Saturday morning Chip, Dave and Dave!
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 06:37:44 AM
Got some heavy storms and rain predicted for here today.
My mother said it was going to be bad there today and coming my way tonight and Sunday, good side is I should have a quiet day at work Sunday.
Nice to get a quiet day at work.  What you got lined up for entertainment today?

I guess your Mother is ready to get home by now.
She emailed this morning and she said she is so ready to head back home Tuesday morning.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 06:39:10 AM
Good Saturday morning Chip, Dave and Dave!
Welcome Home Travellin Dave.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 06:39:38 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
She has vision back now in her left eye and is getting around with out her walker so she is happy to be getting back to her new normal.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 06:40:20 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 06:40:33 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
She has vision back now in her left eye and is getting around with out her walker so she is happy to be getting back to her new normal.
Good news, indeed.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 06:48:41 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
She has vision back now in her left eye and is getting around with out her walker so she is happy to be getting back to her new normal.
Good news, indeed.
+1
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 06:52:11 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
She has vision back now in her left eye and is getting around with out her walker so she is happy to be getting back to her new normal.
Good news, indeed.
+1
+1 Absolutely.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:22:16 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 07:29:27 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:35:24 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
You're just surrounded by smart asses, aren't you... lol.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:37:52 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
That reminds me though, have to get two propane tanks filled today.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 07:39:21 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
That reminds me though, have to get two propane tanks filled today.
We assume you will fill them with Cruzan!  :)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 07:41:48 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
You're just surrounded by smart asses, aren't you... lol.
Hah, smart asses - around here surely not?  I got a fire pit on the patio but not worth a crap if the wind is blowing and here when it is cold the wind is usually blowing.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 07:43:34 AM
While at home this week Dave you should shoot for 5 Turkey's for Thanksgiving.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 07:45:04 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
+1
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 07:48:51 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
You're just surrounded by smart asses, aren't you... lol.
Seems like it sometimes. ;)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:50:54 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
That reminds me though, have to get two propane tanks filled today.
We assume you will fill them with Cruzan!  :)
Nah, don't do much rum in the winter.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:52:04 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 08:02:42 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
Going to my parents house for dinner, then to the wife's aunt's house for dessert. You have any plans with the kids?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on November 22, 2014, 08:10:56 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
We are all coming to your house, don't you remenber inviting us?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:20:25 AM
Morning Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Been 10 days since I've had a cigar. I feel like I should be in some support meeting.
My sympathies to you sir!  Weather, busy, or out of sorts?
Just weather, been too damned cold to be outside. Supposed to warm up for a couple days starting today, but I'll be at the Cavs game tonight, so I probably won't have one until tomorrow. We'll see what time I get home tonight. I may have to have a corona, just to have one.
Isn't that what the Cruzan is for?  Warm things up a bit?
That's the same thing Jen said. And I'll tell you the same thing I told her - just because my belly is warm doesn't mean my skin isn't wanting to crack and peel off.
That reminds me though, have to get two propane tanks filled today.
We assume you will fill them with Cruzan!  :)
Nah, don't do much rum in the winter.
I see Rum only as a very warm weather drink.  Give me brown whiskey and single malt whisky for cold weather.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:21:11 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
We are all coming to your house, don't you remenber inviting us?
We already bought plane tickets to Jersey
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:25:31 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
In reality we are empty nesters staying at home and very happy not to travel.  I have traveled every Holiday for the past 6 years and it is no fun regardless of whether you fly or drive.  Our son was home last weekend and we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner together but we will smoke a turkey on Thursday.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:30:27 AM
NJDave's for Thanksgiving?  I'm in.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:30:49 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:32:56 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
In reality we are empty nesters staying at home and very happy not to travel.  I have traveled every Holiday for the past 6 years and it is no fun regardless of whether you fly or drive.  Our son was home last weekend and we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner together but we will smoke a turkey on Thursday.
Might I suggest eating the turkey and smoking a cigar?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 08:38:34 AM
I have the cigars and beverages covered, but eating will be slim pickings.  Son #1 is going to Michigan with his in-laws, daughter and son #2 in Clemson with their mother so not much happening here.  Three kids will be home for Christmas.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:39:41 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Good Saturday Soccerless? Morning Tony.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 08:40:05 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
In reality we are empty nesters staying at home and very happy not to travel.  I have traveled every Holiday for the past 6 years and it is no fun regardless of whether you fly or drive.  Our son was home last weekend and we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner together but we will smoke a turkey on Thursday.
"Desolation" nester, so Thanksgiving is not the holiday it used to be.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 08:40:56 AM
Feeling better today Tony?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:41:57 AM
I have the cigars and beverages covered, but eating will be slim pickings.  Son #1 is going to Michigan with his in-laws, daughter and son #2 in Clemson with their mother so not much happening here.  Three kids will be home for Christmas.
Be plenty happening when we all get there!  I already bought a turkey and can pick up a nice smoked ham, wife will cook up some good southern cornbread dressing you just keep the cigars lit and booze flowing!  Maybe Chip could bring up some nice oyster dressing too.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 08:45:05 AM
NJDave's for Thanksgiving?  I'm in.
Better buy another turkey, Dave. Morning Tony.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:45:39 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
In reality we are empty nesters staying at home and very happy not to travel.  I have traveled every Holiday for the past 6 years and it is no fun regardless of whether you fly or drive.  Our son was home last weekend and we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner together but we will smoke a turkey on Thursday.
Might I suggest eating the turkey and smoking a cigar?
Your suggestion will be honored, hopefully someone will suggest drinking spirits.  Actually a large morning consumption of Bloody Mary's beginning about 9:00 a.m. Is a long running tradition at our house followed by  a bottle of wine for every 2 people with Thanksgiving lunch then sleep it off.  And for me a couple of cigars in there with one after the nap.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:46:44 AM
I have the cigars and beverages covered, but eating will be slim pickings.  Son #1 is going to Michigan with his in-laws, daughter and son #2 in Clemson with their mother so not much happening here.  Three kids will be home for Christmas.
Honestly don't know yet what's going on for Thanksgiving.  We always spend it with my mother-in-law and her sister but don't know if they'll be here or we'll go there.   I'm guessing their house since she always makes the turkey and I'd have to pick up the three of them (turkey too) since no one drives.  I think my wife has been trying to get me to commit to which side dishes I will be preparing but I've been avoiding her.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 08:48:16 AM
Good mornin gents!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:49:12 AM
So who's going where for Thanksgiving?
In reality we are empty nesters staying at home and very happy not to travel.  I have traveled every Holiday for the past 6 years and it is no fun regardless of whether you fly or drive.  Our son was home last weekend and we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner together but we will smoke a turkey on Thursday.
"Desolation" nester, so Thanksgiving is not the holiday it used to be.
Actually Thanksgiving is my son's favorite holiday and we all still enjoy it.  Just this year things did not come together because of his school and our schedules.  His finals start Monday after Thanksgiving and we are going to Charleston the week after that.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:50:27 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:52:24 AM
Feeling better today Tony?
Yes, thank you.  Gonna try to take it easy today.  If it warms up, I'll start putting Christmas decorations up tomorrow.  The one douche neighbor (the rest are all very cool) has had his up since the day after Halloween.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/22/ef42809a7d960f6ac8a225812ad5b0a9.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:53:58 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Good Saturday Soccerless? Morning Tony.
It sure is.  My eldest daughter has a school thing but it's another parent's turn to take them.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 08:54:47 AM
Good mornin gents!
Time for Shaun's 4 Saturday morning posts. Hi and bye, Shaun!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
Feeling better today Tony?
Yes, thank you.  Gonna try to take it easy today.  If it warms up, I'll start putting Christmas decorations up tomorrow.  The one douche neighbor (the rest are all very cool) has had his up since the day after Halloween.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/22/ef42809a7d960f6ac8a225812ad5b0a9.jpg)
Chit I hate doing that but the Warden will be on my ass about it next Friday.  I luv Christmas lights just hate fuk'n with them myself.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 08:55:07 AM
Feeling better today Tony?
Yes, thank you.  Gonna try to take it easy today.  If it warms up, I'll start putting Christmas decorations up tomorrow.  The one douche neighbor (the rest are all very cool) has had his up since the day after Halloween.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/22/ef42809a7d960f6ac8a225812ad5b0a9.jpg)
Bastiges.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:55:33 AM
NJDave's for Thanksgiving?  I'm in.
Better buy another turkey, Dave. Morning Tony.
Ouch.  Why do you aim so low?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:55:53 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Good Saturday Soccerless? Morning Tony.
It sure is.  My eldest daughter has a school thing but it's another parent's turn to take them.
And even if you went you would not have to stand out in the freezing rain!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 08:56:27 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 08:56:53 AM
Good mornin gents!
Time for Shaun's 4 Saturday morning posts. Hi and bye, Shaun!
Ohh bite me LeBron!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 08:58:11 AM
I'm off all this week so will get all the Christmas stuff up.  Probably do outside tomorrow as it will be a bit warmer.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:59:10 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 08:59:26 AM
Good mornin gents!
Hi Shaun.  Playing with your wood this weekend?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:01:39 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:01:56 AM
Good mornin gents!
Hi Shaun.  Playing with your wood this weekend?
Didn't you mean to say his Woody?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:02:58 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:03:14 AM
Good mornin gents!
Hi Shaun.  Playing with your wood this weekend?
Damn right - love it! ;)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:03:50 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Free tickets to Detroit residents - I can only imagine the type of people who will be at that game, haha.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 09:03:56 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Yeah, so we will have two Monday night games.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
Good mornin gents!
Hi Shaun.  Playing with your wood this weekend?
Didn't you mean to say his Woody?
Not interested.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 09:05:49 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Free tickets to Detroit residents - I can only imagine the type of people who will be at that game, haha.
Wonder if they'll be doing a needle exchange and food pantry too?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 22, 2014, 09:07:25 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
She has vision back now in her left eye and is getting around with out her walker so she is happy to be getting back to her new normal.
Good news, indeed.
+1
+1 Absolutely.
and an Amen to that.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:08:09 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Free tickets to Detroit residents - I can only imagine the type of people who will be at that game, haha.
Wonder if they'll be doing a needle exchange and food pantry too?
At least make them bring a canned good or something ;)  Security costs will probably be at an all time high
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:08:53 AM
Your mom continue to do well Chip?
She has vision back now in her left eye and is getting around with out her walker so she is happy to be getting back to her new normal.
Good news, indeed.
+1
+1 Absolutely.
and an Amen to that.
+1 Great news Chip!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:09:28 AM
Some slouch college games this week.  Ole Miss vs AR should be a good game and MO vs TN could be good, especially if TN wins! LA Tech could cinch the C-USA West championship today but that just means they will get killed by Marshall in the championship game.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 22, 2014, 09:09:33 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
vikings did the same a few years back when the Dome collapsed from heavy snow.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:10:53 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Free tickets to Detroit residents - I can only imagine the type of people who will be at that game, haha.
Wonder if they'll be doing a needle exchange and food pantry too?
At least make them bring a canned good or something ;)  Security costs will probably be at an all time high
LMAO.  I just read this morning that the Chinese are buying up the cheap real estate in The Detroit area.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 22, 2014, 09:11:37 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Free tickets to Detroit residents - I can only imagine the type of people who will be at that game, haha.
74,000 white rappers.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 09:12:18 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
vikings did the same a few years back when the Dome collapsed from heavy snow.
Oh yeah, I remember that.  Good morning, David.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:12:58 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 22, 2014, 09:13:35 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
vikings did the same a few years back when the Dome collapsed from heavy snow.
Oh yeah, I remember that.  Good morning, David.
good morning sock puppet master.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:13:40 AM
Some slouch college games this week.  Ole Miss vs AR should be a good game and MO vs TN could be good, especially if TN wins! LA Tech could cinch the C-USA West championship today but that just means they will get killed by Marshall in the championship game.
Damn Marshall!  Side note, watched the ESPN 30for30, Rand University, about Randy Moss - really awesome.

NDSU needs a win today, should clinch the #1 or #2 spot in FCS and home-field throughout the playoffs.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:14:11 AM
Should be a good game for the Gophers today Oy.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:14:12 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
vikings did the same a few years back when the Dome collapsed from heavy snow.
But that was 6miles away, not 1,000 ;)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 09:14:15 AM
Time to find some grub.  See you all in a little.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:14:44 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
Free tickets to Detroit residents - I can only imagine the type of people who will be at that game, haha.
Wonder if they'll be doing a needle exchange and food pantry too?
At least make them bring a canned good or something ;)  Security costs will probably be at an all time high
LMAO.  I just read this morning that the Chinese are buying up the cheap real estate in The Detroit area.
Mmmm, I haven't had good chinese in a while - that might be on the menu today!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:15:44 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
Time to find some grub.  See you all in a little.
See ya Tony!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 09:18:27 AM
NJDave's for Thanksgiving?  I'm in.
Better buy another turkey, Dave. Morning Tony.
Ouch.  Why do you aim so low?
Cause I can't dream to aim any higher.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:18:38 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 09:19:38 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
And nowhere in any of those articles did it mention Cleveland as a place for the game. I wonder why that is, Browns are in ATL this week.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 09:19:59 AM
Time to find some grub.  See you all in a little.
THAT'S why. ;)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:21:27 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
There are always things she could do to make me compromise my ways  ;D
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:22:23 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
And nowhere in any of those articles did it mention Cleveland as a place for the game. I wonder why that is, Browns are in ATL this week.
Ferguson High School wasn't mentioned either...  Who am I kidding, no one even goes to high school in Ferguson!  ;)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:22:52 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
And nowhere in any of those articles did it mention Cleveland as a place for the game. I wonder why that is, Browns are in ATL this week.
Heck, if they have to relocate, you would think they would do Florida or Arizona.... Detroit seems like adding insult to injury.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:24:33 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
There are always things she could do to make me compromise my ways  ;D
Now you're thinking... hang the stockings a little early too!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:28:03 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
There are always things she could do to make me compromise my ways  ;D
Now you're thinking... hang the stockings a little early too!
Hope when she bends over she doesn't take a stocking to the face.
Homework is all done for the weekend and no class this coming week - not sure what to do with myself!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 09:34:44 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
There are always things she could do to make me compromise my ways  ;D
Tryin' to spill some of your eggnog, huh?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:36:40 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
There are always things she could do to make me compromise my ways  ;D
Tryin' to spill some of your eggnog, huh?
My sweet goodness!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on November 22, 2014, 09:36:58 AM
Well, I am out for now - have a good weekend gents!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 09:37:22 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Sheesh, getting tough there.
There are always things she could do to make me compromise my ways  ;D
Tryin' to spill some of your eggnog, huh?
My sweet goodness!
Hey, call it whatever you want.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:37:28 AM
Good mornin gents!
Morning CG, nice to see you drop in on a Saturday and visit with the elderly.

You going to Travellin Dave's house for Thanksgiving?
He must have lost my invite in the mail ;)  Workin for an hour or so until it's workbench time!
Show up anyway!  Tony is making plenty of side dishes.  Perhaps a few ducks and pheasants would add some flare too.
Mmmm, I could bring the wild game!
Oysters and game.  Sounds like some nice additions to the menu.
Good mornin Dave and all you other fine gents.  Wife was asking about putting the tree up yesterday, I told her she can do it whenever she wants, but I don't help before Thanksgiving :)
Yeah sure tough nuts we hear ya talking!   Warden does inside I do outside always been that way here.  I do drink egg nog (whoo luv that Old St Nick egg nog at Christmas) and supervise inside.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 09:38:20 AM
Well, I am out for now - have a good weekend gents!
Later, Santa.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:40:52 AM
Couldn't get Buffalo shoveled out so game moved to Detroit.  First time I remember hearing about something like that.
And nowhere in any of those articles did it mention Cleveland as a place for the game. I wonder why that is, Browns are in ATL this week.
Ferguson High School wasn't mentioned either...  Who am I kidding, no one even goes to high school in Ferguson!  ;)
They will all be busy rioting, nobody available to sell beverages.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:44:05 AM
Well, I am out for now - have a good weekend gents!
Later, Santa.
Have a good one.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:54:12 AM
Found a package at my door this morning and opened up my 20 Murcielagos, from the mash!  Some very nice $2.75 cigars after the Catsrule.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on November 22, 2014, 10:09:35 AM
Should be a good game for the Gophers today Oy.
Big Ten teams ain't no joke this year.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 10:30:59 AM
Found a package at my door this morning and opened up my 20 Murcielagos, from the mash!  Some very nice $2.75 cigars after the Catsrule.
Always a nice surprise.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 10:52:29 AM
Good morning gents...!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 10:55:21 AM
Good morning, BD.  Tell us a story, we need a jumpstart.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 10:59:00 AM
Good morning, BD.  Tell us a story, we need a jumpstart.
Amen we need a story today, Dean is at the carnival all day so he will have plenty tomorrow but we need one today!  Where you been, preparing to riot or building a fort?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 11:01:23 AM
Good morning, BD.  Tell us a story, we need a jumpstart.
I babysat for 12 hours yesterday, and I couldn't hardly get out of bed this morning.  I had to force myself out of bed in order to take a pain pill... ugh.. :)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 11:20:55 AM
I've gotta take daughter#2 to the doctor.  She's got an ear ache.  Maybe I'll have a story when I get back.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 11:26:00 AM
I've gotta take daughter#2 to the doctor.  She's got an ear ache.  Maybe I'll have a story when I get back.
Hoping it's not a "you're not gonna believe what they pulled out of there" story.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 22, 2014, 11:26:16 AM
I've gotta take daughter#2 to the doctor.  She's got an ear ache.  Maybe I'll have a story when I get back.
Hoping it's not a "you're not gonna believe what they pulled out of there" story.
In fact, I'm hoping the same thing about BD's story.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 11:28:32 AM
I've gotta take daughter#2 to the doctor.  She's got an ear ache.  Maybe I'll have a story when I get back.
I hope she's ok... I used to get ear aches all of the time until I figured out that water was getting into my ears when I would take a shower.  I finally bought some ear plugs, and have used them for about 25 years now..
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 11:29:06 AM
I've gotta take daughter#2 to the doctor.  She's got an ear ache.  Maybe I'll have a story when I get back.
Hopefully it will be an everything is fine put these drops in for 3 days kind of story.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 11:31:43 AM
Wednesday my granddaughter was in school, so I'm watching the 3 year old.  We're watching our favorite program, "Thomas the Train."  The living room is nice and clean, and he's sitting in trance watching the program.  I'm laying on the couch and I dose off for 10 minutes.  I opened my eyes and living room is so full of toys I couldn't even walk in the room.  I had to move toys out of the way just to get up off of the couch....  YIKES...!!!!  I think he brough out every toy he owned.  Babysitting is allot of fun.. (and work.) :)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 11:37:11 AM
Wednesday my granddaughter was in school, so I'm watching the 3 year old.  We're watching our favorite program, "Thomas the Train."  The living room is nice and clean, and he's sitting in trance watching the program.  I'm laying on the couch and I dose off for 10 minutes.  I opened my eyes and living room is so full of toys I couldn't even walk in the room.  I had to move toys out of the way just to get up off of the couch....  YIKES...!!!!  I think he brough out every toy he owned.  Babysitting is allot of fun.. (and work.) :)
Better than him trying to see what a turd does in th microwave. ;D
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 11:37:58 AM
I've gotta take daughter#2 to the doctor.  She's got an ear ache.  Maybe I'll have a story when I get back.
Hoping it's not a "you're not gonna believe what they pulled out of there" story.
In fact, I'm hoping the same thing about BD's story.
LMFAO
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 12:02:59 PM
Wednesday my granddaughter was in school, so I'm watching the 3 year old.  We're watching our favorite program, "Thomas the Train."  The living room is nice and clean, and he's sitting in trance watching the program.  I'm laying on the couch and I dose off for 10 minutes.  I opened my eyes and living room is so full of toys I couldn't even walk in the room.  I had to move toys out of the way just to get up off of the couch....  YIKES...!!!!  I think he brough out every toy he owned.  Babysitting is allot of fun.. (and work.) :)
Better than him trying to see what a turd does in th microwave. ;D
He didn't finish...
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 12:04:46 PM
Sitting here in the waiting room.  I don't think my daughter is sick at all.  She wasn't feeling well last night, they wrote her a prescription but wanted to see her today.  I think it's because we had a balance due.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 22, 2014, 12:31:25 PM
Sheesh, still in the waiting room.  WTF?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 12:41:28 PM
I was feeding my 3 year old grandson lunch yesterday.  He could sit in a booster seat, but I put him in his high chair so I can trap him in it.  He asked for some orange juice, so I put some into this sports type drink container with Spidermans head on it.  When I gave it to him is asked, "do you know where oranges come from...?"  He said, "from seeds..?"  I said, "No, they come from Florida..!"  Aaaa, no wait a minute, "your right, they do come from seeds.."  But they also come from Florida..  You know Mickey Mouse lives in Florida at Disney World...!  Also, Cape Canaveral is in Florida..  Aaaa wait, It's now called Cape Kennedy...  They shoot rockets there.  I took his juice bottle, and placed a little toy block on top of the bottle and explained that on top of the rocket was a space capsule that people could get into and take them into space.  I demonstrated how the rocket went to the Moon and the people got out of the capsule and walked on the moon... My grandson says, "what were their names...?"  WHAT...????  I go through this big explanation of the moon landing and he wants to know their name...  My mind goes blank..., and I'm starting to panic.  I'm thinking, "damn, trip up by a 3 year old.!!!" I can't believe I walked right into that..!  In a panic I say the only two name that I can think of, "I think it was Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin."  As soon as I get home I check on the internet, and I lucked out, I was right.  I'm telling you, "these 3 year olds are brutal..!!!"
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 12:48:09 PM
Sheesh, still in the waiting room.  WTF?
I asked Barry, "What do you think of Canadian Health Care...?"  He said, "The worst thing about Canadian Health Care, is the very long waits at the Emergency Rooms...!"  He said people have had to wait up to 4 hours to get in....
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 02:12:06 PM
Sheesh, still in the waiting room.  WTF?
Better call Obama.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 02:13:01 PM
Sheesh, still in the waiting room.  WTF?
I asked Barry, "What do you think of Canadian Health Care...?"  He said, "The worst thing about Canadian Health Care, is the very long waits at the Emergency Rooms...!"  He said people have had to wait up to 4 hours to get in....
Do here too at times
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 02:28:31 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 02:57:11 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 02:59:32 PM
Saw a discussion about Barry earlier, last I heard from him was on 8/22, nothing since.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 03:01:30 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Howdy BD, good seeing you today, don't let them little ones wear you down.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 03:12:32 PM
Saw a discussion about Barry earlier, last I heard from him was on 8/22, nothing since.
Yes, I miss hearing from him.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 03:14:48 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Howdy BD, good seeing you today, don't let them little ones wear you down.
I watched them for 12 hours yesterday, and I hardly had the strength to drive home and get into bed.  They're really good kids, but it's the picking them up and putting them down.  I also play with them allot, so I'm to blame too.. :)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 03:17:45 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Howdy BD, good seeing you today, don't let them little ones wear you down.
I watched them for 12 hours yesterday, and I hardly had the strength to drive home and get into bed.  They're really good kids, but it's the picking them up and putting them down.  I also play with them allot, so I'm to blame too.. :)
BD, we're not as young as we used to be,got to pace yourself.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 03:24:06 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Howdy BD, good seeing you today, don't let them little ones wear you down.
I watched them for 12 hours yesterday, and I hardly had the strength to drive home and get into bed.  They're really good kids, but it's the picking them up and putting them down.  I also play with them allot, so I'm to blame too.. :)
BD, we're not as young as we used to be,got to pace yourself.
I hear ya....  But my pace keeps getting slower and slower.  I remember hating those old fart driving slow on the highway, and now I find myself driving slower and slower too... ugh..!  Thank God for Fighting Cock Whiskey and cigars... :)
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Johnny on November 22, 2014, 03:35:33 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Howdy BD, good seeing you today, don't let them little ones wear you down.
I watched them for 12 hours yesterday, and I hardly had the strength to drive home and get into bed.  They're really good kids, but it's the picking them up and putting them down.  I also play with them allot, so I'm to blame too.. :)
BD, we're not as young as we used to be,got to pace yourself.
I hear ya....  But my pace keeps getting slower and slower.  I remember hating those old fart driving slow on the highway, and now I find myself driving slower and slower too... ugh..!  Thank God for Fighting Cock Whiskey and cigars... :)
Good talking with you BD, heading over to my buddy's house now, see y'all later.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on November 22, 2014, 03:36:34 PM
[...]
Later man...!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:43:17 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Rain?  You?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 07:45:06 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Good afternoon JR....  I'm just waiting to go babysit in awhile.  Not for long today thou.  Maybe 2 hours.
Howdy BD, good seeing you today, don't let them little ones wear you down.
I watched them for 12 hours yesterday, and I hardly had the strength to drive home and get into bed.  They're really good kids, but it's the picking them up and putting them down.  I also play with them allot, so I'm to blame too.. :)
Maybe I missed an earlier conversation or story, but do their parents ever watch them?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:32:36 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Rain?  You?
Not sure about Johnny but he should have gotten some by now, we have had over 2" and still raining up here.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: YAD on November 22, 2014, 08:41:45 PM
Evening gents.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: YAD on November 22, 2014, 08:54:46 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 08:58:19 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
More Dave's the better!  What area are you from Yet Another?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: YAD on November 22, 2014, 09:01:41 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
More Dave's the better!  What area are you from Yet Another?
Daily Banter of late, but live in Rockford, IL.  You from Utah, Redfish?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:15:07 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: YAD on November 22, 2014, 09:22:38 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Fratello on fire here.  How was the Tat Jeck?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on November 22, 2014, 09:24:58 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Fratello on fire here.  How was the Tat Jeck?
Is this the Dave mutual admiration society?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: YAD on November 22, 2014, 09:26:15 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Fratello on fire here.  How was the Tat Jeck?
Is this the Dave mutual admiration society?
Indeed, Master Breath.  There's one in every crowd, my friend.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:27:36 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
More Dave's the better!  What area are you from Yet Another?
Daily Banter of late, but live in Rockford, IL.  You from Utah, Redfish?
Dave from Central Texas
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:29:15 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Fratello on fire here.  How was the Tat Jeck?
Is this the Dave mutual admiration society?
Evening CB, little late for you old farts to be circulating isn't it?
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on November 22, 2014, 09:30:25 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Fratello on fire here.  How was the Tat Jeck?
Is this the Dave mutual admiration society?
Indeed, Master Breath.  There's one in every crowd, my friend.
Finishing up a Cain Hababo Robusto from CF part of OSD (Operation Smoke Down).
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 22, 2014, 09:30:34 PM
Afternoon Guys, slow lazy day here, waiting for the rain to move in later this afternoon.
Rain?  You?
Not sure about Johnny but he should have gotten some by now, we have had over 2" and still raining up here.
If you want to see how hard it is raining here just turn on the Baylor Game but it is also lightning like hell here headed that way.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: YAD on November 22, 2014, 09:33:29 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
More Dave's the better!  What area are you from Yet Another?
Daily Banter of late, but live in Rockford, IL.  You from Utah, Redfish?
Dave from Central Texas
another Dave??  That's fucking awesome!  Mikes beware!  You are seriously out numbered.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on November 22, 2014, 09:46:51 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
More Dave's the better!  What area are you from Yet Another?
Daily Banter of late, but live in Rockford, IL.  You from Utah, Redfish?
Dave from Central Texas
another Dave??  That's fucking awesome!  Mikes beware!  You are seriously out numbered.
Don't let Big Mike hear you say that.
Title: Re: 11/22/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 22, 2014, 09:49:57 PM
Evening gents.
Always room for another Dave, Welcome!
Thanks, Dave!  Anything burning?
Just finished a Tatuaje Jeckyll
Fratello on fire here.  How was the Tat Jeck?
Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't rave about it.  Pretty uniform toast, earth and cedar.  Not really my preferred profile.