CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 11, 2016, 12:00:48 AM

Title: 5/11/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on May 11, 2016, 12:00:48 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 02:11:24 AM
I'm glad you put a link for signatures FDA can suck my left nut. They wont even listen that premium cigars are not smoked by under age people and they have no idea how much research would cost for new cigar blends, its bullshit. So much is wrong with this It's Bureaucracy.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 02:12:18 AM
Hey got the link for alphas? I need to tattoo it to my forehead, thanks.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 11, 2016, 02:29:03 AM
Hey got the link for alphas? I need to tattoo it to my forehead, thanks.
Here ya go:  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/deal/speciala/
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 04:10:20 AM
Morning, all. Happy day of humping.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:11:40 AM
Morning Rick, CB and Mr. Tony.  Good to see Rick have some company today.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:12:13 AM
Morning LTG.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 06:13:48 AM
Morning Rick, CB and Mr. Tony.  Good to see Rick have some company today.
Good morning Dave and Dave.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:14:06 AM
Today is Wednesday, May 11, the 132nd day of 2016. There are 234 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On May 11, 1946, the first CARE packages, sent by a consortium of American charities to provide relief to the hungry of postwar Europe, arrived at Le Havre, France.

On this date:

In 1647, Peter Stuyvesant arrived in New Amsterdam to become governor of New Netherland.

In 1816, the American Bible Society was founded in New York.

In 1858, Minnesota became the 32nd state of the Union.

In 1927, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was founded during a banquet at the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.

In 1935, the Rural Electrification Administration was created as one of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal programs.

In 1945, the aircraft carrier USS Bunker Hill was attacked and severely damaged by two kamikaze aircraft off Okinawa; according to the U.S. Navy's website, 346 men were killed, 43 were left missing, and 264 were wounded.

In 1953, a tornado devastated Waco, Texas, claiming 114 lives.

In 1960, Israeli agents captured Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

In 1973, the espionage trial of Daniel Ellsberg and Anthony Russo in the "Pentagon Papers" case came to an end as Judge William M. Byrne dismissed all charges, citing government misconduct.

In 1981, legendary reggae artist Bob Marley died in a Miami hospital at age 36.

In 1985, 56 people died when a flash fire swept a jam-packed soccer stadium in Bradford, England.

In 1996, an Atlanta-bound ValuJet DC-9 caught fire shortly after takeoff from Miami and crashed into the Florida Everglades, killing all 110 people on board.

Ten years ago: Lawmakers demanded answers after a USA Today report that the National Security Agency was secretly collecting records of millions of ordinary Americans' phone calls; President George W. Bush sought to assure Americans their civil liberties were being "fiercely protected." A priest was convicted in Toledo, Ohio, of murdering a nun; the Rev. Gerald Robinson was immediately sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for the 1980 death of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl. (Robinson died in a prison hospice in 2014 at age 76.) Former heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson died in New Paltz, New York, at age 71.

Five years ago: Former hedge fund titan Raj Rajaratnam (rahj rah-juh-RUHT'-nuhm) was convicted by a federal jury in New York in an insider-trading case of five counts of conspiracy and nine of securities fraud. (Rajaratnam was sentenced to 11 years in prison.) Two earthquakes struck southern Spain in quick succession, killing at least nine people, injuring dozens and causing major damage to buildings.

One year ago: Joyce Hardin Garrard, the Alabama woman convicted of running her 9-year-old granddaughter, Savannah Hardin, to death as punishment for lying about candy, was sentenced by a judge in Gadsden to life in prison without the possibility of parole. The NFL came down hard on its biggest star and its championship team, suspending Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady for the first four games of the season, fining the New England Patriots $1 million and taking away two draft picks as punishment for deflating footballs used in the AFC title game.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:14:48 AM
Today's Birthdays: Comedian Mort Sahl is 89. Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan is 83. Jazz keyboardist Carla Bley is 80. Rock singer Eric Burdon (The Animals; War) is 75. Actress Shohreh Aghdashloo (SHOH'-reh ahg-DAHSH'-loo) is 64. Actress Frances Fisher is 64. Actor Boyd Gaines is 63. Country musician Mark Herndon (Alabama) is 61. Actress Martha Quinn is 57. Country singer-musician Tim Raybon (The Raybon Brothers) is 53. Actor Tim Blake Nelson is 52. Actor Jeffrey Donovan is 48. Country musician Keith West (Heartland) is 48. Actor Nicky Katt is 46. Actor Coby Bell is 41. Cellist Perttu Kivilaakso (PER'-tuh KEE'-wee-lahk-soh) is 38. Actor-singer Jonathan Jackson is 34. Rapper Ace Hood is 28. Musician Howard Lawrence (Disclosure) is 22.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:15:31 AM
Thought for Today: "Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it." - Irving Berlin, American songwriter (born this date in 1888, died 1989).
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:16:41 AM
And here's the top 5 from USAToday:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/11/5-things-you-need-to-know-wednesday/84135282/
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 06:18:50 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 06:19:24 AM
Morning LTG.
Morning Dave. Glad to see someone finally rolling in here!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 06:19:54 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 06:23:14 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
He may have a no compete clause.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:35:30 AM
I guess CI has given up on trying to do 5 alphabet deals per week....seems that four is going to be it.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 06:35:40 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
He may have a no compete clause.
I'll tell you what needs a no complete clause, it's these Four Kicks which have barely budged.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 06:40:34 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
Both lines are very good IMO, I enjoy them. Morning Dave
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:53:29 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
He may have a no compete clause.
I'll tell you what needs a no complete clause, it's these Four Kicks which have barely budged.
Four Kicks has never seemed to have gotten much love at CI or the Jams.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 06:53:51 AM
Morning Mr. Biebs.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 06:58:44 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
Both lines are very good IMO, I enjoy them. Morning Dave
In his other line, I'm much like Trump - I prefer the White over the Black.  8)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 06:59:18 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
He may have a no compete clause.
I'll tell you what needs a no complete clause, it's these Four Kicks which have barely budged.
Four Kicks has never seemed to have gotten much love at CI or the Jams.
They need to get some love from the plug-pulling algorithm.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 07:03:14 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 07:03:40 AM
Morning Blue, Golf, Travellin Dave & Fish.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 07:06:19 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Online White House petitions are a meaningless waste of time., not unusual for them to get a million or more signatures and nothing happens.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 07:06:29 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Put mine on there yesterday.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 07:07:22 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Online White House petitions are a meaningless waste of time., not unusual for them to get a million or more signatures and nothing happens.
I usually prefer to write my congressman, so that I can get a form letter back, and somehow end up on his e-mail distro list. Lol
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 07:08:00 AM
Look for more bundles and less boxes with your FDA Cigars.

NICARAGUA INTRODUCES NEW RESTRICTIONS ON WOOD PRODUCTION

http://halfwheel.com/nicaragua-introduces-new-restrictions-on-wood-production/114313

Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 07:10:30 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Online White House petitions are a meaningless waste of time., not unusual for them to get a million or more signatures and nothing happens.
Only effective tool is Lobbyists with bags of $$$$$.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 07:24:40 AM
Look for more bundles and less boxes with your FDA Cigars.

NICARAGUA INTRODUCES NEW RESTRICTIONS ON WOOD PRODUCTION

http://halfwheel.com/nicaragua-introduces-new-restrictions-on-wood-production/114313
That works for me, I've got too many empty boxes as it is.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 07:31:56 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Online White House petitions are a meaningless waste of time., not unusual for them to get a million or more signatures and nothing happens.
Not true!  Something always happens....you get on the mailing list for all sorts of propaganda and money requests from the party in the White House.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 07:35:17 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard! But first, don't forget to go sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry
Only have 5.846 of the 100,000 signatures needed.
Online White House petitions are a meaningless waste of time., not unusual for them to get a million or more signatures and nothing happens.
Not true!  Something always happens....you get on the mailing list for all sorts of propaganda and money requests from the party in the White House.
With this administration you get on the FEMA Camp Train list.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 07:36:13 AM
Time to get on the road to Charleston.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 07:37:51 AM
Look for more bundles and less boxes with your FDA Cigars.

NICARAGUA INTRODUCES NEW RESTRICTIONS ON WOOD PRODUCTION

http://halfwheel.com/nicaragua-introduces-new-restrictions-on-wood-production/114313
"Cedar trees can require as much as 55,000 gallons of water per tree per year."  (from the article)....So we're better off harvesting much of the cedar to help out in the drought!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 07:39:52 AM
Morning Blue, Golf, Travellin Dave & Fish.
Morning Tex
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 07:44:30 AM
Good morning, humpees.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 07:46:26 AM
Time to get on the road to Charleston.
Enjoy.  Try to find Charlestowne Tobacco and Wine or Club Habana, Smoking Lamp or Tinder Box.  Of course you know the restaurants....I always have to do Magnolia's....Circa 1886, Poogan's Porch, McCrady's, Oyster House and High Cotton are some of my fave's...although it's hard to go wrong.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 07:47:37 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 07:48:34 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
Both lines are very good IMO, I enjoy them. Morning Dave
In his other line, I'm much like Trump - I prefer the White over the Black.  8)
LOL
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 07:49:27 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
He's busy getting his fiddle fiddled around with.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 07:51:35 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
Can't fault a man for that. ;)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 08:08:05 AM
https://www.groupon.com/deals/say-it-with-a-condom
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 08:11:16 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
Can't fault a man for that. ;)
He knows I have to bust his chops. I'm glad he is happy.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 11, 2016, 08:42:26 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
been busy. no fiddling.
celebrated 32 years Monday. played some ugly golf. took a few clubs and putter in for new grips yesterday and got lost on the way home but I found a great little bar-b-que joint. autopsy report came in on my sister, drug overdose as I suspected. was on the phone with my brother and other sister. did a few extra meetings. cleaned my clubs and balls and organized my bag. booked two weeks at Anastasia State Park in July, truck in the garage again for 'service air bag'. whatever the fuck that's about. so now I sit and wait, smoke cigars and drink coffee. just a dull and boring life.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 11, 2016, 08:43:38 AM
good morning guys.
it's Hump Day!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 08:46:16 AM
Stopped by one of my local b&m's. He has a small humi with cheaper sticks and I said what are you doing with Sam Leccia luchadores in there and he said his projects fell through.
I like the Luchador, good smoke.
Both lines are very good IMO, I enjoy them. Morning Dave
In his other line, I'm much like Trump - I prefer the White over the Black.  8)
Haha, racist bastidge! I meant the 2 different Luchador releases
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 08:47:07 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
been busy. no fiddling.
celebrated 32 years Monday. played some ugly golf. took a few clubs and putter in for new grips yesterday and got lost on the way home but I found a great little bar-b-que joint. autopsy report came in on my sister, drug overdose as I suspected. was on the phone with my brother and other sister. did a few extra meetings. cleaned my clubs and balls and organized my bag. booked two weeks at Anastasia State Park in July, truck in the garage again for 'service air bag'. whatever the fuck that's about. so now I sit and wait, smoke cigars and drink coffee. just a dull and boring life.
Sucks Dean, sorry to hear it. Congrats on keeping your head above water through all that.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 08:48:37 AM
Morning Dean, biebs, Rick, and assorted Daves.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 08:50:04 AM
Time to get on the road to Charleston.
Enjoy.  Try to find Charlestowne Tobacco and Wine or Club Habana, Smoking Lamp or Tinder Box.  Of course you know the restaurants....I always have to do Magnolia's....Circa 1886, Poogan's Porch, McCrady's, Oyster House and High Cotton are some of my fave's...although it's hard to go wrong.
Nice enabling, ChamberofCommerceDave.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 08:53:22 AM
Dean congratulations on 32 years. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm always a phone call away. Your in my prayers.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 08:53:59 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 08:55:18 AM
Morning Dean, biebs, Rick, and assorted Daves.
Morning Mark
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 08:59:02 AM
Where has Dean been? He gets a lil squeeze and we become 2nd fiddle.
Exactly...fukkin' priorities all screwed up.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: bluecollar on May 11, 2016, 08:59:41 AM
Good night. Got the dentist when I wake. Take care all.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 09:01:44 AM
Time to get on the road to Charleston.
Enjoy.  Try to find Charlestowne Tobacco and Wine or Club Habana, Smoking Lamp or Tinder Box.  Of course you know the restaurants....I always have to do Magnolia's....Circa 1886, Poogan's Porch, McCrady's, Oyster House and High Cotton are some of my fave's...although it's hard to go wrong.
Nice enabling, ChamberofCommerceDave.
Have I steered you wrong yet?
Gotta do something with all this worthless travel knowledge built up over the years.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 09:04:54 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Yea, I got your bumpy root right here.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 09:07:57 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Interesting follow up to the first wave of pipe tobacco cigars...didn't think they were doing so well after the initial wave of curiosity to warrant a followup.  Kudos for trying something different.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 09:07:59 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Yea, I got your bumpy root right here.
I'll pass on both
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 09:08:23 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Yea, I got your bumpy root right here.
I'll pass on both
Indeed.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 09:09:14 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Yea, I got your bumpy root right here.
I'll pass on both
LALTS
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 09:09:17 AM
Scorchin' day on the Page...a three day scorcher at that!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 09:10:34 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Yea, I got your bumpy root right here.
I'll pass on both
Indeed.
TWSS.... :-[
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 09:20:39 AM
Scorchin' day on the Page...a three day scorcher at that!
Take that, 2-day jam!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 09:21:48 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Interesting follow up to the first wave of pipe tobacco cigars...didn't think they were doing so well after the initial wave of curiosity to warrant a followup.  Kudos for trying something different.
It's just not a good concept to me, either you want one or the other, not both combined
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 09:24:23 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Interesting follow up to the first wave of pipe tobacco cigars...didn't think they were doing so well after the initial wave of curiosity to warrant a followup.  Kudos for trying something different.
It's just not a good concept to me, either you want one or the other, not both combined
TWSS
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 09:46:59 AM
Continuing on the Leccia theme from earlier...

http://halfwheel.com/leccia-launching-bumpy-roots-small-batch-75/114353?utm_content=buffere9db0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Interesting follow up to the first wave of pipe tobacco cigars...didn't think they were doing so well after the initial wave of curiosity to warrant a followup.  Kudos for trying something different.
It's just not a good concept to me, either you want one or the other, not both combined
TWSS
I'm surprised to hear you say that
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 09:50:56 AM
Laranjas scorching
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 09:55:21 AM
Laranjas scorching
Missed 'em, which size?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 09:56:37 AM
Laranjas scorching
Was that a good price on those?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 10:05:36 AM
Laranjas scorching
Was that a good price on those?
Couldn't have been TOO good if you're asking
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:06:21 AM
Laranjas scorching
Was that a good price on those?
Couldn't have been TOO good if you're asking
Well, I've never shopped for them, so I have no idea what a good price is. It's a great smoke, however.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 10:08:27 AM
Laranjas scorching
Missed 'em, which size?
Was the toro.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 10:09:14 AM
Off to 3 1/2 hours straight of meetings.  Later.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:12:44 AM
Off to 3 1/2 hours straight of meetings.  Later.
Yikes. Eyes open!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:13:25 AM
I notice they've gone to 7 minutes on the scorcher deals. Bastiges.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:19:07 AM
I notice they've gone to 7 minutes on the scorcher deals. Bastiges.
Except this next deal started at 5 minutes. WTF?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:31:31 AM
ACME cigars? Must explode in your face after you light it.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 10:40:44 AM
ACME cigars? Must explode in your face after you light it.
Like the Buena Vistas?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:41:58 AM
ACME cigars? Must explode in your face after you light it.
Like the Buena Vistas?
Lol, still haven't had one of those. Maybe I will tonight if I get out. Though, easy money is on going to bed by 9.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on May 11, 2016, 10:45:01 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 10:49:35 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 10:50:38 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning Bret
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on May 11, 2016, 10:57:15 AM
Howdy, Scott and Dave. How are things out there in the East?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 11:09:49 AM
Howdy, Scott and Dave. How are things out there in the East?
(http://img.ifcdn.com/images/37fae7f3ee125833bd89c17e55cd7b45686d26c67cbebb2ba6c1292c7fd37d2b_1.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 11:20:56 AM
Howdy, Scott and Dave. How are things out there in the East?
(http://img.ifcdn.com/images/37fae7f3ee125833bd89c17e55cd7b45686d26c67cbebb2ba6c1292c7fd37d2b_1.jpg)
It's a party, like the one in Bill's shorts
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on May 11, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
Howdy, Scott and Dave. How are things out there in the East?
(http://img.ifcdn.com/images/37fae7f3ee125833bd89c17e55cd7b45686d26c67cbebb2ba6c1292c7fd37d2b_1.jpg)
If Bernie gets elected, we all get interns, don't we?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 11:23:18 AM
Howdy, Scott and Dave. How are things out there in the East?
(http://img.ifcdn.com/images/37fae7f3ee125833bd89c17e55cd7b45686d26c67cbebb2ba6c1292c7fd37d2b_1.jpg)
If Bernie gets elected, we all get interns, don't we?
I think only the top 1% have to share the bottom of their interns, or something like that.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 11:36:11 AM
Conference call training session now, so let's get this banter rolling!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 11:57:41 AM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 11, 2016, 12:04:56 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 12:14:46 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 11, 2016, 12:24:30 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
I was told by a Charlestonian that that is how a native to the region sees themself and the significance of Charleston.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 12:31:12 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
I was told by a Charlestonian that that is how a native to the region sees themself and the significance of Charleston.
There is something else right across the harbor historically  far more signicant
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: sfish on May 11, 2016, 12:32:53 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Sounds gay
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 12:32:57 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
I was told by a Charlestonian that that is how a native to the region sees themself and the significance of Charleston.
I was told by an Eskimo that Eskmo Pussy is mighty cold.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 12:39:06 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Sounds gay
Bro, take it easy, bro!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 12:43:39 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
I was told by a Charlestonian that that is how a native to the region sees themself and the significance of Charleston.
Suggest u find a more knowledgeable Charlestonian.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 11, 2016, 12:49:37 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
what more can you ask for....
Hello boys, if my android phone ever recharges instead of cycling up and down
constantly, got a mail call picture to upload.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 12:53:49 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
what more can you ask for....
Hello boys, if my android phone ever recharges instead of cycling up and down
constantly, got a mail call picture to upload.
Afternoon Flip
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 01:56:16 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Where the Cooper and the Charles come together to form the Atlantic.
Training AND a geography lesson!
what more can you ask for....
Hello boys, if my android phone ever recharges instead of cycling up and down
constantly, got a mail call picture to upload.
Afternoon Flip
Flip sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 11, 2016, 02:19:46 PM
Alright, hump day slackers, time to hit the punch clock. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 02:22:13 PM
I notice they've gone to 7 minutes on the scorcher deals. Bastiges.
That's because people here were complaining that they were too quick.  Never satisfy everybody.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 02:45:07 PM
Fonseca 150  "Texas Toothpick"  9 x 60 up on the page.  Get 'em before they're gone!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 02:48:03 PM
F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 03:04:05 PM
F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
East Coasters or somebody else?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: SLY on May 11, 2016, 03:08:08 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Any Pluff Mud on tap, T/SC R?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: SLY on May 11, 2016, 03:11:24 PM
Anyone try the 5 Vegas 2016 Limitada, yet?  I assume that it was given out at CFest by Steve R or his surrogate.
Made by AJF, it's being paired in a 10 pack deal with the Rocky Patel 50th in an e-mail from Cigardotcom.
In the past, they haven't been so hot, but made by AJF (5 Vegas AAA), it might be pretty good.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 11, 2016, 03:16:48 PM
extra 20% off sitewide at CI use code Father
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: SLY on May 11, 2016, 03:19:56 PM
Afternoon, BOTLs.  Sad the Caps lost to the Penguins last night, one more time preventing the Caps from getting to the next level.
It was exciting though watching them battle back from a 3-0 deficit, with the help of 3 consecutive delay of game penalties on the -guins.
Easing the pain was a nice scotch and Camacho Corojo (red label) robusto, my first since they were changed and bought by Davidoff.  I have had and enjoyed the Ecuador (bright blue label).  The robusto lasted pretty long and was worthy of being nubbed.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 03:22:41 PM
F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
East Coasters or somebody else?
East and West coasters.  It's still going on.  I finally pulled a TexDave and said f'k it.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: SLY on May 11, 2016, 03:34:59 PM
extra 20% off sitewide at CI use code Father
Flip, I was thinking about you on Sunday night when I was recruited to sing Karaoke at the bar/restaurant where we usually have our Thursday night Cigar herfs.  The pretty waitress, who seems to like me (given me her phone number), urged me to sing, saying you get a restaurant gift card for first timers.  At first I declined, but I thought about it and asked the main dude about songs he had available (not listed in his book), he had it, so I sang "House of the Rising Sun" and got a real positive response from various sfaff and bartenders.  My waitress said one of the managers recorded it!  Later, there was this lady all over me, even though her "boyfriend" was there, trying to get me to sing more.  She had sung a male crooners song (like Sinatra) and was terrible.  I suggested she choose something from a female singer, like Patsy Cline, suggesting, "Walking After Midnight".  When it came up  she dragged me up there to do it as a duet, I said no, I was suggesting it for her, but I was the one that ended up singing it ... and again got really good feedback from people around. I should have quit while I was ahead.  I had planned to leave at 11pm, it was now after midnight and  I really needed to get going, so I thought I'd do "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" (coming for to carry me home ... get it?)  Unfortunately, it was slow, only a cheesy organ, and not in my key ... I did my best but (in my mind) was terrible ...
One guy that got up did something contemporary, that some tricky and high notes, and he absolutely nailed it ... so I tried to point that lady in his direction.
I did pat that guy on the back for a great performance, and he said that he had practiced, but had to overcome shyness/stage fright to sing ... I suggested that
he follow Prince's lead in taking prescription drugs to help him with that. Without a pause, he said, I already do.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 11, 2016, 03:45:34 PM
[...]
At this point, I can sing Karaoke on a club soda... find a lot of guys will have no problem with Mack the Knife, but
House of the Rising Sun was a very good choice.   You have to learn to read the room.  can get away with Sinatra here in NJ, but in Hawaii(big island) it bombs, they prefer country tunes like "Whiskey Girl".  some other good tunes, "King of the Road", or Arlo Guthrie's "City of New Orleans".
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on May 11, 2016, 03:46:42 PM
I notice they've gone to 7 minutes on the scorcher deals. Bastiges.
That's because people here were complaining that they were too quick.  Never satisfy everybody.
TWSS.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 11, 2016, 03:54:06 PM
For your afternoon enjoyment....Boob Twerking....

http://uproxx.com/webculture/sara-x-boob-twerking/
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 05:29:42 PM
For your afternoon enjoyment....Boob Twerking....

http://uproxx.com/webculture/sara-x-boob-twerking/
I hope Oy isn't lurking.  He's into boobs of a different persuasion.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 06:15:45 PM
Lunch outside over the water at the Navy Yard Fleet Landing, cool place on the Charleston Harbor at the mouth of the Cooper River.

Sweetwater IPA on draft to sip
Any Pluff Mud on tap, T/SC R?
Yu know what I was in a place Monday night that had it on the menu and when I ordered it they were out.  Don't find it at too many places .
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 06:17:06 PM
extra 20% off sitewide at CI use code Father
$99 minimum purchase
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 06:17:55 PM
F'n conference call coming up on the two hour mark.  FML.
East Coasters or somebody else?
East and West coasters.  It's still going on.  I finally pulled a TexDave and said f'k it.
Now that is the way to man-up!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 06:19:52 PM
Evening gents, day trip complete.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 06:39:48 PM
Good evening, gents. Finally a cigar after almost a week without...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/ee2f0ffe05314e66549cf9f06964088e.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 06:47:30 PM
I saw this fire on the news recently and I thought I recognized the church.

So sad.

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/234a26e061d178069390339ec1d54177.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/4a86ad18faf01d1ca7e5d1680263e19e.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/b228444410ce1e459f5e686dc9deb548.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 06:51:45 PM
A couple more...
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/b0638936e36e3d6e9c9ab2b74943208d.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/afe529419f89bf4635df10e30b5460e8.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 11, 2016, 08:54:46 PM
A couple more...
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/b0638936e36e3d6e9c9ab2b74943208d.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/afe529419f89bf4635df10e30b5460e8.jpg)
Yeah I saw that on TV, terrible thing.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 09:09:53 PM
What church?
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 10:13:53 PM
What church?
It was a Serbian Eastern Orthodox church. I think it was called Saint Sava but I'm not certain.

Edit: Corrected to Saint Sava
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 10:14:13 PM
The Church of the Holy Sheesh, apparently.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 10:16:15 PM
What church?
It was a Serbian Eastern Orthodox church. I think it was called Saint Savo buy I'm not certain.
Eastern Orthodox?  That doesn't count.

Kidding!
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 10:18:25 PM
What church?
It was a Serbian Eastern Orthodox church. I think it was called Saint Savo buy I'm not certain.
Eastern Orthodox?  That doesn't count.

Kidding!
You very very bad man.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 10:29:37 PM
What church?
This is what Saint Sava's used to look like:

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160512/93d97f7d9d8911b2b8153499b34daf4c.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 10:31:41 PM
What church?
This is what Saint Sava's used to look like:

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160512/93d97f7d9d8911b2b8153499b34daf4c.jpg)
It was on my normal commute walk home when I'm having a cigar.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: Threebean on May 11, 2016, 11:48:24 PM
What church?
This is what Saint Sava's used to look like:

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160512/93d97f7d9d8911b2b8153499b34daf4c.jpg)
It was on my normal commute walk home when I'm having a cigar.
Beautiful place. Sorry to see it so badly damaged.
Title: Re: 5/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 11, 2016, 11:57:10 PM
What church?
This is what Saint Sava's used to look like:

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160512/93d97f7d9d8911b2b8153499b34daf4c.jpg)
It was on my normal commute walk home when I'm having a cigar.
Beautiful place. Sorry to see it so badly damaged.
Yeah, me too. I really love the architecture. They don't make buildings like that any more.