CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: 3/16/2016  (Read 18463 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 3/16/2016
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2016, 04:59:45 PM »

Old HC Maduro Torp lit with a Jefferson Stout from the Lazy Magnolia, Mississippi's Brewery.
  TR, I still have one more Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale from LM ... have to find just the right cigar to pair.
I'm trying to remember the cigar I had last night ... I know it was middle of the road (still recovering from cough),
 so I didn't want anything too strong, but at the end I wanted something with more punch, so I had an LHC Core Chisel,
which provided the kick, and lasted a long time down to the barest of nubs ... while sitting on a deck under the stars with a buddy
(Justice Dept. lawyer, who had just invited me to come down to visit the Supreme Court (he's now a member).  Little did we know
that an announcement was forthcoming today.  He's liberal on some issues, but serious on liberty and Second Amendment issues.
I am a big Southern Pecan fan but they make some great seasonal stuff too it is just hit or miss being able to get it this far away.  Jefferson Stout is a sweet potato brew and very good, not infused either.  Lazy Magnolia was started using Recovery Act funds, one of the few good things to come from that program.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2016, 05:00:56 PM »

ok, I'm heading home with a Diesel Uncut connie for the ride.  y'all have a great evening!
That's the first up cigar I had last night, the Diesel Uncut (toro), and it was good. 
How is the Connie?  Safe travel, Sam.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2016, 05:01:22 PM »

ok, I'm heading home with a Diesel Uncut connie for the ride.  y'all have a great evening!
Later SS enjoy that uncircumcised cigar.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »

Old HC Maduro Torp lit with a Jefferson Stout from the Lazy Magnolia, Mississippi's Brewery.
  TR, I still have one more Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale from LM ... have to find just the right cigar to pair.
I'm trying to remember the cigar I had last night ... I know it was middle of the road (still recovering from cough),
 so I didn't want anything too strong, but at the end I wanted something with more punch, so I had an LHC Core Chisel,
which provided the kick, and lasted a long time down to the barest of nubs ... while sitting on a deck under the stars with a buddy
(Justice Dept. lawyer, who had just invited me to come down to visit the Supreme Court (he's now a member).  Little did we know
that an announcement was forthcoming today.  He's liberal on some issues, but serious on liberty and Second Amendment issues.
I am a big Southern Pecan fan but they make some great seasonal stuff too it is just hit or miss being able to get it this far away.  Jefferson Stout is a sweet potato brew and very good, not infused either.  Lazy Magnolia was started using Recovery Act funds, one of the few good things to come from that program.
  Very cool.  Did not know that.  Have to try that flavor.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »

Very cool.  Did not know that.  Have to try that flavor.
Probably off the shelves by now but if you see it give it a try.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »

You guys, sorry for not being on regularly, then coming on so strong ... it does show I value you guys and what you think on many subjects.
I lost a friend to cancer on Sunday night.  His lovely wife called me on Monday to let me know that he had lost his battle, and asked me to lead some prayers tonight at his wake (the funeral is tomorrow) ... I certainly had other plans for this week, so it was try stunning to see how things can change so quickly.  He was a really fine guy, husband, father, grandfather (younger than me).  He was a highly awarded Producer for Nightline with Ted Koppel, who remains a family friend. He was one of Ted's top Producer's, traveled all over the world for stories (I think picked up Hepatitis C along the way which he suffered with), had a mantle full of Emmy's, but was very humble, not boastful at all.  He and his son became very involved with a program (in my church) which helps support two orphanages in Zambia, populated by children whose parents have died of AIDS.  He expressed interest in having a cigar together, sometime, but his sometimes ill health kept me from pushing it.  He was a great guy.  May God rest Jay's soul in peace.  Now, I need to get ready.  So, thanks for listening, it's been weighing on me.  Such a good man.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »

You guys, sorry for not being on regularly, then coming on so strong ... it does show I value you guys and what you think on many subjects.
I lost a friend to cancer on Sunday night.  His lovely wife called me on Monday to let me know that he had lost his battle, and asked me to lead some prayers tonight at his wake (the funeral is tomorrow) ... I certainly had other plans for this week, so it was try stunning to see how things can change so quickly.  He was a really fine guy, husband, father, grandfather (younger than me).  He was a highly awarded Producer for Nightline with Ted Koppel, who remains a family friend. He was one of Ted's top Producer's, traveled all over the world for stories (I think picked up Hepatitis C along the way which he suffered with), had a mantle full of Emmy's, but was very humble, not boastful at all.  He and his son became very involved with a program (in my church) which helps support two orphanages in Zambia, populated by children whose parents have died of AIDS.  He expressed interest in having a cigar together, sometime, but his sometimes ill health kept me from pushing it.  He was a great guy.  May God rest Jay's soul in peace.  Now, I need to get ready.  So, thanks for listening, it's been weighing on me.  Such a good man.
Prayers for his family.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2016, 05:19:12 PM »

The Gun Owners of America said Wednesday that it would oppose the nomination of U.S. Appeals Court Chief Judge Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court because he "is not only anti-gun, he supports the ability of a president to illegally use executive power to advance liberal causes."

"If Garland were confirmed, we can expect to see more gun registration, more gun bans, more limitations on ammunition — and all of it would be approved by the Supreme Court," said the group's executive director, Erich Pratt. "As a practical matter, good people will go to prison for exercising their constitutionally-protected rights."

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »

MAY THE STUPID BE WITH YOU: COLLEGE GOES ON LOCKDOWN BECAUSE SOMEONE THOUGHT A LIGHTSABER WAS A GUN

Farmingdale State College on New York’s Long Island went into lockdown earlier today and students were advised to “shelter in place” after someone called 911 because they saw a man in a campus parking lot armed with a dangerous weapon…

That dangerous weapon turned out to be a lightsaber.

Police responded around 9:40 am thinking someone was assembling a rifle on a college campus. What they found was a student “heavily armed” with a toy Star Wars lightsaber.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »

our thoughts are with you and his family....

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2016, 05:28:38 PM »

MAY THE STUPID BE WITH YOU: COLLEGE GOES ON LOCKDOWN BECAUSE SOMEONE THOUGHT A LIGHTSABER WAS A GUN

Farmingdale State College on New York’s Long Island went into lockdown earlier today and students were advised to “shelter in place” after someone called 911 because they saw a man in a campus parking lot armed with a dangerous weapon…

That dangerous weapon turned out to be a lightsaber.

Police responded around 9:40 am thinking someone was assembling a rifle on a college campus. What they found was a student “heavily armed” with a toy Star Wars lightsaber.
Spoiler Alert
Wielded correctly, some folks have a lost an arm to the real weapon, others died.
 One son even killed his father.  but those were "real ones" in the movie.  don't think the toy ones
are that dangerous.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »

Sorry to hear it, Sly. My condolences to your family and his.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2016, 05:37:46 PM »

Had a Caldwell Blind Mans Bluff this evening....just eh.....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »

Time to call it an evening, later all.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2016, 05:39:40 PM »

I am going to be leaving soon myself.
take care guys, had another cigar last evening
a Dominican Big Leaguer toro, in the natural wrapper.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16