Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »

One cigar that I've seen pop up on a number of lists that I know nothing about is Protocol by Cubariqueño Cigar Co., manufactured at La Zona (not a bonus mark in my book).  Maybe Fishy can track some down this weekend, although I think he would be more pleased with Southern Draw offerings.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/18/2018
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »

Our sales look like....

Griffin's Nicaragua at Holts for about $70,
$550 box of AF Anejo #77 (or $29.99 for 10 Diesel Shorty's)
HC Series 2 Maduro on CI DOD
or a 5er of Four Kicks Corona Gorda for $24.98

sheesh
actually picked up a 5er of the Crowned heads to pay the freight and get to "catsrule" at Famous.  added it to a box of Gispert coronas for 27.99.  whole sh'bang for 43.93 freight free.

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2018, 01:34:10 PM »

Really wish there was any interesting cigar news to share.... :(
My new Bueso tidbit before doesn't qualify? :D
What are they, the Exclusivo?
Yes, indeed.

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2018, 01:36:03 PM »

Really wish there was any interesting cigar news to share.... :(
My new Bueso tidbit before doesn't qualify? :D
You didn't even provide a descriptor or breakdown of the cigar.... almost like you were embarrassed.....
Well, I haven't tried it yet. If you're looking for some perfectly believable and not at all embellished sales copy, here you go:

Who is Ramon Bueso?

A few years ago, that question rung across the halls of CIGARfest as enthusiast after enthusiast frantically scrambled to get their hands on the hottest, newest, boutique release. The cigar that caused all the pandemonium — Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project. An ultra-smooth, ultra-savory blend that introduced the world to the legend of the Bueso name, this cigar started a trend of fantastic releases from Ramon. Today, we're proud to present his newest blend, one that's destined to be a national treasure in humidors the world over: Ramon Bueso Exclusivo.

While the Bueso brand has only been around for a few years, Ramon himself has spent decades honing his craft in the world's most illustrious cigar factories. And that skill is fully utilized in making Exclusivo. A gorgeous, Connecticut wrapper hugs Nicaraguan long-fillers to deliver a creamy and slightly peppery profile that'll be sure to wake you up. As the cigar progresses, slight notes of coffee and cedar join the mix. Full in flavor, but not in body, Exclusivo is deserving of a look from even the most grizzled cigar veteran. Quite simply, this is a perfect mellow cigar. Don't hesitate.

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »

[...]

I'm curious if it's actually a new blend, or just a re-branding of the Odyssey, which went the way of the dodo. I might have an Odyssey tonight, then the Exclusivo tomorrow night to compare.

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2018, 02:22:29 PM »

Alright, I've officially Buesoed the banter, so I'm out. Hazzuh!

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »

[...]

To me that translates to almost no flavor...

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »

[...]

Get an early start and do both tonight!

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2018, 02:33:14 PM »

Cigar Coop is still counting down to their #1, but some different sticks on the list so far.  They also have some other best of '17 categories, like:

2017 Prime Time Awards: Person of the Year: AJ Fernandez

2017 Prime Time Awards: Small Company of the Year: Southern Draw Cigars

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2018, 04:08:20 PM »

Late afternoon lull  (not to be confused with early evening lulls)
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/18/2018
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »

Late afternoon lull  (not to be confused with early evening lulls)
you are referring to the infamous "LAL"  not to be confused with "EEL" or "LOL"?

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2018, 04:21:18 PM »

Late afternoon lull  (not to be confused with early evening lulls)
you are referring to the infamous "LAL"  not to be confused with "EEL" or "LOL"?
Exactly!

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »

What do you have picked out for the ride home Sam?

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »

Late afternoon lull  (not to be confused with early evening lulls)
you are referring to the infamous "LAL"  not to be confused with "EEL" or "LOL"?
Those other "Ls" tend to get a lot more attention.

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2018, 04:23:06 PM »

PWing at it's best.  CB has taught me well.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7