« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2017, 08:38:02 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.
At least Prime members wouldn't have to worry about shipping costs anymore.
And Amazon could get B&M prices because everyone just assumes Amazon has lower prices but most are aware of the existence of knockoff cigars and probably would not trust EBay on them, which is a valid idea.

I use a certain kind of shampoo which is generally  not available at many stores, and recently Needed to restock. Amazon and EBay had it available for $10-12/bottle which is cheaper then the $15 at most barber shops.  HEB Grocery here actually sells it for $4.57/bottle, thus the assumption that Amazon and EBay are cheaper is nothing more than good marketing.
And Amazon uses sophisticated computer metrics which vary the price of an item depending on purchase location, prior purchase history, and availability.  And B&M retailers are fighting for their collective lives so have learned to be price competitive with their on-line stores.

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »

[...]

Amazon's prices seem to factor in shipping, even with free shipping. But even with that, they're the best price a good majority of the time.

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2017, 08:39:44 AM »

PGA Championship grouping of Garcia, Koepka and Spieth live on the PGA app right now, if you happen to be stuck at work like me.

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2017, 08:39:53 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.
Beyond the newbie factor, browsing a decent B&M for a 2-3 sticks one hasn't tried is fun.  And they can be a good place to enjoy a smoke when the weather sucks.
True, but it comes at a price and in high tax states it comes at a big price.
Indeed.

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »

In reality the only real reason we go to B&M's to smoke is because with damn few exceptions  the Fuk'n Commies do not allow us to go to restaurants and bars to smoke, eat and drink.

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »

PGA Championship grouping of Garcia, Koepka and Spieth live on the PGA app right now, if you happen to be stuck at work like me.
Is Tiger playing? :)

I happen not to be stuck at work but the coverage on the golf channel is not so great.  They are busy trying to make Charley Hoffman a great golfer even though he never wins.

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »

Speaking of stuck at work I think I will take today off and relax. ;)

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »

[...]

And you DO have nice hair!

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2017, 08:51:45 AM »

In reality the only real reason we go to B&M's to smoke is because with damn few exceptions  the Fuk'n Commies do not allow us to go to restaurants and bars to smoke, eat and drink.
Fuk'n commies!

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »

PGA Championship grouping of Garcia, Koepka and Spieth live on the PGA app right now, if you happen to be stuck at work like me.
Is Tiger playing? :)

I happen not to be stuck at work but the coverage on the golf channel is not so great.  They are busy trying to make Charley Hoffman a great golfer even though he never wins.
That's the kind of thing you're relegated to when you're not allowed to broadcast any of the coverage.

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »

WTF is Dean, I need some support.

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2017, 08:53:42 AM »

In reality the only real reason we go to B&M's to smoke is because with damn few exceptions  the Fuk'n Commies do not allow us to go to restaurants and bars to smoke, eat and drink.
It's also nice just to walk around and see what's available.  Kind of like walking the isles at the liquor store or Home Depot.

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »

PGA Championship grouping of Garcia, Koepka and Spieth live on the PGA app right now, if you happen to be stuck at work like me.
Is Tiger playing? :)

I happen not to be stuck at work but the coverage on the golf channel is not so great.  They are busy trying to make Charley Hoffman a great golfer even though he never wins.
That's the kind of thing you're relegated to when you're not allowed to broadcast any of the coverage.
Yep, Fuk'n Commies!  PGA probably wants $10 million "all for charity of course" to let them cover it properly.

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »

WTF is Dean, I need some support.
He's got #3 to plan for.  No time for you.

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2017, 08:58:15 AM »

WTF is Dean, I need some support.
He's got #3 to plan for.  No time for you.
Probably correct.

I do have to take my Direct TV equipment to a UPS Store today.