CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 19, 2020, 12:10:28 AM

Title: 4/19/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on April 19, 2020, 12:10:28 AM
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 19, 2020, 05:26:00 AM
I hope today finds us well. I'm checking the boilers with an Oliva Connecticut reserve and coffee
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 07:54:50 AM
need no boiler work here Rick. 75° heading into the high 80's today.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 19, 2020, 08:25:50 AM
need no boiler work here Rick. 75° heading into the high 80's today.
Good morning Dean. I wish it would stay above 50degrees so I can bike, walk, and jog in comfort. Myself and the family are getting cabin fever.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 08:34:53 AM
need no boiler work here Rick. 75° heading into the high 80's today.
Good morning Dean. I wish it would stay above 50degrees so I can bike, walk, and jog in comfort. Myself and the family are getting cabin fever.
it's nice leaving the windows open most of the day. I do miss getting out seeing friends. every couple of days though I take a ride over to the gulf and rewind.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 08:47:17 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dean.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 08:49:40 AM
Never made it to Home Depot yesterday. I ordered everything I needed but pickup wasn't available until after 5 when I was no longer available. It'll have to wait till Monday.

Heading to Costco now to stock up.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 09:36:54 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dean.
morning Tony.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:43:44 AM
Never made it to Home Depot yesterday. I ordered everything I needed but pickup wasn't available until after 5 when I was no longer available. It'll have to wait till Monday.

Heading to Costco now to stock up.
I'm sure that will be much better.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:45:09 AM
Morning Rick, Dean and Tony.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:45:38 AM
Had to get my walk in earlier as rain will be moving in shortly.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:58:30 AM
Today is Sunday, April 19, the 110th day of 2020. There are 256 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On April 19, 1993, the 51-day siege at the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas, ended as fire destroyed the structure after federal agents began smashing their way in; about 80 people, including two dozen children and sect leader David Koresh, were killed.

On this date:
In 1775, the American Revolutionary War began with the battles of Lexington and Concord.
In 1912, a special subcommittee of the Senate Commerce Committee opened hearings in New York into the Titanic disaster.
In 1933, the United States went off the gold standard.

In 1943, during World War II, tens of thousands of Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto began a valiant but ultimately futile battle against Nazi forces.
In 1945, the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical “Carousel” opened on Broadway.
In 1951, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, relieved of his Far East command by President Harry S. Truman, bade farewell in an address to Congress in which he quoted a line from a ballad: “Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.”

In 1977, the Supreme Court, in Ingraham v. Wright, ruled 5-4 that even severe spanking of schoolchildren by faculty members did not violate the Eighth Amendment ban against cruel and unusual punishment.
In 1989, 47 sailors were killed when a gun turret exploded aboard the USS Iowa in the Caribbean. (The Navy initially suspected that a dead crew member had deliberately sparked the blast, but later said there was no proof of that.)
In 1994, a Los Angeles jury awarded $3.8 million to beaten motorist Rodney King.

In 1995, a truck bomb destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people. (Bomber Timothy McVeigh, who prosecutors said had planned the attack as revenge for the Waco siege of two years earlier, was convicted of federal murder charges and executed in 2001.)
In 2005, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany was elected pope in the first conclave of the new millennium; he took the name Benedict XVI.
In 2013, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR’ tsahr-NEYE’-ehv), a 19-year-old college student wanted in the Boston Marathon bombings, was taken into custody after a manhunt that had left the city virtually paralyzed; his older brother and alleged accomplice, 26-year-old Tamerlan (TAM’-ehr-luhn), was killed earlier in a furious attempt to escape police.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:59:23 AM
Ten years ago: The U.S. and Iraq claimed a major victory against al-Qaida, saying their forces had killed the terror group’s two top figures in an air and ground assault on their safe house near former President Saddam Hussein’s hometown. Kenya’s Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot (CHEHR’-ee-aht) won the Boston Marathon and broke the course record with a time of 2:05:52; Ethiopia’s Teyba Erkesso won the women’s race in a time of 2:26:11.

Five years ago: Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man, died a week after suffering a spinal cord injury in the back of a Baltimore police van while he was handcuffed and shackled. (Six police officers were charged; three were acquitted and the city’s top prosecutor eventually dropped the three remaining cases.) At the Academy of Country Music Awards, Miranda Lambert won four awards, including album and song of the year, but lost the night’s top prize, Entertainer of the Year, to Luke Bryan.

One year ago: The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Democrat Jerrold Nadler of New York, issued a subpoena for the full report from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe and the underlying materials. President Donald Trump rejected claims from former administration officials cited in the Mueller report that he had tried numerous times to stop or influence the probe. A fire service official in Paris said architects and construction workers had stabilized the damaged structure of Notre Dame cathedral, four days after a fire ravaged the iconic building. A Southern California couple who had pleaded guilty to locking up and abusing 12 of their 13 children for years were sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 10:01:54 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actress Elinor Donahue is 83.
Rock musician Alan Price (The Animals) is 78.
Actor Tim Curry is 74.
Pop singer Mark “Flo” Volman (The Turtles; Flo and Eddie) is 73.
Actor Tony Plana is 68.
Former tennis player Sue Barker is 64.
Motorsports Hall of Famer Al Unser Jr. is 58.
Actor Tom Wood is 57.
Recording executive Suge Knight is 55.
Singer-songwriter Dar Williams is 53.
Actress Kim Hawthorne (TV: “Greenleaf”) is 52.
Actress Ashley Judd is 52.
Singer Bekka Bramlett is 52.
Latin pop singer Luis Miguel is 50.
Actress Jennifer Esposito is 48.
Actress Jennifer Taylor is 48.
Jazz singer Madeleine Peyroux (PAY’-roo) is 46.
Actor James Franco is 42.
Actress Kate Hudson is 41.
Actor Hayden Christensen is 39.
Actress Catalina Sandino Moreno is 39.
Actress-comedian Ali Wong is 38.
Actress Victoria Yeates is 37.
Actress Kelen Coleman is 36.
Actor Zack Conroy is 35.
Roots rock musician Steve Johnson (Alabama Shakes) is 35.
Actor Courtland Mead is 33.
Tennis player Maria Sharapova is 33.
NHL forward Patrik Laine is 32.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 10:02:20 AM
Thought for Today: “The crisis you have to worry about most is the one you don’t see coming.” [–] Mike Mansfield, American statesman (1903-2001).
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 10:12:46 AM
Today is National Hanging Out Day  (thought that was every day now)
North Dakota Day
National Garlic Day
National Amaretto Day  (so smoke a Drew Estates Legend cigar)
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 10:23:17 AM
Morning Rick, Dean and Tony.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 10:24:08 AM
Today is National Hanging Out Day  (thought that was every day now)
North Dakota Day
National Garlic Day
National Amaretto Day  (so smoke a Drew Estates Legend cigar)
define 'Hanging Out'. 😳
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 10:24:58 AM
love the coffee and 2 pussies Dave.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 11:27:53 AM
Never made it to Home Depot yesterday. I ordered everything I needed but pickup wasn't available until after 5 when I was no longer available. It'll have to wait till Monday.

Heading to Costco now to stock up.
I'm sure that will be much better.
It was not but at least I scored some TP.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 11:28:41 AM
Morning Rick, Dean and Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Weather is actually quite nice here today.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 11:30:04 AM
Today is National Hanging Out Day  (thought that was every day now)
North Dakota Day
National Garlic Day
National Amaretto Day  (so smoke a Drew Estates Legend cigar)
I bought some vanilla ice cream. May just have to pour some Amaretto on top.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 19, 2020, 12:24:43 PM
Today is National Hanging Out Day  (thought that was every day now)
North Dakota Day
National Garlic Day
National Amaretto Day  (so smoke a Drew Estates Legend cigar)
I bought some vanilla ice cream. May just have to pour some Amaretto on top.
Good plan.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 19, 2020, 12:26:52 PM
Good afternoon Tony, Dave, Dean, and BoilerRick.  I received the following email this morning.  In the "pay it forward" spirit I am offering the opportunity to you all instead. Sounds like a sure thing.

Good Day

I am contacting you regarding a special cargo that has been abandoned in our Equatorial Guinea Embassy Security Warehouse in Brussels Belgium.for over a period of 1 year owned by former president Robert Mugabe.And when scanned,it revealed an undisclosed sum of United State dollars in it.From my findings, the cargo content was not declared as money by the consignor in Order to avoid confiscation or exposed to their opposition leaders.

I am Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Mr.SIMEÓN OYONO ESONO ANGUE.Responsible for the State's Diplomacy,Bilateral,and Multilateral Relations Affairs as well as for providing support for a Country's Citizens who are abroad.I have made official report in a substantially verbatim that the cargo belongs to Late President Robert Mugabe Business Partner.

In my personal search for a reliable person, I wish to present you as the recipient of the cargo since President Robert has rest in peace. You will visit the Embassy Clearance Department for Claiming of the Cargo as the beneficiary Immediately after the whole country start fresh free movement across the globe. We need to sign memorandum of agreement between us for what should be your commission.

Best Regards
HON:SIMEÓN OYONO ESONO
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Threebean on April 19, 2020, 01:58:31 PM
Rather warm and sticky outside. In the man cave.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/9ed0c8d0462f7fc69fee431e0a65e2e2.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 03:03:04 PM
[...]

You have all the luck, Mark.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 19, 2020, 04:57:43 PM
After work before dinner smoke.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/c95e578343de523c72c90af88cf38af5.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 05:47:07 PM
After work before dinner smoke.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/c95e578343de523c72c90af88cf38af5.jpg)
How are you liking that cigar, Rick?
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 06:37:42 PM
[...]

I bought water front property in Argentina last year from him. still waiting for the deed.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 06:37:55 PM
It wound up being a very nice day. It was the soccer coach's 50th birthday and the whole team, of course with their families, paraded in their cars around his block with banners and signs. Then we went to see Grandma from afar as we delivered some groceries. It was a nice day for a drive.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 06:39:15 PM
In the middle of making some baked ziti for dinner.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 06:56:37 PM
appears my freezer in the fridge has about had it or someone left the door open. good thing there wasn't much in the line of perishables. ice cream, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and two bags of frizen ravioli. I will cook them up slightly and throw then in the fridge. 😪
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 07:11:32 PM
appears my freezer in the fridge has about had it or someone left the door open. good thing there wasn't much in the line of perishables. ice cream, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and two bags of frizen ravioli. I will cook them up slightly and throw then in the fridge.
It could have been much worse. How about milkshakes for dinner?
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on April 19, 2020, 07:24:45 PM
appears my freezer in the fridge has about had it or someone left the door open. good thing there wasn't much in the line of perishables. ice cream, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and two bags of frizen ravioli. I will cook them up slightly and throw then in the fridge.
It could have been much worse. How about milkshakes for dinner?
milkshakes sound good.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on April 19, 2020, 07:57:28 PM
Watching original B&W 1984
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 19, 2020, 08:37:13 PM
It wound up being a very nice day. It was the soccer coach's 50th birthday and the whole team, of course with their families, paraded in their cars around his block with banners and signs. Then we went to see Grandma from afar as we delivered some groceries. It was a nice day for a drive.
It's nice to hear stories like that Tony. There's too much negativity right now. We have to all keep our distance but let's all show everyone we are all together.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 19, 2020, 08:38:40 PM
After work before dinner smoke.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/c95e578343de523c72c90af88cf38af5.jpg)
How are you liking that cigar, Rick?
Honestly the only box of Alec Bradley's I ever bought.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: bluecollar on April 19, 2020, 08:44:54 PM
appears my freezer in the fridge has about had it or someone left the door open. good thing there wasn't much in the line of perishables. ice cream, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and two bags of frizen ravioli. I will cook them up slightly and throw then in the fridge.
Defrost it by letting it sit , clean out underneath. Alot of times the compressor will short cycle if it can't stay cool.
I know your a fart smeller. I mean smart feller ... I see people all the time too quick to say it's broke.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 08:57:24 PM
It wound up being a very nice day. It was the soccer coach's 50th birthday and the whole team, of course with their families, paraded in their cars around his block with banners and signs. Then we went to see Grandma from afar as we delivered some groceries. It was a nice day for a drive.
It's nice to hear stories like that Tony. There's too much negativity right now. We have to all keep our distance but let's all show everyone we are all together.
Agreed.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 08:58:01 PM
After work before dinner smoke.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/c95e578343de523c72c90af88cf38af5.jpg)
How are you liking that cigar, Rick?
Honestly the only box of Alec Bradley's I ever bought.
I've had other decent ABs.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 19, 2020, 08:59:29 PM
appears my freezer in the fridge has about had it or someone left the door open. good thing there wasn't much in the line of perishables. ice cream, popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and two bags of frizen ravioli. I will cook them up slightly and throw then in the fridge.
Defrost it by letting it sit , clean out underneath. Alot of times the compressor will short cycle if it can't stay cool.
I know your a fart smeller. I mean smart feller ... I see people all the time too quick to say it's broke.
That's very good advice. My downstairs fridge is acting a bit crazy. I may try that.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:27:12 PM
Today is National Hanging Out Day  (thought that was every day now)
North Dakota Day
National Garlic Day
National Amaretto Day  (so smoke a Drew Estates Legend cigar)
define 'Hanging Out'. 😳
I guess its however you want to celebrate it.
Title: Re: 4/19/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 19, 2020, 09:34:27 PM
Watching original B&W 1984
With John Hurt?  Good movie.  Then again all you have to do is watch one of Trumpfs revisionist history briefings... TV😑