CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 17, 2018, 12:47:05 AM

Title: 1/17/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on January 17, 2018, 12:47:05 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 02:55:24 AM
No snow here yet. Let's hope we get the same gift Mark got yesterday.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 05:43:45 AM
Still no snow but I just got the call to say that schools will have a 90 minute delayed opening.

I don't get it.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 05:49:40 AM
Still no snow but I just got the call to say that schools will have a 90 minute delayed opening.

I don't get it.
Thanks, Obama.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 05:57:59 AM
Morning, ya humps.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 06:47:02 AM
Still no snow but I just got the call to say that schools will have a 90 minute delayed opening.

I don't get it.
Got a call for a delayed opening, less than an hour later schools are closed. We have less then an inch but heavy and slippery
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 06:59:39 AM
Morning Dave, Tony and Fishy.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 07:00:39 AM
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 17, the 17th day of 2018. There are 348 days left in the year.
Today's Highlights in History:
On Jan. 17, 1893, Hawaii's monarchy was overthrown as a group of businessmen and sugar planters forced Queen Lili'uokalani (lee-LEE'-oo-oh-kah-LAH'-nee) to abdicate. The 19th president of the United States, Rutherford B. Hayes, died in Fremont, Ohio, at age 70.
On this date:
In 1781, during the Revolutionary War, American forces defeated the British in the Battle of Cowpens, South Carolina.
In 1806, Thomas Jefferson's daughter, Martha, gave birth to James Madison Randolph, the first child born in the White House.
In 1917, Denmark ceded the Virgin Islands to the United States for $25 million.
In 1929, the cartoon character Popeye the Sailor made his debut in the "Thimble Theatre" comic strip.
In 1945, Soviet and Polish forces liberated Warsaw during World War II; Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg, credited with saving tens of thousands of Jews, disappeared in Hungary while in Soviet custody.
In 1953, a prototype of the Chevrolet Corvette was unveiled during the General Motors Motorama at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York.
In 1961, President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivered his farewell address in which he warned against "the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex."
In 1966, a U.S. Air Force B-52 carrying four unarmed hydrogen bombs crashed on the Spanish coast. (Three of the bombs were quickly recovered, but the fourth wasn't recovered until April.) The Simon & Garfunkel album "Sounds of Silence" was released by Columbia Records.
In 1977, convicted murderer Gary Gilmore, 36, was shot by a firing squad at Utah State Prison in the first U.S. execution in a decade.
In 1984, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc., ruled 5-4 that the use of home video cassette recorders to tape television programs for private viewing did not violate federal copyright laws.
In 1995, more than 6,000 people were killed when an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 devastated the city of Kobe (koh-bay), Japan.
In 1998, the Drudge Report said Newsweek magazine had killed a story about an affair between President Bill Clinton and an unidentified White House intern, the same day Clinton gave a deposition in Paula Jones' sexual harassment lawsuit against him in which he denied having had a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 07:01:32 AM
Ten years ago: Bobby Fischer, the chess grandmaster who became a Cold War icon when he dethroned the Soviet Union's Boris Spassky as world champion in 1972, died in Reykjavik, Iceland, at age 64. Former football player-turned-preacher Ernie Holmes, a two-time Super Bowl champion with the Pittsburgh Steelers, was killed in a one-car accident near Lumberton, Texas, at age 59. Character actor Allan Melvin died in Los Angeles at age 84.

Five years ago: Algerian helicopters and special forces stormed a natural gas plant in the Sahara to rescue hostages from at least 10 countries held by al-Qaida-linked militants; nearly all the militants and at least 37 of the hostages were killed. Oprah Winfrey's OWN network broadcast the first of a two-part interview with Lance Armstrong, in which the disgraced cyclist told Winfrey he had started doping in the mid-1990s.

One year ago: President Barack Obama granted clemency to Chelsea Manning, allowing the transgender Army intelligence officer convicted of leaking more than 700,000 U.S. documents to go free nearly three decades early. Donald Trump's choice to head the Interior Department, Rep. Ryan Zinke, rejected the president-elect's claim that climate change was a hoax, telling his Senate confirmation hearing it was indisputable that environmental changes were affecting the world's temperature and that human activity was a major reason.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 07:02:01 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Betty White is 96. Former FCC chairman Newton N. Minow is 92. Actor James Earl Jones is 87. Talk show host Maury Povich is 79. Pop singer Chris Montez is 76. Rhythm-and-blues singer William Hart (The Delfonics) is 73. Actress Joanna David is 71. Actress Jane Elliot is 71. Rock musician Mick Taylor is 70. Rhythm-and-blues singer Sheila Hutchinson (The Emotions) is 65. Singer Steve Earle is 63. Singer Paul Young is 62. Actor-comedian Steve Harvey is 61. Singer Susanna Hoffs (The Bangles) is 59. Movie director-screenwriter Brian Helgeland is 57. Actor-comedian Jim Carrey is 56. Actor Denis O'Hare is 56. Former first lady Michelle Obama is 54. Actor Joshua Malina is 52. Singer Shabba Ranks is 52. Rock musician Jon Wysocki is 50. Actor Naveen Andrews is 49. Electronic music DJ Tiesto is 49. Rapper Kid Rock is 47. Actor Freddy Rodriguez is 43. Actor-writer Leigh Whannel is 41. Actress-singer Zooey Deschanel is 38. Dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy (TV: "Dancing with the Stars") is 38. Singer Ray J is 37. Actor Diogo Morgado is 37. Country singer Amanda Wilkinson is 36. NBA player Dwyane Wade is 36. Actor Ryan Gage is 35. DJ-singer Calvin Harris is 34. Folk-rock musician Jeremiah Fraites is 32. Actor Jonathan Keltz is 30. Actress Kelly Marie Tran (Film: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi") is 29. Actress Kathrine (cq) Herzer is 21.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 07:02:39 AM
Thought for Today: "He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790).
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 07:03:04 AM
Still no snow but I just got the call to say that schools will have a 90 minute delayed opening.

I don't get it.
Got a call for a delayed opening, less than an hour later schools are closed. We have less then an inch but heavy and slippery
My kids got that day off last Friday. It was 56 degrees when we got the text for the snow day, because of the ice they were expecting around the time school would be letting out. In their defense, the ice came exactly as predicted, and it was just as bad as they said it would be (witches!), but still weird for it to be that warm and get the snow day notification.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 07:09:11 AM
Still no snow but I just got the call to say that schools will have a 90 minute delayed opening.

I don't get it.
Got a call for a delayed opening, less than an hour later schools are closed. We have less then an inch but heavy and slippery
My kids got that day off last Friday. It was 56 degrees when we got the text for the snow day, because of the ice they were expecting around the time school would be letting out. In their defense, the ice came exactly as predicted, and it was just as bad as they said it would be (witches!), but still weird for it to be that warm and get the snow day notification.
The snow eventually showed up.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 07:10:28 AM
Good morning, Fish, LTG, and NJDave.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 07:23:02 AM
Happy birthday, Betty White! (In case she's a lurker) Still sharp as a tack and pretty damn funny too.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 07:38:19 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 07:38:22 AM
601 Kryptonites on the Mash this AM!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 07:42:57 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Nothing exciting.  After that good price for the Diesel Sideshow, just got some Ave Maria's, MOWs and Diesels for about $2.25 a stick.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 07:53:41 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 08:11:46 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Seems like you have your paws in AJ's ass on the devil
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 08:15:49 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Seems like you have your paws in AJ's ass on the devil
Can't argue with quality.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 08:22:01 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Seems like you have your paws in AJ's ass on the devil
Like pretty much everybody in the industry wants their paws in AJ's as well.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 08:23:19 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Seems like you have your paws in AJ's ass on the devil
It's a shame that AJ's owned lines are rarely offered anymore.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 17, 2018, 08:31:46 AM
good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 08:43:49 AM
good morning guys.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 17, 2018, 08:44:23 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 08:50:18 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
This is surely proof that climate change is #fakenews!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 09:04:31 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 17, 2018, 09:07:12 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 09:12:40 AM
Good snowy morning Dave, Dave, Scott, Dean & Tony!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 09:14:32 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Seems like you have your paws in AJ's ass on the devil
Like pretty much everybody in the industry wants their paws in AJ's as well.
It's amazing how he's so sought after to resurrect brands now
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 09:15:10 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 17, 2018, 09:17:38 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
I have a window I put a fan in to ventilate.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 09:20:43 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
I have a window I put a fan in to ventilate.
Oh good, I'd hate to think you're breathing in anything unhealthy  ;D
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 09:25:48 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
Lol, I'd love me some overnight lows in the 20s right about now.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 09:26:53 AM
So Daves, how did you do with the devil?
Been shut out since the Little Devils, but got a few more things I'm bidding on today. Hopefully get some more stuff in there before tomorrow.
Seems like you have your paws in AJ's ass on the devil
Like pretty much everybody in the industry wants their paws in AJ's as well.
It's amazing how he's so sought after to resurrect brands now
He's like The Fixxer© now.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 17, 2018, 09:38:31 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
I have a window I put a fan in to ventilate.
Oh good, I'd hate to think you're breathing in anything unhealthy  ;D
I'm more worried about my riding lawn tractor and 15 gallons of gasoline going up in smoke.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 09:43:32 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
I have a window I put a fan in to ventilate.
Oh good, I'd hate to think you're breathing in anything unhealthy  ;D
I'm more worried about my riding lawn tractor and 15 gallons of gasoline going up in smoke.
If it does, at least you won't be around to worry about it that much longer.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 09:45:53 AM
Morning Mr. Sam.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 09:47:27 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
I have a window I put a fan in to ventilate.
Oh good, I'd hate to think you're breathing in anything unhealthy  ;D
I'm more worried about my riding lawn tractor and 15 gallons of gasoline going up in smoke.
If it does, at least you won't be around to worry about it that much longer.
That's one way to look at it.   ::)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 10:09:09 AM
calling for overnight lows to 20° with wind chills 5°-10°. this is Florida right?
Same for us....it's called a warmup!
I bought a 6 pack of propane bottles for my Little Buddy heater in the garage so I can smoke without bundling up.
Make sure to properly ventilate
I have a window I put a fan in to ventilate.
Oh good, I'd hate to think you're breathing in anything unhealthy  ;D
I'm more worried about my riding lawn tractor and 15 gallons of gasoline going up in smoke.
If it does, at least you won't be around to worry about it that much longer.
That's one way to look at it.   ::)
I'm a real glass half-full kind of guy.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 10:44:11 AM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 10:45:32 AM
Good snowy morning Dave, Dave, Scott, Dean & Tony!
Right back atcha, Sam.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 10:47:37 AM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 10:47:55 AM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 11:01:32 AM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Thanks,  really aren't in mine because of price point, but I've recently picked up some a lot cheaper than normal and if you're looking for mild/med with some (just some mind you) flavor to it, the Monte classics I've tried were very good.  so, i'm thinking of trying these.  (unless you can talk me out of them.)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 11:04:09 AM
Only one available and three days remaining, but Diesel Sideshow sampler on the Devil currently at $19.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 11:06:57 AM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 11:12:34 AM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 11:15:17 AM
Warped Wednesday

Warped Wednesday is here!

Code: WARPED = 20% plus 5% reward points on both Warped & Edition One categories!

Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 11:17:09 AM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 11:19:23 AM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Indeed, nice cigar, decent price (not cheapy cheapo however)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 11:28:12 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 12:00:53 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Mornin' Raz.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 12:01:50 PM
lunch smoke...  A. Flores 1975 Capa Habano
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 12:03:17 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Mornin' Raz.
Howdy, Sam.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 12:16:14 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
LALTS
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 12:22:53 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 12:23:08 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Yeah, I just did and changed my response. Lol
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 12:27:50 PM
Excited about the Fake News Awards today....
Need to find out who is streaming the red carpet....chance to see the fashions...
Maybe Kelly Anne will be wearing her Yankee Doodle Outfit again
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 12:35:47 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 17, 2018, 12:36:31 PM
Excited about the Fake News Awards today....
Need to find out who is streaming the red carpet....chance to see the fashions...
Maybe Kelly Anne will be wearing her Yankee Doodle Outfit again
Is everyone wearing black for the #meToo faction?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 12:37:31 PM
Excited about the Fake News Awards today....
Need to find out who is streaming the red carpet....chance to see the fashions...
Maybe Kelly Anne will be wearing her Yankee Doodle Outfit again
I hope they call it the red carpet, but it's actually blue.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 12:38:15 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 12:45:27 PM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Thanks,  really aren't in mine because of price point, but I've recently picked up some a lot cheaper than normal and if you're looking for mild/med with some (just some mind you) flavor to it, the Monte classics I've tried were very good.  so, i'm thinking of trying these.  (unless you can talk me out of them.)
I wouldn't talk you out of anything... At the right price.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 12:51:12 PM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Thanks,  really aren't in mine because of price point, but I've recently picked up some a lot cheaper than normal and if you're looking for mild/med with some (just some mind you) flavor to it, the Monte classics I've tried were very good.  so, i'm thinking of trying these.  (unless you can talk me out of them.)
I wouldn't talk you out of anything... At the right price.
I would talk you out of anything...for the right price.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 12:59:32 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Nah. I voted for Trump.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 01:11:21 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Nah. I voted for Trump.
I was just mentioning a possible reason to send you to the other side, are you trying to assemble a list? ;)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 01:13:36 PM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Thanks,  really aren't in mine because of price point, but I've recently picked up some a lot cheaper than normal and if you're looking for mild/med with some (just some mind you) flavor to it, the Monte classics I've tried were very good.  so, i'm thinking of trying these.  (unless you can talk me out of them.)
I wouldn't talk you out of anything... At the right price.
I would talk you out of anything...for the right price.
And that's what I'm trying to figure out.  i usually talk myself out of a deal that way...
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 01:20:10 PM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Thanks,  really aren't in mine because of price point, but I've recently picked up some a lot cheaper than normal and if you're looking for mild/med with some (just some mind you) flavor to it, the Monte classics I've tried were very good.  so, i'm thinking of trying these.  (unless you can talk me out of them.)
I wouldn't talk you out of anything... At the right price.
I would talk you out of anything...for the right price.
And that's what I'm trying to figure out.  i usually talk myself out of a deal that way...
I think $5 per is a steep ask for something that you think might be comparable to one that has just some flavor. IMFO
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 01:24:17 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Nah. I voted for Trump.
I was just mentioning a possible reason to send you to the other side, are you trying to assemble a list? ;)
Yeah, yeah. Trump wants to deport those who are here illegally, progressives want to deport anyone who doesn't agree with them. And you call us fascists? ;-)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 01:36:13 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Nah. I voted for Trump.
I was just mentioning a possible reason to send you to the other side, are you trying to assemble a list? ;)
Yeah, yeah. Trump wants to deport those who are here illegally, progressives want to deport anyone who doesn't agree with them. And you call us fascists? ;-)
I've never called Drumpf supporters fascists. People in desperate need of learning to take a joke, perhaps. Never fascists.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2018, 01:46:30 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
CNS
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 01:50:24 PM
Meanwhile, in Commiefornia...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2018-01-16/new-california-longshot-bid-would-split-state-in-2
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 02:13:50 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Nah. I voted for Trump.
I was just mentioning a possible reason to send you to the other side, are you trying to assemble a list? ;)
Yeah, yeah. Trump wants to deport those who are here illegally, progressives want to deport anyone who doesn't agree with them. And you call us fascists? ;-)
I've never called Drumpf supporters fascists. People in desperate need of learning to take a joke, perhaps. Never fascists.
I might have used the word fascist, a time or two... But more accurately I probably said, FASCISTI!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 02:23:28 PM
Anybody else get the sis email special for Mr Sam robustos? $99.99/box
Yes
Who was it?
As Raz might say, que?
Come on, re-read it
Raz would say ¿Como?

In Spanish, if you don't understand something, you don't say, "Whaaaat?" You say, "How's that?"
You're just asking to be on the other side of that wall, hombre.  ;D
Nah. I voted for Trump.
I was just mentioning a possible reason to send you to the other side, are you trying to assemble a list? ;)
Yeah, yeah. Trump wants to deport those who are here illegally, progressives want to deport anyone who doesn't agree with them. And you call us fascists? ;-)
I've never called Drumpf supporters fascists. People in desperate need of learning to take a joke, perhaps. Never fascists.
I dunno, for some of us it took a real sense of humor to vote for Trump. But when both parties and all three branches of government have become a joke, we might as well send our own absurd joke to sit in the big chair. And so far, I'm applauding what he's actually done while everyone else was completely wrapped up in his clown act - which may or may not be an act. But, whatever. Everybody's losing their minds about Trump's "shithole" remarks, which I couldn't care less about. Most of the third world is comprised of shitholes, and US foreign aid and the idiocy that is the UN haven't helped a lick.

But people leaving federal government agencies in droves? That I can get behind, even if I know it won't last.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
[...]

A world of difference there.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 17, 2018, 02:24:14 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 02:24:57 PM
[...]

Not me, I'm a conservative. Fascists are socialists. Always have been.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 02:25:32 PM
Hazzuh!
Seeyuz, Dave.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 02:44:13 PM
[...]

It's all in the pronunciation. Repeat after me... Fah. She. Stee. Good, now say it all together with some oomph. FASCISTI !!!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 02:45:43 PM
[...]

Why you coming at me like that, Raz?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 03:13:50 PM
to hell with all of them, i voted for Bernie....
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 03:15:54 PM
Anybody have anything on the Monte connies on sale at the sister?  10 for 49.99  https://www.cigar.com/p/promotions-deal-special-a/2007630/
Montes are not in my wheelhouse.
Ditto. Morning, Sam.
Thanks,  really aren't in mine because of price point, but I've recently picked up some a lot cheaper than normal and if you're looking for mild/med with some (just some mind you) flavor to it, the Monte classics I've tried were very good.  so, i'm thinking of trying these.  (unless you can talk me out of them.)
I wouldn't talk you out of anything... At the right price.
I would talk you out of anything...for the right price.
And that's what I'm trying to figure out.  i usually talk myself out of a deal that way...
I think $5 per is a steep ask for something that you think might be comparable to one that has just some flavor. IMFO
You make a good point and it tends to mirror my own, hence the question if anyone else has tried these in particular to see if they were better then the classics.  dumping them from the cart.  plenty of other more solid stuff to spend on.  thanks for the input!!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 03:20:27 PM
box just showed up with a 5er of G5 Averners and 5 Dunhil Heritage.  may have to try the heritage for the ride home tonight.  never had one of them.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: razgueado on January 17, 2018, 03:36:45 PM
[...]

Don't worry. Useless or no, the UN isn't going anywhere. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 04:09:14 PM
Meanwhile, in Commiefornia...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2018-01-16/new-california-longshot-bid-would-split-state-in-2
So separate the loonie toon so left they're right faction from the regular liberals?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 04:10:17 PM
[...]

That's OK, we got Oprah coming next... ::)
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 04:11:38 PM
[...]

Good, we gotta keep Tony employed.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 17, 2018, 04:15:34 PM
nite all!
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2018, 05:19:30 PM
[...]

Indeed.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 08:23:41 PM
Evening CB.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 08:28:52 PM
[...]

Indeed, indeed.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 08:29:43 PM
Evening CB.
Evening, Dave. Just about to sit down for dinner. Anything smoking by you?
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 08:47:28 PM
Evening CB.
Evening, Dave. Just about to sit down for dinner. Anything smoking by you?
Had a New World Connie after work and fixing to have a Mason-Dixon with after dinner coffee.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 08:53:42 PM
Just read a nice article about Nikki Haley in the Clemson Alumni magazine.  Interesting woman...and of course a Clemson grad.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2018, 08:57:57 PM
Looks like we should be getting some OK smoking weather for the weekend.
Title: Re: 1/17/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2018, 10:09:23 PM
Evening CB.
Evening, Dave. Just about to sit down for dinner. Anything smoking by you?
Had a New World Connie after work and fixing to have a Mason-Dixon with after dinner coffee.
That sounds nice.