CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 7/25/2017  (Read 6395 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 7/25/2017
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »

Not a single "Famous" birthday person I ever heard of before, some real "Famous" folks there!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »

Time to get moving!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 07:19:05 AM »

Looks like we've made it another day. Oh well, better luck tomorrow.
Sister had a decent offer yesterday with the MOW's so she is probably done for a week or so and CI forgot what a decent offer looks like.  Holts seems to be struggling for one decent offer per month these days.  Famous is still Famous with occasional scattered decent offers.  The Page is just a slip-one-in occasionally.

I think the rest of them just quit pretending to have good offers.

That said I think even decent offers will completely disappear soon.
Afraid we just need to accept if not embrace this new cigar reality.  The days of the great deals and low price introduction of new cigars is no more.
Agree but at this point I would give it an "almost no more" for now as they still slip one in occasionally.

Example:  Roma Craft sampler was a real nice offer last week.
Anymore they are so rare, they feel like mistakes or low volume teasers more than good deals...
I remember when CI would offer new introduction cigars for very good prices, particularly on the Jam, which would often showcase new, different and even special release items.
It started going downhill after SteveR stopped handling the jam.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »

Good morning guys. Really hurting this morning. All I could do to pour a cup of coffee and light my cigar.
Making my last cut of Archives that I'm taking for the Convention Thursday morning, and figure out what clothes to pack.
AF Cuban corona lit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 07:24:09 AM »

Thought for Today: "No matter what side of an argument you're on, you always find some people on your side that you wish were on the other side." - Jascha Heifetz (YAH'-shah HY'-fetz), Russian-born American violinist (1901-1987).
Amazing, a Commie Violinist with a factual quote.
Just like good deals popping up now....it can happen.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »

Sorry to hear that Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »

Morning KeynoteDean and BrownieDave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:18 AM »

Sister had a decent offer yesterday with the MOW's so she is probably done for a week or so and CI forgot what a decent offer looks like.  Holts seems to be struggling for one decent offer per month these days.  Famous is still Famous with occasional scattered decent offers.  The Page is just a slip-one-in occasionally.

Afraid we just need to accept if not embrace this new cigar reality.  The days of the great deals and low price introduction of new cigars is no more.
Agree but at this point I would give it an "almost no more" for now as they still slip one in occasionally.

Anymore they are so rare, they feel like mistakes or low volume teasers more than good deals...
I remember when CI would offer new introduction cigars for very good prices, particularly on the Jam, which would often showcase new, different and even special release items.
Or was it the deals went to crap after SteveR was promoted to management?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:59 AM »

Hello, boys.

sfish

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 07:29:37 AM »

True, and no doubt those days are long gone!
Now in fact it's quite the opposite. The new releases are hyped and much anticipated, you have to give them time to come down in price

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 07:32:27 AM »

Now in fact it's quite the opposite. The new releases are hyped and much anticipated, you have to give them time to come down in price
And isn't that how it is for most things? The newest TVs and cars don't come out at clearance prices. We were spoiled for a long while.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 07:33:37 AM »

Or was it the deals went to crap after SteveR was promoted to management?
I think his first promotion put him near the top of the 5V brand, so I'm guessing he had little to do with jam pricing in that role.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 07:42:13 AM »

I think my new nickname will be The Page.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 07:47:12 AM »

Not a single "Famous" birthday person I ever heard of before, some real "Famous" folks there!
I know and like Geoffrey Zakarian and Illeana Douglas.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »

And isn't that how it is for most things? The newest TVs and cars don't come out at clearance prices. We were spoiled for a long while.
That's the real problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6