CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 13, 2024, 12:03:40 AM

Title: 1/13/2024
Post by: CigarBanter on January 13, 2024, 12:03:40 AM
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 12:20:40 AM
wrapping up the evening.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 01:31:08 AM
My younger brother, age 55, has stage four colon cancer.

It has not been a fun start to the new year.
That's terrible news. I'm really sorry to hear it, Bret.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 08:58:35 AM
Good morning, banterers. Let's see if we can find some good today.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:19:48 AM
From CI today:

Diesel Unholy Cocktail
(5.0"x56)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $7.50 per cigar

In Stock
5 out of 5
Buy More, Save More!
BUY 10 CIGARS
$3.75
per cigar
$37.50 total price
SAVE 50%
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:21:20 AM
And the Sis is offering:
Door #1

CAO Gold Robusto
(5.0"x50)Pack of 10
$29.99
MSRP : $94.90 | 68% OFF
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:23:01 AM
Door #2

AJ Fernandez Box-Press Perfecto Collection
20 Cigars
$64.99
MSRP : $300.00 | 78% OFF
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:23:27 AM
And door #3

Romeo y Julieta Reserve Toro
(6.0"x56)Pack of 5
$24.99
MSRP : $43.45 | 42% OFF
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:25:58 AM
CI's Weekend Spotlight:

Montecristo Viejo Boxes
Nearly Half-OFF + UPGRADE + FREE SHIPPING
Montecristo is one of the world’s most storied and sought-after brands. This weekend, my spotlight is shining bright on the brand-new Montecristo Viejo! In typical CI fashion, our welcome party comes in the form of a nearly HALF-OFF discount, a $1 UPGRADE triple torch lighter, and FREE SHIPPING to boot! Wowa!
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 09:29:31 AM
Good morning, banterers. Let's see if we can find some good today.
I'll take that challenge. But it's below freezing with wind gusts predicted up to 60 mph today, so I won't look for it in the weather.

Morning, all.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 09:45:37 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave. I see business has been discussed. I was just about to do it. Guess I could take the pup for another walk.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 09:47:05 AM
Good morning, banterers. Let's see if we can find some good today.
I'll take that challenge. But it's below freezing with wind gusts predicted up to 60 mph today, so I won't look for it in the weather.

Morning, all.
It rained like a sonofabitch last night but it's beautifully sunny and 60° now. Hence the dog walk.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:47:11 AM
Over at the page,
My Father boxes being offered:

https://www.cigarpage.com/my-fathers-favorites.html

As well as New World boxes:

https://www.cigarpage.com/aj-fernandez-new-world-box-deal.html
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:48:21 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave. I see business has been discussed. I was just about to do it. Guess I could take the pup for another walk.
Build his stamina up so that he can soon keep up on a full cigar walk.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 11:14:50 AM
Over at the page,
My Father boxes being offered:

https://www.cigarpage.com/my-fathers-favorites.html

As well as New World boxes:

https://www.cigarpage.com/aj-fernandez-new-world-box-deal.html
Very tempting stuff. I was not familiar with Don Pepin Blue 20th Anniversary LE 2023. Anyone?
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 11:19:34 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave. I see business has been discussed. I was just about to do it. Guess I could take the pup for another walk.
Build his stamina up so that he can soon keep up on a full cigar walk.
I like that idea.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 12:05:27 PM
Today is Saturday, Jan. 13, the 13th day of 2024.
There are 353 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Jan. 13, 2021, President Donald Trump was impeached by the U.S. House over the violent Jan. 6 siege of the Capitol, becoming the only president to be twice impeached; ten Republicans joined Democrats in voting to impeach Trump on a charge of “incitement of insurrection.” (Trump would again be acquitted by the Senate in a vote after his term was over.)

On this date:

In 1733, James Oglethorpe and some 120 English colonists arrived at Charleston, South Carolina, while en route to settle in present-day Georgia.

In 1794, President George Washington approved a measure adding two stars and two stripes to the American flag, following the admission of Vermont and Kentucky to the Union. (The number of stripes was later reduced to the original 13.)

In 1898, Emile Zola’s famous defense of French military officer Capt. Alfred Dreyfus, “J’accuse,” (zhah-KOOZ’), was published in Paris.

In 1941, a new law went into effect granting Puerto Ricans U.S. birthright citizenship.

In 1964, Roman Catholic Bishop Karol Wojtyla (voy-TEE’-wah) (the future Pope John Paul II) was appointed Archbishop of Krakow, Poland, by Pope Paul VI.

In 1982, an Air Florida 737 crashed into Washington, D.C.’s 14th Street Bridge and fell into the Potomac River while trying to take off during a snowstorm, killing a total of 78 people, including four motorists on the bridge; four passengers and a flight attendant survived.

In 1987, West German police arrested Mohammed Ali Hamadi, a suspect in the 1985 hijacking of a TWA jetliner and the killing of a U.S. Navy diver who was on board. (Although convicted and sentenced to life, Hamadi was paroled by Germany in December 2005 and returned home to Lebanon.)

In 1990, L. Douglas Wilder of Virginia became the nation’s first elected Black governor as he took the oath of office in Richmond.

In 1992, Japan apologized for forcing tens of thousands of Korean women to serve as sex slaves for its soldiers during World War II, citing newly uncovered documents that showed the Japanese army had had a role in abducting the so-called “comfort women.”

In 2000, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates stepped aside as chief executive and promoted company president Steve Ballmer to the position.

In 2001, an earthquake estimated by the U.S. Geological Survey at magnitude 7.7 struck El Salvador; more than 840 people were killed.

In 2011, a funeral was held in Tucson, Arizona, for 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green, the youngest victim of a mass shooting that claimed five other lives and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

In 2013, a Cairo appeals court overturned Hosni Mubarak’s life sentence and ordered a retrial of the former Egyptian president for failing to prevent the killing of hundreds of protesters during the 2011 uprising that toppled his regime. (Mubarak was later ordered released.)

In 2018, a false alarm that warned of a ballistic missile headed for Hawaii sent the islands into a panic, with people abandoning cars on a highway and preparing to flee their homes; officials apologized and said the alert was sent when someone hit the wrong button during a shift change.

In 2020, at a royal family summit in eastern England, Queen Elizabeth II brokered a deal to secure the future of the monarchy; it would allow Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, to live part-time in Canada.

In 2022, the Supreme Court found that the Biden administration had overstepped its authority by requiring that employees at large businesses get a COVID-19 vaccine or test regularly and wear a mask on the job; the court allowed the administration to proceed with a vaccine mandate for most health care workers.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 12:08:43 PM
Today’s birthdays:

TV personality Nick Clooney is 90.
Comedian Charlie Brill is 86.
 Actor Billy Gray is 86.
Rock musician Trevor Rabin is 70.
Rock musician James Lomenzo (Megadeth) is 65.
Actor Kevin Anderson is 64.
Actor Julia Louis-Dreyfus is 63.
Rock singer ru(Madness) is 63.
Country singer Trace Adkins is 62.
Actor Penelope Ann Miller is 60.
Actor Patrick Dempsey is 58.
Actor Suzanne Cryer is 57.
Actor Traci Bingham is 56.
Actor Keith Coogan is 54.
TV producer-writer Shonda Rhimes is 54.
Actor Nicole Eggert is 52.
Actor Ross McCall is 48.
Actor Michael Pena is 48.
Actor Orlando Bloom is 47.
Meteorologist Ginger Zee (TV: “Good Morning America”) is 43.
Actor Ruth Wilson is 42.
Actor Julian Morris is 41.
Actor Beau Mirchoff is 35.
Actor Liam Hemsworth is 34.
NHL center Connor McDavid is 27.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 12:09:31 PM
Todays Over/Under is 8
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 12:15:19 PM
Todays Over/Under is 8
6
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 12:57:25 PM
Todays Over/Under is 8
Seven.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 01:07:00 PM
Wind chill around -30 in KC this evening for the game. Hope Taylor brings a parka.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 13, 2024, 01:09:04 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 01:09:20 PM
Wordle 938 4/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 01:10:36 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
I was just about to look it up. I'm off on Monday so that works for me. Appreciate the heads up.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 01:11:47 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
Be safe, Rick. I hope the storm isn't as eventful as they're predicting. They're often wrong.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 01:12:11 PM
Wind chill around -30 in KC this evening for the game. Hope Taylor brings a parka.
Ha.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 13, 2024, 01:12:43 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
I was just about to look it up. I'm off on Monday so that works for me. Appreciate the heads up.
I'm coming from the supermarket and it is busy. Shelves are starting to look bare.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 13, 2024, 01:15:30 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
Be safe, Rick. I hope the storm isn't as eventful as they're predicting. They're often wrong.
Thank you Tony. I hope they are wrong but it's better to be safe than sorry. One of  the scariest things I ever did was drive through that winter storm last year. I still have to figure out how I'm going to have to get my son back to school. He starts next semester Tuesday
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 02:12:39 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
Be safe, Rick. I hope the storm isn't as eventful as they're predicting. They're often wrong.
Thank you Tony. I hope they are wrong but it's better to be safe than sorry. One of  the scariest things I ever did was drive through that winter storm last year. I still have to figure out how I'm going to have to get my son back to school. He starts next semester Tuesday
When I return back to work on Tuesday, the Spring semester is starting for us also. I'm expecting traffic to be terrible.

How far does your son have to go?
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 02:23:45 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
Hadn't heard that yet, but I had a feeling something was gonna happen.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 02:32:39 PM
Local NBC station starting their pre-game show, 2 hours before kickoff. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 13, 2024, 02:44:49 PM
I think you guys know Bill's game was moved to 4:30 monday. Conditions are starting to get bad and I am looking for double coverage for the rest of this weekend at work.
Be safe, Rick. I hope the storm isn't as eventful as they're predicting. They're often wrong.
Thank you Tony. I hope they are wrong but it's better to be safe than sorry. One of  the scariest things I ever did was drive through that winter storm last year. I still have to figure out how I'm going to have to get my son back to school. He starts next semester Tuesday
When I return back to work on Tuesday, the Spring semester is starting for us also. I'm expecting traffic to be terrible.

How far does your son have to go?
Not too far but right now no one is going anywhere till probably at least tomorrow afternoon or evening.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 04:19:54 PM
Local NBC station starting their pre-game show, 2 hours before kickoff. Sheesh!
Didn't realize it was an hour for them, an hour for the national guys. Lol
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 06:00:46 PM
Offense not clicking and secondary still on the bus. Oof
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 07:47:17 PM
Tony - is the El Pulpo the culebra you're so taken with? It was in CA this month, with a 91 rating. Incidentally, that's nearly as many points as the Browns gave up today.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 13, 2024, 08:35:39 PM
Dave, sorry Cleveland lost. If anyone knows that feeling I do.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 08:53:25 PM
Tony - is the El Pulpo the culebra you're so taken with? It was in CA this month, with a 91 rating. Incidentally, that's nearly as many points as the Browns gave up today.
Sorry that's funny. And yes, the El Pulpo culebra is amazing.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: bluecollar on January 13, 2024, 08:54:13 PM
Reserva Real Nicaragua (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/ca1655d0d8159377f365a29c4bf15fcb.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 09:17:32 PM
Dave, sorry Cleveland lost. If anyone knows that feeling I do.
No biggie. After Chubb went down in week 2, I never would've imagined we'd make the playoffs anyways.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 09:18:04 PM
DE Factory sungrown

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/78fd2573c4a5b8f68481415b7d25c47e.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 09:44:11 PM
DE Factory sungrown

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/78fd2573c4a5b8f68481415b7d25c47e.jpg)
Two nights in s row with the same cigar?

Edit: never mind, it was Thursday night.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:51:12 PM
Wind chill around -30 in KC this evening for the game. Hope Taylor brings a parka.
No worries, she's bundled.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 09:51:29 PM
DE Factory sungrown

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240114/78fd2573c4a5b8f68481415b7d25c47e.jpg)
Two nights in s row with the same cigar?

Edit: never mind, it was Thursday night.
And this is the sungrown, not the maddie. Just got these in yesterday.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:53:40 PM
Oh, it's page three.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:55:30 PM
Not a day for the Brownies.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:57:56 PM
KC leaving a lot of points on the field.  Currently -7.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 13, 2024, 09:58:38 PM
KC leaving a lot of points on the field.  Currently -7.
*Temperature, not score.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 10:42:36 PM
Not looking good for Tua and the boys, either.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 13, 2024, 11:18:53 PM
Not looking good for Tua and the boys, either.
The curse of Hard Knocks.
Title: Re: 1/13/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 13, 2024, 11:48:24 PM
Not looking good for Tua and the boys, either.
The curse of Hard Knocks.
Not to mention frigid temps. Them boys not used to playing in such conditions.