Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.

« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
The Obsidians aren't a bad choice

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.

« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
The Obsidians aren't a bad choice

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
The Obsidian aren't a bad choice

« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
The Obsidians aren't a bad choice

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
The Obsidian aren't a bad choice
I rather enjoyed your hidden post with the same message.  LOL.  But that reminds me that I have a bunch of those Obsidians with 2+ years on them that I never tried.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2014, 09:39:33 PM »

No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
Traveling Dave, I'm possibly heading to France in a couple weeks for 10-12 days (if passport comes through).  Would appreciate any travel tips (I rarely travel and it's been many years since I've been out of the country), especially since I seem to remember you going to France not too long ago.  So, please PM me any good tips.  Also, what about cigars ... should I take a bunch (both of my fellow travelers enjoy good cigars ... one almost daily, the other weekly) or are they reasonably priced and widely available?  Lighters, cutters ... TSA?  Thanks.  I'll check back for your answer ... have to leave laptop for a bit.
Hi Sly, yes I saw your note the other day and responded, but I guess we missed each other.  I'll PM you with what I can offer.  As for Cigars....best to bring your own....very expensive there and not so easy to find.  You can get Cubans in duty free but they are pricy!  You cannot bring a torch in carry on, but you can bring a bic like lighter.I wouldn't bring your best cutter.  Sometimes people show considerable interest in them at security.  I'll PM you with some more
Thank you, Dave.  Can you bring a torch and cutter in your checked baggage?  Danke.  Looks like I might be using my 15 or 40ct traveldors for the first time.  Normally I just use a Ziploc gallon bag and a humipak.
P.S. We are renting a car to travel to different parts of France, then coming back and spending the last two nights in Paris.  Trying to keep expense down, but it is crazy expensive just for the hotel.
make sure to return the car before going into Paris, I took my cutter with no issues. If you check a bag, you can bring home some Cuban rum.
Thanks, Oy Dave and Traveling Dave for the good advice.  Car is manual, driver prefers that, going to turn it in at Orly Field airport outside of Paris. Basically going to start midway on Eastern side below Geneva, then head south through the French Alps down to the coast, then across Southern France to the French Pyrenees and up the Western side to Paris.  Have to save the North for another trip.  So much to see, so many options, have to cut it down, and NOT traveling on the company dime ... hoping to find some good B&Bs.  Taking GPS from here or the travel agent, friend of my buddy, offered his which is international.  (He is of Italian extraction ... "Guido" is his name-o.  Good guy.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
Hey Will, I have enjoyed the Habano Sungrown in the torpedo and actually split a box (nice box).  The Reserva Limitado 2010 Seleccion (not the Exclusivo) was also really fine in the toro size (007 CA Guy) really like those (whatever happened to him?)
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »

 8)  I remembered the cigar I had last night ... went fishing for the ring ... Camacho 10th Anniversary 11/18 ... very nice cigar !!!
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »

8)  I remembered the cigar I had last night ... went fishing for the ring ... Camacho 10th Anniversary 11/18 ... very nice cigar !!!
Good evening Steve, nice cigar.

« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »

The Accor family has a number of less expensive offerings like Ibis, there is Park, Mercure has some reasonable and there is is Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn express for starters.

« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »

Hey Sly, I don't know geography and I'm too lazy to Google it... You going to Lourdes?

« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »

Hey Sly, I don't know geography and I'm too lazy to Google it... You going to Lourdes?
Its near the southwest border.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2014, 10:40:52 PM »

Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Howdy Ken long time no see.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »

Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Howdy Ken long time no see.
Steve, really? Just banter'ed earlier on the "other" site.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2014, 10:52:18 PM »

Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Howdy Ken long time no see.
Steve, really? Just banter'ed earlier on the "other" site.
LOL, sorry that was a joke.