Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »

For some background info Sly, how many days would you be travelling?  I don't usually do a check bag, so it complicates some aspects of travel a bit.  Yes, you could put a torch in checked bag....but I wouldn't do a favorite one.  Depending on amount of time, I usually do a combination of travel humi and zip bags with a humidity pack.

Yes EVERYTHING is expensive there...unless you are doing the hostel route, there really isn't a way to avoid it.  All rental cars are manual...you pay a lot more for automatic.  May be best to pick up an inexpensive international Garmin here.  You will need cash, so get some before you head out (euros).
id say to use your CC as much as you can and ATM's will give you a much better exchange rate than buying euro here in the USA or the airport. We didn't pay much more for automatic car and most all have GPS. I alway end up buying wood matches after I get in to a place. VRBO or hostels work. Some hostels or B&B are very clean and better than hotels to meet locals.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2014, 05:18:24 PM »

No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
Traveling Dave, I'm possibly heading to France in a couple weeks for 10-12 days (if passport comes through).  Would appreciate any travel tips (I rarely travel and it's been many years since I've been out of the country), especially since I seem to remember you going to France not too long ago.  So, please PM me any good tips.  Also, what about cigars ... should I take a bunch (both of my fellow travelers enjoy good cigars ... one almost daily, the other weekly) or are they reasonably priced and widely available?  Lighters, cutters ... TSA?  Thanks.  I'll check back for your answer ... have to leave laptop for a bit.
Hi Sly, yes I saw your note the other day and responded, but I guess we missed each other.  I'll PM you with what I can offer.  As for Cigars....best to bring your own....very expensive there and not so easy to find.  You can get Cubans in duty free but they are pricy!  You cannot bring a torch in carry on, but you can bring a bic like lighter.I wouldn't bring your best cutter.  Sometimes people show considerable interest in them at security.  I'll PM you with some more
Thank you, Dave.  Can you bring a torch and cutter in your checked baggage?  Danke.  Looks like I might be using my 15 or 40ct traveldors for the first time.  Normally I just use a Ziploc gallon bag and a humipak.
P.S. We are renting a car to travel to different parts of France, then coming back and spending the last two nights in Paris.  Trying to keep expense down, but it is crazy expensive just for the hotel.
make sure to return the car before going into Paris, I took my cutter with no issues. If you check a bag, you can bring home some Cuban rum.

« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape

« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?

« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »

[...]

I concur on the CC and ATMs.  Don't know anything about rentals.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
11/18 was a hero for me. I got two boxes and have a few left. I hope you enjoy the torp.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.

« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
Yes, wasn't impressed with your cigarillo

« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »

[...]
Agreed, turn the car in when you get to Paris.  Public transport is best then train or taxi to the airport.

« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »

[...]

Problem is most GPS will be in French.  Some can convert if you ask them to do it at the rental.  Cost however is high, so buying a unit domestically can be cheaper... and you can reuse it.

« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2014, 06:04:28 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
Had to go there didn't you...

« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
I can see that.  LMFAO!

« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »

Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
I'll take your word for it.

« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »

I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.