CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: 8/4/2014  (Read 37007 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »

Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Yeah, not so much. I always got a kick out of the IDC sticker, underneath it says I DON'T CARE where you vacation

Ha! I've seen plenty of varying stickers around here. Many like these international looking ones, but the most popular seem to be the 'Salt Life'. Seems like everybody and their mother has that. Don't hate it quite as much as the stick figure families... want to take a razor and dismember a couple I've seen. Sorry, this is sounding like Tuesday material.
I want these for my car - http://alturl.com/f5duv

CNS, yeah, a little bit.

I'm more Monty Pyton than Dr. Who. Although, both probably fall into the nerd category.
Monty Python is great, too. We only started watching DW this spring. Wife made a deal with her brother that she'd watch that, and he'd start reading a fantasy book series we both like. So I got roped into watching with her by default. Now we both love it.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »

Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Yeah, not so much. I always got a kick out of the IDC sticker, underneath it says I DON'T CARE where you vacation

Ha! I've seen plenty of varying stickers around here. Many like these international looking ones, but the most popular seem to be the 'Salt Life'. Seems like everybody and their mother has that. Don't hate it quite as much as the stick figure families... want to take a razor and dismember a couple I've seen. Sorry, this is sounding like Tuesday material.

CNS, yeah, a little bit.
...and he'd start reading a fantasy book series we both like...

50 Shades of Grey?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »

Damn it!  Ruined it by posting it wrong and I don't know how to fix it. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
I think I mentioned this but I tried that maple bacon donut beer, terrible
Is that the one with the pink label?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »

Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »

CNS, yeah, a little bit.
...and he'd start reading a fantasy book series we both like...

50 Shades of Grey?
Shhh...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »

Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
That's a bit disappointing.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »

Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
I smoked a Murcialago box pressed toro yesterday then a SL Oval robusto that the SL rep gave me at CI on Black Friday when we met, I can't get his name right
You mean Brad?  AKA Danali.....late again.  Serves me right for trying to pick up from where I left off...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »

I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
I think I mentioned this but I tried that maple bacon donut beer, terrible
Is that the one with the pink label?

If he's talking Rogue, I think the entire bottle is pink. They have some nasty stuff in the VooDoo doughnut line.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:57 PM »

Indeed but at least they're not proclaiming to be an American company any more... or at least that's how it seems based on a quick skim of their website.  I have no real issues with buying other stuff that isn't made here so I can't get too upset about this move by Xikar. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:58 PM »

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

Like NFL draft picks.  Once camp opens, draft position doesn't mean shit.  Ask Brady Quinn.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »

Delete and repost.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2014, 01:14:53 PM »

Yeah, but it's brand new. I wasn't going to get much from a broken one... even if it was Made in America. It's just too bad though. You figure for the price they get for them, there'd still be enough margin to manufacture here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19