« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »

Morning folks. Happy Friday and all that.

Morning, Dave.  I believe the SL Oval pyramid/torpedo I had last night was actually from you.  Funny you said that size didn't really work for you, but as I was smoking it I was thinking to myself that the Ovals (in all of its wrappers) seem to do better in larger sizes.  I liked the pyramid more than the robusto but not quite as much as the corona.
No shit? Didn't realize I sent you one of those.....knew I sent you an oval way back when. Maybe they aged well, wtf do I know. Just didn't care for them as much as the robbie. BUT, glad you liked it!

It's all subjective, anyway.  Never got around to smoking it because of the size, I guess, and I probably wouldn't buy the pyramids because of that fact, but it was good.  Real slow burner, too.  Took up my entire class and then some, so that was nice.
Really expanding your horizons and cigar sizes this year.  Inches, big Ovals.....maybe I have to bring you a Cuban Stock Chubby or an Asylum 13 Gordo.....
You're giving Joe a chubby?
Sure, wouldn't you?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...

« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Free shipping on singles comes with free tobacco beetles!

« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

[...]

If Dave giving Joe a chubby didn't bring Scott out of the woodwork, nothing's going to.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »

[...]

So... beer?  I have the Founders Imperial Stout he sent cooling in my fridge for tonight...

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »

Smoking a chubby - wasn't that a FredBob avi?
Yes, and he was so proud.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Joe,I did the same except I added the toro too. Worth a try for $20.70

« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Free shipping on singles comes with free tobacco beetles!
Though, now I'm thinking about doing that, too. Haha.

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »

[...]

I'd be afraid to send the blood rushing to one area on a person with such a small frame.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Free shipping on singles comes with free tobacco beetles!
Though, now I'm thinking about doing that, too. Haha.

Yeah it makes for an 'expensive' per stick purchase, but why not? At least this way you can say you tried it and if you don't like it, at least you're only out approx. $7 if you only get the one.  And they're new and My Father so you know they won't be discounted any time soon.

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2014, 11:44:12 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Yeah, that's awesome...any discount codes available Joe?

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Guess I won't have to bring you one then...
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Yeah, that's awesome...any discount codes available Joe?

I didn't even think to check.  Not like it's much of a savings, anyway, on just one or two cigars.

« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Yeah, that's awesome...any discount codes available Joe?

I didn't even think to check.  Not like it's much of a savings, anyway, on just one or two cigars.
True...keep me posted on your thoughts on them.  Seem to be getting a lot of good press around the industry.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Yeah, that's awesome...any discount codes available Joe?
No discount on the MF's. 15% off CLE, Asylum, Camacho and Rm 101. No code, just make a note in 'comments' section.