CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: 8/1/2014  (Read 27230 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »

Morning folks. Happy Friday and all that.

Morning, Dave.  I believe the SL Oval pyramid/torpedo I had last night was actually from you.  Funny you said that size didn't really work for you, but as I was smoking it I was thinking to myself that the Ovals (in all of its wrappers) seem to do better in larger sizes.  I liked the pyramid more than the robusto but not quite as much as the corona.
No shit? Didn't realize I sent you one of those.....knew I sent you an oval way back when. Maybe they aged well, wtf do I know. Just didn't care for them as much as the robbie. BUT, glad you liked it!

It's all subjective, anyway.  Never got around to smoking it because of the size, I guess, and I probably wouldn't buy the pyramids because of that fact, but it was good.  Real slow burner, too.  Took up my entire class and then some, so that was nice.
Really expanding your horizons and cigar sizes this year.  Inches, big Ovals.....maybe I have to bring you a Cuban Stock Chubby or an Asylum 13 Gordo.....
You're giving Joe a chubby?
Sure, wouldn't you? 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »

Just ordered two of the MF Connies, one each of the corona gorda and robusto, from Tampa Humidor.  Gotta love their free shipping...
Free shipping on singles comes with free tobacco beetles!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

Morning, Dave.  I believe the SL Oval pyramid/torpedo I had last night was actually from you.  Funny you said that size didn't really work for you, but as I was smoking it I was thinking to myself that the Ovals (in all of its wrappers) seem to do better in larger sizes.  I liked the pyramid more than the robusto but not quite as much as the corona.
No shit? Didn't realize I sent you one of those.....knew I sent you an oval way back when. Maybe they aged well, wtf do I know. Just didn't care for them as much as the robbie. BUT, glad you liked it!

It's all subjective, anyway.  Never got around to smoking it because of the size, I guess, and I probably wouldn't buy the pyramids because of that fact, but it was good.  Real slow burner, too.  Took up my entire class and then some, so that was nice.
Really expanding your horizons and cigar sizes this year.  Inches, big Ovals.....maybe I have to bring you a Cuban Stock Chubby or an Asylum 13 Gordo.....
If Dave giving Joe a chubby didn't bring Scott out of the woodwork, nothing's going to.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »

If Dave giving Joe a chubby didn't bring Scott out of the woodwork, nothing's going to.

So... beer?  I have the Founders Imperial Stout he sent cooling in my fridge for tonight...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »

Smoking a chubby - wasn't that a FredBob avi?
Yes, and he was so proud.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »

Joe,I did the same except I added the toro too. Worth a try for $20.70

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »

Though, now I'm thinking about doing that, too. Haha.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »

Sure, wouldn't you?
I'd be afraid to send the blood rushing to one area on a person with such a small frame.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

Though, now I'm thinking about doing that, too. Haha.

Yeah it makes for an 'expensive' per stick purchase, but why not? At least this way you can say you tried it and if you don't like it, at least you're only out approx. $7 if you only get the one.  And they're new and My Father so you know they won't be discounted any time soon.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2014, 11:44:12 AM »

Yeah, that's awesome...any discount codes available Joe?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

Guess I won't have to bring you one then...

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »

I didn't even think to check.  Not like it's much of a savings, anyway, on just one or two cigars.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »

I didn't even think to check.  Not like it's much of a savings, anyway, on just one or two cigars.
True...keep me posted on your thoughts on them.  Seem to be getting a lot of good press around the industry.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »

No discount on the MF's. 15% off CLE, Asylum, Camacho and Rm 101. No code, just make a note in 'comments' section.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15