Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2022, 01:39:44 PM »

Ten years ago: North Korea’s new leader, Kim Jong Un, gave his first public speech since taking power upon death of his father, Kim Jong Il, the previous December, portraying himself as a strong military chief unafraid of foreign powers. Passengers and crew of the cruise ship MS Balmoral said prayers at the spot in the North Atlantic where the Titanic sank 100 years earlier.

Five years ago: North Korea paraded its intercontinental ballistic missiles in a massive military display in central Pyongyang as it celebrated the 1912 birthday of the country’s founder, Kim Il Sung, with his grandson, Kim Jong Un, looking on with delight.

One year ago: Eight people were shot and killed at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis by a former FedEx employee who then took his own life. The White House announced the expulsion of 10 Russian diplomats and sanctions against dozens of people and companies; the moves were to hold the Kremlin accountable for interference in the 2020 presidential election and the SolarWinds cyber hacking of federal government agencies. The defense at the Minneapolis murder trial of former Officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd rested its case without putting Chauvin on the stand.

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2022, 01:40:50 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Claudia Cardinale is 84.
Author and politician Jeffrey Archer is 82.
Rock singer-guitarist Dave Edmunds is 79.
Actor Michael Tucci is 76.
Actor Lois Chiles is 75.
Writer-producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason is 75.
Actor Amy Wright is 72.
Columnist Heloise is 71.
Actor Sam McMurray is 70.
Actor-screenwriter Emma Thompson is 63.
Bluegrass musician Jeff Parker is 61.
Singer Samantha Fox is 56.
Olympic gold, silver and bronze medal swimmer Dara Torres is 55.
Rock musician Ed O’Brien (Radiohead) is 54.
Actor Flex Alexander is 52.
Actor Danny Pino is 48.
Actor Douglas Spain is 48.
Country singer-songwriter Chris Stapleton is 44.
Actor Luke Evans is 43.
Rock musician Patrick Carney (The Black Keys) is 42.
Rock musician Zach Carothers (Portugal. The Man) is 41.
Actor-writer Seth Rogen is 40.
Actor Alice Braga is 39.
Americana singer-songwriter Margo Price is 39.
Rock musician De’Mar Hamilton (Plain White T’s) is 38.
Actor Samira Wiley is 35.
Actor Leonie Elliott is 34.
Actor Emma Watson is 32.
Actor Maisie Williams is 25.

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2022, 01:41:04 PM »

Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2022, 01:43:02 PM »

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2022, 01:43:24 PM »

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2022, 01:43:30 PM »

Gregory is back!
Can I shoot him?
It might draw Putin's ire, but that's probably a good thing. Go for it.
I had a clean shot so I took it.
Another one is hot on his heels.
I am so annoyed by it. I feel like it's getting worse.
Maybe it's because the site is so wildly popular?

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2022, 01:45:00 PM »

[...]

Just because the post count is so low.

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2022, 01:46:14 PM »

Gregory is back!
Can I shoot him?
It might draw Putin's ire, but that's probably a good thing. Go for it.
I had a clean shot so I took it.
Another one is hot on his heels.
I am so annoyed by it. I feel like it's getting worse.
Maybe it's because the site is so wildly popular?
That's exactly why.  ::)

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2022, 01:49:38 PM »

[...]

I also feel like every day there are some interesting coincidences on this list and I think I will try pointing them out. Today there are two Emma ***sons.  ???

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2022, 01:50:24 PM »

[...]

Your last 3 were my 3.

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2022, 01:51:20 PM »

[...]

That IS a bit strange, well spotted.

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2022, 02:12:14 PM »

Have a good hazzuh, Dave. I'll check in on you during OT tomorrow.

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2022, 02:22:35 PM »

Have a good hazzuh, Dave. I'll check in on you during OT tomorrow.
I'll be there, later Tony.

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2022, 05:43:40 PM »

[...]

Eleven.

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2022, 05:47:35 PM »

[...]

Even more coincidental, both appeared together in Harry Potter movies.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4