CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 8/26/2021  (Read 2805 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/26/2021
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »

Morning UHaulTony and FineNewShaftDave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »

Thought you two were supposed to have page 2 up and ready for me?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2021, 09:38:30 AM »

I'm in Providence to move my daughter into her dorm. We've currently got a RealFeel of 72°. By noon it's projected it will feel like 101°.
Is it an all freshmen dorm?  One roomate or a suite with more?  You bringing the big screen TV or is the roomie?  I laugh when I see the number of 55" plus TVs being moved into the dorms.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »

Better hurry, Macanudo offering on Cigar-FU is only good until December 31, 9999!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu?slot=2

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »

I'm in Providence to move my daughter into her dorm. We've currently got a RealFeel of 72°. By noon it's projected it will feel like 101°.
Is it an all freshmen dorm?  One roomate or a suite with more?  You bringing the big screen TV or is the roomie?  I laugh when I see the number of 55" plus TVs being moved into the dorms.
I remember when we were moving in to our dorm freshman year, we see a couple guys moving a big ass tv into the hall. One of those giant backed ones back in the day. Thought to ourselves, we really out to make friends with those guys. Turns out they were moving into the room across the hall, and I'm still friends with them now. In fact, one of them was in my wedding party.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2021, 09:45:49 AM »

Better hurry, Macanudo offering on Cigar-FU is only good until December 31, 9999!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfu?slot=2
;D ;D

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2021, 09:46:03 AM »

Thought you two were supposed to have page 2 up and ready for me?
MovingInTony put a real damper on things.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »

So get the moving done early, get a nice lunch in town, have a relaxing tour of campus, but your first Providence shirt have a nice dinner then head home (or stay overnight and head home tomorrow)
He either already stayed over last night or got up at ass o'clock in the morning to make the drive.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2021, 09:51:50 AM »

A number of Southern Draw offerings at the Monster.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2021, 09:55:50 AM »

I remember when we were moving in to our dorm freshman year, we see a couple guys moving a big ass tv into the hall. One of those giant backed ones back in the day. Thought to ourselves, we really out to make friends with those guys. Turns out they were moving into the room across the hall, and I'm still friends with them now. In fact, one of them was in my wedding party.
And now they have a bigger ass TV at home.

I had the 36" Sony Trinitron which was I think the largest CRT TV.  That SOB was heavy!  Glad Best Buy has free removal when they delivered the Flat screen replacement.  Nice Panasonic 50" that I still have.  Although Panasonic which made some of the best TVs, is no longer in the business.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 09:56:44 AM »

So get the moving done early, get a nice lunch in town, have a relaxing tour of campus, but your first Providence shirt have a nice dinner then head home (or stay overnight and head home tomorrow)
He either already stayed over last night or got up at ass o'clock in the morning to make the drive.
Good point.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2021, 10:05:19 AM »

I had the 36" Sony Trinitron which was I think the largest CRT TV.  That SOB was heavy!  Glad Best Buy has free removal when they delivered the Flat screen replacement.  Nice Panasonic 50" that I still have.  Although Panasonic which made some of the best TVs, is no longer in the business.
I was pretty late getting a flat screen tv, we've only had one since 2017. I remember taking the old tube tv out, sucker felt like it weighed 300 pounds. And it was only a 32 inch or something like that.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2021, 10:10:41 AM »

The difference between guys and girls moving in is always interesting.  Guys bring in their TV and game system, mom makes the bed (probably for the last time the semester), couple of suitcases of clothes, box of toiletries and they're all set.
Women make their beds with two extra pillows, hang matching drapes, Box of stuffed animals, box of framed pictures, four boxes of toiletries, two boxes of shoes, two boxes of underwear, six suitcases of clothes, and two boxes of miscellaneous wall decorations, desk decorations, flower vases ect.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2021, 10:12:06 AM »

I was pretty late getting a flat screen tv, we've only had one since 2017. I remember taking the old tube tv out, sucker felt like it weighed 300 pounds. And it was only a 32 inch or something like that.
Not that late, but I wasn't a quick adopter either.  Kept saying that I'd get one when the Sony finally went...it never did.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »

Today is Thursday, Aug. 26, the 238th day of 2021.
There are 127 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On August 26, 1920, the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing American women’s right to vote, was certified in effect by Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby.

On this date:

In 1817, the University of Michigan was founded.

In 1883, the island volcano Krakatoa began cataclysmic eruptions, leading to a massive explosion the following day.

In 1939, the first televised major league baseball games were shown on experimental station W2XBS: a double-header between the Cincinnati Reds and the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field. (The Reds won the first game, 5-2, the Dodgers the second, 6-1.)

In 1944, French Gen. Charles de Gaulle braved the threat of German snipers as he led a victory march in Paris, which had just been liberated by the Allies from Nazi occupation.

In 1957, the Soviet Union announced it had successfully tested an intercontinental ballistic missile.

In 1968, the Democratic National Convention opened in Chicago; the four-day event that resulted in the nomination of Hubert H. Humphrey for president was marked by a bloody police crackdown on antiwar protesters in the streets.

In 1972, the summer Olympics opened in Munich, West Germany.

In 1985, 13-year-old AIDS patient Ryan White began “attending” classes at Western Middle School in Kokomo, Indiana, via a telephone hook-up at his home -- school officials had barred Ryan from attending classes in person.

In 2004, the nation’s supply of vaccine for the impending flu season took a big hit when Chiron Corp. announced it had found tainted doses in its factory, and would hold up shipment of about 50 million shots.

In 2017, Hurricane Harvey spun into Texas, unloading extraordinary amounts of rain. (The hurricane killed nearly 70 people, damaged more than 300,000 structures and caused an estimated $125 billion in damage.)

In 2015, Alison Parker, a reporter for WDBJ-TV in Roanoke, Virginia, and her cameraman, Adam Ward, were shot to death during a live broadcast by a disgruntled former station employee who fatally shot himself while being pursued by police.

In 2018, a gunman opened fire on fellow gamers at a video game tournament in Jacksonville, Fla., killing two men and wounding 10 others before taking his own life. Playwright Neil Simon, whose comedies included “The Odd Couple” and “Barefoot in the Park,” died at the age of 91.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6