Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day  (Read 2950 times)

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 02:25:32 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Afternoon Bean

From JR Cigars site, guess it has always been that way

Drew Estate cigars, A sleek and oily San Andrés maduro wrapper gives this Corona Gorda a sweet, spicy edge

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Afternoon Bean

From JR Cigars site, guess it has always been that way

Drew Estate cigars, A sleek and oily San Andrés maduro wrapper gives this Corona Gorda a sweet, spicy edge
I am now noticing these have a "maduro" band at the foot.  The regular CV's I've been buying for years do not have that band.  I'm thinking these are different wrapper but the old description on this offering.  Too bad, that would be a nice deal on the traditional corona viva.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Afternoon Bean

From JR Cigars site, guess it has always been that way

Drew Estate cigars, A sleek and oily San Andrés maduro wrapper gives this Corona Gorda a sweet, spicy edge
I am now noticing these have a "maduro" band at the foot.  The regular CV's I've been buying for years do not have that band.  I'm thinking these are different wrapper but the old description on this offering.  Too bad, that would be a nice deal on the traditional corona viva.
I have a pretty big supply of them and have never seen one with a band at the foot so heck if I know wtf is going on.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.
I know for a fact they've never called it a maduro, nor did it have that band at the foot.  Shenanigans.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »

You would think we were in SC for all the fireworks going off. We'll do ours on Saturday at John's. Just cross the border into PA...all the major suppliers represented. Get ours from Phantom.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.
I know for a fact they've never called it a maduro, nor did it have that band at the foot.  Shenanigans.
Hust a branding change to match the Sungrown and Shade.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »

You would think we were in SC for all the fireworks going off. We'll do ours on Saturday at John's. Just cross the border into PA...all the major suppliers represented. Get ours from Phantom.
They're selling them at Costco now. Did NJ laws change?

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »

You would think we were in SC for all the fireworks going off. We'll do ours on Saturday at John's. Just cross the border into PA...all the major suppliers represented. Get ours from Phantom.
They're selling them at Costco now. Did NJ laws change?
The ones they sell in NJ at Costco and such are fountains and ground effects. No rockets, mortars or cakes.

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.
I know for a fact they've never called it a maduro, nor did it have that band at the foot.  Shenanigans.
Hust a branding change to match the Sungrown and Shade.
You're saying it's the same stick though now labeled as "maduro"?

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.
I know for a fact they've never called it a maduro, nor did it have that band at the foot.  Shenanigans.
Hust a branding change to match the Sungrown and Shade.
You're saying it's the same stick though now labeled as "maduro"?
Only one way to find out.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]