CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day  (Read 2950 times)

Threebean

Re: 7/4/2018 - Independence Day
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 02:25:32 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »

Afternoon Tony, Daves, and Dean.  CI Daily Deal has undercrown corona viva, but maduro?  The ones I've purchased in the past have the Mexican SA leaf and don't recall those have the maduro tag.  CI description still has the SA wrapper.   WTF, these have not always been called maduro, have they?
Afternoon Bean

From JR Cigars site, guess it has always been that way

Drew Estate cigars, A sleek and oily San Andrés maduro wrapper gives this Corona Gorda a sweet, spicy edge

Threebean

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »

Afternoon Bean

Drew Estate cigars, A sleek and oily San Andrés maduro wrapper gives this Corona Gorda a sweet, spicy edge
I am now noticing these have a "maduro" band at the foot.  The regular CV's I've been buying for years do not have that band.  I'm thinking these are different wrapper but the old description on this offering.  Too bad, that would be a nice deal on the traditional corona viva. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »

Afternoon Bean

I am now noticing these have a "maduro" band at the foot.  The regular CV's I've been buying for years do not have that band.  I'm thinking these are different wrapper but the old description on this offering.  Too bad, that would be a nice deal on the traditional corona viva.
I have a pretty big supply of them and have never seen one with a band at the foot so heck if I know wtf is going on.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.

Threebean

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »

Not sure what they've called them but I've definitely heard the San Andres wrapper referred to as maduro.
I know for a fact they've never called it a maduro, nor did it have that band at the foot.  Shenanigans. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »

You would think we were in SC for all the fireworks going off. We'll do ours on Saturday at John's. Just cross the border into PA...all the major suppliers represented. Get ours from Phantom.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »

I know for a fact they've never called it a maduro, nor did it have that band at the foot.  Shenanigans.
Hust a branding change to match the Sungrown and Shade.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »

You would think we were in SC for all the fireworks going off. We'll do ours on Saturday at John's. Just cross the border into PA...all the major suppliers represented. Get ours from Phantom.
They're selling them at Costco now. Did NJ laws change?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »

They're selling them at Costco now. Did NJ laws change?
The ones they sell in NJ at Costco and such are fountains and ground effects. No rockets, mortars or cakes.

Threebean

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »

You're saying it's the same stick though now labeled as "maduro"?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »

You're saying it's the same stick though now labeled as "maduro"?
Only one way to find out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]