CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 04, 2014, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 8/4/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on August 04, 2014, 12:00:03 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?

Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 01:15:45 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 03:55:16 AM
I just got a chill when I woke up and saw this lone post.  I'm hoping it's just that Chip got to sleep in today.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:04:42 AM
I just got a chill when I woke up and saw this lone post.  I'm hoping it's just that Chip got to sleep in today.
Good morning Tony, I just had to go in earlier than normal so I had to give up my quiet time this morning.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:53:01 AM
Today is Monday, August 4, the 216th day of 2014. There are 149 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:53:22 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On August 4, 1944, 15-year-old diarist Anne Frank was arrested with her sister, parents and four others by the Gestapo after hiding for two years inside a building in Amsterdam. (Anne and her sister, Margot, died the following year at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:53:47 AM
In 1735, a jury found John Peter Zenger of the New York Weekly Journal not guilty of committing seditious libel against the colonial governor of New York, William Cosby.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:54:11 AM
In 1790, the Coast Guard had its beginnings as the Revenue Cutter Service.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:54:41 AM
In 1892, Andrew and Abby Borden were axed to death in their home in Fall River, Massachusetts. Lizzie Borden, Andrew's daughter from a previous marriage, was accused of the killings, but acquitted at trial.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:55:03 AM
In 1914, Britain declared war on Germany for invading Belgium; the United States proclaimed its neutrality in the mushrooming world conflict.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:55:27 AM
In 1914, Britain declared war on Germany for invading Belgium; the United States proclaimed its neutrality in the mushrooming world conflict.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:55:54 AM
Today's Birthdays: Singer Frankie Ford is 75. Actress-singer Tina Cole is 71. Actor-comedian Richard Belzer is 70. Football Hall-of-Famer John Riggins is 65. Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is 59. Actor-screenwriter Billy Bob Thornton is 59. Actress Kym Karath (Film: "The Sound of Music") is 56. Hall of Fame track star Mary Decker Slaney is 56. Actress Lauren Tom is 55. President Barack Obama is 53. Producer Michael Gelman (TV: "Live! With Kelly and Michael") is 53. Retired MLB All-Star pitcher Roger Clemens is 52. Actress Crystal Chappell is 49. Author Dennis Lehane is 49. Rock musician Rob Cieka (Boo Radleys) is 46. Actor Daniel Dae Kim is 46. Actor Michael DeLuise is 45. Actor Ron Lester is 44. Race car driver Jeff Gordon is 43. Rapper-actress Yo-Yo is 43. Country singer Jon Nicholson is 41. Rhythm-and-blues singer-actor Marques (MAR'-kus) Houston is 33. Actress Meghan Markle is 33. Actress Greta Gerwig is 31. Country singer Crystal Bowersox (TV: "American Idol") is 29. Rock singer Tom Parker (The Wanted) is 26. Actors Cole and Dylan Sprouse are 22. Singer Jessica Sanchez (TV: "American Idol") is 19.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:56:19 AM
Thought for Today: "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." — Anne Frank (1929-1945).
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 04:57:12 AM
Forrest Gump
-------------------------

The day finally arrived; Forrest Gump dies and goes to Heaven. He is at the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. However, the gates are closed and Forrest approaches the Gatekeeper.

St. Peter says, "Well, Forrest, it's certainly good to see you. We have heard a lot about you. I must tell you, though, that the place is filling up fast, and we've been administering an entrance examination for everyone. The test is short, but you have to pass it before you can get into Heaven."

Forrest responds, "It shor is good to be here , St. Peter, sir. But nobody ever tolt me about any entrance exam. Shor hope the test ain't too hard; life was a big enough test as it was."

St. Peter goes on, "Yes, I know, Forrest, but the test is only three questions.

First: What two days of the week begin with the letter T?

Second: How many seconds are there in a year?

Third: What is God's first name?"

Forrest leaves to think the questions over. He returns the next day and sees St. Peter, who waves him up and says, "Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers."

Forrest says, "Well, the first one -- which two days in the week begin with the letter "T"? Shucks, that one's easy. That'd be Today and Tomorrow.

The Saint's eyes open wide and he exclaims, "Forrest, that's not what I was thinking, but you do have a point, and I guess I didn't specify, so I'll give you credit for that answer. How about the next one?" asks St. P eter. "How many seconds in a year?"

"Now that one's harder," says Forrest, "but I thunk and thunk about that and I guess the only answer can be twelve."

Astounded, St. Peter says, "Twelve? Twelve!? Forrest, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?"

Forrest says "Shucks, there's gotta be twelve: January 2nd, February
2nd, March 2nd. . . ...."

"Hold it, " interrupts St. Peter. "I see where you're going with this, and I see your point, though that wasn't quite what I had in mind..... but I'll have to give you credit for that one, too. Let's go on with the third and final question. Can you tell me God's first name"?

"Sure", Forrest replied, "its Howard."

"Howard?!" exclaimed an exasperated and frustrated St. Peter. "Ok, I can understand how you came up with your answers to my first two questions, but just how in the world did you come up with the name Howard as the first name of God?"

"Shucks, that was the easiest one of all, " Forrest replied. "Don't you know the Our Father?  Our father who art in heaven, Howard be thy name. . ."

St. Peter opened the Pearly Gates and said: "Run Forrest, run."
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 05:51:57 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
FWIW, the Hair of the Dog is one of my new favorites. Morning Chip, lurkers.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 04, 2014, 05:57:36 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
FWIW, the Hair of the Dog is one of my new favorites. Morning Chip, lurkers.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 05:59:16 AM
I love Mondays, and I get to haul nuts today besides. good morning guys.

23 days.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:19:59 AM
Good Monday Morning Chip, Dean and Dave!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:23:47 AM
I love Mondays, and I get to haul nuts today besides. good morning guys.

23 days.
Three weeks sounds pretty good Dean.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 06:23:54 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
Hair of the Dog has turned out to be a VERY good cigar Tony.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 06:28:11 AM
I love Mondays, and I get to haul nuts today besides. good morning guys.

23 days.
Three weeks sounds pretty good Dean.
the best part is 9 more work days counting today!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 06:30:09 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:42:51 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
Hair of the Dog has turned out to be a VERY good cigar Tony.
Agree with Dave and Dean.  HotD is the best of the Diesel's IMHO.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 06:47:55 AM
time to go gathering. later guys.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:56:30 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
Tony is going to start thinking you're a high maintenance proposition there Dean.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on August 04, 2014, 07:10:06 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
...or Mickey Mouse ears?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 07:28:30 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
...or Mickey Mouse ears?
That's the ticket....I bet Dean will be spending all his time there.  Heck now that you mention it, lots of good jobs to be had....all the bus drivers there are retired folks from the northeast.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 07:28:49 AM
Morning CB, how goes it?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 07:31:23 AM
“A teacher is teaching a class and she sees that Johnny isn't paying attention, so she asks him, "If there are three ducks sitting on a fence, and you shoot one, how many are left?" Johnny says, "None." The teacher asks, "Why?" Johnny says, "Because the shot scared them all off." The teacher says, "No, there are two left, but I like how you're thinking." Then Johnny asks the teacher, "You see three women walking out of an ice cream parlor. One is licking her ice cream, one is sucking her ice cream, and one is biting her ice cream. Which one is married?" And the teacher responds, "The one sucking her ice cream." Johnny says, "No, the one with the wedding ring, but I like how you're thinking!”
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 07:35:42 AM
“A blonde decides to get a porno movie, so she goes to the store and picks one with a fairly dirty title. When she puts the DVD in and presses 'PLAY,' the screen is fuzzy and nothing is going on. Frustrated, she calls the store about the movie. They ask her what the title is, and she replies, "Head Cleaner".”
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 07:39:12 AM
A little girl walks into her parents’ bathroom and notices for the First time, her father’s nakedness.
Immediately, she is curious: he has equipment that she doesn’t have. She asks, “What are those round things hanging there, daddy?”
Proudly, he replies, “Those, sweetheart, are God’s Apples of Life.
Without them we wouldn’t be here.”
Puzzled, she seeks her mommy out and tells her what daddy has said.  To which mommy asks, “Did he say anything about the dead branch they’re hanging from?”
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 07:39:32 AM
Made it to page 3 finally!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 04, 2014, 07:48:03 AM
Good morning Gents!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 07:55:39 AM
Good morning boys! Licking my wounds a bit after a long but good weekend
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 08:03:29 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 04, 2014, 08:07:09 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 08:16:17 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
...or Mickey Mouse ears?
That's the ticket....I bet Dean will be spending all his time there.  Heck now that you mention it, lots of good jobs to be had....all the bus drivers there are retired folks from the northeast.
no fucking mouse ears and I ain't driving no more buses.
wanna be a beach bum.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 08:19:08 AM
I just got a chill when I woke up and saw this lone post.  I'm hoping it's just that Chip got to sleep in today.
Good morning Tony, I just had to go in earlier than normal so I had to give up my quiet time this morning.
I'm glad to hear everything's ok.  Sorry about your quiet time.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 08:22:14 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
...or Mickey Mouse ears?
That's the ticket....I bet Dean will be spending all his time there.  Heck now that you mention it, lots of good jobs to be had....all the bus drivers there are retired folks from the northeast.
no fucking mouse ears and I ain't driving no more buses.
wanna be a beach bum.
Ok, make his stars red flip flops.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 08:22:49 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 04, 2014, 08:24:39 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Nice!  Course looks awesome...gonna be a vegetable all weekend watching it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 08:25:41 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
FWIW, the Hair of the Dog is one of my new favorites. Morning Chip, lurkers.
I had kind of decided against the deal.  Now I'll have to reconsider. Thanks, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 08:30:55 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 08:37:34 AM
Good morning boys! Licking my wounds a bit after a long but good weekend
Battle's not worth it if you don't pick up a few new scars.....morning Fish.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 08:39:03 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Good deal!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 08:40:03 AM
Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
FWIW, the Hair of the Dog is one of my new favorites. Morning Chip, lurkers.
I had kind of decided against the deal.  Now I'll have to reconsider. Thanks, Dave.
My absolute pleasure sir!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 08:50:56 AM
Good morning boys! Licking my wounds a bit after a long but good weekend
Battle's not worth it if you don't pick up a few new scars.....morning Fish.
Ain't that the truth
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 08:54:53 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
You would be proud of my restraint.....
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 09:01:30 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 09:02:41 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Start making some offers and let us know.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 09:07:57 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: TRO on August 04, 2014, 09:08:51 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Start making some offers and let us know.
On the bid for 3 more days - current bid is $88
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1812945/Tatuaje-Pudgy-Monster-Sampler-Box-10-Cigars/
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 09:12:07 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
$60 is too low.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: TRO on August 04, 2014, 09:12:45 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Looks like the Mrs. is feeling better if you are still going.  Glad to hear it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 09:13:27 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 09:16:37 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Start making some offers and let us know.
On the bid for 3 more days - current bid is $88
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1812945/Tatuaje-Pudgy-Monster-Sampler-Box-10-Cigars/
I bet it makes $110 by the close...just looked and saw they are offering 40....I'll reduce it to $100.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: TRO on August 04, 2014, 09:17:07 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Smart business - why take less than the current bid?  Maybe 1 or 2 to get winners talking it up.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 09:18:14 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.

No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 09:19:32 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Looks like the Mrs. is feeling better if you are still going.  Glad to hear it.
Yeah, she's on her own today with the kids for the first time. Still in pain, but doing well enough to handle things by herself. Wound is healing nicely, isn't bleeding or anything, so that's good. Knowing her, I was sure she'd be back in the ER with an infection or something.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: TRO on August 04, 2014, 09:22:00 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Looks like the Mrs. is feeling better if you are still going.  Glad to hear it.
Yeah, she's on her own today with the kids for the first time. Still in pain, but doing well enough to handle things by herself. Wound is healing nicely, isn't bleeding or anything, so that's good. Knowing her, I was sure she'd be back in the ER with an infection or something.
Don't jinx yourself.  Have a fun trip.  Rory looks like he is ready win back-to-back majors.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 09:22:34 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.
Not yellow. (also fixed post for you)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 09:23:40 AM
Good morning Gents!
Morning NFM, Scott.
Sup Dave?  PGA is this week right?
Yes sir. Be down there for 27 holes on Thursday, then at the tournament Friday.
Looks like the Mrs. is feeling better if you are still going.  Glad to hear it.
Yeah, she's on her own today with the kids for the first time. Still in pain, but doing well enough to handle things by herself. Wound is healing nicely, isn't bleeding or anything, so that's good. Knowing her, I was sure she'd be back in the ER with an infection or something.
Don't jinx yourself.  Have a fun trip.  Rory looks like he is ready win back-to-back majors.
Haha, you're right, that was stupid of me. I almost missed CF I think last year because she had some medical issue. Can't remember what it was, though. KNOCKONWOOD
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 09:35:23 AM
Happy Monday morning', all
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 09:37:29 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.
Not yellow. (also fixed post for you)
It doesn't matter.  The next changes I make are not going to be superficial.  The stars will stay the way they are.  The good news is that it appears I can do maintenance anytime after 6pm EDT because that's when things slow down here.  It's not gonna be anytime soon though.  I'm just not up to it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 09:37:59 AM
Happy Monday morning', all
Hey Steve.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 09:38:43 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.
Not yellow. (also fixed post for you)
gee, thanks Dave.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 09:39:48 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.
Not yellow. (also fixed post for you)
gee, thanks Dave.
Sorry, was just poking fun at Shaun. Original color was green.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 09:45:24 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.
Not yellow. (also fixed post for you)
gee, thanks Dave.
Sorry, was just poking fun at Shaun. Original color was green.
Wasn't THAT long ago Dean....memory starting to go?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 09:49:07 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 09:51:19 AM
Happy Monday morning', all
Hey Steve.

Hey Tony. Parcel coming in today. 5er of Melanio #4's and OOO robustos. Makes the day go by a little easier.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 09:52:57 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 09:54:08 AM
Tony, seeing how I'm moving to Florida, can you change my red stars to starfish?
LMAO.
No.  It will upset the traditionalists.  Get there safely and then we'll see.
hey, I was kidding. btw - what was the default colored stars, I forget.
Not yellow. (also fixed post for you)
gee, thanks Dave.
Sorry, was just poking fun at Shaun. Original color was green.
That's what yellowstar is here for after all...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 09:54:27 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...

Almost at max bid level considering you're gonna need some shipping $'s in there.

Home this week, TD?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: DesertRat on August 04, 2014, 09:56:26 AM
Mornin' folks.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 10:03:48 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?

Should still be able to apply free shipping coupon at checkout.
Famous not even showing Pudgy anymore. Only place I could view before was under NEW... no more.

Morning, Scott.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 10:06:27 AM
Mornin' folks.

Dusty!

(http://www.dmiblog.com/archives/yosemite-sam.gif)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:08:18 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?
$4.95
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:08:30 AM
Mornin' folks.
Dusty!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:12:08 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?

Should still be able to apply free shipping coupon at checkout.
Famous not even showing Pudgy anymore. Only place I could view before was under NEW... no more.

Morning, Scott.
Free ship codes don't work on MMAO.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: DesertRat on August 04, 2014, 10:12:22 AM
Mornin' folks.

Dusty!

(http://www.dmiblog.com/archives/yosemite-sam.gif)

Ha! Mornin', Steve
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: DesertRat on August 04, 2014, 10:12:37 AM
Mornin' folks.
Dusty!
Dave!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 04, 2014, 10:14:48 AM
Good morning to all.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 10:15:57 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?

Should still be able to apply free shipping coupon at checkout.
Famous not even showing Pudgy anymore. Only place I could view before was under NEW... no more.

Morning, Scott.
Free ship codes don't work on MMAO.

Probably why I haven't offered at anything over there in ages.

Glad to hear the warden's doing better and on her own today, Dave. Probably get a couple days in before she's riding your ass like old times... jk.  ;D
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: DesertRat on August 04, 2014, 10:20:11 AM
Good morning to all.
Mornin' dd.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: DesertRat on August 04, 2014, 10:21:35 AM
Gonna try to get a little work done. Y'all behave.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:21:36 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?

Should still be able to apply free shipping coupon at checkout.
Famous not even showing Pudgy anymore. Only place I could view before was under NEW... no more.

Morning, Scott.
Free ship codes don't work on MMAO.

Probably why I haven't offered at anything over there in ages.

Glad to hear the warden's doing better and on her own today, Dave. Probably get a couple days in before she's riding your ass like old times... jk.  ;D
I think I'd prefer that to the whiny pain in the ass patient she is now. Haha.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:21:36 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?
Yes, except for promo's that only happen a couple of times a year.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:23:03 AM
Morning Dusty and dd.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:26:11 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Far as I will go with this little experiment as I got them at Atlantic for $85 with free shipping.
And as Joe pointed out a bit ago, there are actually a lot more of these made than the little monsters last year, so no need for a feeding frenzy....heck, don't think CI even offered them last year....might have had them in the stores.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:28:12 AM
Damn, CI has Pudgy Monsters on the MMAO....MSRP of course is $95....wonder how low they will go?
Well they'd have to beat $78.85 to be a better deal than Famous
Didn't go for $70......
Don't like $75 either...
Do they charge for shipping on MMAO?

Should still be able to apply free shipping coupon at checkout.
Famous not even showing Pudgy anymore. Only place I could view before was under NEW... no more.

Morning, Scott.
Free ship codes don't work on MMAO.

Probably why I haven't offered at anything over there in ages.

Glad to hear the warden's doing better and on her own today, Dave. Probably get a couple days in before she's riding your ass like old times... jk.  ;D
I think I'd prefer that to the whiny pain in the ass patient she is now. Haha.
That depends on which way he meant "riding your ass like old times".....yippie ki yay!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 10:30:49 AM
[...]

I'm sure that's the one he's looking forward to. Cash in those brownie points, nurse Dave!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 10:32:50 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904

Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 10:37:39 AM
Good morning, all.  Nice weekend with good drinks and good smokes.  Even got the wife in to the whole 'craft' beverage thing, as she discovered a whole cider section at one of the local liquor shops.  Bourbon barrel cider, cider with hops... who knew?  Not really my thing but if it gets her to the liquor store, it's good enough for me.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 10:38:50 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904

I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on these.  Price just seems so high compared to the discounts available on all of the larger La Bomba sizes.  Guess I'll just have to wait a couple years for the price to drop another $20 or so.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 10:44:46 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904

I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on these.  Price just seems so high compared to the discounts available on all of the larger La Bomba sizes.  Guess I'll just have to wait a couple years for the price to drop another $20 or so.

Yeah. The NEWness of the item should hopefully wear down by next spring. Morning, Joe.

The warden actually likes the Angry Orchard.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:46:48 AM
[...]

Think that might take a little longer. D'oh!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:48:32 AM
Gonna try to get a little work done. Y'all behave.
Why should we start now?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 10:48:40 AM
[...]

Riding his ass?  Brownie points?  Sheesh guys, it's not that kind of site.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:49:11 AM
Good morning, all.  Nice weekend with good drinks and good smokes.  Even got the wife in to the whole 'craft' beverage thing, as she discovered a whole cider section at one of the local liquor shops.  Bourbon barrel cider, cider with hops... who knew?  Not really my thing but if it gets her to the liquor store, it's good enough for me.
Morning, Joe.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 10:49:37 AM
[...]

LALTS
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 10:57:27 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 11:09:25 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 04, 2014, 11:22:17 AM
slow day in the nut house.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 11:39:12 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 11:41:07 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Yeah, not so much. I always got a kick out of the IDC sticker, underneath it says I DON'T CARE where you vacation
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 11:47:41 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Yeah, not so much. I always got a kick out of the IDC sticker, underneath it says I DON'T CARE where you vacation
My brother lives in West Caldwell and bought one that says,  WC - and in tiny print, Who Cares?.  But when relatives come in from Europe they want to know why his car is a WC (water closet).
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 11:49:47 AM
[...]

What, you afraid to class up the place?  (again resisted going in another direction......you are tempting me)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 11:50:28 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 11:51:25 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
Stock up that travel humi....bring extra butane.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 11:56:09 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!
We drive through Duck and stay in Corolla, I'd stop if the turn-over day wasn't so crazy
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 11:57:51 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 11:57:59 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
Stock up that travel humi....bring extra butane.
I actually bring my entire desktop humi, packed it in the CFest duffle bag with the other necessities. I think my son used it as an ottoman on the ride down
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 11:58:30 AM
Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 11:59:05 AM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
I think I mentioned this but I tried that maple bacon donut beer, terrible
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 12:00:20 PM
Lunch time!  All this talk has made me ravenous.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 12:01:29 PM
Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
I smoked a Murcialago box pressed toro yesterday then a SL Oval robusto that the SL rep gave me at CI on Black Friday when we met, I can't get his name right
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 12:05:58 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Haha, cause how else would people know?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:06:19 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
I think I mentioned this but I tried that maple bacon donut beer, terrible

Indeed.  Haven't tried it myself but haven't ever seen a positive review of that beer.  Seems like something Southern Tier could pull off, though.  Had a Choklat over the weekend... damn, that stuff is good.  Also enjoyed the Founders Imperial Stout, more so than any other 'regular' stout I've had (that I can think of, anyway).  Definitely liked it more than the Stone Russian Imperial Stout which is the most recent that I can recall.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:07:21 PM
Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
I smoked a Murcialago box pressed toro yesterday then a SL Oval robusto that the SL rep gave me at CI on Black Friday when we met, I can't get his name right

LOL.... Charlie?  And I know that's not who you're talking about.  Also, please only refer to people by their screen names so it's less weird.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 12:07:24 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 12:07:31 PM
Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
I smoked a Murcialago box pressed toro yesterday then a SL Oval robusto that the SL rep gave me at CI on Black Friday when we met, I can't get his name right
Brad/Kevin/Denali?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:08:49 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Haha, cause how else would people know?

Save yourself the time and money and just order the sticker online:  http://www.amazon.com/Outer-Carolina-Bumper-Window-Sticker/dp/B00GOF93SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407168501&sr=8-1&keywords=OBX+sticker
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 12:09:33 PM
Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
I smoked a Murcialago box pressed toro yesterday then a SL Oval robusto that the SL rep gave me at CI on Black Friday when we met, I can't get his name right
Brad/Kevin/Denali?
Ahh yes, Brad. Thank you
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 12:10:19 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Haha, cause how else would people know?
I'll just have my wife post some FB pictures
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:11:21 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Haha, cause how else would people know?
I'll just have my wife post some FB pictures

Yes, a play-by-play of the entire vacation would be nice, as well as regular levels of bantering.  The recaps absolutely can not wait until you get back!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 12:11:39 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 12:12:41 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation

Be sure to get an OBX sticker for your car, just like every person who's ever been there.
Yeah, not so much. I always got a kick out of the IDC sticker, underneath it says I DON'T CARE where you vacation

Ha! I've seen plenty of varying stickers around here. Many like these international looking ones, but the most popular seem to be the 'Salt Life'. Seems like everybody and their mother has that. Don't hate it quite as much as the stick figure families... want to take a razor and dismember a couple I've seen. Sorry, this is sounding like Tuesday material.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 12:13:25 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
I don't even have a place reasonably close to stop at for a single
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 12:16:51 PM
[...]

I read a George Carlin book a few years back that had a 2-page riff on shit like that. I could barely make it through the passage without crying, I was laughing so hard. He mentions all the labeling people wear, I'd have to find it to do it any justice
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 12:20:03 PM
[...]

I want these for my car - http://alturl.com/f5duv
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:22:36 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
I don't even have a place reasonably close to stop at for a single

Haven't seen singles anywhere here, but I never saw the larger La Bombas in shops, either.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 12:27:40 PM
[...]

(http://www.agenziaincantesimi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ogre_nerds.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 12:41:08 PM
[...]

CNS, yeah, a little bit.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 12:47:37 PM
[...]

I'm more Monty Pyton than Dr. Who. Although, both probably fall into the nerd category.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 12:49:57 PM
[...]

Monty Python is great, too. We only started watching DW this spring. Wife made a deal with her brother that she'd watch that, and he'd start reading a fantasy book series we both like. So I got roped into watching with her by default. Now we both love it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:51:24 PM
[...]

50 Shades of Grey?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 12:52:07 PM
Damn it!  Ruined it by posting it wrong and I don't know how to fix it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 12:56:45 PM
Damn it!  Ruined it by posting it wrong and I don't know how to fix it.

(http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/chuckle.gif)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 01:02:58 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
I think I mentioned this but I tried that maple bacon donut beer, terrible
Is that the one with the pink label?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:03:36 PM
Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 01:04:42 PM
[...]

Shhh...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 01:04:53 PM
Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
That's a bit disappointing.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
Didn't get a chance to grab a Hair of the Dog before I left the house this morning.  Oh well.  Only smoke I have with me is a A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro, which is what I thought today's joecigar deal was.
I smoked a Murcialago box pressed toro yesterday then a SL Oval robusto that the SL rep gave me at CI on Black Friday when we met, I can't get his name right
You mean Brad?  AKA Danali.....late again.  Serves me right for trying to pick up from where I left off...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:06:58 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

Where ya going?  Feel like you already said, but I forget.
Outer Banks, can't wait. Need a vacation
I was there two years ago and enjoyed it.  I especially loved the bacon maple donuts from Duck Donuts.   Mmmmm!

I wish San Diego had an accessible 'crazy donut' place.  There are one or two but you've gotta get there super early for the good stuff and even then it involves long waits.  No thanks, I just want to walk in, grab a couple, and get on with my day.  Or drink donut flavored beer.
I think I mentioned this but I tried that maple bacon donut beer, terrible
Is that the one with the pink label?

If he's talking Rogue, I think the entire bottle is pink. They have some nasty stuff in the VooDoo doughnut line.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 01:08:27 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 01:09:57 PM
Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
That's a bit disappointing.

Indeed but at least they're not proclaiming to be an American company any more... or at least that's how it seems based on a quick skim of their website.  I have no real issues with buying other stuff that isn't made here so I can't get too upset about this move by Xikar.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 01:10:58 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

Like NFL draft picks.  Once camp opens, draft position doesn't mean shit.  Ask Brady Quinn.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 01:13:00 PM
Damn it!  Ruined it by posting it wrong and I don't know how to fix it.
Delete and repost.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:14:53 PM
Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
That's a bit disappointing.

Yeah, but it's brand new. I wasn't going to get much from a broken one... even if it was Made in America. It's just too bad though. You figure for the price they get for them, there'd still be enough margin to manufacture here.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 01:19:09 PM
Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
That's a bit disappointing.

Yeah, but it's brand new. I wasn't going to get much from a broken one... even if it was Made in America. It's just too bad though. You figure for the price they get for them, there'd still be enough margin to manufacture here.
True enough, just disappointed. I'm sure they're saving money which they pass on to us, or whatever companies usually say, but it would be nice if it were still made here, for America's sake.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:21:49 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

Like NFL draft picks.  Once camp opens, draft position doesn't mean shit.  Ask Brady Quinn.

That's a long list... if you're taking light-hearted shots a Cleveland.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 01:22:13 PM
Well, I don't see TXDave on today, but wanted to share that I received my replacement Xikar cutter Saturday and it was made in Taiwan... gotta keep costs down I suppose. Outsourcing.... sheesh.
That's a bit disappointing.

Yeah, but it's brand new. I wasn't going to get much from a broken one... even if it was Made in America. It's just too bad though. You figure for the price they get for them, there'd still be enough margin to manufacture here.

Based on taking acccounting classes for 2 months now, which essentially almost kinda sorta makes me CPA-esque, I've learned that costs of running a business are staggering.  There is so damn much that goes in to it that I'd never even think to factor in that I can understand occasional price increases (or taking action to reduce operational costs to keep pricing the same).

Cigars don't cost the same as they did 3-4 years ago because it now costs more to make, sell, and deliver them.

So you can keep the Xikar stuff made here and charge more, or you can outsource it and not have to charge more.  The latter would cause the least amount of push back from the buyers.

Sorry, got business on the brain since I'm doing some school work at the moment...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 01:23:23 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

Like NFL draft picks.  Once camp opens, draft position doesn't mean shit.  Ask Brady Quinn.

That's a long list... if you're taking light-hearted shots a Cleveland.

Wow,  Ken Dorsey... I remember watching him play at Miami when they came to Blacksburg.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 01:28:54 PM
[...]

I guess you have your topics for your term papers picked out.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 01:31:36 PM
[...]

Indeed. And like I said, just disappointed. Not like I'm gonna swear off Xikar, it's still the best stuff out there, IMFO, no offense, etc. So long as the overseas cutters still work as good as the old, that is.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 01:33:04 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

Like NFL draft picks.  Once camp opens, draft position doesn't mean shit.  Ask Brady Quinn.

That's a long list... if you're taking light-hearted shots a Cleveland.
We'd need a whole new banter for that topic.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:34:38 PM
[...]

I understand all that. It was more about the price almost being a 'premium' already because it WAS made here.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:36:03 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.

Like NFL draft picks.  Once camp opens, draft position doesn't mean shit.  Ask Brady Quinn.

That's a long list... if you're taking light-hearted shots a Cleveland.

Wow,  Ken Dorsey... I remember watching him play at Miami when they came to Blacksburg.

(http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/069/699/28d3367a4afaf8d919337feabfd99aa9_large1_original.jpeg?1379532435)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 01:41:37 PM
Sake bombs on a bit of a discount... +$10 off cpn.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/601+la+bomba+sake+bomb+cigars/item+44904
Not much of a discount but I'm thinking about it, they'd be nice to have on vacation in 2 weeks

I know. I figure if I get a price close to your breaking point, you'll cave. Then you can give us a review.  ;D
I just get the feeling they'll come down in price and I'll feel stupid for paying the current price
Once they're bought, forget the price, move on and enjoy them.
That's the way I'm leaning
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 01:49:03 PM
[...]

True.  Made in China.  Pay no attention to the camera on the bottom.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 01:56:18 PM
[...]

There may be lead in the paint, but it cuts like a razor!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 02:03:47 PM
[...]

Wonder if they were truly made in America in the first place?  Or if they were 'assembled' in America... parts originating elsewhere.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 04, 2014, 02:06:44 PM
[...]

I just put the foot of the cigar in my mouth and light the cap, I dont need no stinkin cutter.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 04, 2014, 02:25:38 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 02:26:46 PM
Hazzuh!

See ya!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 02:34:17 PM
Hazzuh!
Ba-bye!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: jswaykos on August 04, 2014, 02:35:28 PM
OK, I'm outta here.  Pre-internship related stuff to take care of, and since it's right by the B&M I may just take the rest of the afternoon off.  Have a great afternoon, all.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 02:40:26 PM
Hazzuh!
Damn, missed him again.  Oh well.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 02:42:38 PM
OK, I'm outta here.  Pre-internship related stuff to take care of, and since it's right by the B&M I may just take the rest of the afternoon off.  Have a great afternoon, all.
Dang, missed Joe too.  Are there at least some Daves around?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 02:45:24 PM
No
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 02:46:37 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 02:48:46 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 02:53:25 PM
Hazzuh!
Have a good one Dave
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 02:54:41 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 02:57:42 PM
OK, I'm outta here.  Pre-internship related stuff to take care of, and since it's right by the B&M I may just take the rest of the afternoon off.  Have a great afternoon, all.
Great study plan there JWacky!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 02:58:48 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
Never seems to be a shortage of those unfortunately
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on August 04, 2014, 02:58:49 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
..and a few weenies too.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on August 04, 2014, 03:02:00 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
Never seems to be a shortage of those unfortunately
Speak of the devil, Biebfish!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 03:07:12 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
..and a few weenies too.
I have a sudden urge to fire up the grill when I get home tonight.  Howdy, Michael.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on August 04, 2014, 03:08:19 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
..and a few weenies too.
I have a sudden urge to fire up the grill when I get home tonight.  Howdy, Michael.
Grilling some dogs?  Afternoon Tony. We got back to our summer weather.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 04, 2014, 03:15:25 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
..and a few weenies too.
I have a sudden urge to fire up the grill when I get home tonight.  Howdy, Michael.

Burning all the shit from your basement on the front lawn... Fire Sale!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 03:16:03 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 03:27:56 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
Never seems to be a shortage of those unfortunately
TWSS
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 03:31:47 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
If I quit, I'm taking my balls with me!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 03:34:45 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
If I quit, I'm taking my balls with me!
No balls left behind
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 03:40:14 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
Traveling Dave, I'm possibly heading to France in a couple weeks for 10-12 days (if passport comes through).  Would appreciate any travel tips (I rarely travel and it's been many years since I've been out of the country), especially since I seem to remember you going to France not too long ago.  So, please PM me any good tips.  Also, what about cigars ... should I take a bunch (both of my fellow travelers enjoy good cigars ... one almost daily, the other weekly) or are they reasonably priced and widely available?  Lighters, cutters ... TSA?  Thanks.  I'll check back for your answer ... have to leave laptop for a bit.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 03:47:28 PM
No
Ahhhhh, BALLS!!
Those, we've got
And apparently Dicks too.
I thought he quit the site?
Traveling Dave, I'm possibly heading to France in a couple weeks for 10-12 days (if passport comes through).  Would appreciate any travel tips (I rarely travel and it's been many years since I've been out of the country), especially since I seem to remember you going to France not too long ago.  So, please PM me any good tips.  Also, what about cigars ... should I take a bunch (both of my fellow travelers enjoy good cigars ... one almost daily, the other weekly) or are they reasonably priced and widely available?  Lighters, cutters ... TSA?  Thanks.  I'll check back for your answer ... have to leave laptop for a bit.
Hi Sly, yes I saw your note the other day and responded, but I guess we missed each other.  I'll PM you with what I can offer.  As for Cigars....best to bring your own....very expensive there and not so easy to find.  You can get Cubans in duty free but they are pricy!  You cannot bring a torch in carry on, but you can bring a bic like lighter.I wouldn't bring your best cutter.  Sometimes people show considerable interest in them at security.  I'll PM you with some more
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 03:50:18 PM
Oh, sorry guys ... had just read up on the last few pages of banter ... Good afternoon.  Had a nice cigar yesterday afternoon on a covered patio ...while doing a blind tast test of two bourbons ... one is Jim Beam Black 8 year, the other was Benchmark which is less than $20 for a 1.75L botl.  All three of us got it reversed, thought the more expensive Black was the one we all liked, but in reality it was the Benchmark which is made by the same folks who make Buffalo Trace.  Oddly I can remember what my two fellow cigars smokers were having: LAdC red band and RP Connecticut, but I can't remember what I smoked (usually I take about 5 in a pack to choose from in the moment).  After the smoke and the bourbons, I took advantage of the Papa John's Pizza 50% off deal on an XL Pizza and some wings. (50% off total order when Nats win after scoring 7 or more runs in the game.  Piffle ... I was watching the Orioles game on TV and saw that they have the same deal, but only have to score 5 or more runs and win ... that's discrimination  ... I'll have to call the ACLnotforU office.  Then the lightning, thunder and pouring rain came ... good thing I left my window down a couple inches, so that I had a nice puddle on the drivers seat.  8)  I remembered the cigar I had last night ... went fishing for the ring ... Camacho 10th Anniversary 11/18 ... very nice cigar !!!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 03:52:38 PM
[...]
Thank you, Dave.  Can you bring a torch and cutter in your checked baggage?  Danke.  Looks like I might be using my 15 or 40ct traveldors for the first time.  Normally I just use a Ziploc gallon bag and a humipak.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 03:55:54 PM
[...]
P.S. We are renting a car to travel to different parts of France, then coming back and spending the last two nights in Paris.  Trying to keep expense down, but it is crazy expensive just for the hotel.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 03:57:45 PM
[...]
I usually travel with a 20 count humi in my checked luggage - and I add a lighter and cutter to it.  It's never been an issue.    Just my 2¢.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 04:12:55 PM
For some background info Sly, how many days would you be travelling?  I don't usually do a check bag, so it complicates some aspects of travel a bit.  Yes, you could put a torch in checked bag....but I wouldn't do a favorite one.  Depending on amount of time, I usually do a combination of travel humi and zip bags with a humidity pack.

Yes EVERYTHING is expensive there...unless you are doing the hostel route, there really isn't a way to avoid it.  All rental cars are manual...you pay a lot more for automatic.  May be best to pick up an inexpensive international Garmin here.  You will need cash, so get some before you head out (euros).
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 04:26:27 PM
For some background info Sly, how many days would you be travelling?  I don't usually do a check bag, so it complicates some aspects of travel a bit.  Yes, you could put a torch in checked bag....but I wouldn't do a favorite one.  Depending on amount of time, I usually do a combination of travel humi and zip bags with a humidity pack.

Yes EVERYTHING is expensive there...unless you are doing the hostel route, there really isn't a way to avoid it.  All rental cars are manual...you pay a lot more for automatic.  May be best to pick up an inexpensive international Garmin here.  You will need cash, so get some before you head out (euros).
Well said.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 04:49:17 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 04, 2014, 05:14:27 PM
For some background info Sly, how many days would you be travelling?  I don't usually do a check bag, so it complicates some aspects of travel a bit.  Yes, you could put a torch in checked bag....but I wouldn't do a favorite one.  Depending on amount of time, I usually do a combination of travel humi and zip bags with a humidity pack.

Yes EVERYTHING is expensive there...unless you are doing the hostel route, there really isn't a way to avoid it.  All rental cars are manual...you pay a lot more for automatic.  May be best to pick up an inexpensive international Garmin here.  You will need cash, so get some before you head out (euros).
id say to use your CC as much as you can and ATM's will give you a much better exchange rate than buying euro here in the USA or the airport. We didn't pay much more for automatic car and most all have GPS. I alway end up buying wood matches after I get in to a place. VRBO or hostels work. Some hostels or B&B are very clean and better than hotels to meet locals.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 04, 2014, 05:18:24 PM
[...]
make sure to return the car before going into Paris, I took my cutter with no issues. If you check a bag, you can bring home some Cuban rum.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 05:27:02 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 05:41:00 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 05:42:08 PM
[...]

I concur on the CC and ATMs.  Don't know anything about rentals.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 04, 2014, 05:42:53 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
11/18 was a hero for me. I got two boxes and have a few left. I hope you enjoy the torp.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 04, 2014, 05:45:16 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: sfish on August 04, 2014, 05:45:35 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
Yes, wasn't impressed with your cigarillo
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:00:00 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:02:03 PM
[...]
Agreed, turn the car in when you get to Paris.  Public transport is best then train or taxi to the airport.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:03:43 PM
[...]

Problem is most GPS will be in French.  Some can convert if you ask them to do it at the rental.  Cost however is high, so buying a unit domestically can be cheaper... and you can reuse it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:04:28 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
Had to go there didn't you...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 06:13:40 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
I can see that.  LMFAO!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:30:43 PM
Oy, I finally smoked the Camacho 10th 11/18 you gave me, excellent smoke I enjoyed it very much. I'll try to smoke the torp this weekend while fresh in my mind but I love that 11/18 shape
In your mouth?
it also feels good in your ass, but then the taste goes a bit off when smoking it.
I'll take your word for it.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 06:31:36 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on August 04, 2014, 06:34:29 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:51:20 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
The Obsidians aren't a bad choice

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 06:51:52 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
The Obsidians aren't a bad choice

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
The Obsidian aren't a bad choice
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.
The Obsidians aren't a bad choice

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
The Obsidian aren't a bad choice
I rather enjoyed your hidden post with the same message.  LOL.  But that reminds me that I have a bunch of those Obsidians with 2+ years on them that I never tried.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 09:39:33 PM
[...]
Thanks, Oy Dave and Traveling Dave for the good advice.  Car is manual, driver prefers that, going to turn it in at Orly Field airport outside of Paris. Basically going to start midway on Eastern side below Geneva, then head south through the French Alps down to the coast, then across Southern France to the French Pyrenees and up the Western side to Paris.  Have to save the North for another trip.  So much to see, so many options, have to cut it down, and NOT traveling on the company dime ... hoping to find some good B&Bs.  Taking GPS from here or the travel agent, friend of my buddy, offered his which is international.  (He is of Italian extraction ... "Guido" is his name-o.  Good guy.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 09:47:04 PM
I'm heading out.  Looks like I'm gonna smoke the AFR-75 San Andres Maduro.  It's better than not smoking anything at all.  Am I right?
Right you are Sir Antnee.  Good travels.
It was ok but nothing I would buy.  Definitely the best PDR I've had.  Not sure if that's saying much.

Oddly enough, that would say the same as "the worst PDR."  I've never had anything really good from them.  I've also never had an outright bad cigar.  They run the gamut of uninteresting but decently good to pretty good but not really interesting.

My favorite thus has far been the PDR 1878 Oscuro, followed by the Habano SG.  Not exactly how much better I'd rank them than the Flors or Exlusivo, etc.
Hey Will, I have enjoyed the Habano Sungrown in the torpedo and actually split a box (nice box).  The Reserva Limitado 2010 Seleccion (not the Exclusivo) was also really fine in the toro size (007 CA Guy) really like those (whatever happened to him?)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 09:51:36 PM
 8)  I remembered the cigar I had last night ... went fishing for the ring ... Camacho 10th Anniversary 11/18 ... very nice cigar !!!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 04, 2014, 09:58:57 PM
8)  I remembered the cigar I had last night ... went fishing for the ring ... Camacho 10th Anniversary 11/18 ... very nice cigar !!!
Good evening Steve, nice cigar.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:06:42 PM
The Accor family has a number of less expensive offerings like Ibis, there is Park, Mercure has some reasonable and there is is Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn express for starters.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 04, 2014, 10:11:32 PM
Hey Sly, I don't know geography and I'm too lazy to Google it... You going to Lourdes?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 04, 2014, 10:38:33 PM
Hey Sly, I don't know geography and I'm too lazy to Google it... You going to Lourdes?
Its near the southwest border.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 04, 2014, 10:40:52 PM
Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 04, 2014, 10:44:17 PM
Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Howdy Ken long time no see.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 04, 2014, 10:51:23 PM
Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Howdy Ken long time no see.
Steve, really? Just banter'ed earlier on the "other" site.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 04, 2014, 10:52:18 PM
Howdy, BOTL's! Smoking a very fine DPG Black robusto.
Howdy Ken long time no see.
Steve, really? Just banter'ed earlier on the "other" site.
LOL, sorry that was a joke.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 10:53:42 PM
Evening all.  Beautiful day in Montana, at least in my neck of the woods, er I mean grass.  Got a much needed rain this morning, over an inch, which unfortunately doubled our total for the year.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on August 04, 2014, 11:03:49 PM
Evening all.  Beautiful day in Montana, at least in my neck of the woods, er I mean grass.  Got a much needed rain this morning, over an inch, which unfortunately doubled our total for the year.
Howdy Russ.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 04, 2014, 11:10:48 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on August 04, 2014, 11:12:46 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 04, 2014, 11:17:30 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Hi JR....  I guess I just didn't have much to say last week.. :) But of course my wife had plenty to say..
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on August 04, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Hi JR....  I guess I just didn't have much to say last week.. :) But of course my wife had plenty to say..
Don't they always.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:22:08 PM
Hey Sly, I don't know geography and I'm too lazy to Google it... You going to Lourdes?
Annecy, Grenoble, La Salette, Laus (near Gap), Aix, Tres Maries, marseille, St.Tropez (prob not), Lourdes (yes), Paris (to see an old professor & friend and the sites & sights).  This is a hoped for list.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 11:22:59 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Hi JR....  I guess I just didn't have much to say last week.. :) But of course my wife had plenty to say..

But of course.  If we dont use our allotted amount of daily words they are required to double them up and use them on us as torture.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 04, 2014, 11:23:52 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Hi JR....  I guess I just didn't have much to say last week.. :) But of course my wife had plenty to say..
Don't they always.
My wife was on vacation last week, so we were together all week with her driving me nuts.. :)
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:24:00 PM
Evening all.  Beautiful day in Montana, at least in my neck of the woods, er I mean grass.  Got a much needed rain this morning, over an inch, which unfortunately doubled our total for the year.
/// Hey Russ, glad you got some rain.  JR, hope there is some in your future.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 11:30:56 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Hi JR....  I guess I just didn't have much to say last week.. :) But of course my wife had plenty to say..
Don't they always.
My wife was on vacation last week, so we were together all week with her driving me nuts.. :)

Nothing better then good old fashion bonding with the old lady.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 11:31:38 PM
Sly, sent you a pm earlier today.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 04, 2014, 11:31:53 PM
Good evening moonbeams...!
Howdy BD, haven't seen you in a while.
Hi JR....  I guess I just didn't have much to say last week.. :) But of course my wife had plenty to say..

But of course.  If we dont use our allotted amount of daily words they are required to double them up and use them on us as torture.

It's not so much her talking, as much as it is her logic.  I told her that our toilet will only go around in circles when you flush it, and I can't figure out what's wrong with it because I know it's not clogged.  She replied, "I know what the problem is...!"  It's because the street department hasn't cleaned out the sewers lately..  I responded with, "so do you think we just need to call the street department, and have them pop open the manhole covers and clean the sewers...?"  She replied, "yes I do...!"  I told her, she better do the calling.  Anyway, it was the little hole (jet) in the bottom of the toilet that was clogged.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 11:40:57 PM
[...]

LMAO!  Thats funny only because I go through the same thing with my wife and now with my daughter.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 04, 2014, 11:47:33 PM
[...]

I put some great northern beans into a 6 qt. pot to soak overnight.  The next morning, the beans were in a great big 12 to 15 qt. pot.  I asked my wife, "how the hell did those beans get into that great big pot...?"  She said, "I thought you would have known that beans get bigger if you soak them in a bigger pot..!"
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 11:50:56 PM
[...]

And you reply "Your so pretty!"
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:51:26 PM
Sly, sent you a pm earlier today.
Thanks, Russ. PM returned.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 04, 2014, 11:51:47 PM
Oy would be upset with us to not let this thing get to 18
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:55:47 PM
[...]

That's funny.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:57:04 PM
[...]

Let's push this baby into 18, Russ.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 04, 2014, 11:57:08 PM
I agree, and that was hilarious. The "your so pretty" comment too!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:57:36 PM
Oy would be upset with us to not let this thing get to 18
Let's go ...
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 04, 2014, 11:57:54 PM
Oh, and did I say: I agree, and that was hilarious. The "your so pretty" comment too!?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: SLY on August 04, 2014, 11:58:40 PM
I agree, and that was hilarious. The "your so pretty" comment too!
Ken, is that your new pup?  What is its name?
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 04, 2014, 11:58:42 PM
Hey, isn't Tony just the coolest guy ever? Sharp as a whip, and so funny!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 04, 2014, 11:59:42 PM
I have to lie again? Okay: I am one of the smartest people I know! Okay, not a lie.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 05, 2014, 12:05:37 AM
I agree, and that was hilarious. The "your so pretty" comment too!
Ken, is that your new pup?  What is its name?
Picture from a GS website. I had a AKC named Toby, but that was a long time ago. You do not need to train these dogs. They already know. A couple days with a trainer, and its done. My parents raised them for years. 2 went to the LAPD at 6 months, and we stayed in touch with the assignor/officer. Great dogs. We had Klondike, Fritz, Toby, and Roman. Named after Roman Gabriel--QB for the LA Rams. Toby was 90 lbs at 8 months. Klondike was his father, and was bigger.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 05, 2014, 12:10:16 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 05, 2014, 12:14:28 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!
me too, but this cigar ain't done!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 05, 2014, 12:16:41 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!
good night BD.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 05, 2014, 12:16:54 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!
///I'm not sure, but I think there is "Meat" showing in you slide AVI. Just saying. Smoke what you like, post what you got. Drink anything that has alcohol!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 05, 2014, 12:19:15 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!

Nite BD.

Sorry I got called away from the 'puter to "fix" the fridge.  It wouldn't quit running.  I closed the door.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 05, 2014, 12:20:57 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!

Nite BD.

Sorry I got called away from the 'puter to "fix" the fridge.  It wouldn't quit running.  I closed the door.
And got us to 18! Nite, Reg!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Regency on August 05, 2014, 12:24:29 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!

Nite BD.

Sorry I got called away from the 'puter to "fix" the fridge.  It wouldn't quit running.  I closed the door.
And got us to 18! Nite, Reg!

We made Oy proud (I hope).

Heading to bed myself too.  Goodnight all.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 05, 2014, 12:26:19 AM
It's time for me to head to bed.  Good night all...!

Nite BD.

Sorry I got called away from the 'puter to "fix" the fridge.  It wouldn't quit running.  I closed the door.
And got us to 18! Nite, Reg!

We made Oy proud (I hope).

Heading to bed myself too.  Goodnight all.
Oy, be odd? No, he just has a shocking sense of humor. And a good heart and soul!
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: glassken on August 05, 2014, 01:35:46 AM
I agree, and that was hilarious. The "your so pretty" comment too!
Ken, is that your new pup?  What is its name?
Picture from a GS website. I had a AKC named Toby, but that was a long time ago. You do not need to train these dogs. They already know. A couple days with a trainer, and its done. My parents raised them for years. 2 went to the LAPD at 6 months, and we stayed in touch with the assignor/officer. Great dogs. We had Klondike, Fritz, Toby, and Roman. Named after Roman Gabriel--QB for the LA Rams. Toby was 90 lbs at 8 months. Klondike was his father, and was bigger.
Toby, the Black German Shepard was named after Toby in the "Roots" series. I named him, and it seemed appropriate. He was 100% Black Shepard. I was 13. I loved that dog.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 05, 2014, 02:11:43 AM
18
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:41:58 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:42:57 AM
Today is Tuesday, August 5, the 217th day of 2014. There are 148 days left in the year. I wonder how long we will wait now to see what the FDA is going to do.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:43:31 AM
Today's Highlights in History:

On August 5, 1914, what's believed to be the first electric traffic light system was installed in Cleveland, Ohio, at the intersection of East 105th Street and Euclid Avenue. Montenegro declared war on Austria-Hungary at the start of World War I.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:43:58 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:44:20 AM
In 1864, during the Civil War, Union Adm. David G. Farragut led his fleet to victory in the Battle of Mobile Bay, Alabama.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:44:54 AM
In 1884, the cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty's pedestal was laid on Bedloe's Island in New York Harbor.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:45:32 AM
In 1924, the comic strip "Little Orphan Annie" by Harold Gray made its debut.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:45:56 AM
In 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt established the National Labor Board, which was later replaced with the National Labor Relations Board.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:46:16 AM
In 1953, Operation Big Switch began as remaining prisoners taken during the Korean War were exchanged at Panmunjom.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:46:45 AM
In 1954, 24 boxers became the first inductees into the Boxing Hall of Fame, including Henry Armstrong, Gentleman Jim Corbett, Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson, Joe Louis and John L. Sullivan.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:47:09 AM
In 1962, actress Marilyn Monroe, 36, was found dead in her Los Angeles home; her death was ruled a probable suicide from "acute barbiturate poisoning." South African anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela was arrested; it was the beginning of 27 years of imprisonment.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:47:31 AM
In 1964, U.S. Navy pilot Everett Alvarez Jr. became the first American flier to be shot down and captured by North Vietnam; he was held prisoner until February 1973.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:47:54 AM
In 1969, the U.S. space probe Mariner 7 flew by Mars, sending back photographs and scientific data.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:48:14 AM
In 1974, the White House released transcripts of subpoenaed tape recordings showing that President Richard Nixon and his chief of staff, H.R. Haldeman, had discussed a plan in June 1972 to use the CIA to thwart the FBI's Watergate investigation; revelation of the tape sparked Nixon's resignation.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:48:42 AM
In 1984, actor Richard Burton died in Geneva, Switzerland, at age 58.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:49:05 AM
In 1994, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington chose Kenneth W. Starr to take over the Whitewater investigation from Robert Fiske.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:49:32 AM
Ten years ago: New York City's director of ferries pleaded not guilty to 11 counts of manslaughter in the wreck of a Staten Island ferry. (Patrick Ryan later pleaded guilty to negligent manslaughter and was sentenced to a year in prison.) Two-year-old twins from the Philippines, Carl and Clarence Aguirre, born with the tops of their heads fused together, were separated after a 17-hour operation at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City. The Georgia men's basketball team was placed on four years' probation for rules violations under former coach Jim Harrick.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:49:55 AM
Five years ago: Journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrived in Burbank, California, for a tearful reunion with their families after a flight from North Korea, where they'd been held for 4 1/2 months until former President Bill Clinton helped secure their release. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE'-neh-zhahd) was sworn in for a second term as Iran's president. Budd Schulberg, 95, who'd written the Oscar-winning screenplay for the Marlon Brando classic "On the Waterfront," died in Westhampton Beach, Long Island, New York.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:50:19 AM
One year ago: A gunman opened fire at a municipal meeting in Ross Township, Pennsylvania, killing three people before he was tackled and shot with his own gun; authorities say the shooting stemmed from a dispute over living conditions at his ramshackle, trash-filled property. (Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Rockne Newell.) Alex Rodriguez was suspended through 2014 and All-Stars Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta and Everth Cabrera were banned 50 games apiece as Major League Baseball disciplined 13 players in a drug case.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:50:50 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor John Saxon is 78. College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player Roman Gabriel is 74. Country songwriter Bobby Braddock is 74. Actress Loni Anderson is 69. Actress Erika Slezak is 68. Rock singer Rick Derringer is 67. Actress Holly Palance is 64. Singer Samantha Sang is 61. Actress-singer Maureen McCormick is 58. Rock musician Pat Smear is 55. Author David Baldacci is 54. Actress Tawney Kitaen is 53. Actress Janet McTeer is 53. Country musician Mark O'Connor is 53. Basketball Hall-of-Famer Patrick Ewing is 52. Actor Jonathan Silverman is 48. Country singer Terri Clark is 46. Retired MLB All-Star John Olerud is 46. Rock musician Eicca Toppinen (EYE'-kah TAH'-pihn-nehn) (Apocalyptica) is 39. Actor Brendon Ryan Barrett is 28.
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:51:18 AM
Thought for Today: "We are all snobs of the Infinite, parvenus of the Eternal." — James Gibbons Huneker, American author and critic (1860-1921).

Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 02:52:34 AM
Actual Newspaper Headlines
-------------------------

Married Priests in Catholic Church a Long Time Coming

Prosecutors Want Victim in Courtroom During Murder Trial

Reason for More Bear Sightings: More Bears

Actor Sent to Jail for Not Finishing Sentence

Tiger Woods Play With Own Balls, Nike Says

Fireproof Clothing Factory Burns to Ground

Astronomers See Colorful Gas Clouds Bubble Out of Uranus

Chef Throws His Heart into Helping Feed Needy

Sex Offender Says Registering Will Hurt His Reputation

Psychics Predict World Didn't End Yesterday

Eye Drops Off Shelf

Federal Agents Raid Gun Shop, Find Weapons

Jane Fonda to Teens: Use Head to Avoid Pregnancy

Specialist: Electric Chair Can Be "Extremely Painful"

Child's Stool Great for Use in Garden

Petroleum Jelly Keeps Idle Tools Rust-Free

Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing

Man Tries Armed Robbery with Knife in Gun Store

Ban On Soliciting Dead in Trotwood

Statistics Show Teen Pregnancy Drops Off Significantly After Age 25

Air Board to Study Fast Food Emissions

Bank Drive-in Window Blocked by Board

Deaf Mute Gets New Hearing in Killing

State Prisons to Replace Easy Open Locks

Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case

British Study Finds Less Traffic When Roads Close

Enfields Couple Slain, Police Suspect Homicide

Gators to Face Seminoles with Peters Out

Young Marines Make Tasty Christmas Treats

Enraged Cow Injures Farmer with Ax

Farmer Bill Dies in House

Grandmother of Eight Makes Hole in One

Hirohito's Body Moved

Hospitals are Sued by Seven Foot Doctors

If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last A While

Complaints About NHL Referees Growing Ugly

Stolen Painting Found by Tree

Stud Tires Out

Air Head Fired

Women's Movement Called More Broad-Based

Arson Suspect is Held in Massachusetts Fire

Survivor of Siamese Twins Joins Parents

Teacher Strikes Idle Kids

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures

Men Recommend More Clubs for Wives
Title: Re: 8/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 05, 2014, 03:37:13 AM
It looks to be a quiet day around here in store for us today.