Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »

If you now get a death sentence in SC, you get to choose between the electric chair and a firing squad!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-penalty-electric-chair-firing-squad-south-carolina-new-law/

...but with the cost of ammo these days....
Heck, because of ammo cost, they are reducing the number of  proficiency qualifying rounds from 50 to 25 for concealed carry [soon to be open carry] permit.
Doesn't much matter.  50 rounds on paper do not better demonstrate competence than 25...or 10.  Carrying a gun is easy.  Using it is hard.

Also, when the average GI, police officer, or FBI agent has less training and practice than I have, the government has no grounds to assess competence anyway.
True.  That's what scared me a bit when I took the class.  Probably half a dozen or so in the class had not fired a gun before.  Why the hell do you want a conceal carry when you have no clue what you're doing?

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2021, 02:24:16 PM »

[...]

I feel like that could be the tagline in an anti-NRA commercial.

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »

Time to put a button on this 2fer. Hazzuh!

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2021, 02:27:28 PM »

Before, and after.

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2021, 03:44:00 PM »

Afternoon!

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »

Before, and after.

Looks good. You pleased?

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2021, 04:08:35 PM »

Two-fer lull? Hoping the hardest part of Tuesday is over. Things are looking up.
Spoke too soon. All hell broke loose.
Yeah, well it spilled all the way over here.  Please do something about it, wouldja?
Sorry, Raz. Working on it...
Don't make me have to put this on your permanent record.
Just do it, it's the only way he'll learn.
Or I could assign you to assist him.
Have the bald leading the bald....
Damn, I thought we were friends.

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2021, 04:11:24 PM »

Before, and after.

Looks good. You pleased?
Very.  This particular old soldier needed to be in uniform.

But I do miss having a shiny one.  So pondering how best to remedy that. ;-)

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »

Before, and after.

They dirtied it?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 5/18/2021
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »

Relax

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2021, 06:58:15 PM »

Before, and after.

They dirtied it?
Smartass.

They Parkerized it.  From their advent through the start of World War II, M1911s were Blued.  Originally they received a "Charcoal Bluing," which is gorgeous, but it's labor intensive and shiny.  Shiny is not good in combat.  It draws attention, which tends to be fatal.  So by the end of WWI, at the government's insistence, the pistols were nearly matte black in color.  Then the Government cancelled the contracts.  The "War to End All Wars" was over so they didn't need pistols.

By the time Hitler had taken Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, and France, the geniuses at the War Dept began to think they might should stock up on pistols, just in case this Hitler turned out not to be a flash in the pan.  So they started to rev the manufacturing engines in 1941.  Fortuitously enough, right about this time a fella named Darcy who worked for the Parker Rust Proof Company had filed a patent for a new acid-etching process that used phosphoric acid and zinc to cause a dark gray and extremely rust resistant finish to form on metal.  It was far more durable than bluing, but was cheaper and required less labor.  It wasn't as pretty as the Charcoal Blue finishes of early M1911s, but the prettiest gun in the world is the one that works after it's been through the mud, blood, and gore of combat and saves your ass when you're under fire.  Parkerized guns don't mind mud, blood and gore at all.  So all Government Model 1911s manufactured after 1941 and until the geniuses again cancelled the contracts in 1945 - like mine, which is from 1943 - were Parkerized when they left the factory.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]