Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 07:56:42 AM »

The good news is that CI is jamming again.

The bag news is that the current offering is...
Victor Sinclair 8-Cigar Flight Sampler - 8 / $24.99
Door #3 at the sis is a blast from the past. Those were a hot jam item back in the day.
Not at that price though.
$2.50 per is pretty solid these days.
I guess you're right. They definitely were cheaper back in the day but I guess everything is more expensive now. I remember when...

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 08:58:15 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2021, 09:10:07 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

Never heard of it, but it DOES look pretty delightful.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2021, 09:23:48 AM »

HC Series Criollo Toro - 10/32.50

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2021, 09:24:16 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.
So I imagine you're NOT looking forward to sleeping in over the weekend?

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2021, 09:58:39 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.
Good morning, Raz. Sorry about the insomnia. Wish I could offer up a good cure.

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

Never heard of it, but it DOES look pretty delightful.
I'm guessing you have heard of them but forgot. I haven't tried it but I'm sure if you search for "sfinge" there is a whole thread from years back between jwacky and me on the subject.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 10:04:16 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

Never heard of it, but it DOES look pretty delightful.
Seriously.  And I have no remote clue where to get decent zepps out here in the west.

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 10:05:39 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.
So I imagine you're NOT looking forward to sleeping in over the weekend?
I'd just like to stop being a zombie.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

Never heard of it, but it DOES look pretty delightful.
I'm guessing you have heard of them but forgot. I haven't tried it but I'm sure if you search for "sfinge" there is a whole thread from years back between jwacky and me on the subject.
Nada. Perhaps that was back in the CI banter days.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2021, 10:18:16 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

Never heard of it, but it DOES look pretty delightful.
Seriously.  And I have no remote clue where to get decent zepps out here in the west.
I prefer the cannoli filled ones but I couldn't find as nice a photo. I guess you'd take whatever you can get. There must be an Italian bakery in Seattle, no?

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 10:18:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.
So I imagine you're NOT looking forward to sleeping in over the weekend?
I'd just like to stop being a zombie.
That's the worst. When I get like that, it's almost like you can hear the tiredness in your head. I don't know how else to describe it, but the feeling is unmistakable.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 10:20:10 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.
Good morning, Raz. Sorry about the insomnia. Wish I could offer up a good cure.
This probably IS the cure.

I was getting uncomfortable with how much my whiskey burn rate had increased during the pandemic.  It had gotten too easy to transition from the last meeting of the day to a drink and a smoke while I finished up the "paperwork."  Then I'd have dinner about 7 and go back to my study for another smoke and drink, which sometimes  became three while I chatted with friends on social media until midnight.  I wasn't getting much else done.  Just working 12-14 hour days, drinking, and smoking cigars - and buying guitars with the overtime.

So when I ran out of whiskey a coupla weeks ago, I just didn't go buy any.  Mostly quit with the social media, too.  Figured I'd take a break for a while, and actually work at music again.  So maybe I'm in late-stage detox and that's disrupting my sleep.

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2021, 10:22:42 AM »

Hey on the bright side, it's Saint Joseph's Day! It doesn't get the same love that Saint Patty's gets. Personally, I'd rather have the sfinge (zeppole) than the green beer.

Never heard of it, but it DOES look pretty delightful.
Seriously.  And I have no remote clue where to get decent zepps out here in the west.
I prefer the cannoli filled ones but I couldn't find as nice a photo. I guess you'd take whatever you can get. There must be an Italian bakery in Seattle, no?
I've been avoiding Seattle for several years now.  The place is a shithole, thanks to "progressive" policy.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6