CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 9/20/2016  (Read 13626 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/20/2016
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 07:50:30 AM »

Good morning Daves, back to work after a day in the Children's Hospital in Morristown for a planned test
Morning Scott, Dean. Hope the test results were favorable.
No results for 10 days, my son is very small for his age, always at the bottom or below the growth curve for his age. After a couple trips to the endocrinologist and a nutritionist we are now making sure there's nothing blocking his production of growth hormone. They stimulated that yesterday and took blood every 30 minutes for 4 hours. No other health issues and he's a good athlete so as long as it's normal for him to be this size we won't pursue any other treatments (growth hormone).
Hope it all works out for him.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 07:51:25 AM »

241 Emails!  But down to 199 now while my clicker rests for the next batch.
And now there are 99!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2016, 07:51:53 AM »

good morning Dave, and Dave, and Dave. I'm on R&R today. Leonino and coffee to start.
Morning Dean. Any further details on Barry, anyone?
nothing more than what the obit said. morning Scott.
What the hell was the cause of death?
just said he died unexpectedly. I'm concerned about his cigars. he had quite a collection going back years. being Mennonite you know they'll probably just trash them along with his Maple Bourbon.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »

Let's remember Barry, whose funeral was scheduled to be on Monday.

I was stunned to hear of Barry's death. Thanks for all who posted info & links Would've like to have been at his funeral to pray for his soul, pay my respects & hear good things about him. He was one of the hardest working guys around: teaching school, taking care of his kids, making sure they did well in school & in hockey, surviving abandonment by his wife, rebuilding the old farm house, harvesting asparagus, helping everyone at Cigarfest , getting only 3-4 hours of sleep ... maybe he just wore out/// RIP, Barry! Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.  May his soul and all of the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen. Good man.
Amen.

sfish

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »

Good morning Daves, back to work after a day in the Children's Hospital in Morristown for a planned test
No results for 10 days, my son is very small for his age, always at the bottom or below the growth curve for his age. After a couple trips to the endocrinologist and a nutritionist we are now making sure there's nothing blocking his production of growth hormone. They stimulated that yesterday and took blood every 30 minutes for 4 hours. No other health issues and he's a good athlete so as long as it's normal for him to be this size we won't pursue any other treatments (growth hormone).
My middle kid is the same way, skinny as an absolute rail, a bit on the short side for her age. I'm sure it'll be nothing.
It's funny but my daughter is petite also, not that it's right but just seems more acceptable for girls than boys. They are 2 years apart and he's barely bigger than she is

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 07:55:23 AM »

120 Days!

sfish

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 07:56:04 AM »

good morning Dave, and Dave, and Dave. I'm on R&R today. Leonino and coffee to start.
Morning Dean. Any further details on Barry, anyone?
nothing more than what the obit said. morning Scott.
What the hell was the cause of death?
just said he died unexpectedly. I'm concerned about his cigars. he had quite a collection going back years. being Mennonite you know they'll probably just trash them along with his Maple Bourbon.
That would be sad considering the time and cost it takes to develop a nice collection and that we know what it meant to him

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »

Wow!  Got two new kindergarten bulletin boards in the office while I was gone.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »

Let's remember Barry, whose funeral was scheduled to be on Monday.

I was stunned to hear of Barry's death. Thanks for all who posted info & links Would've like to have been at his funeral to pray for his soul, pay my respects & hear good things about him. He was one of the hardest working guys around: teaching school, taking care of his kids, making sure they did well in school & in hockey, surviving abandonment by his wife, rebuilding the old farm house, harvesting asparagus, helping everyone at Cigarfest , getting only 3-4 hours of sleep ... maybe he just wore out/// RIP, Barry! Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.  May his soul and all of the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen. Good man.
Amen.
Here's an extended obituary with information if anyone cared to make a donation in Barry's name:  http://www.lifenews.ca/announcement/6862964-bauman-barry-lee

Threebean

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »

My middle kid is the same way, skinny as an absolute rail, a bit on the short side for her age. I'm sure it'll be nothing.
It's funny but my daughter is petite also, not that it's right but just seems more acceptable for girls than boys. They are 2 years apart and he's barely bigger than she is
The later teen years can bring dramatic changes.  My son's nickname on the cross country team in middle school was "Tiny".  Now he's 6 ft tall. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2016, 08:27:07 AM »

Been there and lived through that but always good to make sure there are no other underlying conditions, GoodDadsfish.  My mother never gave up trying to "fatten" me up.  Finally caught up with me in my 30's.

Threebean

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »

And Happy Tuesday, mofos.

Threebean

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »

Been there and lived through that but always good to make sure there are no other underlying conditions, GoodDadsfish.  My mother never gave up trying to "fatten" me up.  Finally caught up with me in my 30's.
Yep, those 30's are were a bitch.  Started thinning on top and thickening in the middle.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »

Morning Bean

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 08:29:55 AM »

241 Emails!  But down to 199 now while my clicker rests for the next batch.
And now there are 99!
And now there are -0-! and I am done for the day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11