CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 13, 2019, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 2/13/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on February 13, 2019, 12:00:03 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:19:02 AM
Morning Humps

“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love—then make that day count!”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:23:10 AM
57° now with Scattered showers and thunderstorms this morning, cloudy and 59° for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 05:33:55 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:35:32 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
sorry to hear that Rick.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:38:17 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
R.I.P. Leo, always a very sad occasion to lose a family pet of many years.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:38:53 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:40:00 AM
55° and light rain. probably have a hard time hitting 70's today.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 05:43:17 AM
Yes it's sad. I interacted with him daily. Definitely changed my perspective on animals/exotic pets.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 05:45:28 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
Uh oh. Chaos in the night.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:46:04 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
So did you shoot the bastards?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 05:46:37 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
That's a shame, Rick, sorry to hear it.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:46:38 AM
Morning Blue & Dean’O
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 05:48:06 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
I'll bet that got the ol' ticker pumping.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:48:34 AM
Yes it's sad. I interacted with him daily. Definitely changed my perspective on animals/exotic pets.
I was not familiar with Leo’s kind and just read some about them.  Seem to be nice low maintenance pets.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:51:48 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
I'll bet that got the ol' ticker pumping.
morning Dave.
not the most pleasant way to wake up.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 05:56:36 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
I'll bet that got the ol' ticker pumping.
morning Dave.
not the most pleasant way to wake up.
Might be time to call in one of Dean's Donut Divas.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 06:01:06 AM
I had a funny pet event last night, our Boykin Spaniel is a professionally trained bird hunting dog but in his heart he is a hunter of anything that moves.  We were watching tv last night and the dogs were laying in their usual spots on the floor between us and the tv.  A GEICO ad where a squirrel runs out in the road came on and when the spaniel saw the squirrel on tv he jumped up and charged the tv then stood there fixed on that damn squirrel until the commercial was over.

Edit:  the dog woke up and came in the family room and has been sitting motionless for about 10 minutes  staring at the tv watching for that damn squirrel.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 06:45:18 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
Sorry to hear it, brother.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 06:46:55 AM
Good morning, men.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 06:49:05 AM
Good morning, men.
Morning, Tony. Glad to see the shoveling didn't take you out last night after all.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 06:50:30 AM
Good morning, men.
morning Tony.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 06:59:17 AM
Good morning, men.
morning Tony.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 07:11:59 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 07:14:56 AM
I had a funny pet event last night, our Boykin Spaniel is a professionally trained bird hunting dog but in his heart he is a hunter of anything that moves.  We were watching tv last night and the dogs were laying in their usual spots on the floor between us and the tv.  A GEICO ad where a squirrel runs out in the road came on and when the spaniel saw the squirrel on tv he jumped up and charged the tv then stood there fixed on that damn squirrel until the commercial was over.

Edit:  the dog woke up and came in the family room and has been sitting motionless for about 10 minutes  staring at the tv watching for that damn squirrel.
Any squirrel hating dog is a friend of mine.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 07:15:53 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
Sorry to hear it, brother.
Thank you guys.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 07:16:16 AM
Good morning, men.
Morning, Tony. Glad to see the shoveling didn't take you out last night after all.
Just gotta keep getting fatter until it does. #IfAtFirstYouDontSucceed
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 07:17:55 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Wow, was that a positive result or is that precautionary?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 07:23:38 AM
I had a funny pet event last night, our Boykin Spaniel is a professionally trained bird hunting dog but in his heart he is a hunter of anything that moves.  We were watching tv last night and the dogs were laying in their usual spots on the floor between us and the tv.  A GEICO ad where a squirrel runs out in the road came on and when the spaniel saw the squirrel on tv he jumped up and charged the tv then stood there fixed on that damn squirrel until the commercial was over.

Edit:  the dog woke up and came in the family room and has been sitting motionless for about 10 minutes  staring at the tv watching for that damn squirrel.
Any squirrel hating dog is a friend of mine.
Bastard squirrels did several thousand $ of damage to my house in Austin.  Ate the insulation off the AC lines and some off the duct work in the attic.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 07:33:21 AM
9 years ago today 3 to 5 inches of snow fell across the entire Myrtle Beach area.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 07:37:16 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Wow, was that a positive result or is that precautionary?
standard operating procedue. ER fucked up, Health Dept raised hell with the hospital.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 07:42:19 AM
Yesterday Leo passed away. This family was really upset. Going to miss that Uromastyx. I got him in 04'(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/fade2aac19509a3b84c8ea35661962f7.jpg)
Sorry Rick, sucks losing a pet
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 07:53:24 AM
Good morning humpdayers.  Sorry to hear about the lizard, Rick.  RIP Leo.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 08:10:34 AM
Chilly 28 deg here this morning, but up to 65 and sunny, so no complaints.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 08:11:09 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:14:19 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
Easy to find other cats....
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:17:52 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Don't hear about that STD very often...
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:19:31 AM
Sorry to hear about Leo, Rick.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 08:20:12 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Wow, was that a positive result or is that precautionary?
standard operating procedue. ER fucked up, Health Dept raised hell with the hospital.
Back in the day that was a miserable ordeal with one daily injection in the stomach for 14 days.

Much improved now:

For post-exposure prevention after you have been bitten or exposed to rabies, you will need to receive a total of 4 shots. The first shot is given as soon as possible, and the rest are usually given on Days 3, 7, and 14. With the first shot you may also receive a separate injection of rabies immune globulin (im-YOON GLOB-yoo-lin). This injection is given directly into or near the bite wound or injury where the rabies virus is likely to have entered your body.

Injections are no longer in the stomach either.

Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:20:13 AM
Morning SCDave, LTG, DonutDean, Mr. Mayor and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 08:21:20 AM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 08:22:05 AM
Morning SCDave, LTG, DonutDean, Mr. Mayor and Mr. Bean.
Morning ? Dave
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:25:12 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Wow, was that a positive result or is that precautionary?
standard operating procedue. ER fucked up, Health Dept raised hell with the hospital.
Back in the day that was a miserable ordeal with one daily injection in the stomach for 14 days.

Much improved now:

For post-exposure prevention after you have been bitten or exposed to rabies, you will need to receive a total of 4 shots. The first shot is given as soon as possible, and the rest are usually given on Days 3, 7, and 14. With the first shot you may also receive a separate injection of rabies immune globulin (im-YOON GLOB-yoo-lin). This injection is given directly into or near the bite wound or injury where the rabies virus is likely to have entered your body.

Injections are no longer in the stomach either.
One of the very few viruses that you can effectively vaccinate for post infection.

I was vaccinated for rabies back in the day, but as it was prophylactic, it was a series similar to other vaccinations, just three shots.
  Got it because I worked for a company that made vaccines for animals, including rabies.
 Came as a bit of a shock to a professor when we did blood screens in graduate school.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 08:26:50 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal🙄” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:28:42 AM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:31:25 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal🙄” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I have scaled back considerably.  Occasional deals at Holts or Atlantic, and interesting fiver or two from Cigar Federation or SBC or the Sis, and occasional visit to the Devil.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 08:32:21 AM
[...]

In the elementary school years (1950’s and early 60’s) I had several classmates that got bitten by various varmints and had to go through the entire post-exposure routine and I remember how painful they all said it was.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 08:34:19 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal🙄” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I have scaled back considerably.  Occasional deals at Holts or Atlantic, and interesting fiver or two from Cigar Federation or SBC or the Sis, and occasional visit to the Devil.
Probably about the best solutions these days, I was figuring most would be buying less and smoking the humi’s down more.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:39:35 AM
Today in History
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 13, the 44th day of 2019. There are 321 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Feb. 13, 2016, Justice Antonin Scalia, the influential conservative and most provocative member of the U.S. Supreme Court, was found dead at a private residence in the Big Bend area of West Texas; he was 79.
On this date:
In 1633, Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei arrived in Rome for trial before the Inquisition, accused of defending Copernican theory that the Earth revolved around the sun instead of the other way around. (Galileo was found vehemently suspect of heresy, and ended up being sentenced to a form of house arrest.)
In 1861, Abraham Lincoln was officially declared winner of the 1860 presidential election as electors cast their ballots.
In 1935, a jury in Flemington, New Jersey, found Bruno Richard Hauptmann guilty of first-degree murder in the kidnap-slaying of Charles A. Lindbergh Jr., the 20-month-old son of Charles and Anne Lindbergh. (Hauptmann was later executed.)
In 1943, during World War II, the U.S. Marine Corps Women's Reserve was officially established.
In 1945, during World War II, Allied planes began bombing the German city of Dresden. The Soviets captured Budapest, Hungary, from the Germans.
In 1974, Nobel Prize-winning Russian author Alexander Solzhenitsyn was expelled from the Soviet Union.
In 1984, Konstantin Chernenko (chehr-NYEN'-koh) was chosen to be general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party's Central Committee, succeeding the late Yuri Andropov.
In 1988, the 15th Winter Olympics opened in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
In 1996, the rock musical "Rent," by Jonathan Larson, opened off-Broadway.
In 1998, Dr. David Satcher was sworn in as the 16th Surgeon General of the United States during an Oval Office ceremony.
In 2013, beginning a long farewell to his flock, a weary Pope Benedict XVI celebrated his final public Mass as pontiff, presiding over Ash Wednesday services inside St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican.
In 2017, President Donald Trump's embattled national security adviser, Michael Flynn, resigned following reports he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other officials about his contacts with Russia. Kim Jong Nam, the estranged half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, died after falling ill at an airport terminal in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; two women are accused of killing him by smearing a nerve agent onto his face.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:40:19 AM
Ten years ago: A $787 billion stimulus bill aimed at easing the worst economic crisis in decades cleared both houses of Congress. Peanut Corp. of America, the Lynchburg, Va.-based peanut processing company at the heart of a national salmonella outbreak, filed for bankruptcy. A female suicide bomber targeted Shiite pilgrims in Musayyib, Iraq, killing at least 40.

Five years ago: Justyna Kowalczyk of Poland dominated her favorite event at the Sochi Olympics, winning the women's cross-country 10-kilometer classical race despite skiing with a fractured foot; Japanese figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu won the men's short program on a night that four-time Olympic medalist Evgeni Plushenko retired from competitive skating. Actor Ralph Waite, 85, died in Palm Desert, California.

One year ago: President Donald Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, said he had paid $130,000 out of his own pocket to a porn actress who claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Trump. Ahmad Khan Rahimi was sentenced in New York to multiple terms of life in prison for setting off small bombs in New York and New Jersey, including a pressure-cooker device that blasted shrapnel across a New York City block; the attacks in September, 2016, left 30 people injured. A bichon frise named Flynn was named best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club in New York, a choice that seemed to surprise most in the packed crowd at Madison Square Garden.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:43:19 AM
Today's Birthdays:

U.S. Air Force Maj. Gen. Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager (ret.) is 96.
Actress Kim Novak is 86.
Actor George Segal is 85.
Actor Bo Svenson is 78.
Actress Carol Lynley is 77.
Singer-musician Peter Tork (The Monkees) is 77.
Actress Stockard Channing is 75.
Talk show host Jerry Springer is 75. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., is 73.
Singer Peter Gabriel is 69.
Actor David Naughton is 68.
Rock musician Peter Hook is 63.
Actor Matt Salinger is 59.
Singer Henry Rollins is 58.
Actor Neal McDonough is 53.
Singer Freedom Williams is 53.
Actress Kelly Hu is 51.
Rock singer Matt Berninger (The National) is 48.
Rock musician Todd Harrell (formerly with 3 Doors Down) is 47.
Country musician Scott Thomas (Parmalee) is 46.
Singer Robbie Williams is 45.
Singer-songwriter Feist is 43.
Rhythm-and-blues performer Natalie Stewart is 40.
Actress Mena Suvari (MEE'-nuh soo-VAHR'-ee) is 40.
Rock musician Dash Hutton (Haim (HY'-ehm)) is 34.
Actress Katie Volding is 30.
Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. (also known as Prince Michael Jackson I) is 22.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:43:55 AM
Thought for Today: "The world has no sympathy with any but positive griefs; it will pity you for what you lose, but never for what you lack." — Anne Sophie Swetchine, Russian-French author (1782-1857).
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 08:48:31 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
Easy to find other cats....
And then leave them where you found them.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 08:48:47 AM
morning Dave and Rick.
I was woken at around 3am to a crash at the front living room window. grabbed the gun and sonofabitch the cats tore down the front blinds on the 72" x 50" window. tore it all to hell.
do you know how hard it is to find those? bastards.
Easy to find other cats....
Or no cats at all...
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 08:58:00 AM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
I'm a huge fan of the Espinosa line.  Connecticut, habano, especial. Even their bundled e line is good for a work cigar
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 09:00:16 AM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
I don't see why not, I like most of his stuff. I think the Warhead Lancero is outstanding so I have some faith in his limited offerings.

BTW I revisited the latest Murcialago and it's still not good
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 09:00:47 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 09:02:07 AM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
Me too. Erik has quite the following
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 09:09:02 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal🙄” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I don't buy too much anymore, I have a ton of cigars relative to my smoking frequency so I only jump on special deals.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 09:12:59 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal🙄” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I don't buy too much anymore, I have a ton of cigars relative to my smoking frequency so I only jump on special deals.
Same here, especially this time of year, when I'm lucky to have 2-3 cigars a month.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 09:13:36 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 09:17:29 AM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
I don't see why not, I like most of his stuff. I think the Warhead Lancero is outstanding so I have some faith in his limited offerings.

BTW I revisited the latest Murcialago and it's still not good
IMO the Warhead I, II and III’s were all excellent smokes with the III being the best by far.  After smoking 2 of them I think the Warhead IV is a dud.

Mercialago original is great, the following  2 attempts were duds.

601 Blue original was an excellent smoke but after they changed the label they went downhill.

Laranja remains excellent

Overall based on those I have smoked I would say Espinosa has gone downhill, BUT I have not tried most of the newer stuff other than the Warhead IV and Mercialagos.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 09:17:52 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I don't buy too much anymore, I have a ton of cigars relative to my smoking frequency so I only jump on special deals.
Same here, especially this time of year, when I'm lucky to have 2-3 cigars a month.
Sounds like my daily consumption
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 09:18:57 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 09:19:18 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I don't buy too much anymore, I have a ton of cigars relative to my smoking frequency so I only jump on special deals.
Same here, especially this time of year, whenb I'm lucky to have 2-3 cigars a month.
Sounds like my daily consumption
Early morning consumption for Dean’O 😀

I probably average 2-3/week this time of the year.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 09:22:43 AM
[...]

They reblended the habano and I think it's great. The 601 blue I think is still fantastic. A cigar is going to taste a bit different than it's initial release no matter who is making them but that's just me. So many different hands and vintages
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 09:22:54 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
Yeah, I agree and their special lists are almost getting like the crazy chit at the Page where it takes way to long to go through it.  But at least Holts has pictures so easier to go through
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 09:30:54 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 09:45:21 AM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
Same here, I hav discontinued most of the email specials because they never offer anything significant anymore.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 11:08:06 AM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 11:11:36 AM
time to get lady and take her to the Health Dept for rabies treatment.
Wow, was that a positive result or is that precautionary?
standard operating procedue. ER fucked up, Health Dept raised hell with the hospital.
Back in the day that was a miserable ordeal with one daily injection in the stomach for 14 days.

Much improved now:

For post-exposure prevention after you have been bitten or exposed to rabies, you will need to receive a total of 4 shots. The first shot is given as soon as possible, and the rest are usually given on Days 3, 7, and 14. With the first shot you may also receive a separate injection of rabies immune globulin (im-YOON GLOB-yoo-lin). This injection is given directly into or near the bite wound or injury where the rabies virus is likely to have entered your body.

Injections are no longer in the stomach either.
luckily she was vaccinated years ago and only doing boosters today and Friday unless the bloodwork comes back positive. had she not been previously vaccinated they would have had to give the globulin injection in the wound site. I just removed the bandage and cleaned the wound. still oozing a bit of blood. cleaned it up and re-dressed it. it's a nasty bite on the end of her index finger.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 11:26:37 AM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 11:47:42 AM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
You're part of the text string, apply some pressure by telling them you need to book it
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 11:50:12 AM
[...]

Sure nice that she had previously been vaccinated.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 11:56:05 AM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
You're part of the text string, apply some pressure by telling them you need to book it
But not too much pressure, don't need them running for their safe spaces.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 11:59:50 AM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
You're part of the text string, apply some pressure by telling them you need to book it
But not too much pressure, don't need them running for their safe spaces.
I think they might be doing just that.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 12:05:25 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
I don't buy too much anymore, I have a ton of cigars relative to my smoking frequency so I only jump on special deals.
+1
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 12:07:51 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 12:09:02 PM
golf course is closed due to rain and cold.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 12:12:56 PM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
You're part of the text string, apply some pressure by telling them you need to book it
But not too much pressure, don't need them running for their safe spaces.
Dropping like flies, Rocco's out
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 12:13:03 PM
golf course is closed due to rain and cold.
Bastards!
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 12:27:40 PM
golf course is closed due to rain and cold.
Don’t you play golf in Florida?

Golf course across the waterway is pretty busy today.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 12:30:09 PM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
I don't see why not, I like most of his stuff. I think the Warhead Lancero is outstanding so I have some faith in his limited offerings.

BTW I revisited the latest Murcialago and it's still not good
That one was blended by AJF, wasn't it?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 12:37:15 PM
golf course is closed due to rain and cold.
Why?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 12:37:51 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
Oh that's what we are huh?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 12:39:57 PM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
I don't see why not, I like most of his stuff. I think the Warhead Lancero is outstanding so I have some faith in his limited offerings.

BTW I revisited the latest Murcialago and it's still not good
That one was blended by AJF, wasn't it?
I think the story is reverse engineered by Espinosa and produced at San Lotano factory by AJ
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 12:40:04 PM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
You're part of the text string, apply some pressure by telling them you need to book it
But not too much pressure, don't need them running for their safe spaces.
Dropping like flies, Rocco's out
What is Whip 'em out Wednesday before Cfest?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 12:44:47 PM
Lackofcigarbuying lull?
WaitingforpeopletodecideaboutCF lull, more like.
You're part of the text string, apply some pressure by telling them you need to book it
But not too much pressure, don't need them running for their safe spaces.
Dropping like flies, Rocco's out
What is Whip 'em out Wednesday before Cfest?
Hopefully, exactly what it sounds like, since we won't get there until Thursday.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 12:45:31 PM
golf course is closed due to rain and cold.
Don’t you play golf in Florida?

Golf course across the waterway is pretty busy today.
got some minor flooding I guess. course called cancelling. I would have played, not that cold.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 12:49:47 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
Oh that's what we are huh?
No but he is for some reason being nice to us today😀
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 12:54:00 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
Oh that's what we are huh?
You're only just learning this now, Bozo?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 01:35:55 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
CNS
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 01:37:16 PM
I must say I'm interested

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-cigars-launches-rare-species-series-with-wendigo/293935
I'll wait and see.  Goes against my rule avoiding unbanded cigars (exception made for Lirio Rojo).  Really think Espinosa will have another that measures up to Laranja?
I don't see why not, I like most of his stuff. I think the Warhead Lancero is outstanding so I have some faith in his limited offerings.

BTW I revisited the latest Murcialago and it's still not good
That one was blended by AJF, wasn't it?
I think the story is reverse engineered by Espinosa and produced at San Lotano factory by AJ
It was super strong OTT, a year helped the strength but not much else overall
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 01:55:03 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
CNS
I have to ask what does CNS mean?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 01:58:44 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
Oh that's what we are huh?
You're only just learning this now, Bozo?
It's Krusty, get it right
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 02:04:07 PM
Don't know Dapper cigars, but here's your special for today:

Dapper Day!

Today we have two specials on Dapper Cigars and we are excited to raffle off a one of a kind Dapper El Borracho Edmundo Maduro Ceramic Box (includes 16 El Borracho Edmundo Maduro Cigars). Any use of the codes below will enter you into a chance to win! Will announce the winner Thursday morning in the Daily Batch! Also if you have never heard of Dapper Cigars checkout the great article below!

CODE: Dapper = 17% off plus 5% reward points no minimum on Dapper category.

CODE: Dapper100 = 24% off plus 5% reward points on orders $100+ on Dapper category.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 02:11:50 PM
I don’t buy many cigars anymore but I do check the regular “deal” sites mostly for curiosity .

Other than on the occasional decent deal offers how are most folks buying cigars these days, just the regular “discount” online prices or what?
If I see a deal worth buying I will pick on up at CI, c.com, etc but Holt's has been getting my money lately with their one day grabs on boxes
Seems like Holt's has the most consistent deals you could actually call deals.
True, but a lot of repeats which makes it hard to open their emails every day.
That's true, though, I rarely look at the emails. I just usually open up the different pages in the morning and see what's offered.
I get all the emails and open none of them. I wait for you clowns to bring the deals to my attention.
CNS
I have to ask what does CNS mean?
Chuckled, Now Smiling
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 02:13:22 PM
[...]

LOL, I always thought it meant Can Not Say😂
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 13, 2019, 02:16:53 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 02:18:50 PM
[...]

me too.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 02:18:56 PM
[...]

Thank you Scottfish for clarifying. Looks like I wasn't the only one.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 02:19:11 PM
Hazzuh!
later Dave. stay warm.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 02:34:34 PM
good time for a nap.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 02:50:06 PM
good time for a nap.
Exactly what I was thinking
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 02:54:16 PM
Had a tugboat parade, almost missed the first one.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: sfish on February 13, 2019, 02:56:19 PM
[...]

LOL, who knew?
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 02:57:41 PM
[...]

Or who thought they knew and really didn’t 😀
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 03:02:20 PM
Congrats on 14K Mr. Fishy.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 03:02:42 PM
Fine couple of afternoon tugs there SCDave.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 03:52:29 PM
Now this Pig knows his ass!

An Instagram fitness model with 13 million followers was bitten by a pig while trying to take photos with them in the Bahamas

https://www.thisisinsider.com/instagram-fitness-model-michelle-lewis-bitten-by-pig-while-trying-to-take-photos-2019-2

Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 03:53:41 PM
[...]

My recollection is LTG made that up.  Why we followed his lead I'll never know.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 03:57:44 PM
Now this Pig knows his ass!

An Instagram fitness model with 13 million followers was bitten by a pig while trying to take photos with them in the Bahamas

https://www.thisisinsider.com/instagram-fitness-model-michelle-lewis-bitten-by-pig-while-trying-to-take-photos-2019-2
Can you blame him/it?  Oink!
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 03:58:10 PM
[...]

If that is the case it stands for Communist News Service
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on February 13, 2019, 04:18:36 PM
[...]

In the man cave looking out at 50 to 60 mph gusts.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190213/f2f98411d25097af4ebf7a839b2e84bf.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:14:09 PM
February 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM EST - Updated February 13 at 4:13 PM

WICHITA, KS (KWCH/Gray News) - A report of a bomb threat at a Wichita Home Depot store turned out to be more of a warning for other customers in the restroom.

Sedgwick County Communications released a 911 call in which the caller states that someone may have a bomb at the store.

"We just had a customer here made what may have been a bomb threat," said the caller. "He said, uh, somebody told me there's a bomb in here and you need to leave the building. He said it three times."
Police went out to the Home Depot at K-96 and Woodlawn to investigate.

Someone there told staff they overheard the threat in the store's restroom.

Police did some investigating and learned the "bomb threat" came from a man in a bathroom stall warning others about the severity of his need to use the restroom.

"You all need to get out of here because I'm fixin' to blow it up."
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:30:53 PM
[...]

Home Depot going to start selling Safe Rooms next.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:36:32 PM
https://ny.curbed.com/platform/amp/maps/new-york-places-to-cry-parks-landmarks
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 13, 2019, 05:49:09 PM
A concealed carrier is being called a hero after he sprung into action, shooting and subduing a suspect who had stormed into a dentist’s office in Kingsport, Tennessee and shot a woman, believed to be his estranged wife.

Who knows what else would have happened had the citizen not engaged the shooter.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on February 13, 2019, 05:52:52 PM
A concealed carrier is being called a hero after he sprung into action, shooting and subduing a suspect who had stormed into a dentist’s office in Kingsport, Tennessee and shot a woman, believed to be his estranged wife.

Who knows what else would have happened had the citizen not engaged the shooter.
I never did like dentist offices.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 08:17:47 PM
[...]

The guy should be lauded for his consideration.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 08:20:20 PM
A concealed carrier is being called a hero after he sprung into action, shooting and subduing a suspect who had stormed into a dentist’s office in Kingsport, Tennessee and shot a woman, believed to be his estranged wife.

Who knows what else would have happened had the citizen not engaged the shooter.
I never did like dentist offices.
Are you sure?
(https://sunriseschoolofdentalassisting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/dental-assistant.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 13, 2019, 08:23:56 PM
A concealed carrier is being called a hero after he sprung into action, shooting and subduing a suspect who had stormed into a dentist’s office in Kingsport, Tennessee and shot a woman, believed to be his estranged wife.

Who knows what else would have happened had the citizen not engaged the shooter.
I never did like dentist offices.
Are you sure?
(https://sunriseschoolofdentalassisting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/dental-assistant.jpg)
So you go twice a year for sure.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 08:49:50 PM
Had a tugboat parade, almost missed the first one.
Saw this earlier but didn't have a chance to comment. Nice and soothing to look at after a shit day.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 08:57:09 PM
Now this Pig knows his ass!

An Instagram fitness model with 13 million followers was bitten by a pig while trying to take photos with them in the Bahamas

https://www.thisisinsider.com/instagram-fitness-model-michelle-lewis-bitten-by-pig-while-trying-to-take-photos-2019-2
Even better to look at!
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 09:06:43 PM
[...]

I believe Scott made that one up but he is forgetting what it stands for... Chuckled, Now Stopped.

LTG's is LALTS, which stands for Laughed A Little, Then Stopped. He's also got a much longer variety but I couldn't remember it now to save my life.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 09:17:25 PM
[...]

Search feature on this site works pretty well...

Laughed So Hard My Ass Might Fall Off But It Probably Won't (LSHMAMFOBIPW)
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on February 13, 2019, 09:27:24 PM
[...]

You are correct, "chuckled, now stopped" is it.  Unless you want to do search for "CNS" and find its first use, authorship verification may have to wait until the morning.
Title: Re: 2/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 13, 2019, 09:39:34 PM
[...]

I stopped caring.