CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: 11/5/2014  (Read 24626 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 11/5/2014
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2014, 07:42:06 AM »

Hump DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Hey RunnerDave...how did the elections go? 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Pretty much as expected here, no surprises. Local school levy to fix up the high school stadium was shot down pretty hard. Glad I send my kids out of the district. How's about you?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Pretty much as expected here, no surprises. Local school levy to fix up the high school stadium was shot down pretty hard. Glad I send my kids out of the district. How's about you?
Overall good, Republicans gained some ground and 2 measures I cared about-1)the clause we were going to add to 'protect life at all stages', which was a blanket Catholic abortion initiative that got shot down fairly hard(65% or so) that wasn't exclusive enough to not cover IVF, DNRs, etc and 2)the one with us giving 1.5Bil/yr outside of the state to 'consultants' to help us spend our extra oil revenue...shocked that one didn't pass! ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Overall good, Republicans gained some ground and 2 measures I cared about-1)the clause we were going to add to 'protect life at all stages', which was a blanket Catholic abortion initiative that got shot down fairly hard(65% or so) that wasn't exclusive enough to not cover IVF, DNRs, etc and 2)the one with us giving 1.5Bil/yr outside of the state to 'consultants' to help us spend our extra oil revenue...shocked that one didn't pass! ;)
I'd offer to help you guys with that problem for a quarter of the price!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 08:02:28 AM »

Hey!  Keep it down!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 08:03:17 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
I'd offer to help you guys with that problem for a quarter of the price!
No shit right!  We already have a 'Legacy Tax' or something that takes 20% off the top of oil revenues, so giving another chunk of the surplus away to a 3-member, out of state committee, seems like the dumbest fucking idea ever.  ;D

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2014, 08:05:15 AM »

Wow what a surprise another crappy Jam selection.
Cant spoil us though after such a nice Election Day yesterday, we still have a runoff for Mary in January ahead of us and expect lots more money spent to send her packing.
Very sadly for the entire nation it is Pretty much impossible for a Landrieu to lose if you believe in History repeating itself.  We made some definite progress but because of the Turncoats (RINOS) and spineless bastards it is not a fool proof margin at all.
We're in for a long 2 years of absolutely nothing being accomplished in DC.
Best thing that can happen

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2014, 08:06:22 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Welll we have a new $20 million High school stadium I will be happy to split my share of the cost with you.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Welll we have a new $20 million High school stadium I will be happy to split my share of the cost with you.
I remember the days of going to the HS games when I was in Dallas, just unreal...bigger than most non-D1 colleges.

dwgbryant

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »

good morning guys. did a bit of lawn maintenance this morning and just finished mopping the floor of my camper. OOO toro and coffee as I wait for the floor to dry, then it's meeting time and GOLF.

had a long talk with the landlady yesterday afternoon after my excursion to Lakeland to some  80 miles out in the middle of nowhere. landlady told me she is having my furnace fixed. well, suspect parts ordered that may remedy the problem, but she is shopping for a nicer and larger camper for me. time will tell. she looked really nice with a blouse have a plunging neckline that rested just at the edge of her nipples. I jokingly told her  it was difficult to look her in the eyes as we talked being dressed like that and she said she appreciated the honesty and attention. ha, if she only knew.

she told me not to put a completely new roof on the camper, that if I sealed all the leaks to leave the rest alone, submit the receipts and she'll take it off the rent. she also wanted to reduce my rent for the work I've done but I told her  that we had a rental agreement and the contract strictly states what I pay and I didn't mind puttering around. so, I have to now prepare my site for a different camper, and I need to figure how and where I'm putting it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2014, 08:30:27 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Would've been a pretty good deal for the city, at about $30 a year in taxes, but we have far too many old folks in the city that vote down everything that has to do with the schools, no matter what it is.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »

good morning guys. did a bit of lawn maintenance this morning and just finished mopping the floor of my camper. OOO toro and coffee as I wait for the floor to dry, then it's meeting time and GOLF.

had a long talk with the landlady yesterday afternoon after my excursion to Lakeland to some  80 miles out in the middle of nowhere. landlady told me she is having my furnace fixed. well, suspect parts ordered that may remedy the problem, but she is shopping for a nicer and larger camper for me. time will tell. she looked really nice with a blouse have a plunging neckline that rested just at the edge of her nipples. I jokingly told her  it was difficult to look her in the eyes as we talked being dressed like that and she said she appreciated the honesty and attention. ha, if she only knew.

she told me not to put a completely new roof on the camper, that if I sealed all the leaks to leave the rest alone, submit the receipts and she'll take it off the rent. she also wanted to reduce my rent for the work I've done but I told her  that we had a rental agreement and the contract strictly states what I pay and I didn't mind puttering around. so, I have to now prepare my site for a different camper, and I need to figure how and where I'm putting it.
TL;DR - Dean saw 40% of landlady boob, continues to work for free.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2014, 08:32:18 AM »

ShaunShaunShaunShaun
I remember the days of going to the HS games when I was in Dallas, just unreal...bigger than most non-D1 colleges.
Unbelievable how much tax $ it costs me.  Even has a $580,000 jumbo tron tv.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2014, 08:34:15 AM »

"ha, if she only knew"   - SHE KNOWS!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19