CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: 12/27/2018  (Read 8639 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 12/27/2018
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »

In an effort to do some serious procrastinating, I finally gave SeriousCigars a call regarding my order from November 24th... They said they would overnight it and give me back 15% for dropping the ball and not responding to my email inquiries. Let's see what happens.
Also did some other cigar shopping. Finally used my old cigar.com gift cards to sample a bunch of different Micallefs. Been hearing really good things about them. I'll keep y'all posted...
That is one I have to look up. Yes please keep us posted. Hope you get all your cigars safely.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »

The truth about raising cigars is real. The deadline for FDA payment is upon the manufacturers. The FDA did nothing but postpone their proposed bill. On top of this big hit. Many manufacturers had to hire lawyers to try and comply with the legalities of the "ingredients" the FDA has proposed. Manufacturers have spent tens of thousands of dollars. All for preparing for regulations them and us hope never go into effect. The fight is real and we need to do all we can as Americans to fight the FDA. Don't be upset at the manufacturers be upset at the FDA and do all you can. Follow Cigar Rights of America and write your Congressmen.

I'm all for CRA and have been a member for years. I've even written my congressman a bunch of times. The thing that gets me is that prices had been previously raised based on what the FDA was going to do. The decisions have been postponed for so long that now the manufacturers are looking to raise prices again. In the end, the consumer always gets the shaft.
I'll go with that version.
I’ll go with most of Tony’s version, the CRA is a B.S. Lobbying business that the cigar retailers and manufacturers want their customers to pay for rather than themselves paying for it.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »

Lots of rain last night but supposed to be a nice day today.  Brought my range bag to the office with hopes I can slip past the HR prick and go prepare for the coming zombie apocalypse.
I got pulled over the other night and couldn't remember if I took my pistol out of the side pocket of my golf bag. what a fiasco that was.
Just hit them with a nine iron, what golf shot requires a pistol?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2018, 11:18:57 AM »

In an effort to do some serious procrastinating, I finally gave SeriousCigars a call regarding my order from November 24th... They said they would overnight it and give me back 15% for dropping the ball and not responding to my email inquiries. Let's see what happens.
Also did some other cigar shopping. Finally used my old cigar.com gift cards to sample a bunch of different Micallefs. Been hearing really good things about them. I'll keep y'all posted...
That is one I have to look up. Yes please keep us posted. Hope you get all your cigars safely.
Charlie first told me about the Micallef Leyenda. Said it was about the best cigar he'd ever smoked... And that's saying a lot. Since then, I've noticed Cigar Vixen being associated with them. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a single of each of the Micallef lines, in the smallest vitola offered by cigar.com in order to use my old gift cards from 2017.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2018, 11:20:39 AM »

Hiya Flip, what's for lunch? I'm starving.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »

i got a corn muffin here at the desk, but I had the Italian seafood salad(shrimp, scunguilli,
squid, celery, flat leaf parsley, dressed in Olive oil & lemon juice), from Christmas eve
for breakfast, while watching Good Morning America.  Never guess what
auto correct wanted to change scunguilli to!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2018, 11:40:11 AM »

i got a corn muffin here at the desk, but I had the Italian seafood salad(shrimp, scunguilli,
squid, celery, flat leaf parsley, dressed in Olive oil & lemon juice), from Christmas eve
That sounds delicious but not sure I'd eat it for breakfast.

Please do tell, I always enjoy autocorrect changes.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2018, 12:12:16 PM »

scunguilli   ->  cunnilingus

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2018, 12:13:53 PM »

Still makes sense if you read the original post.

Threebean

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »

Still makes sense if you read the original post.
The olive oil and lemon juice would be an interesting addition to the experience.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »

I was curious myself, got some Micallef Sumatra to try, still resting.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2018, 12:35:34 PM »

Charlie first told me about the Micallef Leyenda. Said it was about the best cigar he'd ever smoked... And that's saying a lot. Since then, I've noticed Cigar Vixen being associated with them. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a single of each of the Micallef lines, in the smallest vitola offered by cigar.com in order to use my old gift cards from 2017.
Spending a bit of time with the Vixen it seems...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »

About the same aroma...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2018, 12:38:27 PM »

Micallef Reserva Limitada Privada made #17 on CA list.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2018, 12:43:00 PM »

Spending a bit of time with the Vixen it seems...
Yeah she likes lanceros
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10