CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 23, 2018, 12:00:56 AM

Title: 12/23/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 23, 2018, 12:00:56 AM
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 23, 2018, 12:15:16 AM
Good evening or morning. Hope you find time to enjoy a cigar. I'm finishing my evening with a RP TaviCusa. Supposedly only 42 rollers on the floor in that Nicaraguan factory.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 23, 2018, 12:24:10 AM
I thought I read that somewhere but maybe the rest are on holiday
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 05:02:49 AM
I thought I read that somewhere but maybe the rest are on holiday
good morning Rick.
let's all hope they are on holiday.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 05:18:51 AM
coffee poured, Nat Sherman habano robusto cut and lit.
life is good.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 05:45:08 AM
Morning Dean and Blue
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 05:45:55 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- As of Saturday morning, Richard Overton remains in the hospital fighting a battle against pneumonia.

Richard Overton is the U.S.'s oldest living veteran. He served in World War II.

According to his cousin, Volma Overton Jr., Overton remains in the hospital, and Friday evening was his last day on the antibiotics he has been taking to fight the pneumonia.

The family asks that everyone continues to keep Overton in their thoughts and prayers, and thanked the public for their help in his battle.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 06:00:53 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 06:07:06 AM
Clear and 38 degrees here, only up to 58 for a high.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 06:15:33 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- As of Saturday morning, Richard Overton remains in the hospital fighting a battle against pneumonia.

Richard Overton is the U.S.'s oldest living veteran. He served in World War II.

According to his cousin, Volma Overton Jr., Overton remains in the hospital, and Friday evening was his last day on the antibiotics he has been taking to fight the pneumonia.

The family asks that everyone continues to keep Overton in their thoughts and prayers, and thanked the public for their help in his battle.
keep fighting old man. lighting a cigar in your honor.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 06:16:54 AM
Clear and 38 degrees here, only up to 58 for a high.
36° and partly cloudy here. might hit mid 60's.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 06:17:56 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
so long as they don't hang on to my SS check I could care less.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 06:21:51 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
so long as they don't hang on to my SS check I could care less.
It will be there
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 06:24:13 AM
Full moon has really got the tides high
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:03:49 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- As of Saturday morning, Richard Overton remains in the hospital fighting a battle against pneumonia.

Richard Overton is the U.S.'s oldest living veteran. He served in World War II.

According to his cousin, Volma Overton Jr., Overton remains in the hospital, and Friday evening was his last day on the antibiotics he has been taking to fight the pneumonia.

The family asks that everyone continues to keep Overton in their thoughts and prayers, and thanked the public for their help in his battle.
I certainly will continue to do so.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:03:59 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
Who?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:05:25 AM
Morning MayorElfer
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:05:40 AM
Clear and 38 degrees here, only up to 58 for a high.
We reached 60° on Friday. It's 35° with chance of snow/sleet later this evening. White Christmas?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:07:06 AM
Clear and 38 degrees here, only up to 58 for a high.
We reached 60° on Friday. It's 35° with chance of snow/sleet later this evening. White Christmas?
Wonder if the family will get back home for Christmas, their plane leaves there around 6:30 this evening.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:07:37 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:09:36 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:10:13 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
I bet Costco will be a major zoo, oh yeah GOOD LUCK
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:10:22 AM
Clear and 38 degrees here, only up to 58 for a high.
We reached 60° on Friday. It's 35° with chance of snow/sleet later this evening. White Christmas?
Wonder if the family will get back home for Christmas, their plane leaves there around 6:30 this evening.
They should be fine. The perspiration isn't supposed to start till about 11 pm.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:10:47 AM
Clear and 38 degrees here, only up to 58 for a high.
We reached 60° on Friday. It's 35° with chance of snow/sleet later this evening. White Christmas?
Going with the odds Mr. Mayor?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:11:06 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
I bet Costco will be a major zoo, oh yeah GOOD LUCK
I bet you're right.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 07:11:29 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
Hi and bye, Dave.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:11:32 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
This one😂
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:11:43 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
God bless.  I would not want to be anywhere near a mall or shopping center (or food store) today.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:12:12 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
This one😂
Oh, the one with the for sale sign out front....
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 07:13:34 AM
good morning Tony and Dave.
Merry eve of the eve.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:16:39 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
This one😂
Oh, the one with the for sale sign out front....
You are behind old man, they put a SOLD sign out years ago and the Lobbyists moved in then.  U.S. Chamber of Commerce lives in the penthouse suite.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:18:19 AM
Morning TuggerDave, MistletoeDean and ElfontheTony.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:20:00 AM
House will be quiet today.  The gang going up to NY for visit with the hypocrite.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:22:12 AM
Today is Sunday, Dec. 23, the 357th day of 2018. There are eight days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Dec. 23, 1948, former Japanese premier Hideki Tojo and six other Japanese war leaders were executed in Tokyo.
On this date:
In 1783, George Washington resigned as commander in chief of the Continental Army and retired to his home at Mount Vernon, Va.
In 1788, Maryland passed an act to cede an area "not exceeding ten miles square" for the seat of the national government; about 2/3 of the area became the District of Columbia.
On Dec. 23, 1805, Joseph Smith Jr., principal founder of the Mormon religious movement, was born in Sharon, Vt.
In 1913, the Federal Reserve System was created as President Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act.
In 1941, during World War II, American forces on Wake Island surrendered to the Japanese.
In 1954, the first successful human kidney transplant took place at the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital in Boston as a surgical team removed a kidney from 23-year-old Ronald Herrick and implanted it in Herrick's twin brother, Richard.
In 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson, on his way home from a visit to Australia and Southeast Asia, held an unprecedented meeting with Pope Paul VI at the Vatican; during the two-hour conference, Johnson asked the pope for help in bringing a peaceful end to the Vietnam War.
In 1968, 82 crew members of the U.S. intelligence ship Pueblo were released by North Korea, 11 months after they had been captured.
In 1975, Richard S. Welch, the Central Intelligence Agency station chief in Athens, was shot and killed outside his home by the militant group November 17.
In 1986, the experimental airplane Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager, completed the first non-stop, non-refueled round-the-world flight as it returned safely to Edwards Air Force Base in California.
In 1997, a federal jury in Denver convicted Terry Nichols of involuntary manslaughter and conspiracy for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing, declining to find him guilty of murder. (Nichols was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.)
In 2003, the government announced the first suspected (later confirmed) case of mad cow disease in United States, in Washington state. A jury in Chesapeake, Va., sentenced teen sniper Lee Boyd Malvo to life in prison, sparing him the death penalty. A gas well accident in southwestern China killed 233 people. New York Gov. George Pataki posthumously pardoned comedian Lenny Bruce for his 1964 obscenity conviction.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:23:09 AM
Ten years ago: Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, founder of an investment fund that had lost $1.4 billion in Bernard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, was discovered dead after committing suicide at his Madison Avenue office. A military-led group seized control of the airwaves in Guinea and declared a coup after the death of the country’s long-time dictator, Lansana Conte.

Five years ago: The last two imprisoned members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot (Maria Alekhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova) were given amnesty and set free after spending nearly two years in prison for a protest at Moscow's main cathedral. Auburn's Gus Malzahn was honored as The Associated Press national coach of the year. Mikhail Kalashnikov, 94, designer of the AK-47 assault rifle, died in Izhevsk, Russia.

One year ago: The top leadership of the Miss America Organization resigned amid a scandal over emails in which pageant officials had ridiculed past winners over their appearance and intellect and speculated about their sex lives. A federal judge in Seattle partially lifted a Trump administration ban on certain refugees after two groups argued that the policy kept people from some mostly Muslim countries from reuniting with family living legally in the United States.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:23:32 AM
Thought for Today: “If you want to do things, do things.” — Grace Paley, American writer (1922-2007).
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:34:11 AM
1805 Joseph Smith Jr, American founder of the Mormon Church, born in Sharon, Vermont (d. 1844)

1948 Jack Ham, American football player (Steelers), born in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

1956 Dave Murray, English heavy metal guitarist and songwriter (Iron Maiden), born in London, England

1963 Jim Harbaugh, NFL quarterback (Indianapolis Colts), born in Toledo, Ohio

1964 Eddie Vedder, American heavy metal singer (Pearl Jam-Justine), born in Evanston, Illinois

(Mr. Bean edited edition)

Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 07:34:40 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
This one😂
Oh, the one with the for sale sign out front....
You are behind old man, they put a SOLD sign out years ago and the Lobbyists moved in then.  U.S. Chamber of Commerce lives in the penthouse suite.
Yea, I know I was stating the obvious.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:37:40 AM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
What gubment?
This one😂
Oh, the one with the for sale sign out front....
You are behind old man, they put a SOLD sign out years ago and the Lobbyists moved in then.  U.S. Chamber of Commerce lives in the penthouse suite.
Yea, I know I was stating the obvious.
😀
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:46:54 AM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
I bet Costco will be a major zoo, oh yeah GOOD LUCK
I bet you're right.
FMTT’s, looks like I got to go to Costco too but I will go when they open at 10:00 hopefully business will be slower then
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 07:49:48 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 07:53:50 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 08:02:06 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
The plan is:  Getting a spiral sliced ham today for the boy to smoke on the Green Egg tomorrow, order 3 or 4 sides from Simply Southern BBQ and an Apple pie from Costco.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 08:18:01 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
The plan is:  Getting a spiral sliced ham today for the boy to smoke on the Green Egg tomorrow, order 3 or 4 sides from Simply Southern BBQ and an Apple pie from Costco.
works for me.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 09:22:57 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
...the man that just can't say no.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 09:23:54 AM
Just have to remember to pick up the pierogi's at noon today.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 09:24:17 AM
Page 4 on a Sunday morning, nice!
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 09:38:38 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
...the man that just can't say no.
I may just drop the turkey off and run.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 09:42:52 AM
Wacky & Outrageous: 2018's best 'Florida Stories'
WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff·13 hours ago
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – From a monkey found during an arrest to lifetime bans at Walt Disney World, it certainly was a crazy year here in Florida!

As we close the book on 2018, let's take a look at some of the most "Florida" things to make headlines this year.

We've compiled a list of 2018's best, most outrageous Florida stories. Click the headline to be taken to the full story.

1. Monkey clings to man arrested after Pasco car crash
Deputies who arrested a man in Pasco County were surprised to find a Capuchin monkey clinging to his chest. The man, who was detained for driving a stolen vehicle into a ditch, didn't have a permit for the animal.

2. Woman shaves legs in crowded Florida hotel pool
A video that began trending online in May first appeared on Reddit, under "r/trashy." The video gained over 55,000 views in just a day.

3. Tallahassee man rips urinal off bathroom wall, runs naked out of restaurant into woods
In one of the first Florida stories of the year, the suspect ripped the urinal off the wall, then got naked when he was confronted by angry employees.

4. Florida woman blames cocaine in purse on 'windy day,' police say
The woman allegedly told police, "I don't know anything about any cocaine. It's a windy day, it must have flown through the window and into my purse."

5.  Pasco man admits to printing fake money at library, selling it on Facebook
This Florida Man was sold out by his landlord for printing "legal printable money" from Pinterest at the New Port Richey Public Library. He was already on felony probation for dealing in stolen property.

6. Largo couple steals motorized shopping cart from Walmart, drives to bar
Shortly after the theft was reported, the cart was spotted outside Jimmy's Sports Bar in Largo and an officer found the couple at the bar.

7. Land O' Lakes man cuts neighbor with chainsaw during argument over shrubs
The victim arrived on scene and saw that "his bushes" were being removed, so he went and "hugged" them to prevent them from being cut down before being struck by the chainsaw's blade. He required surgery at Tampa General Hospital.

8. Deputies: Hernando DUI suspect thought bank drive-through was Taco Bell, ordered burrito
The bank manager said he beat on the window of the car "for some time" until the driver woke up and asked for a burrito. He drove out of the drive-thru after he was told he was not at Taco Bell.

9. Florida store owner: Don't warm urine in my microwave
The store owner said a woman became aggressive when he asked her not to warm her urine. She asked to see a sign that says it's not for that purpose... so the owner made one.

10. Man banned from Disney World after displaying Trump 2020 sign on Splash Mountain
The man was also banned back in September for briefly flying another pro-Trump flag from the Main Street Station at Magic Kingdom.

11. Florida surgeon removes healthy kidney he thought was tumor
A Florida surgeon removed a woman's healthy kidney while she was undergoing back surgery because he believed the vital organ was a cancerous tumor.

12. Woman steals live lobster from Red Lobster tank after being asked to leave restaurant
A woman told deputies she was "blacked out drunk" when she plucked a live lobster from a tank at a Red Lobster in St. Petersburg and ran out of the restaurant.

13. Police: 2 arrested at Florida drug house with drive-thru window
Authorities arrested two people who were running a drug business out of a mobile home in Ocala with its own walk-up and drive-thru window.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 09:54:34 AM
THE STORY OF HOW THE ANGEL TREE TOPPER CAME TO BE

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the pre-Christmas pressure.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.
Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.
Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor.
In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor.
He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.
Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
The angel said very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"
And thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 10:23:24 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
The plan is:  Getting a spiral sliced ham today for the boy to smoke on the Green Egg tomorrow, order 3 or 4 sides from Simply Southern BBQ and an Apple pie from Costco.
Costco trip successful, only one person ahead of me in the checkout line.  their Apple pies are really good.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 10:25:20 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
The plan is:  Getting a spiral sliced ham today for the boy to smoke on the Green Egg tomorrow, order 3 or 4 sides from Simply Southern BBQ and an Apple pie from Costco.
Costco trip successful, only one person ahead of me in the checkout line.  their Apple pies are really good.
did you get more than one for later?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 10:25:36 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
...the man that just can't say no.
I may just drop the turkey off and run.
Looks like I am going to need to pick up a small turkey and smoke it Christmas Day, easy enough to do.  Just us and the two chillens for Christmas Day.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 10:26:48 AM
The wardens decided about 5:00 yesterday evening that we needed to take care of Christmas Eve Dinner for about 12 people, FMTT’s again!

I think we got it all worked out and too bad if they don’t like it.
I have food stuffs boxes sorted, packed, and loaded for delivery tomorrow morning. enough for a dozen families.
got a 24# turkey I need to cook for 4:30pm dinner tomorrow I wasn't going to go to. 😞
The plan is:  Getting a spiral sliced ham today for the boy to smoke on the Green Egg tomorrow, order 3 or 4 sides from Simply Southern BBQ and an Apple pie from Costco.
Costco trip successful, only one person ahead of me in the checkout line.  their Apple pies are really good.
did you get more than one for later?
Nope, don’t really need one for later plus I can pick up a fresh one anytime except Christmas Day.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 23, 2018, 12:04:09 PM
Lazy Sunday and I love it. Coffee and Partagas Legend going here.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 23, 2018, 12:20:32 PM
Tony's elf.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181223/2fa7c36ee97a2532403f1333d1f65653.jpg)
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 12:34:22 PM
Sides for dinner tomorrow night ordered and paid for, pick them up tomorrow at 11:00 and they will be fresh cooked.

I will make a large skillet of cornbread tomorrow afternoon.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 12:34:51 PM
Tony's elf.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181223/2fa7c36ee97a2532403f1333d1f65653.jpg)
LMAO, that’s a good one😂
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 01:31:57 PM
Back to wrapping I go.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 01:33:17 PM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 01:34:12 PM
R and R until tomorrow morning, then I am swamped until Golf Day.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 23, 2018, 02:27:26 PM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
I bet Costco will be a major zoo, oh yeah GOOD LUCK
I bet you're right.
FMTT’s, looks like I got to go to Costco too but I will go when they open at 10:00 hopefully business will be slower then
I'm pretty sure you were wrong about that. Took me about 2 hours right when they opened and most of that time was checking out. $550 later... I'm home!
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 02:52:46 PM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
I bet Costco will be a major zoo, oh yeah GOOD LUCK
I bet you're right.
FMTT’s, looks like I got to go to Costco too but I will go when they open at 10:00 hopefully business will be slower then
I'm pretty sure you were wrong about that. Took me about 2 hours right when they opened and most of that time was checking out. $550 later... I'm home!
One person in front of me at the checkout- In and Out In 20 minutes with 3 items for $32 😋
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 02:54:12 PM
Back to wrapping I go.
Almost finished mine, got one more but can’t do it until tomorrow
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 03:00:17 PM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
They don’t remember Bill Clinton either:

From November 14 through November 19, 1995 and again from December 16, 1995 to January 6, 1996 the U.S. government was shut down as a result of a budgetary impasse between Congress and William Jefferson (Bill) Clinton.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 23, 2018, 03:16:36 PM
Has anyone missed the gubment yet?
They don’t remember Bill Clinton either:

From November 14 through November 19, 1995 and again from December 16, 1995 to January 6, 1996 the U.S. government was shut down as a result of a budgetary impasse between Congress and William Jefferson (Bill) Clinton.
And of course they sure as hell don’t remember this:

2013:  The Democrats and the Media Were Silent After Obama Fired General Mattis Without Even a Call
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 04:08:24 PM
watching The Greatest Story Ever Told, 1965.
El Rey de Mundo and coffee.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
R and R until tomorrow morning, then I am swamped until Golf Day.
Lot of stockings to fill?
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 23, 2018, 05:00:55 PM
Good morning, Dean and Dave. Heading out for a drive and coffee with my big brother. I'll have to suffer through some Costco shopping afterwards. Wish me luck.
I bet Costco will be a major zoo, oh yeah GOOD LUCK
I bet you're right.
FMTT’s, looks like I got to go to Costco too but I will go when they open at 10:00 hopefully business will be slower then
I'm pretty sure you were wrong about that. Took me about 2 hours right when they opened and most of that time was checking out. $550 later... I'm home!
One person in front of me at the checkout- In and Out In 20 minutes with 3 items for $32 😋
stayed home, wrapped a bit, had a cigar and a couple of beers....cost - priceless.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 23, 2018, 05:02:30 PM
R and R until tomorrow morning, then I am swamped until Golf Day.
Lot of stockings to fill?
(https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/thumbs_up_married_with_children.gif)
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 06:09:33 PM
R and R until tomorrow morning, then I am swamped until Golf Day.
Lot of stockings to fill?
zero.
sent all my money for gifts to the grandkids. just Christmas cards and date nights for the ladies.
hopefully home alone Christmas.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Johnny on December 23, 2018, 06:46:37 PM
Being Old and Single, I get invited out to most functions so I never have to see the inside of a store!!
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 07:02:30 PM
Being Old and Single, I get invited out to most functions so I never have to see the inside of a store!!
evening Johnny.
I have too many invites so I'd just as soon stay alone than hurt feelings. besides, plenty of recovery activity going on if I want to venture out.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: Johnny on December 23, 2018, 07:16:06 PM
Being Old and Single, I get invited out to most functions so I never have to see the inside of a store!!
evening Johnny.
I have too many invites so I'd just as soon stay alone than hurt feelings. besides, plenty of recovery activity going on if I want to venture out.
Good way to have things, you can pick and choose where you want to be, I just have a couple of places out here to be so I'm never under pressure.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 23, 2018, 08:42:14 PM
Being Old and Single, I get invited out to most functions so I never have to see the inside of a store!!
evening Johnny.
I have too many invites so I'd just as soon stay alone than hurt feelings. besides, plenty of recovery activity going on if I want to venture out.
Good way to have things, you can pick and choose where you want to be, I just have a couple of places out here to be so I'm never under pressure.
I left NY to get away from drama and chaos. no need that shit here either.
Title: Re: 12/23/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 23, 2018, 09:18:33 PM
Just got back from the movies... Family time. Now it's Me time. RP burning...