CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 22, 2018, 12:01:03 AM

Title: 12/22/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 22, 2018, 12:01:03 AM
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 05:12:15 AM
SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's really none of your business. Why do you ask?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh. (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, can I please borrow $50?"
DAD: "REALLY?!  If you're asking to borrow money for some silly toy or game, you can just march yourself straight to your room to think about why you're being so selfish.  I work hard everyday to provide for this family, and this is the thanks I get?"

The little boy went quietly to his room and shut the door.

The dad sat down and started getting even angrier about his son's questions. "How dare he ask question like that just to get some money?" he stewed.

After an hour, the dad calmed down, and started to think:  "Maybe there was something he really needed the $50 for?  He doesn't ask for money often..."

So, the dad went to his son's door and opened it.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"
SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, and maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"

Then, reaching under his pillow, the boy pulled out some crumpled-up dollar bills.  When the dad saw the boy already had money, he started getting angry again as the little boy slowly counted out his money and looked up at his father.

DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"
SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.   Daddy, I have $100 now.  Can I buy an hour of your time?  Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

The father was crushed.   He put his arms around his little son, and begged for his forgiveness through a stream of tears.

Just a reminder to all who are work so hard in life to not let time slip through our fingers without dedicating special time with those who matter most.

If we die tomorrow, the company we may work for could replace us in a matter of days.... but, loved ones we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives, having only precious memories to hold.

Priorities.  ❤️
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 05:19:03 AM
good morning. Short Story and coffee here.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 05:21:29 AM
Morning JokesterDean, just a cup of Cuban here
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 05:22:25 AM
Beautiful Full Moon stilll shining over the River this morning
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 05:26:53 AM
Nice buy here, $72 and FS with the Cat Code

Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 05:51:26 AM
Beautiful Full Moon stilll shining over the River this morning
morning Dave. 50° and overcast here, still pretty breezy.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 05:59:03 AM
Beautiful Full Moon stilll shining over the River this morning
morning Dave. 50° and overcast here, still pretty breezy.
45 degrees and clear here with 15-25 mph winds and higher gusts.  Wind chill 37 degrees.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 06:12:44 AM
Hope no one has been terribly inconvenienced by the PARTIAL Government Shutdown, oh wait a minute the ENTIRE Government is shut down until Wednesday for Christmas.

By the way there is nothing to worry about anyway, Congress is Fully Funded.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 06:49:47 AM
A very good “Thought For The Day”:

Franklin Graham: This Christmas, 'Do Something for Somebody You Don't Know'
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 07:09:38 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 07:11:46 AM
Hope no one has been terribly inconvenienced by the PARTIAL Government Shutdown, oh wait a minute the ENTIRE Government is shut down until Wednesday for Christmas.

By the way there is nothing to worry about anyway, Congress is Fully Funded.
no big deal to me. fucking politicians spend more time off figuring how to fuck the country it's just another day.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 07:13:45 AM
you know who isn't affected by the govt shutdown?
politicians.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 07:15:05 AM
you know who isn't affected by the govt shutdown?
politicians.
True but the fact is: nobody else is either.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 07:20:34 AM
My agency had about 3000 employees and during one shut down the asshole Administrator declared everyone as essential so we could not get off.  Talk about an ass chewing, end result was we were all sent home by lunch.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:39:49 AM
Morning Dean and SCDave.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:40:36 AM
40 degrees and gusty here.  Had a cigar last night and didn't even bother with a jacket.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:41:35 AM
Daughter home last night, son #2 arrived by at GFs parents house so I'll see him about noon.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:44:31 AM

Today is Saturday, Dec. 22, the 356th day of 2018. There are nine days left in the year.

Today's highlights:

On Dec. 22, 2001, Richard C. Reid, a passenger on an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami, tried to ignite explosives in his shoes, but was subdued by flight attendants and fellow passengers. (Reid is serving a life sentence in federal prison.)
On this date
In 1894, French army officer Alfred Dreyfus was convicted of treason in a court-martial that triggered worldwide charges of anti-Semitism. (Dreyfus was eventually vindicated.)
In 1917, Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini, who later became the first naturalized U.S. citizen to be canonized, died in Chicago at age 67.
In 1937, the first, center tube of the Lincoln Tunnel connecting New York City and New Jersey beneath the Hudson River was opened to traffic. (The second tube opened in 1945, the third in 1957.)
In 1944, during the World War II Battle of the Bulge, U.S. Brig. Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe rejected a German demand for surrender, writing "Nuts!" in his official reply.
In 1968, Julie Nixon married David Eisenhower in a private ceremony in New York.

In 1977, three dozen people were killed when a 250-foot-high grain elevator at the Continental Grain Company plant in Westwego, La., exploded.
In 1984, New York City resident Bernhard Goetz shot and wounded four youths on a Manhattan subway, claiming they were about to rob him.
In 1989, Romanian President Nicolae Ceausescu, the last of Eastern Europe's hard-line Communist rulers, was toppled from power in a popular uprising. Playwright Samuel Beckett died in Paris at age 83.
In 1991, the body of Marine Lt. Col. William R. Higgins, an American hostage slain by his terrorist captors, was recovered after it had been dumped along a highway in Lebanon.
In 1992, a Libyan Boeing 727 jetliner crashed after a midair collision with a MiG fighter, killing all 157 aboard the jetliner, and both crew members of the fighter jet.
In 2001, Hamid Karzai was sworn in as prime minister of Afghanistan's interim government.
In 2010, President Barack Obama signed a law allowing gays for the first time in history to serve openly in America's military, repealing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:46:05 AM
Ten years ago: Five Muslim immigrants accused of scheming to massacre U.S. soldiers at Fort Dix were convicted of conspiracy in Camden, N.J. (Four were later sentenced to life in prison; one received a 33-year sentence.) Toyota projected its first operating loss in 70 years due to the global economic slowdown. The president of Guinea, Lansana Conte, died nearly a quarter of a century after seizing power in a coup; he was believed to be in his 70s.

Five years ago: Mikhail Khodorkovsky, the Russian oligarch who'd crossed President Vladimir Putin and ended up in jail for 10 years, told a press conference in Berlin that he planned to devote his life to securing the release of the country's political prisoners. President Barack Obama and the vacationing first family temporarily skipped the beach in Hawaii to attend the Oregon State-Akron game at the Diamond Head Classic tournament in Honolulu. (Oregon State, coached by first lady Michelle Obama's brother, Craig Robinson, lost to Akron, 83-71.)

One year ago: The wildfire that had burned its way through communities and wilderness northwest of Los Angeles became the largest blaze ever officially recorded in California; it had scorched 273,400 acres and destroyed more than 700 homes. IPhone owners from several states sued Apple for not disclosing sooner that it issued software updates deliberately slowing older-model phones so aging batteries would last longer. President Donald Trump signed the $1.5 trillion tax overhaul into law. The U.N. Security Council unanimously approved tough new sanctions against North Korea in response to its latest launch of a ballistic missile that Pyongyang said was capable of reaching anywhere on the U.S. mainland.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:47:49 AM
Notable birthdays
Actor Hector Elizondo is 82.
Country singer Red Steagall is 80.
Former World Bank Group President Paul Wolfowitz is 75.
Baseball Hall of Famer Steve Carlton is 74.
Former ABC News anchor Diane Sawyer is 73.
Rock singer-musician Rick Nielsen (Cheap Trick) is 70.
Rock singer-musician Michael Bacon is 70.
Baseball All-Star Steve Garvey is 70.
Golfer Jan Stephenson is 67.
Actress BernNadette Stanis is 65.
Rapper Luther "Luke" Campbell is 58.
Country singer-musician Chuck Mead is 58.
Actor Ralph Fiennes is 56.
Actress Lauralee Bell is 50.
Country singer Lori McKenna is 50.
Actress Dina Meyer is 50.
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, is 48.
Actress Heather Donahue is 45.
Actor Chris Carmack is 38.
Actor Harry Ford is 36.
Actor Greg Finley is 34.
Actor Logan Huffman is 29.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Jordin Sparks is 29.
Pop singer Meghan Trainor is 25.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:48:40 AM
Thought for today
"My mistakes are my life." — Samuel Beckett (1906-1989).
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 07:50:27 AM
Morning Dean and SCDave.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
Thought for today
"My mistakes are my life." — Samuel Beckett (1906-1989).
yep, me too. alot of years, alot of mistakes.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 07:52:41 AM
From SBC:

Liga Time!

Starting now until tomorrow at midnight, enjoy three specials on the Liga Privada category!

CODE: LIGA = 17% off plus 5% reward points (no minimum)

CODE: LIGA150 = 20% off plus 5% reward points plus one free Velvet Rat on orders $150+ (20 available)

CODE: LIGA325 = 25% off plus 5% reward points PLUS one free L40, Ratzilla, & Velvet Rat on orders $325+ (15 available)
(pictured below for LIGA325 Special)

(sent yesterday so until today at midnight...)
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 07:53:30 AM
40 degrees and gusty here.  Had a cigar last night and didn't even bother with a jacket.
down to 47° now but the sun is finally out.
AF Cuban corona and coffee before I start wandering.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 08:02:57 AM
Morning Dean and SCDave.
good morning Dave.
Morning Dave
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 08:04:14 AM
Breakfast finished up:  Biscuits with local made Cane Syrup, Sausage and some fresh fruit.

Last cup of Cuban brewing now.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 09:02:01 AM
Another SHEESH!
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 09:04:10 AM
Wow, Ghurka has reached a new low👀

5-packs at the Page for $13.99 delivered.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 09:04:51 AM
Wow, Ghurka has reached a new low👀

5-packs at the Page for $13.99 delivered.
still over priced.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 09:06:27 AM
Wow, Ghurka has reached a new low👀

5-packs at the Page for $13.99 delivered.
still over priced.
nice prices on the LAdC's.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 09:17:41 AM
Wow, Ghurka has reached a new low👀

5-packs at the Page for $13.99 delivered.
still over priced.
Very True
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 11:13:13 AM
Nice buy here, $72 and FS with the Cat Code
Nice deal, indeed.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 11:14:32 AM
Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 12:46:09 PM
Good morning, boys.
afternoon Tony.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 12:48:52 PM
back from wandering. hit the local mall checking out the Christmas decorations and the vendor stuff that isn't permanent to the mall. there was a really nice little merry go round there. not all that many people to bump into.
that is all, my Christmas spirit is over.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 01:46:20 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 22, 2018, 02:04:49 PM
Had all shopping (except for liquor store run) done before Thanksgiving.
Just wrapping to complete.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
Good morning, boys.
afternoon Tony.
Well it is now.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 02:36:43 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
That's the right attitude. My wife's been shopping for the last 7 hours. I've been planning the menu for Christmas Eve. I want to get all the cooking done tomorrow so that we only have to reheat stuff after work on Monday. There will be about 17 of us at my house. I say "about" because there is always a chance of a surprise visit.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 02:50:02 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
I have everything I want and want everything I have. it doesn't get any better than that.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 02:52:14 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
I have everything I want and want everything I have. it doesn't get any better than that.
Honestly can say the same. Except maybe I'd like more time. Do you think Santa can hook me up?
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 02:55:16 PM
Santa has been found out in my house hold
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 03:00:28 PM
Santa has been found out in my house hold
Yeah my son is a teenager. Wow time flies.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 03:04:47 PM
Santa has been found out in my house hold
Yeah my son is a teenager. Wow time flies.
I have 3/4 of the kids still believing...
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:17:48 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
That's the right attitude. My wife's been shopping for the last 7 hours. I've been planning the menu for Christmas Eve. I want to get all the cooking done tomorrow so that we only have to reheat stuff after work on Monday. There will be about 17 of us at my house. I say "about" because there is always a chance of a surprise visit.
My wife is in NYC so me and the dogs are living quite well this weekend.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:18:29 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
I have everything I want and want everything I have. it doesn't get any better than that.
👍
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:19:04 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:24:08 PM
Santa has been found out in my house hold
Yeah my son is a teenager. Wow time flies.
I have 3/4 of the kids still believing...
I still believe
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:25:05 PM
I got to get my gift wrapping done tomorrow.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:26:27 PM
I am going out for dinner with the boy and his FIL tonight, I probably better Uber.🥃
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 03:26:31 PM
I am very thankful this year for what I do have. I could do better but happiness is not measured by material things.
I have everything I want and want everything I have. it doesn't get any better than that.
Honestly can say the same. Except maybe I'd like more time. Do you think Santa can hook me up?
didn't we get an extra minute today?
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 03:27:53 PM
Santa has been found out in my house hold
Yeah my son is a teenager. Wow time flies.
I have 3/4 of the kids still believing...
I still believe in Santa.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 03:28:29 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
you mean there was one?
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 03:37:02 PM
I am going out for dinner with the boy and his FIL tonight, I probably better Uber.
Not a bad idea Dave
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 03:39:04 PM
I got to get my gift wrapping done tomorrow.
Yesterday saw 40 deg and I did mine in man cave smoking cigars. Like traveling Dave I'd they're gonna know who they came from lol
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 03:39:33 PM
Santa has been found out in my house hold
Yeah my son is a teenager. Wow time flies.
I have 3/4 of the kids still believing...
I still believe in Santa.
Dean and his older woman sheesh!
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 03:39:47 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
you mean there was one?
One of my old work friends just sent me a note and said the agency is funded so he has to go to work, he was not a happy camper either
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 04:09:36 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
you mean there was one?
One of my old work friends just sent me a note and said the agency is funded so he has to go to work, he was not a happy camper either
I'm working now. Holding down the fort till short of midnight. After that I will be off for 2 weeks.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 04:27:13 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
you mean there was one?
One of my old work friends just sent me a note and said the agency is funded so he has to go to work, he was not a happy camper either
I'm working now. Holding down the fort till short of midnight. After that I will be off for 2 weeks.
congratulations Rick. I hope you turn your phone off.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 04:32:05 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
you mean there was one?
One of my old work friends just sent me a note and said the agency is funded so he has to go to work, he was not a happy camper either
I'm working now. Holding down the fort till short of midnight. After that I will be off for 2 weeks.
Nice!
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 22, 2018, 04:33:50 PM
I am going out for dinner with the boy and his FIL tonight, I probably better Uber.
Not a bad idea Dave
We have decided on grilled oysters for dinner tonight
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
Anybody missing the gubment yet?
you mean there was one?
One of my old work friends just sent me a note and said the agency is funded so he has to go to work, he was not a happy camper either
I'm working now. Holding down the fort till short of midnight. After that I will be off for 2 weeks.
congratulations Rick. I hope you turn your phone off.
Thank you Dean. They don't have my cellphone number. They can call my house and any call in is 4hrs time and a half minimum. I scheduled  this time back in March
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 04:41:11 PM
I broke out my Savinelli La Pipa from 07' This year I have not smoked a pipe much but I'm feeling festive and not many people around. Only essential personnel.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/0fe0dc52f1c63611abf15719c9608d3f.jpg)
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 05:51:04 PM
Damn I broke the banter
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 06:27:33 PM
Damn I broke the banter
I got busy. just unloaded the truck of food stuff to pass out Monday morning, now just have to sort and load again. somehow I got volunteered to cook a 25# turkey for Monday late afternoon. 😩
all is good though, all for a good cause.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 06:33:54 PM
Damn I broke the banter
I got busy. just unloaded the truck of food stuff to pass out Monday morning, now just have to sort and load again. somehow I got volunteered to cook a 25# turkey for Monday late afternoon.
all is good though, all for a good cause.
The good works you do will not go unnoticed. It can be very humbling even if it is not fully appreciated.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 06:36:10 PM
Damn I broke the banter
I got busy. just unloaded the truck of food stuff to pass out Monday morning, now just have to sort and load again. somehow I got volunteered to cook a 25# turkey for Monday late afternoon.
all is good though, all for a good cause.
The good works you do will not go unnoticed. It can be very humbling even if it is not fully appreciated.
just something to do. I have so much time on my hands and so many have so little.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 22, 2018, 07:10:20 PM
I broke out my Savinelli La Pipa from 07' This year I have not smoked a pipe much but I'm feeling festive and not many people around. Only essential personnel.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/0fe0dc52f1c63611abf15719c9608d3f.jpg)
Nice looking pipe. I will get mine out soon too because I enjoy a bowl or two from time to time.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 22, 2018, 08:57:47 PM
hmm.
Title: Re: 12/22/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 22, 2018, 11:32:23 PM
Yep. No life inside. All must be asleep?