CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 20, 2018, 12:00:02 AM

Title: 12/20/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 20, 2018, 12:00:02 AM
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 05:01:25 AM
good morning guys. heavy rain and flooding here. early morning doctor appointment. I'm sure travel will be a bitch.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 05:14:29 AM
https://halfwheel.com/oliva-opens-second-nicaragua-factory/288227
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 05:15:31 AM
Good morning Dean. Beautiful weather forecast for today. I'm cooking on the grill when I get home.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 05:24:40 AM
Good morning Dean. Beautiful weather forecast for today. I'm cooking on the grill when I get home.
morning Rick. going to be wet here for the next few days. new neighbors are worried about flooding and getting sandbags. tried telling them not to bother but they are from Maryland and have their own mindset.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 05:35:59 AM
weather map for flooding.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 05:44:43 AM
weather map for flooding.
Oh geeze. You have been there long enough to know when to be worried but it only takes once to get flooded. Once in 17 years and I'm still not recovered from last January. I had to rip everything out of my basement. It was beautiful. I am redoing with the fact in mind I got flooded.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 05:49:25 AM
weather map for flooding.
Oh geeze. You have been there long enough to know when to be worried but it only takes once to get flooded. Once in 17 years and I'm still not recovered from last January. I had to rip everything out of my basement. It was beautiful. I am redoing with the fact in mind I got flooded.
that's rough. we don't have basements in Florida, low crawl spaces or everything on slabs. I'm high enough I'm not worried.

calling for wind gusts of 40-50+ mph tonight.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 05:53:07 AM
weather map for flooding.
Oh geeze. You have been there long enough to know when to be worried but it only takes once to get flooded. Once in 17 years and I'm still not recovered from last January. I had to rip everything out of my basement. It was beautiful. I am redoing with the fact in mind I got flooded.
that's rough. we don't have basements in Florida, low crawl spaces or everything on slabs. I'm high enough I'm not worried.

calling for wind gusts of 40-50+ mph tonight.
Yeah, working my schedule and redoing drywall, plumbing, electrical, rip out carpeting. Everything had to go. Mold almost inevitable. No jokes here please. I'm still sick over what it used to be.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 05:54:02 AM
Pun was not at you Deano.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 05:59:51 AM
Morning Dean & Blue, I slept in a little this morning.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 06:00:49 AM
weather map for flooding.
Oh geeze. You have been there long enough to know when to be worried but it only takes once to get flooded. Once in 17 years and I'm still not recovered from last January. I had to rip everything out of my basement. It was beautiful. I am redoing with the fact in mind I got flooded.
that's rough. we don't have basements in Florida, low crawl spaces or everything on slabs. I'm high enough I'm not worried.

calling for wind gusts of 40-50+ mph tonight.
Yeah, working my schedule and redoing drywall, plumbing, electrical, rip out carpeting. Everything had to go. Mold almost inevitable. No jokes here please. I'm still sick over what it used to be.
Floods are devastating to say the least.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 06:07:14 AM
Pun was not at you Deano.
what pun?
flooding ain't funny.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 06:07:42 AM
Morning Dean & Blue, I slept in a little this morning.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 06:08:04 AM
time to head out. later guys.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 06:08:47 AM
Morning, all. Happy Office Friday.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 06:32:59 AM
Bye Dean, Good Morning Daves.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 06:41:22 AM
Hi/bye, Deano. Good morning, Rick and Daves.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 07:00:41 AM
Rainy morning here but not too bad cold, got the dogs walked between showers.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 07:01:21 AM
Hi/bye, Deano. Good morning, Rick and Daves.
Hi MayorElfer
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 07:10:12 AM
Hi/bye, Deano. Good morning, Rick and Daves.
Hi MayorElfer
Oh crap, where were they this morning? Pretty sure they haven't been moved in days. That's because the kids haven't been behaving.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 07:10:41 AM
Hi/bye, Deano. Good morning, Rick and Daves.
Hi MayorElfer
Oh crap, where were they this morning? Pretty sure they haven't been moved in days. That's because the kids haven't been behaving.
LOL
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 07:10:54 AM
Hi/bye, Deano. Good morning, Rick and Daves.
Hi MayorElfer
Oh crap, where were they this morning? Pretty sure they haven't been moved in days. That's because the kids haven't been behaving.
That sounds like a good built-in excuse when you forget to move them.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 07:12:56 AM
HalfAssHalfWheelDean left some off this morning 🤔

Not expected to pass but hold on to your jockstraps because NM will not be the last one to try such.

Sen. Cisco McSorley, D-Albuquerque, has introduced four different anti-tobacco bills as part of the 2019 session.

S.B. 60 — Would raise the minimum age to purchase tobacco from 18 to 21
S.B. 61 — Would modify the state’s Clean Indoor Air Act to include e-cigarettes
S.B. 68 — Would ban the sale of all flavored tobacco products in the state, including e-cigarettes and nicotine liquids
S.B. 72 — Would increase the tax on cigars and other tobacco products from 25 to 76 percent of the wholesale price, increase the tax on cigarettes and tax e-cigarettes.
Currently, a cigar with an MSRP of $9.50 likely costs $11.88 in the state before sales tax. Per halfwheel’s estimate, that price would jump to $16.72 if S.B. 72 was enacted. The 76 percent wholesale tax would make New Mexico the second most expensive state cigar tax in the U.S.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 07:13:43 AM
Rainy morning here but not too bad cold, got the dogs walked between showers.
They tell us it's not that cold here either but I've been freezing my ass off for the last week. I may also be a bit under the weather, which could account for the shivering. Anyhoo, rain expected later this afternoon. Better than snow.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 07:14:39 AM
Hi/bye, Deano. Good morning, Rick and Daves.
Hi MayorElfer
Oh crap, where were they this morning? Pretty sure they haven't been moved in days. That's because the kids haven't been behaving.
That sounds like a good built-in excuse when you forget to move them.
Works every time.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 07:21:44 AM
[...]

I'm gonna propose a new law in all 50 states; no raises for politicians for 10 years. After all, they should experience the same as their constituents. Welcome to America!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 07:28:14 AM
Morning SCDave, Rick, Dean, HomeAloneDave, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 07:30:01 AM
Today in History

Today is Thursday, Dec. 20, the 354th day of 2018. There are 11 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Dec. 20, 1989, the United States launched Operation Just Cause, sending troops into Panama to topple the government of Gen. Manuel Noriega.
On this date:
In 1803, the Louisiana Purchase was completed as ownership of the territory was formally transferred from France to the United States.
In 1860, South Carolina became the first state to secede from the Union as all 169 delegates to a special convention in Charleston voted in favor of separation.

In 1864, Confederate forces evacuated Savannah, Georgia, as Union Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman nearly completed his “March to the Sea.”
In 1924, Adolf Hitler was released from prison after serving nine months for his role in the Beer Hall Putsch.
In 1963, the Berlin Wall was opened for the first time to West Berliners, who were allowed one-day visits to relatives in the Eastern sector for the holidays.
In 1968, author John Steinbeck died in New York at age 66.
In 1987, more than 4,300 people were killed when the Dona Paz, a Philippine passenger ship, collided with the tanker Vector off Mindoro island.
In 1995, an American Airlines Boeing 757 en route to Cali, Colombia, slammed into a mountain, killing all but four of the 163 people aboard. In Bosnia-Herzegovina, NATO began its peacekeeping mission, taking over from the United Nations.
In 1996, Astronomer Carl Sagan died in Seattle at age 62.
In 1999, the Vermont Supreme Court ruled that homosexual couples were entitled to the same benefits and protections as wedded couples of the opposite sex.
In 2001, the U.N. Security Council authorized a multinational force for Afghanistan.
In 2005, a federal judge ruled that “intelligent design” could not be mentioned in biology classes in a Pennsylvania public school district, delivering a stinging attack on the Dover Area School Board.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 07:30:27 AM
Ten years ago: A Continental Airlines Boeing 737-500 taking off from Denver veered off the runway into a ravine, injuring 37 people. Olga Lepeshinskaya, the Bolshoi Ballet’s prima ballerina for three decades during Soviet times, died in Moscow at age 92. Movie director Robert Mulligan (“To Kill a Mockingbird”) died in Lyme, Conn. at age 83.

Five years ago: Russian President Vladimir Putin pardoned jailed tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky (mih-hah-EEL’ khoh-dohr-KAHV’-skee), who had spent 10 years in prison on charges of tax evasion and embezzlement. A federal judge struck down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage.

One year ago: The House gave final congressional approval to a $1.5 trillion tax overhaul, the biggest package of tax changes in a generation and the first major legislative achievement of President Donald Trump and House and Senate Republicans; some Republicans warned of a potential backlash against an overhaul that offered corporations and wealthy taxpayers the biggest benefits. Cardinal Bernard Law, the disgraced former archbishop of Boston, died in Rome at the age of 86; his failure to stop child molesters in the priesthood had triggered a crisis in American Catholicism.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 07:31:25 AM
Rainy morning here but not too bad cold, got the dogs walked between showers.
They tell us it's not that cold here either but I've been freezing my ass off for the last week. I may also be a bit under the weather, which could account for the shivering. Anyhoo, rain expected later this afternoon. Better than snow.
The Warden, DIL and her Mother are coming to “The City” tomorrow for the weekend and weather looks very uncooperative.  Supposed to come home Sunday so hope they can at least get home for Christmas.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 07:31:55 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Original Mouseketeer Tommy Cole (TV: “The Mickey Mouse Club”) is 77.
Rhythm and blues singer-musician Walter “Wolfman” Washington is 75.
Rock musician-music producer Bobby Colomby is 74.
Rock musician Peter Criss is 73.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue is 72.
Psychic/illusionist Uri Geller is 72.
Producer Dick Wolf (“Law & Order”) is 72.
Rock musician Alan Parsons is 70.
Actress Jenny Agutter is 66.
Actor Michael Badalucco is 64.
Actress Blanche Baker is 62.
Rock singer Billy Bragg is 61.
Rock singer-musician Mike Watt (The Secondmen, Minutemen, fIREHOSE) is 61.
Actor Joel Gretsch is 55.
Country singer Kris Tyler is 54.
Rock singer Chris Robinson is 52.
Actress Nicole deBoer is 48.
Movie director Todd Phillips is 48.
Singer David Cook (“American Idol”) is 36.
Actor Jonah Hill is 35.
Actor Bob Morley is 34.
Singer JoJo is 28.
Actor Colin Woodell is 27.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 07:32:12 AM
Thought for Today: “Experience teaches you that the man who looks you straight in the eye, particularly if he adds a firm handshake, is hiding something.” — Clifton Fadiman, American author, editor and radio personality (1904-1999).
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
[...]

I have a better idea and it includes Federal, 50% cut of all elected official positions , 75% cut of administrative officials, assistants & aids, 90% cut in consulting contracts and 33% cut in all other paid positions.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 07:58:33 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, Tony, and HeadedOutDean.  Wind advisory here, gusts to 30 mph.  At least it will be sunny.  Been foggy the last two days.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 08:04:59 AM
[...]

Indeed.  There is a reason the most wealthy part of the country is around Wash DC.  Leeches.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2018, 08:08:55 AM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 08:35:13 AM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Good morning, Fish. Before anyone asks, the code is CATSRULE.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 08:35:33 AM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Morning Fish, definitely a nice buy.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 08:35:50 AM
Good morning Daves, Rick, Tony, and HeadedOutDean.  Wind advisory here, gusts to 30 mph.  At least it will be sunny.  Been foggy the last two days.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 08:36:27 AM
Sausage with biscuits and fig preserves this morning for breakfast.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 08:41:56 AM
Sausage with biscuits and fig preserves this morning for breakfast.
That sounds pretty darn good. I got a breakfast wrap at Dunkin'... meh.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
Now this is a real shootout!

California police are still piecing together the events of what they call a “reign of terror” from a 36-year-old man who had already been deported from the country once.

Police say Gustavo Garcia shot a farm worker at 1 in the morning on Sunday while he was picking fruit on a ladder. The man was shot in the chest, but is expected to recover from the wound.

Garcia then committed armed robbery at the AA Gas and Grub, where he fired off some shots in the ceiling and demanded $2,000. No one was hurt at the robbery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxTbTWSJTc#
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 09:27:40 AM
[...]

Amen
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 09:30:58 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 09:33:03 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Are you trying to insinuate that America hasn't been Made Great Again?!? Cause I won't stand for that sort of talk.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 09:36:12 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
I know exactly what you mean, skipped them as often as possible at my work.  Hated the damn things.   Work Friend of mine that works in the Denver office sent me a note last week about how bad he hated them and was skipping his this year.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 09:44:33 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Will there be booze?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 09:45:57 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Are you trying to insinuate that America hasn't been Made Great Again?!? Cause I won't stand for that sort of talk.
There should be a logout button somewhere in the upper-right...
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 10:02:33 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
I know exactly what you mean, skipped them as often as possible at my work.  Hated the damn things.   Work Friend of mine that works in the Denver office sent me a note last week about how bad he hated them and was skipping his this year.
I don't want to air my laundry here but when you have only gotten 3% in 10years and they want to take away 4% in my retirement.  I don't care what they are serving... Sorry for the rant.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 10:04:17 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 10:05:42 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
I know exactly what you mean, skipped them as often as possible at my work.  Hated the damn things.   Work Friend of mine that works in the Denver office sent me a note last week about how bad he hated them and was skipping his this year.
I don't want to air my laundry here but when you have only gotten 3% in 10years and they want to take away 4% in my retirement.  I don't care what they are serving... Sorry for the rant.
Legit Rant!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 10:22:24 AM
Merry Christmas to my BOTL's(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181220/22ee8ecab1c86eebaeb9e3233d77cee2.jpg)
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 10:25:31 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Are you trying to insinuate that America hasn't been Made Great Again?!? Cause I won't stand for that sort of talk.
There should be a logout button somewhere in the upper-right...
I take it all back. USA! USA!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 10:25:44 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
I know exactly what you mean, skipped them as often as possible at my work.  Hated the damn things.   Work Friend of mine that works in the Denver office sent me a note last week about how bad he hated them and was skipping his this year.
I don't want to air my laundry here but when you have only gotten 3% in 10years and they want to take away 4% in my retirement.  I don't care what they are serving... Sorry for the rant.
That's some damn nonsense, for sure.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 10:26:32 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-encore-majestic-2018
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 10:31:36 AM

I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
I know exactly what you mean, skipped them as often as possible at my work.  Hated the damn things.   Work Friend of mine that works in the Denver office sent me a note last week about how bad he hated them and was skipping his this year.
I don't want to air my laundry here but when you have only gotten 3% in 10years and they want to take away 4% in my retirement.  I don't care what they are serving... Sorry for the rant.

Just trust that you aren't being singled out. It's the new way. That's what prompted my earlier comment. I wonder if our politicians have gotten cost of living increases in the last 10 years (I'm asking rhetorically)?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 10:33:01 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-encore-majestic-2018
Wow I should not be surprised.  I'm glad it was EPC
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 10:33:21 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-encore-majestic-2018
Wow. Check out EPC!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 10:46:18 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Are you trying to insinuate that America hasn't been Made Great Again?!? Cause I won't stand for that sort of talk.
There should be a logout button somewhere in the upper-right...
I take it all back. USA! USA!
(http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ebf215047/images/new_1000_border01-2.jpg)
(https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/399053b343395da109ccd4fc5a4f3b747d007cb7/c=0-0-572-430/local/-/media/2018/06/30/DetroitFreeP/DetroitFreePress/636659629938520130-GettyImages-532176296.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=crop)
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 11:00:53 AM
I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Are you trying to insinuate that America hasn't been Made Great Again?!? Cause I won't stand for that sort of talk.
There should be a logout button somewhere in the upper-right...
I take it all back. USA! USA!
(http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ebf215047/images/new_1000_border01-2.jpg)
(https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/399053b343395da109ccd4fc5a4f3b747d007cb7/c=0-0-572-430/local/-/media/2018/06/30/DetroitFreeP/DetroitFreePress/636659629938520130-GettyImages-532176296.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=crop)
Well, Mexico is out, cause, you know, I don't want to have to pay for the big, beautiful wall. Canada might be an option, because they have legalized pot and lots of maple syrup.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: sfish on December 20, 2018, 11:12:10 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
I googled "Willy Herreras Brazilians" and found more than cigars  :o
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 11:17:37 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
I googled "Willy Herreras Brazilians" and found more than cigars  :o
LALTS. Reminds me of the time I was looking for golf shoes and accidentally went to Dicks.com.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 11:21:25 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
I googled "Willy Herreras Brazilians" and found more than cigars  :o
Not suitable for work?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 11:22:53 AM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
I googled "Willy Herreras Brazilians" and found more than cigars  :o
LALTS. Reminds me of the time I was looking for golf shoes and accidentally went to Dicks.com.
That's their own damn fault for having a bad name for a sporting goods store. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:00:10 PM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Good morning, Fish. Before anyone asks, the code is CATSRULE.
Nice teamwork.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:08:32 PM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-encore-majestic-2018
Happy for EPC.  Well deserved.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:09:21 PM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
I googled "Willy Herreras Brazilians" and found more than cigars  :o
Bonus!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:09:41 PM
So any guesses on CAs #1. I almost think Willy Herreras Brazilians
I googled "Willy Herreras Brazilians" and found more than cigars  :o
Bonus!
Really Hairy Brazilians?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
I know exactly what you mean, skipped them as often as possible at my work.  Hated the damn things.   Work Friend of mine that works in the Denver office sent me a note last week about how bad he hated them and was skipping his this year.
I don't want to air my laundry here but when you have only gotten 3% in 10years and they want to take away 4% in my retirement.  I don't care what they are serving... Sorry for the rant.

Just trust that you aren't being singled out. It's the new way. That's what prompted my earlier comment. I wonder if our politicians have gotten cost of living increases in the last 10 years (I'm asking rhetorically)?
I'm sure it's all merit.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:11:49 PM
OK, I'm all caught up, back to wrapping.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:16:11 PM
It's also EPC day on the daily special for the Sis.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 20, 2018, 12:30:40 PM
traffic was nuts, doctor in accident. was asked to come back in 3 hours. it's an hour fucking drive one way!
checked out WalMart.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 12:38:12 PM
Got this years Christmas photo from a friend...
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 12:39:22 PM
traffic was nuts, doctor in accident. was asked to come back in 3 hours. it's an hour fucking drive one way!
checked out WalMart.
Ha!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2018, 12:44:58 PM
Morning, muchachos. Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2018, 12:46:42 PM
weather map for flooding.
Oh geeze. You have been there long enough to know when to be worried but it only takes once to get flooded. Once in 17 years and I'm still not recovered from last January. I had to rip everything out of my basement. It was beautiful. I am redoing with the fact in mind I got flooded.
that's rough. we don't have basements in Florida, low crawl spaces or everything on slabs. I'm high enough I'm not worried.

calling for wind gusts of 40-50+ mph tonight.
Funny...same out here.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 12:55:52 PM
OMG, checked in and got a good laugh. Had to do a parts run and picked up a stogie in my travels. H Upmann Connecticut. I have not had a Connie in a long time but the cigar vixen said it was good lol
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 20, 2018, 01:02:32 PM
OMG, checked in and got a good laugh. Had to do a parts run and picked up a stogie in my travels. H Upmann Connecticut. I have not had a Connie in a long time but the cigar vixen said it was good lol
who are we to question her!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
OMG, checked in and got a good laugh. Had to do a parts run and picked up a stogie in my travels. H Upmann Connecticut. I have not had a Connie in a long time but the cigar vixen said it was good lol
who are we to question her!
Flip!  What's for lunch?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 01:05:12 PM
Hey, it's Raz and Flip!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 01:37:03 PM
Morning, muchachos. Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything?
#1 Cigar of the Year announcement,
Great price on MF Cedros at the Monster
EPC offerings at the Sis.
Other than that, the usual.

Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 01:38:05 PM
weather map for flooding.
Oh geeze. You have been there long enough to know when to be worried but it only takes once to get flooded. Once in 17 years and I'm still not recovered from last January. I had to rip everything out of my basement. It was beautiful. I am redoing with the fact in mind I got flooded.
that's rough. we don't have basements in Florida, low crawl spaces or everything on slabs. I'm high enough I'm not worried.

calling for wind gusts of 40-50+ mph tonight.
Funny...same out here.
At least we're not being warned, "Go near the ocean and you will die."
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 01:38:22 PM
Hey, it's Raz and Flip!
Flip who?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 01:38:43 PM
Good day RevRaz and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 01:40:48 PM
Small Batch Cigar offering for the day:

Thursday Special!
Today we have two specials on the categories below.

Accessories
Dunbarton
La Barba

CODE: THURSDAY = 15% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!

CODE: THURSDAY110 = 21% off plus 5% reward points on categories above on orders $110+!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 20, 2018, 02:21:08 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
Small Batch Cigar offering for the day:

Thursday Special!
Today we have two specials on the categories below.

Accessories
Dunbarton
La Barba

CODE: THURSDAY = 15% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!

CODE: THURSDAY110 = 21% off plus 5% reward points on categories above on orders $110+!
I do enjoy me some Dunbarton...
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 02:27:45 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, LTG.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 20, 2018, 02:38:43 PM
Good day RevRaz and Mr. Bean.
G'day backatcha, mate. Sorry, been in a rather contentious meeting past hour-and-a-half.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 02:59:38 PM
Small Batch Cigar offering for the day:

Thursday Special!
Today we have two specials on the categories below.

Accessories
Dunbarton
La Barba

CODE: THURSDAY = 15% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!

CODE: THURSDAY110 = 21% off plus 5% reward points on categories above on orders $110+!
I do enjoy me some Dunbarton...
La Barba also, but 15% off?  Pffffttt...
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 03:11:04 PM
Had to get myself a Christmas Haircut and now watching it rain with a MOW PA lit.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 03:28:22 PM
Had to get myself a Christmas Haircut and now watching it rain with a MOW PA lit.
-2  No haircut. No cigar.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 03:29:27 PM
Had to get myself a Christmas Haircut and now watching it rain with a MOW PA lit.
-2  No haircut. No cigar.
Sipping some new 🥃 too.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 03:42:02 PM
Had to get myself a Christmas Haircut and now watching it rain with a MOW PA lit.
-2  No haircut. No cigar.
Sipping some new too.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
Had to get myself a Christmas Haircut and now watching it rain with a MOW PA lit.
-2  No haircut. No cigar.
Sipping some new too.

Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 03:54:42 PM
Small Batch Cigar offering for the day:

Thursday Special!
Today we have two specials on the categories below.

Accessories
Dunbarton
La Barba

CODE: THURSDAY = 15% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!

CODE: THURSDAY110 = 21% off plus 5% reward points on categories above on orders $110+!
I do enjoy me some Dunbarton...
La Barba also, but 15% off?  Pffffttt...
You're not gonna do a $100 order?  Throw in some Lirio Rojo's, you'll be all set.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 03:55:56 PM
Think I'm going to head out with a cup o joe and the #1 Cigar of the Year and watch it rain.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 04:00:58 PM
Cup o'Joe and a Campesino in the man cave. These are smooth.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 04:10:46 PM
;)up o'Joe and a Campesino in the man cave. These are smooth.
Have not had one.  See, there are some.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 04:14:11 PM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Morning Fish, definitely a nice buy.
FMTT’s!!!!!

I was going to buy these and the No Good MF’rs tried to charge me Sales Tax!

 Fuck Them and The Horse They Rode In On!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 04:24:32 PM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Morning Fish, definitely a nice buy.
FMTT’s!!!!!

I was going to buy these and the No Good MF’rs tried to charge me Sales Tax!

 Fuck Them and The Horse They Rode In On!
CI is charging sales tax, too, but not Holt's, CigarPlace, or SBC.  And SBC is in CA, the mother of all tax black holes.  Must be a PA thing.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 04:24:45 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 04:29:30 PM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Morning Fish, definitely a nice buy.
FMTT’s!!!!!

I was going to buy these and the No Good MF’rs tried to charge me Sales Tax!

 Fuck Them and The Horse They Rode In On!
CI is charging sales tax, too, but not Holt's, CigarPlace, or SBC.  And SBC is in CA, the mother of all tax black holes.  Must be a PA thing.
Oh well, don’t buy many cigars any more but absolutely refuse to buy from any that do.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 04:31:47 PM
Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Morning Fish, definitely a nice buy.
FMTT’s!!!!!

I was going to buy these and the No Good MF’rs tried to charge me Sales Tax!

 Fuck Them and The Horse They Rode In On!
CI is charging sales tax, too, but not Holt's, CigarPlace, or SBC.  And SBC is in CA, the mother of all tax black holes.  Must be a PA thing.
Oh well, don’t buy many cigars any more but absolutely refuse to buy from any that do.
Checked and you can add the Sister to my banned list.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 20, 2018, 05:38:19 PM
OMG, checked in and got a good laugh. Had to do a parts run and picked up a stogie in my travels. H Upmann Connecticut. I have not had a Connie in a long time but the cigar vixen said it was good lol
who are we to question her!
Flip!  What's for lunch?
sorry, just looked at the page again
crabcakes, potstickers and carrot cabbage coleslaw.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 20, 2018, 05:40:47 PM
Had to get myself a Christmas Haircut and now watching it rain with a MOW PA lit.
I got mine yesterday in the basement salon,
OK it's just a special chair & hair sink in the basement.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 20, 2018, 05:42:36 PM
A little something for the Mayor
is he that tired, that he needs a tugboat, to get moving?
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 05:50:30 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 05:51:57 PM
A little something for the Mayor
is he that tired, that he needs a tugboat, to get moving?
Yes.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 05:52:41 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 05:58:36 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 05:59:42 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 06:00:02 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Great minds, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 20, 2018, 06:13:17 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Great minds, Mr. Mayor.
Not really🙄
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 06:34:45 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Great minds, Mr. Mayor.
Not really
I'm with SCTex on this one. But it still made me laugh.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 06:35:53 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Great minds, Mr. Mayor.
Not really
I'm with SCTex on this one. But it still made me laugh.
Yeah, but he's still overdue...
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 20, 2018, 06:36:02 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
Great minds, Mr. Mayor.
Not really🙄
GFY!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 08:31:36 PM
A little something for the Mayor
Nice! I spotted one on the East River earlier. My view of the river is so narrow that by the time I clicked the camera app on my phone, it was gone.
I almost missed this one, it slipped up on me.
TWSS
How about that, Tony actually beat somebody to the draw!
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 09:10:57 PM
It's also EPC day on the daily special for the Sis.
Lately, cigar.com seems like they've been switching offerings at some point during the day. Maybe midnight and noon? In any case, the EPC Natural one is messed up because it appears like you're buying 5 of each (25 total)... But you ain't.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 09:30:06 PM
It's also EPC day on the daily special for the Sis.
Lately, cigar.com seems like they've been switching offerings at some point during the day. Maybe midnight and noon? In any case, the EPC Natural one is messed up because it appears like you're buying 5 of each (25 total)... But you ain't.
Damn marketing
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 20, 2018, 09:35:13 PM
I learned today that a tugboat can outrun you.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 10:47:02 PM
I learned today that a tugboat can outrun you.
This nags racing days are over, tugs or otherwise.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 20, 2018, 10:48:28 PM
Dont know that we'll get ten pages today u less I get some PW inspiration.
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 10:51:03 PM
Dont know that we'll get ten pages today u less I get some PW inspiration.
Or we could banter back...
Title: Re: 12/20/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 20, 2018, 10:52:37 PM
Dont know that we'll get ten pages today u less I get some PW inspiration.
Or we could banter back...
...and forth.