CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 12/11/2018  (Read 9391 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 12/11/2018
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk. 

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.
I stand corrected sir, that is the case.
Damn. I was hoping you knew something I didn't.

Still going to get myself a still one of these days when I'm not buying a gun.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk. 

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.

I know laws have changed allowing for "micro distilleries", but they are commercial ventures and require licensure.  I had assumed that with all the home fermentation supply companies (for beer and wine) selling stills and accessories as well, I assumed.  But no, the disclaimer (wink, wink) is that these products would be used for fuel and other non consumable production.  Yea, that's why they are being sold in a consumable at home catalog...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »

You should build one like Hawkeye and Trapper did in M*A*S*H.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2018, 01:03:49 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
Also gonna start rolling my own cigars soon.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2018, 01:06:17 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
if you don't have time to smoke them, where you going to find the time to make them? 🤔

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
Remember to use actual tobacco leaves, not whatever you find growing in the yard.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
if you don't have time to smoke them, where you going to find the time to make them? 🤔
Late at night, while he's waiting to do the flip. :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
if you don't have time to smoke them, where you going to find the time to make them?
Killjoy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
if you don't have time to smoke them, where you going to find the time to make them?
Since it's Tuesday, flip this...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
Since it's Tuesday, flip this...

Nailed it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »

Hazzuh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member