Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.
I stand corrected sir, that is the case.
Damn. I was hoping you knew something I didn't.

Still going to get myself a still one of these days when I'm not buying a gun.

[...]

I know laws have changed allowing for "micro distilleries", but they are commercial ventures and require licensure.  I had assumed that with all the home fermentation supply companies (for beer and wine) selling stills and accessories as well, I assumed.  But no, the disclaimer (wink, wink) is that these products would be used for fuel and other non consumable production.  Yea, that's why they are being sold in a consumable at home catalog...

[...]

You should build one like Hawkeye and Trapper did in M*A*S*H.

[...]

ha, 3 hour old gin.

[...]

Yum, fresh!

[...]

Also gonna start rolling my own cigars soon.

[...]

if you don't have time to smoke them, where you going to find the time to make them? 🤔

[...]

Remember to use actual tobacco leaves, not whatever you find growing in the yard.

[...]

Late at night, while he's waiting to do the flip. :D

[...]

Killjoy.

[...]

Since it's Tuesday, flip this...

[...]

Nailed it.

Hazzuh!