CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 12/11/2018  (Read 9495 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 12/11/2018
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2018, 11:04:50 AM »

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk. 

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2018, 11:11:45 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
First I've heard.
Then again, I'm not nearly as knowledgable, my armory not near so large, and I don't want to deal with stocking too much of a variety of ammo.

Yeah, I used to think "practically" about firearms too. I've crossed over to "collector" now, BATFE certified. This was actually a deviation from my recent focus on "curios and relics."
I have what I need, other than the Mossberg .410 pump.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2018, 11:16:15 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
First I've heard.
Then again, I'm not nearly as knowledgable, my armory not near so large, and I don't want to deal with stocking too much of a variety of ammo.

Yeah, I used to think "practically" about firearms too. I've crossed over to "collector" now, BATFE certified. This was actually a deviation from my recent focus on "curios and relics."
You still haven't found one of those? I saw one the other day and thought of you, but I thought I remembered you already having got one.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
First I've heard.

You still haven't found one of those? I saw one the other day and thought of you, but I thought I remembered you already having got one.
no, I was given a sawed off 12 gauge from the buddy that died but gave it to his son after I cleaned it.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk. 

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.
Naw, I just checked it. You can't diatill spirits at home for personal consumption without a distilled spirits permit from the feds.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
First I've heard.

The Mrs is on their mailing list. Let's see if she'll surprise me.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2018, 11:24:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
First I've heard.

On the BATFE's mailing list? Not necessarily a good thing...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2018, 11:25:23 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
First I've heard.

Krispy Kreme. Keep up, Raz.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
First I've heard.

Or maybe it's me that needs to keep up... Blaming this one on Tapatalk.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »

@TugboatTony...

12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
... I was trying to quote the previous post. Sheesh on me.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »

This was what I saw on a deal the other day, Dean. It's not now. Sorry, should have notified you.

https://grabagun.com/mossberg-590-shockwave-410-14-3-bl-syn.html

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 11:42:31 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
First I've heard.

not what I thought either.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2018, 11:45:08 AM »

I stand corrected sir, that is the case.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »

This was what I saw on a deal the other day, Dean. It's not now. Sorry, should have notified you.

https://grabagun.com/mossberg-590-shockwave-410-14-3-bl-syn.html
I've seen the Cruiser as low as $310.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8