Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.

Morning RevolverRaz.

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
First I've heard.
Then again, I'm not nearly as knowledgable, my armory not near so large, and I don't want to deal with stocking too much of a variety of ammo.

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
They've become popular again lately.  I think with the average gun owner now owning eight firearms, people have got their carry gun choices sorted out, and with good sub-$1K 10mm options on the market now they're buying for fun.

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.

@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
First I've heard.
Then again, I'm not nearly as knowledgable, my armory not near so large, and I don't want to deal with stocking too much of a variety of ammo.

Yeah, I used to think "practically" about firearms too. I've crossed over to "collector" now, BATFE certified. This was actually a deviation from my recent focus on "curios and relics."

@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
December 12 is also  National Ambrosia Day, National Ding-a-Ling Day, Gingerbread House Day and Poinsettia Day.

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.

But first things first, December 11 is

NATIONAL APP DAY

National App Day is observed annually on December 11.  The word “App” was listed as the word of the year in 2010 by the American Dialect Society.

Short for Software Application, apps quickly appeared as our mobile cellular phones incorporated smart technologies including processing chips, internet connectivity and touchscreens.

Since that time apps have changed how we work, live and play.  They have created thousands of new companies, millions of new jobs and billions of dollars in revenue.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Post what your favorite app is on social media using #NationalAppDay, including why you couldn’t imagine life without it.  Click here to read the 2018 press release from the founder of App Day.

HISTORY

National App Day was submitted to and accepted by the Registrar at National Day Calendar in December 2017 by CJ Thompson, founder of Platinum Edge Media.

The purpose of National App Day is to celebrate the importance of apps as they change our collective culture by organically promoting creativity and innovation.

Apps accelerated in growth with the advent of Apple’s iPhone in 2007.  In 2008 Apple introduced OS 2.0, which included approximately 500 apps and allowed third-party app generation.  Today there are over 2 million apps on both the Apple and Android platforms and thousands more introduced daily.

NATIONAL NOODLE RING DAY

Across the country, December 11 is day recognizing National Noodle Ring Day.

National Noodle Ring Day could possibly be about the little round pasta noodles that make up a delicious pasta salad or a number of other pasta dishes. They also are popular with kids (of all ages) to use in different craft projects, maybe even one that results in a beautiful snowflake for the holidays.

However, National Noodle Ring Day celebrates the pasta dish which is formed in an 8 or 9 inch ring mold or bundt pan.  Usually made from noodles, flour, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs and other seasonings, this dish has quite a following.  When baked the noodle ring is removed from the mold and served on a plate giving it an elegant appearance.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Try your skills with making a noodle ring from one of the following noodle ring recipes:

Baked Noodle Ring
Picture Perfect Noodle Ring
Noodle Ring

Use #NationalNoodleRingDay to post on social media.

HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to locate the creator or origin of National Noodle Ring Day.

[...]

Can't say that I've ever seen noodle rings in the store or at a restaurant outside of Spaghetti-Os.

@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
Too bad beyond Rochester in NY. All they have are Dunkin donuts and Starbucks. I'm still heavily influenced by Tim Hortons.

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8