CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 16, 2018, 12:01:20 AM

Title: 12/16/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 16, 2018, 12:01:20 AM
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 05:30:01 AM
Hmm what to smoke with my coffee this morning? Going to check the boilers. I love my Keurig machine. Consistent coffee Everytime.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 06:54:20 AM
Morning Mr. Rick.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 06:55:20 AM
Hmm what to smoke with my coffee this morning? Going to check the boilers. I love my Keurig machine. Consistent coffee Everytime.
Brewing a pot myself, but I have a Keurig myself for those occasions where I just need one cup.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:01:35 AM
Congrats Dean on the engagement announcement.  Wishing all the happiness!
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:03:47 AM
Good deal on the MBombay sampler at the sis.  Tasty but way overpriced cigar normally.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:05:01 AM
Today is Sunday, Dec. 16, the 350th day of 2018. There are 15 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Dec. 16, 1944, the World War II Battle of the Bulge began as German forces launched a surprise attack against Allied forces through the Ardennes Forest in Belgium and Luxembourg (the Allies were eventually able to turn the Germans back).
On this date:
In 1773, the Boston Tea Party took place as American colonists boarded a British ship and dumped more than 300 chests of tea into Boston Harbor to protest tea taxes.

In 1905, the entertainment trade publication Variety came out with its first weekly issue.
In 1950, President Harry S. Truman proclaimed a national state of emergency in order to fight “world conquest by Communist imperialism.”
In 1960, 134 people were killed when a United Air Lines DC-8 and a TWA Super Constellation collided over New York City.
In 1976, the government halted its swine flu vaccination program following reports of paralysis apparently linked to the vaccine.
In 1980, Harland Sanders, founder of the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant chain, died in Shelbyville, Kentucky, at age 90.
In 1982, Environmental Protection Agency head Anne M. Gorsuch became the first Cabinet-level officer to be cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to submit documents requested by a congressional committee.
In 1985, at services in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, President Ronald Reagan and his wife, Nancy, offered condolences to families of 248 soldiers killed in the crash of a chartered plane in Newfoundland.
In 1991, the U.N. General Assembly rescinded its 1975 resolution equating Zionism with racism by a vote of 111-25.
In 2000, President-elect George W. Bush selected Colin Powell to become the first African-American secretary of state.
In 2001, after nine weeks of fighting, Afghan militia leaders claimed control of the last mountain bastion of Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaida fighters, but bin Laden himself was nowhere to be seen.
In 2012, President Barack Obama visited Newtown, Connecticut, the scene of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre; after meeting privately with victims’ families, the president told an evening vigil he would use “whatever power” he had to prevent future shootings.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:05:34 AM
Ten years ago: President-elect Barack Obama announced his choice of Arne Duncan, the head of the Chicago school system, to be his education secretary. The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously to authorize nations to conduct land and air attacks on pirate bases on the coast of Somalia. The Cleveland Clinic announced its surgeons had performed the nation’s first near-total face transplant on a severely disfigured woman. (The woman, Connie Culp, went public with her identity in May 2009.) Police in Hollywood, Fla., closed their investigation into the 1981 abduction-slaying of 6-year-old Adam Walsh, saying a serial killer who’d died more than a decade earlier in prison, Ottis Toole, was responsible.

Five years ago: In the first ruling of its kind, U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon declared that the National Security Agency’s bulk collection of Americans’ telephone records likely violated the Constitution’s ban on unreasonable search. Ray Price, 87, one of country music’s most popular and influential singers and bandleaders, died in Mount Pleasant, Texas.

One year ago: Two female couples tied the knot in Australia’s first same-sex weddings under new legislation allowing gay marriages.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:07:25 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Civil rights attorney Morris Dees is 82.
Actress Joyce Bulifant is 81.
Actress Liv Ullmann is 80.
CBS news correspondent Lesley Stahl is 77.
Former Nevada Gov. Jim Gibbons is 74.
Pop musician Tony Hicks (The Hollies) is 73.
Pop singer Benny Andersson (ABBA) is 72.
Actor Ben Cross is 71.
Rock singer-musician Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) is 69.
Rock musician Bill Bateman (The Blasters) is 67.
 Actor Xander Berkeley is 63.
Actress Alison LaPlaca is 59.
Actor Sam Robards is 57.
Actor Jon Tenney is 57.
Actor Benjamin Bratt is 55.
Country singer-songwriter Jeff Carson is 55.
Actor-comedian JB Smoove is 53.
Actress Miranda Otto is 51.
Actor Daniel Cosgrove is 48.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Michael McCary is 47.
Actor Jonathan Scarfe is 43.
Actress Krysten Ritter is 37.
Actress Zoe Jarman is 36.
Country musician Chris Scruggs is 36.
Actor Theo James is 34.
Actress Amanda Setton is 33.
Rock musician Dave Rublin (American Authors) is 32.
Actress Hallee Hirsh is 31.
Actress Anna Popplewell is 30.
Actor Stephan James is 25.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:07:50 AM
Thought for Today: “There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his.” — Helen Keller, American author and lecturer (1880-1968).
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:08:53 AM
Sorry I was scarce yesterday.  Flying solo with two three year olds and a dog, then birthday party for my mother in the evening.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 07:09:55 AM
Morning Mr. Rick.
Good morning Dave. I'm the only one in my house that drinks coffee. I like having different selections. Right now I am on a pike place kick
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 07:11:58 AM
Sorry I was scarce yesterday.  Flying solo with two three year olds and a dog, then birthday party for my mother in the evening.
I'm sure you had a good day.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:21:59 AM
Christmas countdown at Holts.
Including the 6 x 60 Kristoff Pistoff.

https://www.holts.com/
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 07:23:05 AM
Sorry I was scarce yesterday.  Flying solo with two three year olds and a dog, then birthday party for my mother in the evening.
I'm sure you had a good day.
It was fine.  Wouldn't want to make a habit of it.  Good quality time as they'll be heading off to Boston in three weeks.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 07:30:31 AM
LA Palina Classic Maduro going here.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:56:35 AM
Congrats Dean on the engagement announcement.  Wishing all the happiness!
thanks Dave.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:57:11 AM
goodnight Johnny, good morning Rick and Dave.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:57:23 AM
https://www.themanual.com/culture/how-to-smoke-a-cigar-properly/
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:57:57 AM
https://halfwheel.com/montecristo-nicaragua-series-robusto/287459
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 08:00:52 AM
coffee and EPC 2nd here before final re-arrangement of house for Christmas party. Bah Humbug.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 16, 2018, 08:05:20 AM
Good morning, Rick, MDDave, and Dean.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 16, 2018, 08:07:16 AM
Good morning, Rick, MDDave, and Dean.
Wasn't your daughters celebration in Maryland?
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 08:23:29 AM
Good morning, Rick, MDDave, and Dean.
Good morning Mr. Mayor and Dean.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 08:35:18 AM
Good morning, Rick, MDDave, and Dean.
morning Tony.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 08:36:08 AM
https://halfwheel.com/montecristo-nicaragua-series-robusto/287459
I'm not a fan of Monties but willing to give this one a try.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 09:01:00 AM
https://halfwheel.com/montecristo-nicaragua-series-robusto/287459
I'm not a fan of Monties but willing to give this one a try.
For a Nicaraguan Puro the Romeo 505 is good.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 16, 2018, 09:05:53 AM
Hmm what to smoke with my coffee this morning? Going to check the boilers. I love my Keurig machine. Consistent coffee Everytime.
Brewing a pot myself, but I have a Keurig myself for those occasions where I just need one cup.
Exactly my SOP.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 16, 2018, 09:11:16 AM
Good morning Rick, Dean, Tony, and GrandkidsDave.  Coffee on but no cigar as not in the man cave....yet.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 09:27:40 AM
Good morning Rick, Dean, Tony, and GrandkidsDave.  Coffee on but no cigar as not in the man cave....yet.
Hey good morning Mark.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 09:28:02 AM
who the hell only has ONE cup of coffee??!!!
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 09:29:05 AM
I see JR was on last night. That's cool. I have not seen or heard from the ol' cat's
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 09:31:03 AM
who the hell only has ONE cup of coffee??!!!
Not me. I run K cups through mine all day. I just don't like coffee sitting in the pot on the burner. Char's it
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 09:43:13 AM
who the hell only has ONE cup of coffee??!!!
Not me. I run K cups through mine all day. I just don't like coffee sitting in the pot on the burner. Char's it
I have a pot on all day long. if there's any left when I go to bed at night that's what I start my day with as another pot brews.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 09:43:59 AM
I see JR was on last night. That's cool. I have not seen or heard from the ol' cat's
he's always lurking, just seldom posts.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 09:54:48 AM
Morning from Ft Lauderdale, Frank too much and woke up here by the water where it is warm  this morning.  Enjoying a nice cup of expresso with a Padron Damaso fired up.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 10:08:11 AM
Morning from Ft Lauderdale, Frank too much and woke up here by the water where it is warm  this morning.  Enjoying a nice cup of expresso with a Padron Damaso fired up.
you Frank too much?
boat get blown off course?
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 10:08:36 AM
morning FlDave.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 10:12:45 AM
Morning from Ft Lauderdale, Frank too much and woke up here by the water where it is warm  this morning.  Enjoying a nice cup of expresso with a Padron Damaso fired up.
you Frank too much?
boat get blown off course?
Yeah, got all Franked-Up🥃
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 10:15:45 AM
morning FlDave.
Morning Daen’o, at least I woke up somewhere 20 degrees warmer than where I live.

We came down for the Christmas Boat Parade which is a fun thing to see.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 10:20:07 AM
Stopped in Jacksonville and had bbq at the Bearded Pig, really good !

This is a Sampler Platter for 2, 4 meats and 2 sides.   Brisket was Texas Good.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 10:53:03 AM
I'm all medicated, hope they kick in by 2 o'clock.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 10:58:42 AM
All Franked up LMAO. Nice pictures
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 16, 2018, 12:20:45 PM
The boat parade looks pretty cool but the barbecue looks spectacular. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 16, 2018, 12:33:47 PM
The boat parade looks pretty cool but the barbecue looks spectacular. Just sayin'.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 16, 2018, 12:36:29 PM
who the hell only has ONE cup of coffee??!!!
Not me. I run K cups through mine all day. I just don't like coffee sitting in the pot on the burner. Char's it
I have a pot on all day long. if there's any left when I go to bed at night that's what I start my day with as another pot brews.
(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RelievedPiercingKestrel-max-1mb.gif)
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 16, 2018, 12:38:20 PM
Fresh K-cup Eight-O'Clock Italian Dark Roast and a Luminosa in the man cave.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 16, 2018, 01:34:54 PM
Fresh K-cup Eight-O'Clock Italian Dark Roast and a Luminosa in the man cave.
Yuck, fresh brewed? Ya gotta let it ferment.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 16, 2018, 01:45:20 PM
Fresh K-cup Eight-O'Clock Italian Dark Roast and a Luminosa in the man cave.
Yuck, fresh brewed? Ya gotta let it ferment.
Overnight, like El Deano?  I think not!
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
Tat Miami Lancero fired up and some Sweetwater 420 to sip.

Warden loves Christmas Lights so we are going on a boat  Christmas Light trip tonight .
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 02:56:02 PM
Fresh K-cup Eight-O'Clock Italian Dark Roast and a Luminosa in the man cave.
Yuck, fresh brewed? Ya gotta let it ferment.
Overnight, like El Deano?  I think not!
+1
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 16, 2018, 03:01:06 PM
Big iguana and a little one
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 16, 2018, 03:37:17 PM
Kristoffs ligero Maduro from the man cave, watching the rest of the Bills game.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:10:34 PM
the party is over, the house is empty but for me and my kitty. there's plenty of good leftovers in the fridge, the guests were kind enough to pick up and clean the kitchen. got a nice cup of expresso roast poured and a Short Story burning. I am tired but I had a grand time and hope everyone who came did also.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Johnny on December 16, 2018, 07:17:23 PM
SC Dave goes to Fla. for Texas BBQ, and I went to San Antonio Tx. for Sea Food,ain't that some shit!!OH yeah and a gun
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:44:14 PM
SC Dave goes to Fla. for Texas BBQ, and I went to San Antonio Tx. for Sea Food,ain't that some shit!!OH yeah and a gun
other than the gun it's a very confusing time we live in.
evening Johnny.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Johnny on December 16, 2018, 07:51:49 PM
SC Dave goes to Fla. for Texas BBQ, and I went to San Antonio Tx. for Sea Food,ain't that some shit!!OH yeah and a gun
other than the gun it's a very confusing time we live in.
evening Johnny.
Howdy Dean, had a nice Father Son day out with one of my boys, nice lunch then the gun and ice cream afterwards, very nice indeed!
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 07:58:25 PM
SC Dave goes to Fla. for Texas BBQ, and I went to San Antonio Tx. for Sea Food,ain't that some shit!!OH yeah and a gun
other than the gun it's a very confusing time we live in.
evening Johnny.
Howdy Dean, had a nice Father Son day out with one of my boys, nice lunch then the gun and ice cream afterwards, very nice indeed!
we all need days like, some more than others. I really miss my kids.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Johnny on December 16, 2018, 08:03:15 PM
SC Dave goes to Fla. for Texas BBQ, and I went to San Antonio Tx. for Sea Food,ain't that some shit!!OH yeah and a gun
other than the gun it's a very confusing time we live in.
evening Johnny.
Howdy Dean, had a nice Father Son day out with one of my boys, nice lunch then the gun and ice cream afterwards, very nice indeed!
we all need days like, some more than others. I really miss my kids.
Kids are an important part of life, son and I decided to make more of an effort to get together more often for days like this.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 16, 2018, 08:36:56 PM
well, I am wore out and calling it a night.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Johnny on December 16, 2018, 08:49:37 PM
well, I am wore out and calling it a night.
'Nite Dean.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 11:06:05 PM
Fresh K-cup Eight-O'Clock Italian Dark Roast and a Luminosa in the man cave.
Nice weeks wrap.   You may need to consider getting another box or two.
Title: Re: 12/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 16, 2018, 11:14:09 PM
Good morning, Rick, MDDave, and Dean.
Wasn't your daughters celebration in Maryland?
Sure was, at Hopkins. Drove down early afternoon zThursday with John, had a very nice dinner. Ceremony started 11:00 on Friday, done about 12, headed home immediately after. They headed out as soon as I got home around 3:00.