CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 13, 2018, 12:01:48 AM

Title: 12/13/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 13, 2018, 12:01:48 AM
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 05:24:25 AM
Morning Sleepers!

Cozy 36 degrees feels like 30 this morning.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 05:35:01 AM
Morning Sleepers!

Cozy 36 degrees feels like 30 this morning.
Good morning Dave. It's above freezing here wahoo... Going to check the boilers.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 05:38:04 AM
Morning Sleepers!

Cozy 36 degrees feels like 30 this morning.
Good morning Dave. It's above freezing here wahoo... Going to check the boilers.
Morning BoilerChecker
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 05:47:54 AM
I was questioning the usefulness of moonshiners the other day and I got some info from a couple of knowledgeable sources.  Seems that moonshine is in high demand these days.  A lot of the tv show is pretty accurate.  The old fashioned corn liquor is not where the demand is though, various fruit flavored concoctions are what they want and that goes along with the tv shows.  Cherry, peach and orange are very popular flavors.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 05:51:25 AM
Holy Cow, we are Jamming 🙄
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 06:01:57 AM
Fresh hot Cuban Expresso Blend is mighty good this morning
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 06:03:31 AM
good morning Rick and Dave.
Griffin robusto and coffee here.
congestion about gone.
now if only I could walk. good thing I see all my doctors next week.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 13, 2018, 06:16:12 AM
Morning, all. Happy Office Friday.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 06:16:30 AM
good morning Rick and Dave.
Griffin robusto and coffee here.
congestion about gone.
now if only I could walk. good thing I see all my doctors next week.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 06:17:28 AM
good morning Rick and Dave.
Griffin robusto and coffee here.
congestion about gone.
now if only I could walk. good thing I see all my doctors next week.
Good morning Dean. Good luck with your doctors. I can't wait to get through my day. Getting up to maybe 40 deg today!!!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 06:22:07 AM
good morning Rick and Dave.
Griffin robusto and coffee here.
congestion about gone.
now if only I could walk. good thing I see all my doctors next week.
Good morning Dean. Good luck with your doctors. I can't wait to get through my day. Getting up to maybe 40 deg today!!!
55° here now, heading into the 70's.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 06:22:34 AM
Morning, all. Happy Office Friday.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 06:24:01 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 06:36:16 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
I am just being a smart ass but you shouldn't call your lady-friend's daughter the "cleaning Lady"!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 06:54:36 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
I am just being a smart ass but you shouldn't call your lady-friend's daughter the "cleaning Lady"!
But she is actually the cleaning lady also!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 06:54:53 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
I am just being a smart ass but you shouldn't call your lady-friend's daughter the "cleaning Lady"!
I don't think she minds...
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 06:55:33 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 06:56:08 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
I am just being a smart ass but you shouldn't call your lady-friend's daughter the "cleaning Lady"!
I don't think she minds...
And good morning!  Nice entrance (TWSS).
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 06:56:27 AM
Morning SCDave, BoilerRick, SedentaryDean, OHDave, and IrishBean.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:02:32 AM
Today in History
Today is Thursday, Dec. 13, the 347th day of 2018. There are 18 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Dec. 13, 2003, Saddam Hussein was captured by U.S. forces while hiding in a hole under a farmhouse in Adwar, Iraq, near his hometown of Tikrit.

On this date:
In 1862, Union forces led by Maj. Gen. Ambrose Burnside launched futile attacks against entrenched Confederate soldiers during the Civil War Battle of Fredericksburg; the soundly defeated Northern troops withdrew two days later.
In 1918, President Woodrow Wilson arrived in France, becoming the first chief executive to visit Europe while in office.
In 1928, George Gershwin’s “An American in Paris” had its premiere at Carnegie Hall in New York.
In 1937, the Chinese city of Nanjing fell to Japanese forces during the Sino-Japanese War; what followed was a massacre of war prisoners, soldiers and citizens. (China maintains that up to 300,000 people were killed; Japanese nationalists say the death toll was far lower, and some maintain the massacre never happened.)
In 1944, during World War II, the light cruiser USS Nashville was badly damaged in a Japanese kamikaze attack off Negros Island in the Philippines that claimed 133 lives.
In 1977, an Air Indiana Flight 216, a DC-3 carrying the University of Evansville basketball team on a flight to Nashville, crashed shortly after takeoff, killing all 29 people on board.
In 1978, the Philadelphia Mint began stamping the Susan B. Anthony dollar, which went into circulation the following July.
In 1981, authorities in Poland imposed martial law in a crackdown on the Solidarity labor movement. (Martial law formally ended in 1983.)
In 1996, the U.N. Security Council chose Kofi Annan (KOH’-fee AN’-nan) of Ghana to become the world body’s seventh secretary-general.
In 1997, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held in Los Angeles for the 1 billion-dollar Getty Center, one of the largest arts centers in the United States.
In 2000, Republican George W. Bush claimed the presidency a day after the U.S. Supreme Court shut down further recounts of disputed ballots in Florida; Democrat Al Gore conceded, delivering a call for national unity.
In 2002, Cardinal Bernard Law resigned as Boston archbishop because of the priest sex abuse scandal.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:03:29 AM
Ten years ago: The White House weighed its options for preventing a collapse of the troubled U.S. auto industry. Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford won the Heisman Trophy after guiding the highest-scoring team in major college football history to the national championship game.

Five years ago: North Korea’s state-run media announced the execution the day before of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s uncle, portraying Jang Song Thaek as a morally corrupt traitor. Reality TV star Khloe Kardashian filed for divorce from Lamar Odom after four years of marriage.

One year ago: Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton appointed Lt. Gov. Tina Smith to fill the Senate seat of fellow Democrat Al Franken until a special election in November, 2018. Congressional Republicans reached agreement on a major overhaul of the nation’s tax laws that would provide generous tax cuts for corporations and the wealthiest Americans; middle- and low-income families would get smaller tax cuts. The New York Times published claims by three women that they had been raped by music mogul Russell Simmons in the 1980s and 1990s; Simmons denied the allegations.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 07:03:32 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
I am just being a smart ass but you shouldn't call your lady-friend's daughter the "cleaning Lady"!
I don't think she minds...
that picture has way too many clothes to be considered my cleaning lady.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:04:03 AM
Thought for Today: “To know how to say what others only know how to think is what makes men poets or sages; and to dare to say what others only dare to think makes men martyrs or reformers — or both.” — Elizabeth Charles, British writer (1828-1896).
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 07:04:22 AM
and good morning Mark and Dave.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:04:51 AM
cleaning lady coming this morning.
I am just being a smart ass but you shouldn't call your lady-friend's daughter the "cleaning Lady"!
I don't think she minds...
that picture has way too many clothes to be considered my cleaning lady.
Understood, needed to adjust for orifice viewing.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:07:07 AM
Today’s Birthdays: Former Secretary of State George P. Shultz is 98.
Actor-comedian Dick Van Dyke is 93.
Actor Christopher Plummer is 89.
Country singer Buck White is 88.
Music/film producer Lou Adler is 85.
Singer John Davidson is 77.
Actress Kathy Garver (TV: “Family Affair”) is 73.
Singer Ted Nugent is 70.
Rock musician Jeff “Skunk” Baxter is 70.
Country musician Ron Getman is 70.
Actor Robert Lindsay is 69.
Country singer-musician Randy Owen is 69.
Actress Wendie Malick is 68.
Former Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is 68.
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is 65.
Country singer John Anderson is 64.
Singer-songwriter Steve Forbert is 64.
Singer-actor Morris Day is 62.
Actor Steve Buscemi (boo-SEH’-mee) is 61.
Actor Johnny Whitaker (TV: “Family Affair”) is 59.
Rock musician John Munson (Semisonic; Twilight Hours) is 56.
Actress-reality TV star NeNe Leakes is 52.
Actor-comedian Jamie Foxx is 51.
Actor Bart Johnson is 48.
Actor Jeffrey Pierce is 47.
TV personality Debbie Matenopoulos is 44.
Rock singer-musician Thomas Delonge is 43.
Actor James Kyson Lee is 43.
Actress Kimee Balmilero (TV: “Hawaii Five-0″) is 39.
Actress Chelsea Hertford is 37.
 Rock singer Amy Lee (Evanescence) is 37.
Actor Michael Socha is 31.
Neo-soul musician Wesley Watkins (Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats) is 31.
Actor Marcel Spears (TV: “The Mayor”) is 30.
Singer Taylor Swift is 29.
Actress Maisy Stella is 15.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:09:51 AM
[...]
And my wife's grandmother is 101 today. God bless her.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:11:27 AM
Good morning SCDave, Rick, Dean, OHDave, Mark, and NJDave.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:13:19 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Heading out around noon myself, heading down to Baltimore for daughters graduation tomorrow  (Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner)
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:14:04 AM
[...]
Is this the one that dragged you around Disney World?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:14:44 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:14:59 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Heading out around noon myself, heading down to Baltimore for daughters graduation tomorrow  (Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner)
Ahhh, hence the 3-day work week. That's worth celebrating. Congrats!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:15:35 AM
Son and DIL heading up to Boston this weekend househunting.
I get to watch the rugrats and furball.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:16:11 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Heading out around noon myself, heading down to Baltimore for daughters graduation tomorrow  (Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner)
Ahhh, hence the 3-day work week. That's worth celebrating. Congrats!
Even better that she paid for it!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:16:50 AM
[...]
No that was my wife's 90 year old aunt (mom's side). The grandmother (from her dad's side) isn't nearly as mobile.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:18:22 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Heading out around noon myself, heading down to Baltimore for daughters graduation tomorrow  (Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner)
Ahhh, hence the 3-day work week. That's worth celebrating. Congrats!
Even better that she paid for it!
Wowza. Did you ever think this day would come?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:19:33 AM
[...]
What's she doing for her birthday today?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/102-year-old-woman-becomes-the-oldest-skydiver-in-the-world-as-she-jumps-out-of-plane-for-charity/ar-BBQPlA8?ocid=spartanntp
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 07:20:02 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Heading out around noon myself, heading down to Baltimore for daughters graduation tomorrow  (Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner)
Ahhh, hence the 3-day work week. That's worth celebrating. Congrats!
Even better that she paid for it!
Wowza. Did you ever think this day would come?
With her....yes actually.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 07:21:47 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:26:59 AM
[...]

I think she's taking it easy. She'll save the skydiving for next year.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 07:27:51 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Moving back?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 07:27:56 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Wonderful, more Californians.   ::)
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 07:28:37 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Moving back?
CNS
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 13, 2018, 07:30:49 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Moving back?
LALTS
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 07:48:41 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Moving back?
Never say never but No Plans for such.  No plans for moving anywhere except maybe the cemetery but IF I did move it would be further south.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 07:52:20 AM
Biscuits, Sausage and Cheese Grits for breakfast this morning.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 07:55:34 AM
Biscuits, Sausage and Cheese Grits for breakfast this morning.
Yummo.
(https://i.imgur.com/EQw7Eql.gif)
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 13, 2018, 08:07:51 AM
Time for me to make like a baby and head out. Adios, mofos, enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 08:15:40 AM
Biscuits, Sausage and Cheese Grits for breakfast this morning.
Yum! Can't wait for access to that again.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 08:16:22 AM
Time for me to make like a baby and head out. Adios, mofos, enjoy your day.
Good travels Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 08:21:05 AM
My cleaning ladies have arrived, time to head out with a Perdomo 10th Anniv Champagne
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 13, 2018, 08:24:23 AM
My cleaning ladies have arrived, time to head out with a Perdomo 10th Anniv Champagne
You let your cleaning ladies actually clean? You need to take a chapter out of the DeanmaSutra.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 08:32:28 AM
Biscuits, Sausage and Cheese Grits for breakfast this morning.
Yum! Can't wait for access to that again.
Hope you gave up NJ access to those high capacity magazines before they raid your home.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 08:33:24 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Moving back?
Never say never but No Plans for such.  No plans for moving anywhere except maybe the cemetery but IF I did move it would be further south.
Mexico?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 08:34:29 AM
Biscuits, Sausage and Cheese Grits for breakfast this morning.
Yummo.
(https://i.imgur.com/EQw7Eql.gif)
That was the lady who was eaten by Rachel Ray?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 09:06:31 AM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Apple announced Wednesday it will build a $1 billion campus in north Austin. The new facility will be less than a mile from its existing campus on Parmer Lane.

According to the Apple press release, the 133-acre campus will accommodate 5,000 employees with the capacity to grow to 15,000. Apple expects to become Austin's largest private employer.
Moving back?
Never say never but No Plans for such.  No plans for moving anywhere except maybe the cemetery but IF I did move it would be further south.
Mexico?
You smoking NJ Dave’s funny cigarettes?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 09:09:14 AM
@ Mayor T - Guess they are going to screw up your favorite smokes

Cigar News: Drew Estate Ships Three Offerings in Revamped Herrera Esteli Line
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 09:20:57 AM
All these damn food recalls are getting ridiculous!  Used to be you took them back for a refund but most of them now are saying F.U., throw it away it is dangerous and do not return it so you eat the cost.  I had to throw away a pack of expensive ground prime rib a couple of weeks ago.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 09:45:57 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 09:48:05 AM
Christmas Eve is often a time to spend getting together with family, cooking a nice meal and listening for the clop, clop of Santa’s reindeer on the roof. But the normally cheerful occasion has a darker secret — the greatest heart attack risk of the year.

That’s according to a new study published in the British Medical Journal on Wednesday, which found that a person’s risk of heart attack spikes during most holidays and peaks at around 10 p.m on Christmas Eve.

“The peak is very pronounced exactly on Christmas Eve and the following two days, so, I think it is something specific for the way we celebrate these holidays,” said Lund University cardiologist David Erlinge, according to the Telegraph.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 13, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Almost up to 50 degrees so guess I will head out for my walk.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 09:56:09 AM
Good time to go except for those left behind.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 09:56:27 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 09:56:41 AM
Almost up to 50 degrees so guess I will head out for my walk.
Bet the dogs are ready.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 09:57:04 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
Nah...
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 13, 2018, 10:05:18 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 13, 2018, 10:06:11 AM
I was questioning the usefulness of moonshiners the other day and I got some info from a couple of knowledgeable sources.  Seems that moonshine is in high demand these days.  A lot of the tv show is pretty accurate.  The old fashioned corn liquor is not where the demand is though, various fruit flavored concoctions are what they want and that goes along with the tv shows.  Cherry, peach and orange are very popular flavors.
And Apple Pie. That stuff can put the hurt on you.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 13, 2018, 10:08:21 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
Right now, I'm splitting my time between actual work and enjoying the pig-out our department is having today.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 10:08:39 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and TugboatLookoutDave.  About another hour in the orifice then heading to Ft Worth.
Heading out around noon myself, heading down to Baltimore for daughters graduation tomorrow  (Masters of Nursing - Nurse Practicioner)
Ahhh, hence the 3-day work week. That's worth celebrating. Congrats!
Even better that she paid for it!
Congratulations Dave!!!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 13, 2018, 10:18:46 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
not me, it's all I can do to get my tongue from hanging out.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 10:32:48 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
Right now, I'm splitting my time between actual work and enjoying the pig-out our department is having today.
Holiday event or are you celebrating something else?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 10:33:10 AM
@ Mayor T - Guess they are going to screw up your favorite smokes

Cigar News: Drew Estate Ships Three Offerings in Revamped Herrera Esteli Line
I saw that. Wondering if the habano will be the "original"?
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 10:33:48 AM
All these damn food recalls are getting ridiculous!  Used to be you took them back for a refund but most of them now are saying F.U., throw it away it is dangerous and do not return it so you eat the cost.  I had to throw away a pack of expensive ground prime rib a couple of weeks ago.
That's BS.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 10:33:54 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
not me, it's all I can do to get my tongue from hanging out.
Cleaning day must be rough.
 May need some hot tub time after all that work.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 10:34:24 AM
SHEESH!
I know. Peeps might actually have work to do.
Guilty as charged.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 10:35:44 AM
Biscuits, Sausage and Cheese Grits for breakfast this morning.
Yum! Can't wait for access to that again.
Hope you gave up NJ access to those high capacity magazines before they raid your home.
Never been legal as far as magazine capacity.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 10:36:33 AM
All these damn food recalls are getting ridiculous!  Used to be you took them back for a refund but most of them now are saying F.U., throw it away it is dangerous and do not return it so you eat the cost.  I had to throw away a pack of expensive ground prime rib a couple of weeks ago.
You should just be able to return it for refund.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 13, 2018, 10:52:59 AM
Thursday offering from SBC:

Thursday Special!
Hello Small Batchers today we have two specials on four categorizes!

CODE: THURSDAY = 25% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below no minimum!

CODE: THURSDAY150 = 35% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below on orders $150+!

Archetype
FQ Phenom
Viaje Circa 45
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 11:52:46 AM
@ Mayor T - Guess they are going to screw up your favorite smokes

Cigar News: Drew Estate Ships Three Offerings in Revamped Herrera Esteli Line
I saw that. Wondering if the habano will be the "original"?
The new packaging will still have the norteno we know and love.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
Thursday offering from SBC:

Thursday Special!
Hello Small Batchers today we have two specials on four categorizes!

CODE: THURSDAY = 25% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below no minimum!

CODE: THURSDAY150 = 35% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below on orders $150+!

Archetype
FQ Phenom
Viaje Circa 45
I never ordered from there before but never say never.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: sfish on December 13, 2018, 01:12:53 PM
Thursday offering from SBC:

Thursday Special!
Hello Small Batchers today we have two specials on four categorizes!

CODE: THURSDAY = 25% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below no minimum!

CODE: THURSDAY150 = 35% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below on orders $150+!

Archetype
FQ Phenom
Viaje Circa 45
I never ordered from there before but never say never.
You just said it 3 times
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 13, 2018, 01:16:33 PM
Thursday offering from SBC:

Thursday Special!
Hello Small Batchers today we have two specials on four categorizes!

CODE: THURSDAY = 25% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below no minimum!

CODE: THURSDAY150 = 35% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below on orders $150+!

Archetype
FQ Phenom
Viaje Circa 45
I never ordered from there before but never say never.
You just said it 3 times
He was trying to coach that habit out of himself.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 13, 2018, 02:17:16 PM
Banter now thoroughly lulled, time to hazzuh!
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 02:47:48 PM
Thursday offering from SBC:

Thursday Special!
Hello Small Batchers today we have two specials on four categorizes!

CODE: THURSDAY = 25% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below no minimum!

CODE: THURSDAY150 = 35% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below on orders $150+!

Archetype
FQ Phenom
Viaje Circa 45
I never ordered from there before but never say never.
You just said it 3 times
He was trying to coach that habit out of himself.
Laughing at this comment. Haha.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 02:50:39 PM
Banter now thoroughly lulled, time to hazzuh!
I'll be checking in later. I have to stop by b&m on my way home for butane for my lighters. Excuse to buy a stick. Catch you later Gent's
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 13, 2018, 04:26:11 PM
Banter now thoroughly lulled, time to hazzuh!
I'll be checking in later. I have to stop by b&m on my way home for butane for my lighters. Excuse to buy a stick. Catch you later Gent's
Sounds like a solid plan.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 13, 2018, 05:23:44 PM
Christmas Eve is often a time to spend getting together with family, cooking a nice meal and listening for the clop, clop of Santa’s reindeer on the roof. But the normally cheerful occasion has a darker secret — the greatest heart attack risk of the year.

That’s according to a new study published in the British Medical Journal on Wednesday, which found that a person’s risk of heart attack spikes during most holidays and peaks at around 10 p.m on Christmas Eve.

“The peak is very pronounced exactly on Christmas Eve and the following two days, so, I think it is something specific for the way we celebrate these holidays,” said Lund University cardiologist David Erlinge, according to the Telegraph.
All that fried calamari, them there Italians eat, gonna stick with the seafood salad, and the conch in red sauce.
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 13, 2018, 05:24:36 PM
I was questioning the usefulness of moonshiners the other day and I got some info from a couple of knowledgeable sources.  Seems that moonshine is in high demand these days.  A lot of the tv show is pretty accurate.  The old fashioned corn liquor is not where the demand is though, various fruit flavored concoctions are what they want and that goes along with the tv shows.  Cherry, peach and orange are very popular flavors.
And Apple Pie. That stuff can put the hurt on you.
don't forget the cherries in moonshine....
Title: Re: 12/13/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 13, 2018, 06:27:22 PM
Banter now thoroughly lulled, time to hazzuh!
I'll be checking in later. I have to stop by b&m on my way home for butane for my lighters. Excuse to buy a stick. Catch you later Gent's
Sounds like a solid plan.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/halfwheel.com/oliva-serie-v-maduro-2018s-head-to-stores/285534/amp

Picked one up on my way home today. Just finished dinner. Cooked burgers on the grill and lighting up a Romeo San Andreas.