CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 11, 2018, 12:59:27 AM

Title: 12/11/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 11, 2018, 12:59:27 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on December 11, 2018, 03:23:30 AM
Good morning gents....  I hope everyone is doing ok, and getting their Christmas shopping done...  I believe I have all my shopping done, thanks to Best Buy online, and Amazon ...  My grandson was trying to slip in a $400 Sony Playstation on his Christmas list, but I was able to talk him out of it.  I got my 9 year old granddaughter a karaoke machine, so I hope that goes over well....  My wife bought me a $4 torch lighter from the Dollar General, so at least I'll have some thing to light a cigar with on Christmas...   :) :)
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on December 11, 2018, 03:25:20 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on December 11, 2018, 03:30:56 AM
All I have left to talk about is my parakeet ...  I place paper towels in front of my computer, then place his toys out (old plastic Niquil cups, jingle bells, a checker, and some balls), and he plays with them while I surf the internet.  He acts like a tiny dog chasing his toys around and trying to give them to me. He sits on my shoulder and talks to me, but he still won't say, "Vote for Trump.."  I guess he's a Democrat ...    :)
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on December 11, 2018, 03:33:41 AM
My wife will turn 65 this coming April, so she has been receiving calls from every insurance company wanting her to buy a Medicare supplement policy.  We receive 11 calls yesterday, which is drive you nuts...  Well, that's it for now..., back to bed..!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 05:33:20 AM
Some snow and ice this morning in the SC upstate, cold ass 37 feels like 28 here.  Wind is brutal!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 05:34:36 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
They have a deal every now and then that would be pretty decent with 20% off.  Finding something decent with FS is going to be the trick.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 06:02:50 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
They have a deal every now and then that would be pretty decent with 20% off.  Finding something decent with FS is going to be the trick.
GIFT10 right now gets you FS and $10 off. Not sure if you can use it with a gift card, but worth a shot.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 06:24:03 AM
@ TugboatTony - Early morning Tug pushing a barge

Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 11, 2018, 06:39:18 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
They have a deal every now and then that would be pretty decent with 20% off.  Finding something decent with FS is going to be the trick.
GIFT10 right now gets you FS and $10 off. Not sure if you can use it with a gift card, but worth a shot.
Thank you for the coupon code and thank you to everyone who posts deals, coupon codes, etc. I jumped on the JG reserva especials last week, many thanks....
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 11, 2018, 06:40:54 AM
Good morning guy's.... busy day. Looking to check in later!!!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:46:44 AM
Morning BD, FrostOnThePalmettosDave, DiscountDave and ThankfulRick.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:47:50 AM
Those tugs can throw off some light.  Hate to have that shine in your window first thing in the morning.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:49:26 AM
Today is Tuesday, Dec. 11, the 345th day of 2018. There are 20 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Dec. 11, 1972, Apollo 17’s lunar module landed on the moon with astronauts Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt aboard; they became the last two men to date to step onto the lunar surface.

On this date:
In 1792, France’s King Louis XVI went before the Convention to face charges of treason. (Louis was convicted, and executed the following month.)
In 1816, Indiana became the 19th state.
In 1910, French inventor Georges Claude publicly displayed his first neon lamp, consisting of two 38-foot-long tubes, at the Paris Expo.
In 1917, British Gen. Edmund Allenby entered Jerusalem two days after his forces expelled the Ottoman Turks.
In 1936, Britain’s King Edward VIII abdicated the throne so he could marry American divorcee Wallis Warfield Simpson; his brother, Prince Albert, became King George VI.
In 1937, Italy withdrew from the League of Nations.
In 1941, Germany and Italy declared war on the United States; the U.S. responded in kind.
In 1961, a U.S. aircraft carrier carrying Army helicopters arrived in Saigon — the first direct American military support for South Vietnam’s battle against Communist guerrillas.
In 1980, President Jimmy Carter signed legislation creating a $1.6 billion environmental “superfund” to pay for cleaning up chemical spills and toxic waste dumps. “Magnum P.I.,” starring Tom Selleck, premiered on CBS.
In 1991, a jury in West Palm Beach, Florida, acquitted William Kennedy Smith of sexual assault and battery, rejecting the allegations of Patricia Bowman.
In 1997, more than 150 countries agreed at a global warming conference in Kyoto, Japan, to control the Earth’s greenhouse gases.
In 2001, in the first criminal indictment stemming from 9/11, federal prosecutors charged Zacarias Moussaoui, a French citizen of Moroccan descent, with conspiring to murder thousands in the suicide hijackings. (Moussaoui pleaded guilty to conspiracy in 2005 and was sentenced to life in prison.)
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:50:05 AM
Ten years ago: Former Nasdaq chairman Bernie Madoff was arrested, accused of running a multibillion-dollar Ponzi scheme that destroyed thousands of people’s life savings and wrecked charities. (Madoff is serving a 150-year federal prison sentence.) The remains of missing Florida toddler Caylee Anthony were found six months after she disappeared. (Her mother, Casey Anthony, was acquitted of murder in her daughter’s death.) A suicide bomber killed at least 55 people near Kirkuk, Iraq. Former pinup model Bettie Page died in Los Angeles at age 85.

Five years ago: Time magazine selected Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, saying the Roman Catholic church’s new leader — the first from Latin America — had changed the perception of the 2,000-year-old institution in an extraordinary way in a short time.

One year ago: A Bangladeshi immigrant set off a crude pipe bomb in a New York City subway passageway in a botched suicide bombing; it did not fully detonate and Akayed Ullah was the only one seriously hurt. (Ullah was convicted on terrorism charges in federal court; sentencing is set for April 5, 2019.) A Southern California wildfire exploded in size again, becoming the fifth largest in state history; officials handed out masks to those who stayed behind in an exclusive community where Oprah Winfrey and other stars had homes. Chef Mario Batali stepped away from his restaurant empire and his cooking show “The Chew” as he conceded that reports of sexual misconduct “match up” to his behavior. French President Emmanuel Macron awarded millions of dollars in grants to 18 climate scientists from the U.S. and elsewhere, allowing them to relocate to France for the remainder of Donald Trump’s presidential term. The Pentagon said transgender recruits would be allowed to enlist in the military beginning Jan. 1; a ban ordered by Trump had suffered a series of legal setbacks.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:54:31 AM
Thought for Today: “It takes a long time to understand nothing.” — Edward Dahlberg, American author and critic (1900-1977).
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:56:44 AM
Today’s Birthdays
Actor Jean-Louis Trintignant is 88.
Actress Rita Moreno is 87.
Pop singer David Gates (Bread) is 78.
Actress Donna Mills is 78.
Former Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., is 77.
Former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is 75.
Singer Brenda Lee is 74.
Actress Lynda Day George is 74.
Music producer Tony Brown is 72.
Actress Teri Garr is 71.
Movie director Susan Seidelman is 67.
Actress Bess Armstrong is 65.
Singer Jermaine Jacksun is 64.
Rock musician Mike Mesaros (The Smithereens) is 61.
Rock musician Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue) is 60.
Rock musician Darryl Jones (The Rolling Stones) is 57.
Actor Ben Browder is 56.
Singer-musician Justin Currie (Del Amitri) is 54.
Rock musician David Schools (Hard Working Americans, Gov’t Mule, Widespread Panic) is 54.
Actor Gary Dourdan is 52.
Actress-comedian Mo’Nique is 51.
Actor Max Martini is 49.
Rapper-actor Mos Def is 45.
Actor Rider Strong is 39.
Actress Xosha Roquemore is 34.
Actress Karla Souza is 32.
Actress Hailee Steinfeld is 22.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 06:57:43 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 06:58:27 AM
Those tugs can throw off some light.  Hate to have that shine in your window first thing in the morning.
They do have some serious lighting but fortunately they don’t really shine directly through the windows
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 07:00:29 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Fortunately for the past year I have not been really looking to buy much more than the occasional fill in when a super deal passes through.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 07:01:00 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
They have a deal every now and then that would be pretty decent with 20% off.  Finding something decent with FS is going to be the trick.
GIFT10 right now gets you FS and $10 off. Not sure if you can use it with a gift card, but worth a shot.
25% off and Free Shipping at CI with GREEN25
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 07:02:51 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Fortunately I have not been really looking to buy much more than the occasional fill in super deal in the last year.
Of course not a bargain, but they've been getting some new exclusive lanceros at Stogies World lately.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 07:03:07 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
They have a deal every now and then that would be pretty decent with 20% off.  Finding something decent with FS is going to be the trick.
GIFT10 right now gets you FS and $10 off. Not sure if you can use it with a gift card, but worth a shot.
25% off and Free Shipping at CI with GREEN25
$99 minimum and a few exclusions too
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 07:04:22 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Fortunately I have not been really looking to buy much more than the occasional fill in super deal in the last year.
Of course not a bargain, but they've been getting some new exclusive lanceros at Stogies World lately.
Seems like Lanceros are making a limited comeback lately.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 07:05:40 AM
Extremely Pistoff Kristoff Slated for January release....8 1/2 x 60! - Halfwheel
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:06:30 AM
Whoa! Quite a bit of banter to catch up on. 24° here and there's been some shrinkage.

Good morning, folks.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 07:11:14 AM
Whoa! Quite a bit of banter to catch up on. 24° here and there's been some shrinkage.

Good morning, folks.
Shrinkage😂

Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 07:12:23 AM
Extremely Pistoff Kristoff Slated for January release....8 1/2 x 60! - Halfwheel
That’s a real Lewinsky!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 07:14:59 AM
Can't believe it's been 10 years already since the Madoff nonsense.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 07:18:50 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Not a banner day so far for the daily deals.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:22:29 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Not a banner day so far for the daily deals.
I'll continue to keep my expectations low.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 11, 2018, 07:24:06 AM
Good morning AllThreeDaves, BoilerRick, and There'sShrinkage!Tony.  32 deg here, not windy, should be a nice day.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 11, 2018, 07:24:17 AM
Sis offering up selections from my three least favorite brands today.  Good thing I'm not looking to buy.
Not a banner day so far for the daily deals.
I'll continue to keep my expectations low.
TWSS
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:25:32 AM
Whoa! Quite a bit of banter to catch up on. 24° here and there's been some shrinkage.

Good morning, folks.
Shrinkage

Morning Mayor
Thanks for the tug boat shots. What a great place to smoke a cigar and watch them go by.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:26:40 AM
Good morning AllThreeDaves, BoilerRick, and There'sShrinkage!Tony.  32 deg here, not windy, should be a nice day.
Good morning, Mark. Winter sure came quick. Let's hope it leaves just as fast.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:28:02 AM
I still have my $20 gift card from CI that expires at the end of this month, so hopefully they will have a last minute sale, so I can nab something good...
Oh crap, they expire?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 07:35:09 AM
Whoa! Quite a bit of banter to catch up on. 24° here and there's been some shrinkage.

Good morning, folks.
Shrinkage😂

Morning Mayor
I guess it's all relative...
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 07:36:44 AM
Good morning AllThreeDaves, BoilerRick, and There'sShrinkage!Tony.  32 deg here, not windy, should be a nice day.
Good morning, Mark. Winter sure came quick. Let's hope it leaves just as fast.
Yea, keep hoping that Tony.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:48:39 AM
Good morning AllThreeDaves, BoilerRick, and There'sShrinkage!Tony.  32 deg here, not windy, should be a nice day.
Good morning, Mark. Winter sure came quick. Let's hope it leaves just as fast.
Yea, keep hoping that Tony.
There's no where to go either. Cold all the way down to Florida and across to Texas. WTF?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 08:52:50 AM
good morning guys. 46°, may hit 60° but I doubt it. thank God winter in Florida only lasts a few weeks and not half a year.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 08:53:17 AM
for Tony.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 08:57:54 AM
Good to see the Floridian finally rolling in.  Got that Buddy heater all charged up?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 08:58:45 AM
Good morning AllThreeDaves, BoilerRick, and There'sShrinkage!Tony.  32 deg here, not windy, should be a nice day.
Good morning, Mark. Winter sure came quick. Let's hope it leaves just as fast.
Yea, keep hoping that Tony.
There's no where to go either. Cold all the way down to Florida and across to Texas. WTF?
There's always someplace to go....don't make me tell you.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 09:02:25 AM
Cold report for Dean (as if you didn't know this already)

http://www.stogieguys.com/2018/12/12102018-cigar-tip-cigars-and-the-common-cold.html
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 09:05:46 AM
Good to see the Floridian finally rolling in.  Got that Buddy heater all charged up?
it isn't bad in the sun. the garage seems to stay 10° warmer. when I feel better and move the hot tub in there it'll be NICE.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 09:08:10 AM
Cold report for Dean (as if you didn't know this already)

http://www.stogieguys.com/2018/12/12102018-cigar-tip-cigars-and-the-common-cold.html
yeah, I knew that, but nice read. thanks.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 09:08:30 AM
A little help if you're doing your whiskey shopping...

http://www.stogieguys.com/2018/11/11292018-tips-2018-holiday-whiskey-gift-guide.html
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 09:10:08 AM
EPC 2nds still taste the same.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 09:17:22 AM
good morning guys. 46°, may hit 60° but I doubt it. thank God winter in Florida only lasts a few weeks and not half a year.
A sailboat just passed by headed your way, warm and cozy there compared to here.

Our high today will be in the mid 40’s.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 09:19:07 AM
for Tony.
I'm pretty sure this is a setup. No way there would still be any elf head left given the proximaty and caliber of the pistol.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 09:36:20 AM
SBC got their offer out early today:

Tuesday Special!

Hello Small Batchers today we have one special on three categorizes!

 CODE: Tuesday = 30% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below!

 Aging Room
 Hiram & Solomon
 Perdomo
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 09:37:14 AM
SBC got their offer out early today:

Tuesday Special!

Hello Small Batchers today we have one special on three categorizes!

 CODE: Tuesday = 30% off plus 5% reward points on the categories below!

 Aging Room
 Hiram & Solomon
 Perdomo
Hmmm, it's worth a look.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 09:37:39 AM
for Tony.
I'm pretty sure this is a setup. No way there would still be any elf head left given the proximaty and caliber of the pistol.
Pistol just looks big.  Actual bore if for a 0.9mm.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 09:41:34 AM
for Tony.
I'm pretty sure this is a setup. No way there would still be any elf head left given the proximaty and caliber of the pistol.
Pistol just looks big.  Actual bore if for a 0.9mm.
What do I know?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 11, 2018, 09:41:56 AM
I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 09:56:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 10:07:33 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 11, 2018, 10:17:04 AM
Just peeking in. Hello guys.  I missed this banter. Cold today, no cigar yet. Yet!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 10:18:32 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 10:18:46 AM
I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 10:35:58 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 10:38:49 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:42:40 AM
Morning RevolverRaz.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:44:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
First I've heard.
Then again, I'm not nearly as knowledgable, my armory not near so large, and I don't want to deal with stocking too much of a variety of ammo.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 10:45:32 AM
Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
They've become popular again lately.  I think with the average gun owner now owning eight firearms, people have got their carry gun choices sorted out, and with good sub-$1K 10mm options on the market now they're buying for fun.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:51:37 AM
@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 10:51:57 AM

Morning, muchachos.
speaking of calibers.
10mm, specifically. My Christmas gift to myself.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/7efc9220925bf2fc9f4504cba87e8637.jpg)
nice. you're the first person I've heard buy a 10 mil. can I ask why? are you using it for hunting?
If I have to have a reason, I suppose it'd be a good choice for a camp gun, and it'll probably see use that way. It was mostly a wish list thing. Friend of mine I call "McGuyver" got one, and I liked hell out of it.
just curious. seldom see or hear of a 10mm.
First I've heard.
Then again, I'm not nearly as knowledgable, my armory not near so large, and I don't want to deal with stocking too much of a variety of ammo.

Yeah, I used to think "practically" about firearms too. I've crossed over to "collector" now, BATFE certified. This was actually a deviation from my recent focus on "curios and relics."
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:52:21 AM
@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
December 12 is also  National Ambrosia Day, National Ding-a-Ling Day, Gingerbread House Day and Poinsettia Day.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 10:53:04 AM
I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:56:24 AM
But first things first, December 11 is

NATIONAL APP DAY

National App Day is observed annually on December 11.  The word “App” was listed as the word of the year in 2010 by the American Dialect Society.

Short for Software Application, apps quickly appeared as our mobile cellular phones incorporated smart technologies including processing chips, internet connectivity and touchscreens.

Since that time apps have changed how we work, live and play.  They have created thousands of new companies, millions of new jobs and billions of dollars in revenue.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Post what your favorite app is on social media using #NationalAppDay, including why you couldn’t imagine life without it.  Click here to read the 2018 press release from the founder of App Day.

HISTORY

National App Day was submitted to and accepted by the Registrar at National Day Calendar in December 2017 by CJ Thompson, founder of Platinum Edge Media.

The purpose of National App Day is to celebrate the importance of apps as they change our collective culture by organically promoting creativity and innovation.

Apps accelerated in growth with the advent of Apple’s iPhone in 2007.  In 2008 Apple introduced OS 2.0, which included approximately 500 apps and allowed third-party app generation.  Today there are over 2 million apps on both the Apple and Android platforms and thousands more introduced daily.

NATIONAL NOODLE RING DAY

Across the country, December 11 is day recognizing National Noodle Ring Day.

National Noodle Ring Day could possibly be about the little round pasta noodles that make up a delicious pasta salad or a number of other pasta dishes. They also are popular with kids (of all ages) to use in different craft projects, maybe even one that results in a beautiful snowflake for the holidays.

However, National Noodle Ring Day celebrates the pasta dish which is formed in an 8 or 9 inch ring mold or bundt pan.  Usually made from noodles, flour, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs and other seasonings, this dish has quite a following.  When baked the noodle ring is removed from the mold and served on a plate giving it an elegant appearance.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Try your skills with making a noodle ring from one of the following noodle ring recipes:

Baked Noodle Ring
Picture Perfect Noodle Ring
Noodle Ring

Use #NationalNoodleRingDay to post on social media.

HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to locate the creator or origin of National Noodle Ring Day.

Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 10:58:26 AM
[...]

Can't say that I've ever seen noodle rings in the store or at a restaurant outside of Spaghetti-Os.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 11, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
Too bad beyond Rochester in NY. All they have are Dunkin donuts and Starbucks. I'm still heavily influenced by Tim Hortons.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 11:00:43 AM
I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 11:04:50 AM
[...]

I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 11:11:45 AM

[...]

I have what I need, other than the Mossberg .410 pump.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

[...]

You still haven't found one of those? I saw one the other day and thought of you, but I thought I remembered you already having got one.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 11:17:55 AM

[...]

no, I was given a sawed off 12 gauge from the buddy that died but gave it to his son after I cleaned it.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 11:20:12 AM
[...]

Naw, I just checked it. You can't diatill spirits at home for personal consumption without a distilled spirits permit from the feds.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 11:22:35 AM

[...]

The Mrs is on their mailing list. Let's see if she'll surprise me.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 11:24:40 AM

[...]

On the BATFE's mailing list? Not necessarily a good thing...
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 11:25:23 AM

[...]

Krispy Kreme. Keep up, Raz.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 11:26:20 AM

[...]

Or maybe it's me that needs to keep up... Blaming this one on Tapatalk.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 11:27:24 AM
@TugboatTony...

 12/12 is the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' annual "Day of the Dozens."

With the purchase of any dozen doughnuts Wednesday including holiday specialties, get dozen of the chain’s Original Glazed Doughnuts for $1. There's a limit of two deals per customer.
... I was trying to quote the previous post. Sheesh on me.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 11:33:08 AM
This was what I saw on a deal the other day, Dean. It's not now. Sorry, should have notified you.

https://grabagun.com/mossberg-590-shockwave-410-14-3-bl-syn.html
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 11:42:31 AM

[...]

not what I thought either.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 11:45:08 AM
[...]

I stand corrected sir, that is the case.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 11:46:15 AM
More Freebies:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/12/10/panera-bread-how-get-free-bagel-rest-2018/2262570002/
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
This was what I saw on a deal the other day, Dean. It's not now. Sorry, should have notified you.

https://grabagun.com/mossberg-590-shockwave-410-14-3-bl-syn.html
I've seen the Cruiser as low as $310.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: razgueado on December 11, 2018, 11:48:33 AM
[...]

Damn. I was hoping you knew something I didn't.

Still going to get myself a still one of these days when I'm not buying a gun.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 11:52:02 AM
More Freebies:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/12/10/panera-bread-how-get-free-bagel-rest-2018/2262570002/
Or BK Whopper for a penny?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/12/04/burger-king-penny-whopper-promotion-mcdonalds/2197166002/
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 11:55:43 AM
[...]

I know laws have changed allowing for "micro distilleries", but they are commercial ventures and require licensure.  I had assumed that with all the home fermentation supply companies (for beer and wine) selling stills and accessories as well, I assumed.  But no, the disclaimer (wink, wink) is that these products would be used for fuel and other non consumable production.  Yea, that's why they are being sold in a consumable at home catalog...
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 11:58:43 AM
[...]

You should build one like Hawkeye and Trapper did in M*A*S*H.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 12:34:33 PM
[...]

ha, 3 hour old gin.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 12:39:32 PM
[...]

Yum, fresh!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 01:03:49 PM
[...]

Also gonna start rolling my own cigars soon.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 11, 2018, 01:06:17 PM
[...]

if you don't have time to smoke them, where you going to find the time to make them? 🤔
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 01:06:51 PM
[...]

Remember to use actual tobacco leaves, not whatever you find growing in the yard.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 01:07:25 PM
[...]

Late at night, while he's waiting to do the flip. :D
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 01:16:09 PM
[...]

Killjoy.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 01:19:03 PM
[...]

Since it's Tuesday, flip this...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/24af9a9dccc7aaba65c88f79b0ef6f5a.gif)
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 01:33:54 PM
[...]

Nailed it.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 11, 2018, 02:22:18 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 02:24:00 PM
Hazzuh!
Hope it wasn't something I posted.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 02:44:20 PM
[...]

Just remember, you can't use YOUR OWN thighs....
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 02:45:27 PM
[...]

With the new NJ governor, we soon may have additional options...
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 02:47:56 PM
Hazzuh!
Fine way to go out today, later Dave.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 02:50:12 PM
Speaking of Flip, where is that old crust of bread?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 02:55:53 PM
Speaking of Flip, where is that old crust of bread?
Excellent question. The former cigar smoker doesn't come around often enough.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 03:00:56 PM
Speaking of Flip, where is that old crust of bread?
Excellent question. The former cigar smoker doesn't come around often enough.
I guess there isn't much need to stop by a cigar chat room if you don't smoke cigars....not that we talk a lot about cigars, but that's not the point.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 11, 2018, 03:01:54 PM
Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 11, 2018, 03:31:42 PM
Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 04:27:28 PM
Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
You still liking the other Basin better?
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 11, 2018, 05:10:23 PM
Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
You still liking the other Basin better?
Yes.  Lighting up the anaconda confirms it.  Still a good smoke but will buying the basin going forward.  Flavors are more nuanced.  The anaconda skews DPG with the pepper but not as pronounced.
Title: Re: 12/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 11, 2018, 07:22:38 PM
Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
You still liking the other Basin better?
Yes.  Lighting up the anaconda confirms it.  Still a good smoke but will buying the basin going forward.  Flavors are more nuanced.  The anaconda skews DPG with the pepper but not as pronounced.
Interesting. I have a bunch of Basins but I generally do enjoy pepper. I'll have to look for an Anaconda. Pretty sure Charlie has a box from which I can mooch.