CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 03, 2018, 12:01:08 AM

Title: 10/3/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on October 03, 2018, 12:01:08 AM
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 05:27:06 AM
Happy day of humping.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 05:36:20 AM
Happy day of humping.
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 06:24:09 AM
Nothing like an early sheesh. What? No one wants to discuss the 25th anniversary Nica Libre?
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 06:39:42 AM
Nothing like an early sheesh. What? No one wants to discuss the 25th anniversary Nica Libre?
Guess it's more like a dry hump today.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 06:47:28 AM
Nothing like an early sheesh. What? No one wants to discuss the 25th anniversary Nica Libre?
Guess it's more like a dry hump today.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 07:31:25 AM
Morning Tony and OneDave. Hump day, indeed. Nothing to get excited about (TWSS).
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 07:37:49 AM
Morning Tony and OneDave. Hump day, indeed. Nothing to get excited about (TWSS).
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:39:12 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 07:51:38 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
Sounds like a nice time. Feeling any better, Dean?
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 07:52:26 AM
Happy day of humping.
Well, happy Wednesday anyway... :-\
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 07:53:35 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 07:55:26 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
He picked up the tab?  Sounds like a keeper!
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:56:08 AM
https://halfwheel.com/joya-de-nicaragua-cinco-decadas-el-general/282051
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 07:56:24 AM
Morning NewYorkStateOfMindDean, Mr. International and KickedOutOfBedAgainBean.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:56:41 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-liga-privada-unico-serie-nasty-fritas/281801
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:57:14 AM
https://halfwheel.com/davidoff-luke-bryan-exclusive-coming-to-shore-thing-cigars/281973
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:57:48 AM
https://halfwheel.com/la-flor-dominicana-ships-ligero-a-ligero/281960
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:58:31 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
Sounds like a nice time. Feeling any better, Dean?
no, the cold damp air is killing me.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:58:53 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
not yet.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 07:59:21 AM
Morning NewYorkStateOfMindDean, Mr. International and KickedOutOfBedAgainBean.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 08:04:22 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
He picked up the tab?  Sounds like a keeper!
He still has to pass the cigar test.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:04:32 AM
https://halfwheel.com/joya-de-nicaragua-cinco-decadas-el-general/282051
Sounds like a nice cigar, although I think I'll go with the Diadema over the Churchill.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:08:45 AM
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 3, the 276th day of 2018. There are 89 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Oct. 3, 1995, the jury in the O.J. Simpson murder trial in Los Angeles found the former football star not guilty of the 1994 slayings of his former wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ronald Goldman (however, Simpson was later found liable for damages in a civil trial).

On this date:

In 1789, President George Washington declared Nov. 26, 1789, a day of Thanksgiving to express gratitude for the creation of the United States of America.

In 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday in November Thanksgiving Day.

In 1932, Iraq became independent of British administration.

In 1941, Adolf Hitler declared in a speech in Berlin that Russia had been “broken” and would “never rise again.” ″The Maltese Falcon” — the version starring Humphrey Bogart and directed by John Huston — premiered in New York.

In 1955, “Captain Kangaroo” and “The Mickey Mouse Club” premiered on C-B-S and A-B-C, respectively.

In 1962, astronaut Wally Schirra (shih-RAH’) became the fifth American to fly in space as he blasted off from Cape Canaveral aboard the Sigma 7 on a 9-hour flight.

In 1967, folk singer-songwriter Woody Guthrie, the Dust Bowl Troubadour best known for “This Land Is Your Land,” died in New York of complications from Huntington’s disease; he was 55.

In 1981, Irish nationalists at the Maze Prison near Belfast, Northern Ireland, ended seven months of hunger strikes that had claimed 10 lives.

In 1991, Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton entered the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

In 2001, the Senate approved an agreement normalizing trade between the United States and Vietnam.

In 2003, a tiger attacked magician Roy Horn of duo “Siegfried & Roy” during a performance in Las Vegas, leaving the superstar illusionist in critical condition on his 59th birthday.

In 2008, O.J. Simpson was found guilty of robbing two sports-memorabilia dealers at gunpoint in a Las Vegas hotel room. (Simpson was later sentenced to nine to 33 years in prison; he was granted parole in July 2017 and released from prison in October of that year.)
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:09:15 AM
Ten years ago: Amid dire warnings of economic disaster, a reluctant Congress abruptly reversed course and approved a historic $700 billion government bailout of the battered financial industry; President George W. Bush swiftly signed it. Thirteen years to the day after O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murdering his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ronald Goldman, the former football star was found guilty of robbing two sports-memorabilia dealers at gunpoint in a Las Vegas hotel room. (Simpson was later sentenced to nine to 33 years in prison.)

Five years ago: A Connecticut woman driving a black Infiniti with her 1-year-old daughter inside tried to ram a White House barricade, then led police on a chase toward the U.S. Capitol, where police shot and killed her. (The unarmed woman, 34-year-old Miriam Carey, had been diagnosed with postpartum depression and psychosis; her child was unharmed.) President Barack Obama canceled a trip to Asia to stay in Washington and push for an elusive funding agreement that would end a partial government shutdown. A smugglers’ ship packed with African migrants sank off the coast of a southern Italian island, killing more than 365 people.

One year ago: President Donald Trump, visiting Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, congratulated the U.S. island territory for escaping the higher death toll of what he called “a real catastrophe like Katrina;” at a church used to distribute supplies, Trump handed out flashlights and tossed rolls of paper towels into the friendly crowd. The United States expelled 15 of Cuba’s diplomats to protest Cuba’s failure to protect Americans from unexplained attacks in Havana. Yahoo announced that the largest data breach in history had affected all 3 billion accounts on its service, not the 1 billion it had revealed earlier.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:11:49 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Composer Steve Reich is 82.
Rock and roll star Chubby Checker is 77.
Actor Alan Rachins is 76.
Former Sen. Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., is 75.
Magician Roy Horn is 74.
Singer Lindsey Buckingham is 69.
Jazz musician Ronnie Laws is 68.
Blues singer Keb’ Mo’ is 67.
Former astronaut Kathryn Sullivan is 67.
Baseball Hall of Famer Dave Winfield is 67.
Baseball Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley is 64.
Civil rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton is 64.
Actor Hart Bochner is 62.
Actor Peter Frechette is 62.
World Golf Hall of Famer Fred Couples is 59.
Actor-comedian Greg Proops is 59.
Actor Jack Wagner is 59.
Actor/musician Marcus Giamatti is 57.
Rock musician Tommy Lee is 56.
Actor Clive Owen is 54.
Actress Janel Moloney is 49.
Singer Gwen Stefani (steh-FAH’-nee) (No Doubt) is 49.
Pop singer Kevin Richardson is 47.
Rock singer G. Love is 46.
Actress Keiko Agena (KAY’-koh ah-GAYN’-ah) is 45.
Actress Neve Campbell is 45.
Actress Lena Headey (HEE’-dee) is 45.
Singer India.Arie (ah-REE’) is 43.
Rapper Talib Kweli (tuh-LIB’ kwah-LEE’) is 43.
Actress Alanna Ubach is 43.
Actor Seann (cq) William Scott is 42.
Actress Shannyn Sossamon is 40.
Rock musician Josh Klinghoffer (Red Hot Chili Peppers) is 39.
Actor Seth Gabel is 37.
Rock musician Mark King (Hinder) is 36.
Actor Erik Von Detten is 36.
Singer-musician Cherrill Green (Edens Edge) is 35.
Actress Tessa Thompson is 35.
Actress Meagan Holder is 34.
Actress-singer Ashlee Simpson is 34.
Rapper A$AP Rocky is 30.
Actress Alicia Vikander (ah-LIH’-see-ah vih-KAN’-duhr) is 30.
Actor Noah Schnapp (TV: “Stranger Things”) is 14.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:12:22 AM
Thought for Today: “The worst disease in the world is the plague of vengeance.” -- Dr. Karl Menninger, American psychiatrist (1893-1990).
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 08:17:37 AM
Happy b-day to my man A$AP.  So clever with the dollar sign, no wonder he's a celebrity.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 08:17:51 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
He picked up the tab?  Sounds like a keeper!
He still has to pass the cigar test.
a non smoker.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:36:12 AM
https://halfwheel.com/davidoff-luke-bryan-exclusive-coming-to-shore-thing-cigars/281973
$32 for a Davidoff?  (or any cigar for that matter) I don't think so.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:37:10 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
He picked up the tab?  Sounds like a keeper!
He still has to pass the cigar test.
a non smoker.
Nobody's perfect.  Could still come to his senses as he gets older... ;)
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 08:40:37 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 08:56:39 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
Yea, but it's skinny pasta.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 09:33:48 AM
morning Dave, Tony, and Mark. 54° and rain here. hope it breaks for the football game tonight. going to do some shopping later for hot dogs, in the meantime BrickHouse and coffee on the porch. great dinner last night with brother, SIL, daughter and her boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the tab and my brother and I left the tip. way too much food.
The boyfriend ever have his talk with you?
He picked up the tab?  Sounds like a keeper!
He still has to pass the cigar test.
a non smoker.
Nobody's perfect.  Could still come to his senses as he gets older... ;)
But definitely not for a Davidoff. IMFHO ,of course.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 09:37:34 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 09:40:01 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
There's got to be a Walmart nearby.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 09:41:12 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 09:58:59 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
Was wondering the same thing but then he changed the subject to his underwear.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 10:00:57 AM
Warped Wednesday for Mr. Bean at SBC  (for everybody else as well)

Warped Wednesday!

We hope everyone is having a wonderful morning! Today we have three different specials on Warped/Edition categories. The second and third tier also have giveaways!

 CODE: W1 = 17% off plus 5% reward points no minimum

 CODE: W2 = 20% off plus 5% reward points on purchases of $100+ plus two Cloud Hopper No. 53 & 88 (four cigars total)

 CODE: W3 = 25% off plus 5% reward points on purchases of $250+ plus two free La Colmena Reina, & Cloud Hopper No. 53 & 88 (six cigars total)
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 10:02:15 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
Was wondering the same thing but then he changed the subject to his underwear.
As long as he doesn't give the same answer to both questions....
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 10:03:40 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 03, 2018, 10:06:38 AM
Morning, muchachos. Maybe I'll get time to actually banter today. Maybe.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 10:21:39 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
Was wondering the same thing but then he changed the subject to his underwear.
As long as he doesn't give the same answer to both questions....
LALTS
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 10:24:05 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 10:24:14 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
fried brie.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 10:26:00 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
There's got to be a Walmart nearby.
I'll suffer through to Friday and head back to warmer weather.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 10:27:36 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
any other trip north will be between June and before September.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 10:31:05 AM
Morning, muchachos. Maybe I'll get time to actually banter today. Maybe.
good morning BossManPreacherRaz.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 03, 2018, 10:32:32 AM
Morning, muchachos. Maybe I'll get time to actually banter today. Maybe.
good morning BossManPreacherRaz.
Morning, FrigidDeano.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
Rev. Al Sharpton is 64? I thought he was MUCH older than that.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 10:33:21 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
Then he would've had to organize some type of lottery, and that's just too much work.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 10:38:59 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I'll bring someone if there's a wedding next year.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 10:41:06 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
Was wondering the same thing but then he changed the subject to his underwear.
As long as he doesn't give the same answer to both questions....
Hahaha
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 10:41:40 AM
Morning, muchachos. Maybe I'll get time to actually banter today. Maybe.
Hola, Bret.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 10:42:07 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
fried brie.
Mmmmmm!
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 03, 2018, 10:42:53 AM
Morning, muchachos. Maybe I'll get time to actually banter today. Maybe.
Hola, Bret.
Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 11:03:27 AM
Rev. Al Sharpton is 64? I thought he was MUCH older than that.
I thought he was 64 when I was just a kid.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 11:04:53 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
fried brie.
Was there also an olive spread and some sort of fruit chutney?
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 11:05:31 AM
Morning RevRaz
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 11:06:44 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
That's a valid point.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 11:35:22 AM
last nights dinner. cheese board appetizer and pasta pomodoro. there had to have been a pound of pasta.
What's the fried thing above the grapes?
fried brie.
Was there also an olive spread and some sort of fruit chutney?
exactly. good eye.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 11:45:11 AM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 12:01:45 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 12:03:47 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 12:32:27 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
And low likelihood of restraining orders.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 12:33:40 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
If that's the case, you're definitely not doing the harem part right.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 01:14:25 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him..... :P
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
If that's the case, you're definitely not doing the harem part right.
That is your opinion.

"A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke" Rudyard Kipling

 Open the old cigar-box, get me a Cuba stout,
 For things are running crossways, and Maggie and I are out.

 We quarrelled about Havanas -- we fought o'er a good cheroot,
 And I knew she is exacting, and she says I am a brute.

 Open the old cigar-box -- let me consider a space;
 In the soft blue veil of the vapour musing on Maggie's face.

 Maggie is pretty to look at -- Maggie's a loving lass,
 But the prettiest cheeks must wrinkle, the truest of loves must pass.

 There's peace in a Larranaga, there's calm in a Henry Clay;
 But the best cigar in an hour is finished and thrown away --

 Thrown away for another as perfect and ripe and brown --
 But I could not throw away Maggie for fear o' the talk o' the town!

 Maggie, my wife at fifty -- grey and dour and old --
 With never another Maggie to purchase for love or gold!

 And the light of Days that have Been the dark of the Days that Are,
 And Love's torch stinking and stale, like the butt of a dead cigar --

The butt of a dead cigar you are bound to keep in your pocket --
With never a new one to light tho' it's charred and black to the socket!

 Open the old cigar-box -- let me consider a while.
 Here is a mild Manila -- there is a wifely smile.

 Which is the better portion -- bondage bought with a ring,
 Or a harem of dusky beauties, fifty tied in a string?

 Counsellors cunning and silent -- comforters true and tried,
 And never a one of the fifty to sneer at a rival bride?

 Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
 Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close,

 This will the fifty give me, asking nought in return,
 With only a Suttee's passion -- to do their duty and burn.

 This will the fifty give me. When they are spent and dead,
 Five times other fifties shall be my servants instead.

 The furrows of far-off Java, the isles of the Spanish Main,
 When they hear my harem is empty will send me my brides again.

 I will take no heed to their raiment, nor food for their mouths withal,
 So long as the gulls are nesting, so long as the showers fall.

 I will scent 'em with best vanilla, with tea will I temper their hides,
 And the Moor and the Mormon shall envy who read of the tale of my brides.

 For Maggie has written a letter to give me my choice between
 The wee little whimpering Love and the great god Nick o' Teen.

 And I have been servant of Love for barely a twelvemonth clear,
 But I have been Priest of Cabanas a matter of seven year;

 And the gloom of my bachelor days is flecked with the cheery light
 Of stums that I burned to Friendship and Pleasure and Work and Fight.

 And I turn my eyes to the future that Maggie and I must prove,
 But the only light on the marshes is the Will-o'-the-Wisp of Love.

 Will it see me safe through my journey or leave me bogged in the mire?
 Since a puff of tobacco can cloud it, shall I follow the fitful fire?

 Open the old cigar-box -- let me consider anew --
 Old friends, and who is Maggie that I should abandon you?

 A million surplus Maggies are willing to bear the yoke;
 And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.

 Light me another Cuba -- I hold to my first-sworn vows.
 If Maggie will have no rival, I'll have no Maggie for Spouse!
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 01:24:32 PM
[...]

I think you've got longest PotD locked up now.

EDIT: That was not intended as a challenge to anyone else.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 01:26:56 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
Lasts longer too...
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 01:27:26 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
And low likelihood of restraining orders.
And you can pass it down to your kids...
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 01:28:38 PM
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”
―  Mark Twain

“Love makes the world go round? Not at all. Whiskey makes it go round twice as fast.”
―  Compton Mackenzie

“Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey.”
―  Ernest Hemingway

Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 01:28:42 PM
[...]

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Edit: Nah, just kidding. It seems like too much work anyway.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 01:28:58 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
And low likelihood of restraining orders.
And you can pass it down to your kids...
Or even friends.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 01:31:21 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
And low likelihood of restraining orders.
And you can pass it down to your kids...
Or even friends.
Well, technically you can pass the women off to friends also. Passing them to your kids is a bit creepy.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 01:39:42 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
Lasts longer too...
Well, yea, there's that.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 01:40:21 PM
I really wish I had long underwear.
Not only did the blood thin, but he's totally forgotten the reality of weather away from Florida.
Next trip WE will have to make up the packing list for him.....
He should have brought along someone to keep him warm in the evenings.
I don't know that he would have wanted to deal with that for 18 hours of driving each way though.
Figured he would be able to identify some local talent.
Seems like you've got this figured out nicely, maybe you need to start building your own harem.
Already have my VERY short list.
Much more enjoyable building cigar, tequila, scotch, whiskey and beer "collections".
And low likelihood of restraining orders.
And you can pass it down to your kids...
Or even friends.
Well, technically you can pass the women off to friends also. Passing them to your kids is a bit creepy.
Wouldn't be friends for long though...
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 03, 2018, 01:40:23 PM
[...]

(https://media1.tenor.com/images/7321993e3d21de3ece3a82093db137ec/tenor.gif?itemid=5034420)
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 03, 2018, 02:00:01 PM
Morning RevRaz
Morning, TD. Well, afternoon for you now.

Nope, I'm not getting much time to banter today. Sigh.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 03, 2018, 02:06:18 PM

“Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey.”
―  Ernest Hemingway
...unless you expect to be nominated to the Supreme Court.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 03, 2018, 02:17:25 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 02:26:43 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, LTG.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 03, 2018, 02:32:26 PM
Yes, the faux food holidays are coming at us fast and furious. We just wrapped up National Coffee Day (did you get your free java?) and already we’re looking at National Taco Day this Thursday, Oct. 4.

Here’s where to go to embellish your lunch or dinner. And keep checking back for more offers as other restaurants jump on the bandwagon.

Del Taco: Buy one Shredded Beef Soft Taco and get one free. Show digital coupon that you can download from www.deltaco.com. Multiple Bay Area locations.

El Pollo Loco: Get a free Chicken Taco Al Carbon when you purchase any regularly priced food or beverage item. Show digital coupon from www.elpolloloco.com. You can also enter a contest to win tacos for a year. Multiple Bay Area locations.

Green Leaf’s: Get a coupon for a free Baja Street Taco (smoked chicken, cabbage, mango, pico de gallo and chili lime sauce) when you sign up online at www.greenleafsbananas.com/tacoday.  No purchase required. Two Bay Area locations: Livermore outlets, Daly City/Serramonte.

On the Border: This full-service Mexican restaurant is serving Endless Tacos for $8.99 all day Thursday. Mix-and-match chicken tinga and ground beef tacos, served with rice, beans and chips. Two Bay Area locations: Milpitas, Dublin.

Puesto: Follow Puesto on Instagram (@eatpuesto) and mention the National Taco Day special to your server to receive a free taco of the month, which in October is a roasted squash one with braised greens in mojo de ajo, queso enchilado, warm squash salsa, pepitas and cilantro. Also this month, Puesto will donate $1 to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for every Frozen Horchata ordered. Valid at the Santa Clara location; a Concord Puesto is coming soon.

Rubio’s Coastal Grill: Receive a free Original Fish Taco with any beverage purchase Thursday. Show digital coupon downloaded from this Rubio’s link. Multiple Bay Area locations.

Taco Bell: For $5, customers can buy a National Taco Day Gift Set that includes four hard-shell tacos: Crunchy, Fiery, Cool Ranch and Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos. You can email a coupon for one of these gift sets to a friend too. Multiple Bay Area locations.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

“Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey.”
―  Ernest Hemingway
...unless you expect to be nominated to the Supreme Court.
Even then doesn't matter so much... ::)
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 02:47:42 PM
[...]

If they're offering up free food, they are as real as any holiday in my book!
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 02:58:21 PM
[...]

Couldn't agree more.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 03:34:22 PM
It's absolutely beautiful out. Needed a coffee and almost didn't go back to work. Now I've gotta figure out what to smoke for the way home.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 03:59:19 PM
It's absolutely beautiful out. Needed a coffee and almost didn't go back to work. Now I've gotta figure out what to smoke for the way home.
Got any My Father's?
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 04:26:55 PM
Over the Hump lull...
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 04:27:21 PM
It's absolutely beautiful out. Needed a coffee and almost didn't go back to work. Now I've gotta figure out what to smoke for the way home.
Got any My Father's?
I don't believe so, but I'll check.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 05:40:37 PM
Enough with this page 6 without a proper pinup....
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 03, 2018, 05:41:13 PM
Time to wrap this day, cigar is waiting.
Title: Re: 10/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 03, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
Wound up not having time for an after work cigar. Sheesh.