Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2023, 10:15:11 AM »

Was definitely a tricky one.

Wordle 680 5/6*

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Practically twinsies.

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2023, 10:15:39 AM »

Ten years ago: President Barack Obama said he wanted more information about chemical weapons use in the Syrian civil war before deciding on escalating U.S. military or diplomatic responses, despite earlier assertions that use of such weapons would be a "game-changer." The FDA lowered to 15 the age at which females could buy the Plan B emergency contraceptive without a prescription, and said it no longer had to be kept behind pharmacy counters. Willem-Alexander became the first Dutch king in more than a century as his mother, Beatrix, abdicated after 33 years as queen.

Five years ago: Central Americans who traveled in a caravan through Mexico to the U.S. border near San Diego began turning themselves in to U.S. authorities to seek asylum in a challenge to the Trump administration. New details emerged on a rift between White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and President Donald Trump, with one former administration official saying Kelly had privately called Trump "an idiot." (Trump announced in December that Kelly would be leaving at the end of the year.)

One year ago: Ukrainian forces fought village by village to hold back a Russian advance through the country's east, while the United Nations worked to broker an evacuation of the approximately 100,000 civilians remaining in the last Ukrainian stronghold in the bombed-out ruins of the port city of Mariupol. A tornado barreled through parts of Kansas, damaging multiple buildings, injuring several people and leaving more than 6,500 without power. Naomi Judd, the Kentucky-born singer of the Grammy-winning duo The Judds and mother of Wynonna and Ashley Judd, died at age 76.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2023, 10:17:28 AM »

Hey Tony, AB samplers 60% off at Atlantic!
Not sure where you got the idea I'm a fan. Although I would gladly take more free AB Americans.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2023, 10:18:36 AM »

Today's birthdays:

Singer Willie Nelson is 90.
Actor Burt Young is 83.
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden is 77.
Movie director Allan Arkush is 75.
Actor Perry King is 75.
Singer-musician Wayne Kramer is 75.
Singer Merrill Osmond is 70.
Movie director Jane Campion is 69.
Movie director Lars von Trier is 67.
Former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is 64.
Actor Paul Gross is 64.
Basketball Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas is 62.
Actor Adrian Pasdar is 58.
Rock singer J.R. Richards (Dishwalla) is 56.
Rapper Turbo B (Snap) is 56.
Rock musician Clark Vogeler (Toadies) is 54.
R&B singer Chris "Choc" Dalyrimple (Soul For Real) is 52.
Rock musician Chris Henderson (3 Doors Down) is 52.
Country singer Carolyn Dawn Johnson is 53.
Actor Lisa Dean Ryan is 52.
R&B singer Akon is 51.
R&B singer Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees) is 50.
Actor Johnny Galecki is 48.
Actor Sam Heughan is 43.
Actor Kunal Nayyar is 42.
Rapper Lloyd Banks is 41.
Actor Kirsten Dunst is 41.
Actor Dianna Agron is 37.
Country singer Brandon Lancaster is 34.
Rapper/producer Travis Scott is 32.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2023, 10:19:04 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2023, 10:26:38 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
Spot on, 5.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2023, 10:27:55 AM »

The obvious coinky dink today being Johnny Galecki and Kunal Nayyar sharing a birthday, 2 stars of The Big Bang Theory.

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2023, 10:41:37 AM »

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2023, 10:43:47 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2023, 10:47:03 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.
Kids are so needy.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2023, 10:47:13 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.
Good news is that it looks like we'll get a break from the rain during our game. Plenty of it before and after though.  Our field is artificial turf so it won't be muddy.

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2023, 11:06:57 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.
Kids are so needy.
...and it never ends!

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2023, 11:08:22 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.
Kids are so needy.
...and it never ends!
That's what I hear.

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2023, 11:20:49 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.
Kids are so needy.
...and it never ends!
That's what I hear.
I look forward to the days when they'll have to wipe my ass.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2023, 11:29:27 AM »

Baseball has been cancelled again for today but soccer is still on. Looks like our goalie is hurt and Max will be filling in today. Now I have to listen to him bitch about how he needs new gloves.
Kids are so needy.
...and it never ends!
That's what I hear.
I look forward to the days when they'll have to wipe my ass.
Payback's a bitch!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4