Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

  • Administrator
5/2/2022
« on: May 02, 2022, 12:01:39 AM »

Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 06:45:58 AM »

Morning, boyos. What an adventure this hotel was we stayed at over the weekend. We stay there every time we go to PA, and have never had an issue. During the course of the visit, I found out they are under new management within the last few weeks, which explains our visit.

First, they didn't have the room we reserved. We always get a suite with separate bedroom/living room, 2 king beds. First one they tried to put us in was 2 queen beds, all in one room, no separation. Then he gave us another one, same type of room. He tells me you can't reserve that specific type of room online. I tell him you most certainly can, because I do it every year. We finally ended up in one with separate rooms, but only queen beds. Ok, not a huge deal, we'll move on.

Friday night when we get back to the room, we find out the tv in the living room is busted. Call them up, but it's too late for them to replace. And of course, the one in the bedroom is bolted to the stand, so that can't be swapped. So we deal with no tv, eventually call it a night. Saturday morning before we leave, we get a call from the front desk asking when we'll be out, because they have to change the tv and fix the toilet. Tell them when we're leaving, but say we don't have a problem with the toilet. They tell me, actually, you do, when you flush it, it's leaking into the room below you. So I tell them we'll be gone all day, have at it.

Come back Saturday night, toilet has apparently (?) been fixed, but guess who still has the same busted tv? So that's both nights now with no tv. And Sunday morning, the wife takes a shower (I skipped mine because when I got up to take it, there was no hot water). About 30 minutes after she's done, she goes to put lotion on her feet, and they are dirty as can be. Wiped them off with a rag, and the rag is now filthy. Apparently, this is what the tile floor looked like, not as clean as it appeared.

So the manager of the place is supposed to call me today to sort this out, but that'll be the last time we stay there, regardless of what she says.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 06:47:06 AM »

Oh, and found out on the way there, the EZPass transponder wasn't working. Guy at the tollbooth said he fixed it, and we went on our way. Didn't find out until we got back to OH that it still wasn't working, because in PA, you just drive right through the tollbooths instead of stopping and waiting for the gate, like in OH.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 06:53:17 AM »

Felt almost like BD with all of that. But anyways, it's Monday now, I've got a bunch of laundry to do, emails have been cleared out and the checkbook has been balanced. Let's do this.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 06:53:48 AM »

Still jammin':

Rocky Patel Decade Cigars Robusto - 5/27.50

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 06:54:38 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - Caldwell Lost & Found Pepper Cream Soda (Corona Gorda) - 10/49.99

Door #2 - Montecristo Platinum Toro - 10/54.99

Door #3 - H. Upmann Connecticut Toro - 10/54.99

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 07:03:33 AM »

Still jammin':

Rocky Patel Decade Cigars Robusto - 5/27.50
CI 25th Anniversary Hat/Tumbler Combo - 34.99

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 07:11:03 AM »

Bad Dad, is that you?

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 07:12:24 AM »

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 07:12:58 AM »

Felt almost like BD with all of that. But anyways, it's Monday now, I've got a bunch of laundry to do, emails have been cleared out and the checkbook has been balanced. Let's do this.
I didn't even read it yet. I'll backtrack later.

I've got the day off due to it being the end of Ramadan.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 07:15:43 AM »

Felt almost like BD with all of that. But anyways, it's Monday now, I've got a bunch of laundry to do, emails have been cleared out and the checkbook has been balanced. Let's do this.
I didn't even read it yet. I'll backtrack later.

I've got the day off due to it being the end of Ramadan.
Must be nice. I could've used another day off to tackle all this laundry.  ;D

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 07:38:40 AM »

[...]

Oof. New management is usually sold as a positive spin. I guess not so much in this case.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 07:39:46 AM »

Felt almost like BD with all of that. But anyways, it's Monday now, I've got a bunch of laundry to do, emails have been cleared out and the checkbook has been balanced. Let's do this.
You must be getting ready for payday Thursday!

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 07:40:23 AM »

[...]

On Sunday morning when I was complaining about the hot water and the dirty floors, I asked if they'd been taken over by new management in the last couple of years since we'd last stayed there. She said, last few weeks, actually. So that settled that.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 07:46:22 AM »

Still jammin':

Rocky Patel Decade Cigars Robusto - 5/27.50
CI 25th Anniversary Hat/Tumbler Combo - 34.99
Alec Bradley Superstition Torpedo - 10/34.99
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6