Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2023, 08:44:50 PM »

Now...the Chicago Bears are playing some boneheaded football.  I have no dog in this hunt, but this is pretty ugly.  I mean, fair-catch interference?

Let's go back to fundamentals.  THIS is a football.

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2023, 09:11:15 PM »

Dammit.  The Brownies are playing tough.  This is NOT making me happy.
We hadn't snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in a while, we were due.
Is it just me, or are backup quarterbacks playing better in the 21st century?

Seems to me that, with a few obvious exceptions (Tom Brady, Curt Warner, Aaron Rodgers), after free-agency came to the NFL, having to resort to the backup quarterback was a pretty certain death-knell for a team.  But recently, not so much.

Your guy did really well against us.  He kept y'all in the game, until one of our guys got his head in the game, literally.
I have to agree. Backups aren't the kiss of death they once were. And this is our 3rd string guy. Our backup is a rookie who got one game when Watson went down, played bad (thanks in part to terrible coaching, IMFO) and dropped a spot in the order. That we're above .500 without our main qb and without Chubb is a surprise to most people in these parts, I assure you.

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2023, 09:15:07 PM »

LGC Classic

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2023, 09:33:59 PM »

[...]

Well, he's got poise.  Our defense is still coming together, but we aren't patsies.  But he didn't look intimidated.  I gotta hand it to the guy.

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2023, 10:11:39 PM »

[...]

For sure. Our goal should be for him to handle things well enough that the defense can help win games. They nearly did. Though, I think Metcalf should've been flagged for holding on that final TD.

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2023, 11:11:56 PM »

Oh dear God.  Da' Bearse can't even throw a challenge flag right.

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2023, 11:13:28 PM »

[...]

It's only a crime if you get convicted.  It's only a foul if the refs see it.  ;-)

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2023, 11:17:43 PM »

One of my Facebook friends said about the game, "Geno.  That's all I can say."

My response:

"Geno had an 84.4 QBR today. He completed 62.2% for 254 yards. He threw 2 INTS, against 2 TDs.

PJ Walker of the Browns completed 15 of 31 for 248 yards against 2 INTS and a fumble for a QBR of 67.9. But we only beat that QB by 4 points, and that was owing to a lucky header and interception with 38 seconds left in the game. PJ Walker was 38 seconds and one 3rd down conversion from winning. Thirty. Eight. Seconds.

Jamal Adams' Helmet, that is all I got to say."
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]