Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Clemsoning
1. The act of failing miserably on a grand athletic stage, or when the stakes are high. 2. Record-setting failure, usually reserved for college football.

There was an epic example of clemsoning when Clemson hosted Florida State in a highly anticipated football game on October 19, 2013. Clemson was ranked 3rd, while Florida State was ranked 5th. Florida State won the game 51 - 14. Clemson set a NCAA record for margin of defeat by a home team ranked #3 or higher. The 51 points scored by Florida State is the most points ever allowed by a Clemson opponent on Clemson's home field. Most of the home team fans could not take the clemsoning any longer and left the game mid way through the third quarter.

Clemsoning
(verb) 1. When you are widely favored to succeed and instead crash & burn. 2. Failing miserably and/or by a wide margin 3. Horribly embarrassing yourself in front of loved ones and strangers alike. 4. Having multiple records broken against you in front of a large audience.
Let me expand your tired vocabulary.

Definition of champion
1. a winner of first prize or first place in competition a tennis champion; also : one who shows marked superiority a champion at selling

first
: preceding all others in time, order, or importance: such as
: earliest

Sounds like the mighty Clemson fan is scared to face Alabama, very understandable though!

Quote from: Travellin Dave on December 02, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
Quote from: Travellin Dave on December 02, 2017, 11:16:01 PM
Enjoying a nice scotch and a Laranja as 2017 ACC Champs!
Waiting now to see what the playoff four will be.  Most likely Georgia and Oklahoma playing in the Rose Bowl as 2 and 3.  Need to wait to see who they pick for us at #4.
I would rather it not be Alabama.

Another reminder....seems your selective memory is starting to fail you....

Semifinals      2017 Championship Game
December 31 – Peach Bowl
  1     Alabama           24
  4     Washington     7

 December 31 – Fiesta Bowl
  2     Clemson          31
  3     Ohio State   0

January 9 – National Championship
      1     Alabama   31
      2     Clemson   35

[...]

You left a few things out

Clemson is (51-97-5) against SEC Teams
Clemson is (18-42-4) against Georgia (#2)
Clemson is (4-3-0) against OK (#3)
Clemson is (4-14-0) against Alabama (#4)

January 11, 2016

2 Alabama 45
1 Clemson 40

Clear and 43 with the super moon shining bright this morning.  65 and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

Took this photo at the beach last night.  Super moon rising over one of the beach hotels.
The moon is awesome still this morning. Did you take that pic on a flip phone?  :D
No, don't know how to take a photo on a phone so used my old Kodak Btownie.
All kidding aside, you captured a nice one there. As I mentioned on yesterday's banter, the photos never seem to come close to what you actually experience.
For sure the amateur pics don't even begin to show how amazing that view was.

The hotel is painted gray but it is lit up a purplish blue at night and that gauge orange moon over it was really cool.
So you're enjoying the Clemson colors then.
CNS...here we go
He will be insufferable until Alabama has it's revenge.

Morning Fish, Tony, Dean, SCDave, and #1UntilJan1Dave.

Morning Fish, Tony, Dean, SCDave, and #1UntilJan1Dave.
LOL, Morning Bean.

Looks like your weather may be going downhill soon.  Going downhill here on Wednesday.

Clear and 43 with the super moon shining bright this morning.  65 and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

Took this photo at the beach last night.  Super moon rising over one of the beach hotels.
The moon is awesome still this morning. Did you take that pic on a flip phone?  :D
No, don't know how to take a photo on a phone so used my old Kodak Btownie.
All kidding aside, you captured a nice one there. As I mentioned on yesterday's banter, the photos never seem to come close to what you actually experience.
For sure the amateur pics don't even begin to show how amazing that view was.

The hotel is painted gray but it is lit up a purplish blue at night and that gauge orange moon over it was really cool.
So you're enjoying the Clemson colors then.
GFY
ND vs LSU in Orlando.  Don't we have an LSU fan among the Daves?

Morning Fish, Tony, Dean, SCDave, and #1UntilJan1Dave.
LOL, Morning Bean.

Looks like your weather may be going downhill soon.  Going downhill here on Wednesday.
Yep, rain and a 25 deg drop tomorrow.  We need the rain, though.

Clear and 43 with the super moon shining bright this morning.  65 and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

Took this photo at the beach last night.  Super moon rising over one of the beach hotels.
The moon is awesome still this morning. Did you take that pic on a flip phone?  :D
No, don't know how to take a photo on a phone so used my old Kodak Btownie.
All kidding aside, you captured a nice one there. As I mentioned on yesterday's banter, the photos never seem to come close to what you actually experience.
For sure the amateur pics don't even begin to show how amazing that view was.

The hotel is painted gray but it is lit up a purplish blue at night and that gauge orange moon over it was really cool.
So you're enjoying the Clemson colors then.
GFY
ND vs LSU in Orlando.  Don't we have an LSU fan among the Daves?
Yes we do but I certainly recognize their current limitations and keep my expectations in check.  That said ND should not be as much of a challenge as Troy was ;)

Clear and 43 with the super moon shining bright this morning.  65 and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

Took this photo at the beach last night.  Super moon rising over one of the beach hotels.
The moon is awesome still this morning. Did you take that pic on a flip phone?  :D
No, don't know how to take a photo on a phone so used my old Kodak Btownie.
All kidding aside, you captured a nice one there. As I mentioned on yesterday's banter, the photos never seem to come close to what you actually experience.
For sure the amateur pics don't even begin to show how amazing that view was.

The hotel is painted gray but it is lit up a purplish blue at night and that gauge orange moon over it was really cool.
So you're enjoying the Clemson colors then.
CNS...here we go
He will be insufferable until Alabama has it's revenge.
Let me fix that for you.

[...]

With the way ND performed down the stretch keeping expectations in check sounds like good advice for me as well.

Clear and 43 with the super moon shining bright this morning.  65 and partly cloudy for the afternoon.

Took this photo at the beach last night.  Super moon rising over one of the beach hotels.
The moon is awesome still this morning. Did you take that pic on a flip phone?  :D
No, don't know how to take a photo on a phone so used my old Kodak Btownie.
All kidding aside, you captured a nice one there. As I mentioned on yesterday's banter, the photos never seem to come close to what you actually experience.
For sure the amateur pics don't even begin to show how amazing that view was.

The hotel is painted gray but it is lit up a purplish blue at night and that gauge orange moon over it was really cool.
So you're enjoying the Clemson colors then.
CNS...here we go
He will be insufferable until Alabama has it's revenge. until January 1, 2018.
Let me fix that for you.

[...]

Gamecocks have a ton of experience with that concept and one of my SC fan friends coached me in dealing with it.  Worked quite well too.

I would say this one is a coin toss based on what team(s) show up that day.

I got to get to work unpacking some boxes :(

Las Mareas on sale at Cigar King, are we still luke warm on those cigars? I have not smoked any
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7